Author Topic: Atlantic City Pro Women's updates / results  (Read 25661 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Atlantic City Pro Women's updates / results
« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2007, 01:11:29 PM »
Hell why don't we just judge the competitions by photos, from the front, in model poses? Whoever has the best model pose in the photo wins.

::)

That's not a bad idea at all and I'm surprised that no one has taken the lead in doing something like this already.

You would slash overhead, allowing more of the pot to be paid directly to the pros instead of to the union workers.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2007, 01:13:12 PM »
Dont they wanna bring Figure to the masses after all!

No, they don't.

The IFBB's profit model is vastly different from what you saw in Fitness America. 

marc_thyssen

• Getbig II
  • DJ & Photographer
« Reply #102 on: September 18, 2007, 01:36:07 PM »
No, they don't.

The IFBB's profit model is vastly different from what you saw in Fitness America. 

so the IFBB doesnt want the sport to grow?? come on!

Every International Governing body in EVERY sport on the planet wants their sport to grow...gain more participants, money, coverage etc

Until they can judge properly, Figure is definitely going to be stumped to go anywhere.
Put this judging on TV and the average joe watching sport would laugh & change the channel!

Can anybody find the IFBB on a map of the world?

myspace.com/marc_thyssen

Claire Parmley

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #103 on: September 18, 2007, 02:35:15 PM »
I think it was a crime placing you last. You look outstanding, and you are a class act!
Sioux,
You are the class act!  Thank you so much!  XOXOXOXOXO to you and all you do on MD!

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #104 on: September 18, 2007, 02:38:46 PM »

Every International Governing body in EVERY sport on the planet wants their sport to grow...gain more participants, money, coverage etc

Until they can judge properly, Figure is definitely going to be stumped to go anywhere.
Put this judging on TV and the average joe watching sport would laugh & change the channel!

If it's such a joke why do you bother photographing it?
Elevate Your Image.™

marc_thyssen

• Getbig II
  • DJ & Photographer
« Reply #105 on: September 18, 2007, 03:05:50 PM »
If it's such a joke why do you bother photographing it?

If you did you research champ, you'd be making more intelligent statements. I dont shoot shows.

I shoot beautiful women, period.
Some of them may do fitness, figure or be a regular model. I dont discriminate.

So count my uninformed opinion with those of the 99% of other sport lovers around the globe who would agree Jelena looks better than 1st & 2nd placings.
The judging at the Atlantic City Pro still sucked & it doesnt do anything positive for increasing interest to Figure.

Jelena dont worry, you really kicked butt!
Stick at it & the judging will come good when the IFBB wakes up & defines consistency

:D
myspace.com/marc_thyssen

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2007, 03:12:44 PM »

No, the IFBB does not desire the type of growth you are thinking about. 

Kim Lyons of NBC's 'Biggest Loser' is, without question, the biggest IFBB-related star in the world (Arnold doesn't count), yet what has the federation done to capitalize on her success?  The door is obviously open, and the IFBB has its own media company, yet they have chosen not to market their stars at any time over the past two decades that I've been paying attention.

marc_thyssen

• Getbig II
  • DJ & Photographer
« Reply #107 on: September 18, 2007, 03:16:45 PM »
No, the IFBB does not desire the type of growth you are thinking about. 

Kim Lyons of NBC's 'Biggest Loser' is, without question, the biggest IFBB-related star in the world (Arnold doesn't count), yet what has the federation done to capitalize on her success?  The door is obviously open, and the IFBB has its own media company, yet they have chosen not to market their stars at any time over the past two decades that I've been paying attention.

"The creation and development of Figure competition provides the IFBB with yet another way to promote the sport of bodybuilding and fitness worldwide," said Ben Weider, IFBB President. "By adding this new discipline, we are able to further expand our federation and, just as important, to provide a means for Figure athletes to compete on a professional stage."

So maybe they need new judges Tre?
myspace.com/marc_thyssen

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: September 18, 2007, 03:33:48 PM »

If you did you research champ, you'd be making more intelligent statements. I dont shoot shows.

I shoot beautiful women, period.
Some of them may do fitness, figure or be a regular model. I dont discriminate.

So count my uninformed opinion with those of the 99% of other sport lovers around the globe who would agree Jelena looks better than 1st & 2nd placings.
The judging at the Atlantic City Pro still sucked & it doesnt do anything positive for increasing interest to Figure.

Jelena dont worry, you really kicked butt!
Stick at it & the judging will come good when the IFBB wakes up & defines consistency

:D

oh right, I forgot you leave show coverage to your partner in crime and while you sit back and bitch about it online.

No one is arguing with you that Jelena is beautiful and looks great, just not the physique rewarded on stage.

Sorry chump but Heather Green looks great and deserved to place well.

Elevate Your Image.™

marc_thyssen

• Getbig II
  • DJ & Photographer
« Reply #109 on: September 18, 2007, 03:40:45 PM »
oh right, I forgot you leave show coverage to your partner in crime and while you sit back and bitch about it online.

No one is arguing with you that Jelena is beautiful and looks great, just not the physique rewarded on stage.

Sorry chump but Heather Green looks great and deserved to place well.

Can see your finger is still stuck in your backside. But at least you're learning about me while its there champ.
I did note Heather looks good, BUT i will say it again...

I think Jelena clearly looks the best PACKAGE out of those 3 girls by some margin.
Now stop piddling in a puddle, do you really think Heather Green looks a better package OVERALL than Jelena? and if you do, point out to me why.
Then i will actually value some of these statements you are typing. Nobody has yet pointed that out on this thread, yet you are all experts huh!
Upper thighs is not a reason to be 7th when every other aspect is No 1.

myspace.com/marc_thyssen

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2007, 04:08:17 PM »
Can see your finger is still stuck in your backside. But at least you're learning about me while its there champ.
I did note Heather looks good, BUT i will say it again...

I think Jelena clearly looks the best PACKAGE out of those 3 girls by some margin.
Now stop piddling in a puddle, do you really think Heather Green looks a better package OVERALL than Jelena? and if you do, point out to me why.
Then i will actually value some of these statements you are typing. Nobody has yet pointed that out on this thread, yet you are all experts huh!
Upper thighs is not a reason to be 7th when every other aspect is No 1.
Yes P diddle, I do. The back, hamstrings, booty and calves say it all.

Elevate Your Image.™

FigureRX

• Getbig II
  • FigureRX.com - Everything Figure and Fitness
« Reply #111 on: September 18, 2007, 04:11:34 PM »
Good discussion ....   You know that we like both of them a lot, as well as Chastity Slone ... but Heather has better glutes, hams and calves, as well as a more defined back.  Jelena has a tighter waist and a better hip to waist ratio, and a little thicker upper back (arguable).  This aspect of the show appears to have been judged fairly, while other aspects were not.

For our Figure Olympia preview, we have decided to release a "political top five" which represents how we expect the show to be judged .... and then an "actual top ten" which is how it would be judged if everyone was impartial and following the criteria, and if there were no politics.  Sweating it out in our press room ... this should be interesting ...

Team FigureRX

marc_thyssen

• Getbig II
  • DJ & Photographer
« Reply #112 on: September 18, 2007, 04:33:24 PM »
Yes P diddle, I do. The back, hamstrings, booty and calves say it all.

Well brown finger, you finally pulled it out! Congratulations!
I do see heather's calves, thighs & back are more defined, but waist to shoulders ratio like Figure RX said..Jelena's is better.
You can also see Jelenas arms are better too from the back.

From the front, Jelena has better shoulders, chest, symmetry, skin tone, face, suit. That more than compensates for her legs.
Figure is supposedly judged on everything from Physique to Hair, Skin tone, suit, face & composure.

I dont even need to be at the contest to tell you Jelena has better composure than even most of the Olympia girls too.

Yes, Chastity looks great. Better than Andrea & Heather i think too. So much for consistent judging!
myspace.com/marc_thyssen

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: September 18, 2007, 04:47:06 PM »
You can also see Jelenas arms are better too from the back.

??? Just how can you see this?

You're still trying to tell me that Heather should be placed lower than Jelena?

Elevate Your Image.™

Denny Crane

• Getbig II
  • I also date midgets.
« Reply #114 on: September 18, 2007, 04:53:45 PM »
Who cares what a 3rate DJ from Menudo and Liftschlong think? Menudo sounds like he's trying to bang Jelena and Lift loves to debate with anyone.

I want to know where Dina is at for the Olympia.
Denny Crane. Denny Crane.

marc_thyssen

• Getbig II
  • DJ & Photographer
« Reply #115 on: September 18, 2007, 05:10:14 PM »
Who cares what a 3rate DJ from Menudo and Liftschlong think? Menudo sounds like he's trying to bang Jelena and Lift loves to debate with anyone.

I want to know where Dina is at for the Olympia.

Keep dreamin' of Dina buddy while using ur right hand,
leave the action to those better qualified

;)
myspace.com/marc_thyssen

Denny Crane

• Getbig II
  • I also date midgets.
« Reply #116 on: September 18, 2007, 05:25:18 PM »

Keep dreamin' of Dina buddy while using ur right hand,
leave the action to those better qualified

;)

May I express a thought? I so rarely get one.

You're a douchebag. I don't do well with douchebags.

The only thing you're qualified for is frosted hair and an update to your wardrobe.

Denny Crane.

marc_thyssen

• Getbig II
  • DJ & Photographer
« Reply #117 on: September 18, 2007, 05:33:22 PM »
May I express a thought? I so rarely get one.

You're a douchebag. I don't do well with douchebags.

The only thing you're qualified for is frosted hair and an update to your wardrobe.

Denny Crane.

I'm sure you do much better having a spank & using a kleenex right? I bet just like thoughts, you so rarely get a woman too.

We were having healthy discussion.
So spare of us of your tragic personal contemplation, and keep enjoying yourself thinkin of Dina & hiding behind a fake account

myspace.com/marc_thyssen

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #118 on: September 18, 2007, 05:37:40 PM »
and then an "actual top ten" which is how it would be judged if everyone was impartial and following the criteria, and if there were no politics.

Given that they aren't on stage, I would love to know how you know the "actual" top 10?  Prep changes for all of these shows.  You shouldn't make your predicitions till you've actually seen them on stage.  It only matters when they are all on the same stage at the same time. 

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: September 18, 2007, 05:42:23 PM »
Given that they aren't on stage, I would love to know how you know the "actual" top 10?  Prep changes for all of these shows.  You shouldn't make your predicitions till you've actually seen them on stage.  It only matters when they are all on the same stage at the same time. 
Agreed but what else are we to talk about when it comes to figure before the Olympia or any show for that matter? Wondering what color suit someone will wear or how they will wear their hair? Wait, maybe they will switch make up artists, oh the drama if THAT happened?  ;D

At least making predictions gets people talking and we all know they don't mean jack.

Marc - when you get done with your childhood banter with "denny" feel free to answer my last post.  ;)

Elevate Your Image.™

Denny Crane

• Getbig II
  • I also date midgets.
« Reply #120 on: September 18, 2007, 05:44:46 PM »

I'm sure you do much better having a spank & using a kleenex right? I bet just like thoughts, you so rarely get a woman too.

So spare of us of your tragic personal contemplation, and keep enjoying yourself thinkin of Dina & hiding behind a fake account

I got the mad cow. And my penis only works on medication.

marc_thyssen

• Getbig II
  • DJ & Photographer
« Reply #121 on: September 18, 2007, 05:50:25 PM »
Agreed but what else are we to talk about when it comes to figure before the Olympia or any show for that matter? Wondering what color suit someone will wear or how they will wear their hair? Wait, maybe they will switch make up artists, oh the drama if THAT happened?  ;D

At least making predictions gets people talking and we all know they don't mean jack.

Marc - when you get done with your childhood banter with "denny" feel free to answer my last post.  ;)

yes, Jelena's arms are bigger and more defined from the back..add to that all i mentioned from the front view
smaller waist, skin tone, shoulders, symmetry, face, suit, composure...

so i still fail to see how just legs and a more defined back can be a let down to 7th, when everything else is better

Indulge me Isaac

myspace.com/marc_thyssen

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: September 18, 2007, 06:25:29 PM »

Valerie Waugaman is the champion.

I assume that Jenny Lynn, Monica Brant, and Amber Littlejohn will be in the running for 2nd place. 

1Fast - Do you have any interest in offering cash prizes directly to the competitors based on your own or fan votes?  I imagine that that was a pretty successful campaign for you before.

FigureRX

• Getbig II
  • FigureRX.com - Everything Figure and Fitness
« Reply #123 on: September 18, 2007, 06:33:05 PM »
I'm sure you know what I mean.  When we make predictions and do previews we study the previous shows and assume that athletes will show up at their best.  Obviously if somebody slips than that changes things.

Claire Parmley

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #124 on: September 18, 2007, 07:09:09 PM »
Thanks Lorie!  I had so much fun with you after the show and stealing bagels in the airport.  Well, not really stealing, we DID pay for them, right?  ;D  You looked great and I can't wait to see you again and hopefully compete with you next year. 

Claire Parmley looked amazing as well.  I was really disappointed she didn't get a better callout.

Julie was fabulous and had a fun routine.  I enjoyed talking to she and her husband, they're great people. 

Congratulations to everyone who qualified for the O and to all the competitors for showing up and doing their best!
Thanks Mandy! 
I totally had a blast hanging out with you and Lorie!  I hate that I won't get to make the fitness road trip with you two for Nationals!   :(
I'll call you tomorrow!
XOXOXOXOXO