Author Topic: Some facts about muslims and the Islam  (Read 6115 times)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: Some facts about muslims and the Islam
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2007, 03:56:44 PM »
Good point about the out of date book. It's very important.

But what's often forgotten, is the question on how to solve the problem. I believe confrontation, aggression, is wrong. Then, you only fuel the fundamentalists more arguments.

Instead, I'd like to see more diplomacy, more economical ties between our cultures, tie them up with us, instigating democracy there.

And stop the fcuking leeching of their natural resources. That will forever create a reason for people in the Middle Eastern region to look for a unifying channel, which Islam is.
thats the problem though hedge islam in its True form is COMPLETELY INCOMPATIBLE with democracy or the western way of life in general. we can try all the diplomacy we want. it wont change them. its NOT gonna happen no matter how hard bush tries.

also islam was a unifying force in the region LONG before oil or any form of western intrusions

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2007, 02:47:24 AM »
thats the problem though hedge islam in its True form is COMPLETELY INCOMPATIBLE with democracy or the western way of life in general. we can try all the diplomacy we want. it wont change them. its NOT gonna happen no matter how hard bush tries.

also islam was a unifying force in the region LONG before oil or any form of western intrusions

This is accurate. Hedges post was flawed.

It's the muslims themselves that is the problem of the oil economy.

In a western democratic country, a vast amount of oil resources would be realised by the people an magnitudes more than it is in the middle east.

The reason it's an issue there is because of the vast amount it provides for very few people and how very little of this wealth trickles down into the general populace.

Of course lefties could argue against this point, but they would be 100% incorrect in doing so.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2007, 05:50:00 AM »

Look, I'm not saying we should give in to Muslims, bend our laws to fit their culture. Of course not.

But it's been proven over and over again that aggression, confrontation, is only going to create more fundamentalist Muslims, and those Muslims who are of less faith, ie more moderate and modern, they will decrease in number.

The right way to go about it is to reach out to democratic and feminist elements in these cultures, small as they may seem. And help them.

But never support the enemy's enemy, if he's un-democratic.

Don't replace a dictator with another one.

Also, there is plenty of research on what will help democracy: organisations, clubs of different sorts (sports, culture, music). Help organise such activities in these countries. That will build the foundation for democracy and equality.

And of course, help re-build or build up their economy without plundering.

I hope Iraq will nationalize all the oil resources, and use them to build up the country again.

Russia has been able to turn around a lot of its economy due to its natural resources.

Norway is maybe the richest country in the world, and they own all their own natural resources.

As empty as paradise

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2007, 05:52:01 AM »
Look, I'm not saying we should give in to Muslims, bend our laws to fit their culture. Of course not.

But it's been proven over and over again that aggression, confrontation, is only going to create more fundamentalist Muslims, and those Muslims who are of less faith, ie more moderate and modern, they will decrease in number.

The right way to go about it is to reach out to democratic and feminist elements in these cultures, small as they may seem. And help them.

But never support the enemy's enemy, if he's un-democratic.

Don't replace a dictator with another one.

Also, there is plenty of research on what will help democracy: organisations, clubs of different sorts (sports, culture, music). Help organise such activities in these countries. That will build the foundation for democracy and equality.

And of course, help re-build or build up their economy without plundering.

I hope Iraq will nationalize all the oil resources, and use them to build up the country again.

Russia has been able to turn around a lot of its economy due to its natural resources.

Norway is maybe the richest country in the world, and they own all their own natural resources.

Norway is an extreme excample... a country I currently have on my relocation radar, we are leaving Ireland next year.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2007, 06:10:15 AM »
You should see the cost of living for my relatives in Norway... fuck me... :o
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2007, 06:11:38 AM »
You should see the cost of living for my relatives in Norway... fuck me... :o

Damn you have relatives in Norway? What the fuk are you still doing in the UK mate?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2007, 06:33:55 AM »
Damn you have relatives in Norway? What the fuk are you still doing in the UK mate?

Job (spend my time between UK and US), plus believe it or not, even the Norsk boys have immigrant problems :'( (but yeah, I'd much prefer to make it my home than the shithole known as Manchester).
الاسلام هو شيطانية