Author Topic: Biggest lie you have ever been told....  (Read 6182 times)

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • "Big arms and delts dont make you a bodybuilder"
Biggest lie you have ever been told....
« on: October 01, 2007, 05:32:11 PM »
By the 50 year old "expert" in your local gym?

Mine would have to be the 5'5" 160lb 50 year old that told me he used to be a "big" boy and  tore his shoulder up going for a 2nd rep with 700 on the flat bench... Priceless.    ;D

Also had a clown say he ran the 40yrd dash in 3.78 seconds in 1962 or some shit, never was a record because they did not time you back then..

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
Re: Biggest lie you have ever been told....
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 05:34:28 PM »
Ive heard some good ones.  A guy I used to work with ran the 40 in 3.1.  Best ever was a guy from college, getting ready to go to  Notre Dame and work with the football team there, had a CSCS, says to me that it is absolutely pointless for a division I football player to squat anymore than 2x bodyweight.

Jason

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 05:36:38 PM »
By the 50 year old "expert" in your local gym?

Mine would have to be the 5'5" 160lb 50 year old that told me he used to be a "big" boy and could tore his shoulder up going for a 2nd rep with 700 on the flat bench... Priceless.    ;D

Also had a clown say he ran the 40yrd dash in 3.78 seconds in 1962 or some shit, never was a record because they did not time you beack then..
hahahahaha, where do these clowns come up with this shit?

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 05:38:39 PM »
I'm in shock and awe at how many guys I meet that try to look good in front of their girls by saying stupid shit like "I used to be all big and jacked like you, but then I had a severe soccer injury and had to give up training"  this coming from guys that are on average 160lbs.  while I'm 250, LOL

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • "Big arms and delts dont make you a bodybuilder"
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 05:38:51 PM »
hahahahaha, where do these clowns come up with this shit?

They must actually believe themselves to tell people this stuff.  I am a true believer of believing your own lies if you tell them enough. These guys are PRIME examples.  

I heard this guy telling these 2 younger kids that there is NEVER a need to go under 15 reps per set.... ::)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 05:40:06 PM »

They must actually believe themselves to tell people this stuff.  I am a true believer of believing your own lies if you tell them enough. These guys are PRIME examples.  

I heard this guy telling these 2 younger kids that there is NEVER a need to go under 15 reps per set.... ::)

hahahaha, all the while banging quarter reps with 135lb. squats.

AllDrugs

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 08:06:25 PM »
Some of the people around here who've told people they don't use gear just makes me shake my head.  Not that it's really THAT big of a deal, it just gives everyone who lifts regularly and passionately a bad name.

I used to have a customer at my old job who claimed to shoulder press 455 for 4 before he had a car wreck that caused brain damage.  He also claimed he ran a 4.3 40 at 240 and that he could squat 800 pounds for reps...

The most irritated I've probably ever been with someone "telling lies" was this pink skinned, 160 pound soaking wet idiot at the Rush here in Knoxville who said, with his girlfriend there, "I'd look like that too if I took as many drugs as he probably does."  He didn't think I could hear him because I had my headphones on.  I asked him why he thought I did drugs.  His response, "You can't look like that without drugs.  Everyone here knows that."  I told him to try working his ass off and eating right sometime.   

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 08:12:08 PM »
I'm in shock and awe at how many guys I meet that try to look good in front of their girls by saying stupid shit like "I used to be all big and jacked like you, but then I had a severe soccer injury and had to give up training"  this coming from guys that are on average 160lbs.  while I'm 250, LOL

AAAAAAAAHAHAH soccer injury. I got a feeling that "injury" happened when he was holding a medacine ball and jumping onto and off of a bench as if thats gonna sharpen his faggy soccer skills. And since its soccer...the injury was prolly faked, and then proceded to dramadically limp to the change room.

The Coach

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 08:13:54 PM »
.........That Jay Cutler won the 2007 Mr. Olympia.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 08:16:39 PM »
There was a guy at Gold's Venice, I swear to fucking god, every time I saw him he said, "Hey Tommy, I'm real close to signing that contract, to fight Tyson!" When he said it, he'd get all hardcore and angry... sort of like Tyson was ducking him.

;D
a

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2007, 08:17:01 PM »
Some of the people around here who've told people they don't use gear just makes me shake my head.  Not that it's really THAT big of a deal, it just gives everyone who lifts regularly and passionately a bad name.

I used to have a customer at my old job who claimed to shoulder press 455 for 4 before he had a car wreck that caused brain damage.  He also claimed he ran a 4.3 40 at 240 and that he could squat 800 pounds for reps...

The most irritated I've probably ever been with someone "telling lies" was this pink skinned, 160 pound soaking wet idiot at the Rush here in Knoxville who said, with his girlfriend there, "I'd look like that too if I took as many drugs as he probably does."  He didn't think I could hear him because I had my headphones on.  I asked him why he thought I did drugs.  His response, "You can't look like that without drugs.  Everyone here knows that."  I told him to try working his ass off and eating right sometime.   
this from a guy named "all drugs" :-\
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

HalloweenMan

• Getbig III
  • Team What The Fuck?!?!?!
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2007, 08:31:51 PM »
this from a guy named "all drugs" :-\

he claimed it the name is sarcastic.  whatever. 
every post he leaves has something about how he doesnt use drugs. 
whatever. 
F

AllDrugs

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2007, 08:39:23 PM »
I thought "all drugs" was pretty funny to read on here when someone put a picture of some amatuer (and most pros, actually).  It's pretty fitting to describe many people, sadly.

Many are "all drugs"....and some have no sense of humor...

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2007, 08:42:06 PM »
I thought "all drugs" was pretty funny to read on here when someone put a picture of some amatuer (and most pros, actually).  It's pretty fitting to describe many people, sadly.

Many are "all drugs"....and some have no sense of humor...
in this world, you name yourself "alldrugs".........well, what do you expect....

I bet you are ALLDRUGS!! ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2007, 08:48:31 PM »
Ok guys, lets here the biggest lie you ever called bullshit on and embarrased the story teller. I know Squadfather probably has some good ones.
shotgun on the team

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2007, 09:10:10 PM »
Has to be that Locket guy from MD that won the jr-nationals. No drugs whatsoever, 3 meals a day. Protein intake less then the fitness competitors. He goes on and on. Anybody here know who I'm talking about. BS to the point where you want to puke

Campeon Del Mundo

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2007, 09:20:36 PM »
"Black bananas are best"     -- My mother

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2007, 09:22:12 PM »
"Black bananas are best"     -- My mother
your mom wants you to bang blacks :-X :-\
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Stavios

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2007, 09:24:35 PM »
oh boy don't get me started on that......  :-\

just in my gym there is 25 mr.canadas and 10 other guys that competed against arnold  ::)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2007, 02:59:56 AM »
Has to be that Locket guy from MD that won the jr-nationals. No drugs whatsoever, 3 meals a day. Protein intake less then the fitness competitors. He goes on and on. Anybody here know who I'm talking about. BS to the point where you want to puke
:D this was one of my favs also.,...the biggest lie is the industry itself who markets bodies built on hormones and roids to sell supplements and cheats and lies about everything from what's inside the box, to what it does ( nothing  :-\ ) to what u get from using it ( nada  :-\ )

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2007, 03:31:16 AM »
:D this was one of my favs also.,...the biggest lie is the industry itself who markets bodies built on hormones and roids to sell supplements and cheats and lies about everything from what's inside the box, to what it does ( nothing  :-\ ) to what u get from using it ( nada  :-\ )

hahahaha yes, buying and eating 20 dbols a day with no results must have sucked, sevastase.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2007, 06:13:32 AM »
When a pro bbdr says "I only take 2 shots of winstrol ea week"....yet they have a 265lb chiseled physique.  ::)  ::)  ::)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2007, 08:03:35 AM »
There was a guy at Gold's Venice, I swear to fucking god, every time I saw him he said, "Hey Tommy, I'm real close to signing that contract, to fight Tyson!" When he said it, he'd get all hardcore and angry... sort of like Tyson was ducking him.

;D
hahahahahahaaaa.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2007, 09:10:14 AM »
Overheard at a bbq:
"My wife and I don't feel sex is very important."  ::)

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2007, 09:12:41 AM »
There is a mod on the steroid board that tells people they are too fat to use gear but he is over 40%bf hahaahahahaahahaha where do these clowns come from.