Author Topic: Question for all the mods on here......  (Read 13074 times)

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
Question for all the mods on here......
« on: September 26, 2007, 05:24:25 PM »
How many of you guys actually go to the gym? Not trying to flame anybody but 1 of the mods on here looks to be about 400lbs plus at 50% bodyfat. If you havent seen his pics go to the picture board. He doesnt know anything about gear so why should we listen to him? :-\ Like I said I'm not trying to flame but just stating out the obvious.  ::)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Question for all the mods on here......
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 06:23:23 PM »
Every month or so, this questions arises.  You don't need to play a sport or create a movie, or draw a picture to critic it, or to actually learn a subject. You just have to know your stuff, and mod as fairly as possible.

It is always the childish one that resorts to how you look, or name calling when they can't just learn.  Do you know how someone looked ten years ago? Or are you judging solely by what someone looks today? learn the background of various people.

uckmo

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 06:39:04 PM »
You are correct,you can study and learn and do research to know a subject.but if your this heavy set person that is giving out opinions or fact and you don't even workout then you criticize some one when they say there heavy and want to use roids.There should be no criticism if you a fat person as well.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 07:35:53 PM »
Llewellyn has never done AAS but he's highly knowledgable in the field.

8)

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 07:38:05 PM »
Every month or so, this questions arises.  You don't need to play a sport or create a movie, or draw a picture to critic it, or to actually learn a subject. You just have to know your stuff, and mod as fairly as possible.

It is always the childish one that resorts to how you look, or name calling when they can't just learn.  Do you know how someone looked ten years ago? Or are you judging solely by what someone looks today? learn the background of various people.

The mod doesn't know his stuff. That is my point. The guy look horrible then, and he looks horrible now. I see it is very easy to achieve mod status on here. Sorry for my meltdown Ron

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 08:06:12 PM »
The mod doesn't know his stuff. That is my point. The guy look horrible then, and he looks horrible now. I see it is very easy to achieve mod status on here. Sorry for my meltdown Ron

He looks large. YOur opinion of "Horrible" is just that - yours.
He knows what hes talking about. Fact is theres some different results for everyone.
I dont notice you contribute anything here, but come rip on him.
We all aint born w/ the same frame.
If you got issues w/ Div keep it to that.

RDW

• Getbig III
  • Get Big or Go Home
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 08:07:13 PM »
Of the plethora of boards I have been on in the past 10 years or so this has always been my favourite.  The primary reason behind this is because Ron does a good job of keeping things under control.  Do I disagree with some of the mods from time to time? Sure, but everyone had their own points of view arising from their own experiences.  I don't recall seeing you post on the Hardcore boards sgt.d so I'm not aware of how much knowledge you have.  I do know that Div helps people out a good bit and can't think of any specific time that he said something I didn't agree with.  I don't even know where the members picture board is (I looked for it breifly after this post but couldn't find it) nor do I care.  As Ron mentioned you don't have to be a pro body builder to be a moderator.  You don't even have to be the most educated.  It's more about being on the boards consistantly, having a good demeanor, being helpful when you can, and not getting into petty squabbles as you (sgt.d) seem to enjoy doing (I skimmed through your history).  There are tons of boards on getbig and even if a mod isn't doing a good job (Which I don't think is the case with Div) Ron cannot babysit everyone, I'm sure he chooses his mods based partially on recommendations from others so clearly he has heard/seen good things from those he assigns.  

Anyway, like I said I checked your history and you seem to have a reoccuring pattern of slamming people.  Why? It's okay to disagree but don't belittle people and try to make them look dumb because more often than not it's you who looks foolish.  If you don't agree with something a mod says don't say "So and so doesn't know shit", say "So and so said x and I believe y to be true because of z".  Heresay, blanket generalizations, and whimsical definatives are things that will ruin your reputation on a board like this.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 08:13:07 PM »
He looks large. YOur opinion of "Horrible" is just that - yours.
He knows what hes talking about. Fact is theres some different results for everyone.
I dont notice you contribute anything here, but come rip on him.
We all aint born w/ the same frame.
If you got issues w/ Div keep it to that.

Funny thing is other mods and vets on here don't agree with you. They wont come on here and tell you that though. Mccrackhead and marble knew what they was talking about.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 08:14:54 PM »
Of the plethora of boards I have been on in the past 10 years or so this has always been my favourite.  The primary reason behind this is because Ron does a good job of keeping things under control.  Do I disagree with some of the mods from time to time? Sure, but everyone had their own points of view arising from their own experiences.  I don't recall seeing you post on the Hardcore boards sgt.d so I'm not aware of how much knowledge you have.  I do know that Div helps people out a good bit and can't think of any specific time that he said something I didn't agree with.  I don't even know where the members picture board is (I looked for it breifly after this post but couldn't find it) nor do I care.  As Ron mentioned you don't have to be a pro body builder to be a moderator.  You don't even have to be the most educated.  It's more about being on the boards consistantly, having a good demeanor, being helpful when you can, and not getting into petty squabbles as you (sgt.d) seem to enjoy doing (I skimmed through your history).  There are tons of boards on getbig and even if a mod isn't doing a good job (Which I don't think is the case with Div) Ron cannot babysit everyone, I'm sure he chooses his mods based partially on recommendations from others so clearly he has heard/seen good things from those he assigns.  

Anyway, like I said I checked your history and you seem to have a reoccuring pattern of slamming people.  Why? It's okay to disagree but don't belittle people and try to make them look dumb because more often than not it's you who looks foolish.  If you don't agree with something a mod says don't say "So and so doesn't know shit", say "So and so said x and I believe y to be true because of z".  Heresay, blanket generalizations, and whimsical definatives are things that will ruin your reputation on a board like this.

okay rdw  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=168173.0

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 09:08:06 PM »
How many of you guys actually go to the gym? Not trying to flame anybody but 1 of the mods on here looks to be about 400lbs plus at 50% bodyfat. If you havent seen his pics go to the picture board. He doesnt know anything about gear so why should we listen to him? :-\ Like I said I'm not trying to flame but just stating out the obvious.  ::)

When I first read this thread I was going to remove it because it's retarded IMO. However, since Ron felt it necessary to reply and I agree with what he said, it stands for now...unless some of you start getting insane about your comments.

Funny thing is other mods and vets on here don't agree with you. They wont come on here and tell you that though. Mccrackhead and marble knew what they was talking about.
I disagree with people on here all the time...when that happens I always tell them "hey, I disagree." Do I make a big stink about it? No, what would be the point in that. If we all agreed about everything all the time on here, what would be the point of this board? This board is about giving advice and recommendations as well as helping to support other guys in the same shoes. For those very reasons, people are going to disagree about things said form time to time.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 11:40:33 PM »
Ok arnold I will keep my comments to myself next time.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 04:45:32 AM »
Ok arnold I will keep my comments to myself next time.

Oh - Please, contribute your actual experiences and first-hand observations of the effects of performance enhancing drugs here if you have any.

esp the unusual. But all the petty bullshit that goes on everywhere else just has no place where people are asking serious questions w/ real concerns about theis subject.

As far as your attacks on Div's "Look". Not everyone who uses AAS looks like, or EVEN WANTS TO LOOK LIKE
 a narrow waist  ninja turtle. Fact is you need be born w/ some structure to be a above average BBer.

When you get right down to it -
Whos more usefull, a graceful  BBer or the guy who can easily move  frigerators and wheelbarels full of cement?

Ive worked w/  LOTS of Guys that have very high levels of useful, practicle strength. And Allmost without exception -  The strongest ones have a big gut. 

All these personal attacks are so petty. 

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 07:43:52 AM »
Oh - Please, contribute your actual experiences and first-hand observations of the effects of performance enhancing drugs here if you have any.

esp the unusual. But all the petty bullshit that goes on everywhere else just has no place where people are asking serious questions w/ real concerns about theis subject.

As far as your attacks on Div's "Look". Not everyone who uses AAS looks like, or EVEN WANTS TO LOOK LIKE
 a narrow waist  ninja turtle. Fact is you need be born w/ some structure to be a above average BBer.

When you get right down to it -
Whos more usefull, a graceful  BBer or the guy who can easily move  frigerators and wheelbarels full of cement?

Ive worked w/  LOTS of Guys that have very high levels of useful, practicle strength. And Allmost without exception -  The strongest ones have a big gut. 

All these personal attacks are so petty. 

trab the thing is he never used aas. my work is done here. bye

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 07:45:19 AM »
I believe you can be book smart and teach and not have to actually dabble (so to speak) in what you are teaching.  But I do understand where sgt is coming from.  If you went to a gym and needed a personal trainer and was introduced to one overweight maybe "out of shape" looking pt and one "fit" looking pt (and I don't mean jacked)...you would naturally want to have the "fit" looking pt as your trainer because you would think the overweight person couldn't know shit about getting into shape, and in all honesty...it could actually be that the "fit" looking pt has great genetics and metabolism (and doesn't have to work at such a body) and isn't as knowledgable as the overweight person (who is happy to be as they are, but willing to help others achieve their fitness goals...as many coaches are ;)). 
:D Weee

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 07:51:49 AM »

Prove it.

go ahead and post a picture of yourself so we know who we are dealing with. i'm sure you are big enough to do more than talk shit right? i mean if i was going to call someone out for being fat i'd at least be man enough to show them my own picture. Div is already one up on you in that respect.

i don't give a fuck if he has used AAS or not, he knows what he is talking about.

8)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 07:57:12 AM »
I believe you can be book smart and teach and not have to actually dabble (so to speak) in what you are teaching. 

Sgt. has a personal problem with Div, that is the facts.

Now i believe in what i just quoted from your post. i have a kinesiology degree but 90% of the bodybuilders out there don't agree with what i learned in school but it has been scientificly proven. not a single bodybuilding theory has ever been proven with science, it's all theory.

some of the good looking trainers don't know jack shit from my experience, they use drugs or have a great metabolism. i know fat guys who know more about training and nutrition than most pro bodybuilders, but that isn't saying much.

knowledge is a combination of book smarts and actual experience in that given field. most of the AAS experts who help the pro's have never used AAS but their clients look fantastic.

8)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 08:08:29 AM »
Sgt. has a personal problem with Div, that is the facts.

Now i believe in what i just quoted from your post. i have a kinesiology degree but 90% of the bodybuilders out there don't agree with what i learned in school but it has been scientificly proven. not a single bodybuilding theory has ever been proven with science, it's all theory.

some of the good looking trainers don't know jack shit from my experience, they use drugs or have a great metabolism. i know fat guys who know more about training and nutrition than most pro bodybuilders, but that isn't saying much.

knowledge is a combination of book smarts and actual experience in that given field. most of the AAS experts who help the pro's have never used AAS but their clients look fantastic.

8)
Agreed  ;D

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 08:31:35 AM »
Agreed  ;D

laura...what are you doing here?

i mean, its good to see you here.....welcome...but i think this is the first time ive seen you over here

r u going to the darkside? ;D ???

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2007, 08:39:32 AM »
laura...what are you doing here?

i mean, its good to see you here.....welcome...but i think this is the first time ive seen you over here

r u going to the darkside? ;D ???
Actually I was looking at "Who's online" and I saw this topic (didn't know where it was located until I clicked on it) and checked it out as I am a mod on two other boards and was curious as to what the question was.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2007, 08:55:57 AM »
One of the strongest guys I have ever seen was a big fat guy.  He juiced, ate like a madman but he never had that "bodybuilder" physique.  He did know how to lift.  He taught me the right way to deadlift, bench etc...  This guy would pile on 700lbs and dead lift reps for 3.  Bench 5 plates for reps.  He was an animal, knew his shit but most people would think he was just obese.  Judging a book by its cover is grade school shit.

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2007, 09:34:43 AM »
Funny how people talk shit on a board but never to someones face. Div's a cool dude and has helped a lot of us progress and learn. That is what this lifestyle is about, learning..about yourself, industry, and everything in between....Div has done just that.

Also, its about respect. There are many that respect him and won't stand for some nobody to come on here and rip him...trust that.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2007, 10:20:21 AM »

sgt.d,

With all regards, not only am I lifter but a certified personal trainer as well.

My BF% is in the 20% range because I lift for strength, as a powerlifter I tend to value strength over everything else.......

As far as my knowledge of AAS, I suppose that's up to the interpretation of the individual.

I get alot of IM's from people asking for cycle advice, so I can't be all that bad.

Sounds like you've got some personal issues......

You aren't from that SSB forum are you?    :-X

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2007, 10:27:10 AM »

Do you live w/ him?
Do YOU or Have you ever used AAS?

Fact is I get more "Steroid" comments OFF then when I'm on some Test and bigger and smother.
I tend toward paper thin skin NATURALY.

People are SO STUPID W/ THIS "SPOT THE STEROID USER GAME".

He sure look like he done some Test and Deca in his life to me. He not shy about he likes tren.

The person exhibiting lack of knowledge on the subject is Sgt D.
Prove otherwise or STFU and back to the Ass-clown boards not the AAS board.  ;D

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2007, 10:43:15 AM »
Do you live w/ him?
Do YOU or Have you ever used AAS?

Fact is I get more "Steroid" comments OFF then when I'm on some Test and bigger and smother.
I tend toward paper thin skin NATURALY.

People are SO STUPID W/ THIS "SPOT THE STEROID USER GAME".

He sure look like he done some Test and Deca in his life to me. He not shy about he likes tren.

The person exhibiting lack of knowledge on the subject is Sgt D.
Prove otherwise or STFU and back to the Ass-clown boards not the AAS board.  ;D

haha ok trab. I see div backup has arrived.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2007, 10:46:04 AM »
sgt.d,

With all regards, not only am I lifter but a certified personal trainer as well.

My BF% is in the 20% range because I lift for strength, as a powerlifter I tend to value strength over everything else.......

As far as my knowledge of AAS, I suppose that's up to the interpretation of the individual.

I get alot of IM's from people asking for cycle advice, so I can't be all that bad.

Sounds like you've got some personal issues......

You aren't from that SSB forum are you?    :-X

DIV

I know the truth dude but looks like many people here have gain your trust for some reason.  ::)  Have a nice day