Author Topic: Wolf's low placement, perhaps the biggest Olypmia robbery ever?  (Read 6043 times)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Wolf's low placement, perhaps the biggest Olypmia robbery ever?
« on: October 02, 2007, 05:19:01 PM »
Bigger than the '85 Mr. O? When Arnold came back after like 5 years and beat Mike Menzter..

Bigger than Franco Colombo(with not legs) beating a perfect Danny Padilla and a better Platz?

Bigger than Dorian beating a number of candidates in the 90's.. '97 being the year when Nasser was robbed blind.

2007 Mr. Olympia was the biggest screw job ever.. Wolf was Mr. Olympia outright..

He had size, proportion, a pleasing look.. Even people like Crotch could appreciate a freak like Wolf.

I am digusted... I found out the results yesterday and seeing the pictures and all, to me it was just another blow to the IFBB. I mean who in their right state would  pick Jay over Wolf? And if you fucking dare, then please explain with pictures for comparisons..

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
Re: Wolf's low placement, perhaps the biggest Olypmia robbery ever?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 05:26:41 PM »

i don't dare . . .  :-[

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 05:30:54 PM »
Bigger than the '85 Mr. O? When Arnold came back after like 5 years and beat Mike Menzter..

Bigger than Franco Colombo(with not legs) beating a perfect Danny Padilla and a better Platz?

Bigger than Dorian beating a number of candidates in the 90's.. '97 being the year when Nasser was robbed blind.

2007 Mr. Olympia was the biggest screw job ever.. Wolf was Mr. Olympia outright..

He had size, proportion, a pleasing look.. Even people like Crotch could appreciate a freak like Wolf.

I am digusted... I found out the results yesterday and seeing the pictures and all, to me it was just another blow to the IFBB. I mean who in their right state would  pick Jay over Wolf? And if you fucking dare, then please explain with pictures for comparisons..

Wolf doesn't have great proportion , see his calves to his quads and his forearms to his biceps/triceps and couple that with a long torso , however he does have great symmetry in the context of great clavicle width , naturally small waist & hips and small joints , but he has glaring flaws , does he have a aesthetically pleasing physique ? yes great proportion? NO was he going to win the entire show? NO he will with improvements but his place is pretty fair he could have placed ahead of Ronnie.

genrommel74

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 05:32:08 PM »
Dude i was there and wolf looked amazing, and during the pose down he never left jays side and went pose for pose with him, and jay beat him on just about every pose. Dont get me wrong i love wolf, but he did not deserve to win the show(Next year will be a different story). Wolf should have placed one spot higher, and come in fourth

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 05:38:03 PM »
Wolf got screwed.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 05:39:52 PM »
Wolf got robbed, period.  >:(
Ron: "I am lazy."

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 05:40:29 PM »
Wolf doesn't have great proportion , see his calves to his quads and his forearms to his biceps/triceps and couple that with a long torso , however he does have great symmetry in the context of great clavicle width , naturally small waist & hips and small joints , but he has glaring flaws , does he have a aesthetically pleasing physique ? yes great proportion? NO was he going to win the entire show? NO he will with improvements but his place is pretty fair he could have placed ahead of Ronnie.

Oh brother...

Same old story of calves and forearms.. Calves are not an important bodypart, and his forarms are quite decent.

Didn't you say Dorian had better overall arms than Ronnie just because he had forarms more in proportion to his armsize? Of course you also said Dorian should have beaten a host of others(Ray), despite a torn bicep. Which you claimed was not even relevant because it didn't effect his mandatory poses.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 05:44:17 PM »
Dude i was there and wolf looked amazing, and during the pose down he never left jays side and went pose for pose with him, and jay beat him on just about every pose. Dont get me wrong i love wolf, but he did not deserve to win the show(Next year will be a different story). Wolf should have placed one spot higher, and come in fourth

In your humble opinion, or the Judge's?  ::)

Perhaps Hulkster is sulking atm, but I want his presence.. Maybe he can find a new sac to chew on and keep ND at bay at the same time? We can only wish.

genrommel74

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2007, 05:47:33 PM »
In your humble opinion, or the Judge's?  ::)

BOth

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 05:48:38 PM »
Oh brother...

Same old story of calves and forearms.. Calves are not an important bodypart, and his forarms are quite decent.

Didn't you say Dorian had better overall arms than Ronnie just because he had forarms more in proportion to his armsize? Of course you also said Dorian should have beaten a host of others(Ray), despite a torn bicep. Which you claimed was not even relevant because it didn't effect his mandatory poses.

Oh no why would calves be important ? its not like they can be seen in every single pose from every single angle  ::) ontop of having poor proportion in relation to his quads his calves lack diamond shape and great development thats strike number one

His forearms are good but are they proportionate in relation to his biceps/triceps? especially when viewed in the front & rear double biceps shots? NO thats strike two

His long torso this can be a liability and it is for Wolf at the stage in the game he lacks enough back thickness especially in the lower & middle back for his massive frame this is strike three

Now let me add if he can minimize these flaws he will be Mr Olympia but he wasn't winning this show .

I said absolutely Dorian has better balance through his arms than Ronnie which is true and trust me when I tell you Shawn Ray was NEVER going to beat Dorian , just like he wasn't beating Lee Haney he was 205 pounds he wasn't competing with Yates , he was never in danger of beating Yates he was an excellent bodybuilder who despite his size & stature did very well for himself in bodybuilding , Shawn in 1994 was lucky to beat Kevin Levrone never mind Dorian Yates second/third were close FIRST wasn't

and further more the IFBB judges said Dorian's torn biceps made NO OVERALL difference to his physique and it did only hurt his front double biceps shot , the other poses it didn't effect .

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2007, 05:50:20 PM »
Oh no why would calves be important ? its not like they can be seen in every single pose from every single angle  ::) ontop of having poor proportion in relation to his quads his calves lack diamond shape and great development thats strike number one

His forearms are good but are they proportionate in relation to his biceps/triceps? especially when viewed in the front & rear double biceps shots? NO thats strike two

His long torso this can be a liability and it is for Wolf at the stage in the game he lacks enough back thickness especially in the lower & middle back for his massive frame this is strike three

Now let me add if he can minimize these flaws he will be Mr Olympia but he wasn't winning this show .

I said absolutely Dorian has better balance through his arms than Ronnie which is true and trust me when I tell you Shawn Ray was NEVER going to beat Dorian , just like he wasn't beating Lee Haney he was 205 pounds he wasn't competing with Yates , he was never in danger of beating Yates he was an excellent bodybuilder who despite his size & stature did very well for himself in bodybuilding , Shawn in 1994 was lucky to beat Kevin Levrone never mind Dorian Yates second/third were close FIRST wasn't

and further more the IFBB judges said Dorian's torn biceps made NO OVERALL difference to his physique and it did only hurt his front double biceps shot , the other poses it didn't effect .

this meltdown's special, b/c it's Narcdeity's 2500th.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2007, 05:52:14 PM »
this meltdown's special, b/c it's Narcdeity's 2500th.

Oh thanks for acknowledging you can't argue to the contrary !  ;)

genrommel74

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2007, 05:53:15 PM »

I agree

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2007, 05:53:32 PM »

Wolf's tight midsection more than makes up for his mediocre calves and forearms.

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2007, 05:56:13 PM »
Dennis Wolf has the BEST physique on the planet.

There is no such thing as a PERFECT physique.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2007, 05:58:08 PM »
Wolf's tight midsection more than makes up for his mediocre calves and forearms.

According to who? you? those are relatively minor but they can separate a winner from a loser , his biggest liability is not enough size in his back for his large frame , if contests were judges solely on aesthetics Wolf would be a multiple Mr Olympia , however they're not .

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2007, 05:59:18 PM »
Dennis Wolf has the BEST physique on the planet.

There is no such thing as a PERFECT physique.

The best physique on the planet? lol no there is no much thing as a ' perfect ' physique but he has flaws that are keeping him from winning it all !

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2007, 06:01:13 PM »
According to who? you? those are relatively minor but they can separate a winner from a loser , his biggest liability is not enough size in his back for his large frame , if contests were judges solely on aesthetics Wolf would be a multiple Mr Olympia , however they're not .
Your long answers make me smile  ;D

But I like Wolf more than Cutler still.

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2007, 06:02:35 PM »
The best physique on the planet? lol no there is no much thing as a ' perfect ' physique but he has flaws that are keeping him from winning it all !

ND, who has the best physique?  You can't possibly approve of that mess that Cutler displayed at the Olympia.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2007, 06:02:41 PM »

Are you sure you're looking at the same photo as the rest of us?

Because he doesn't have a blocky physique, he shouldn't be given consideration for the Olympia title??

Are you guys serious?!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2007, 06:03:06 PM »
Your long answers make me smile  ;D

But I like Wolf more than Cutler still.

I like Wolf's physique more than Cutlers absolutely but that doesn't mean he beat Jay , I feel his placing was good he could have absolutely replaced Ronnie in forth but he wasn't winning that whole show.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2007, 06:05:53 PM »
ND, who has the best physique?  You can't possibly approve of that mess that Cutler displayed at the Olympia.

I think that Victor could have beat Jay I wouldn't have batted an eyelash ! does Wolf has a more pleasing physique from an aesthetics standpoint? yes absolutely does that mean he should win? Cutler doesn't win because he's aesthetic he wins for the same reason Ronnie won he is the biggest and ( not at this contest ) best conditioned at that weight

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2007, 06:06:57 PM »
I like Wolf's physique more than Cutlers absolutely but that doesn't mean he beat Jay , I feel his placing was good he could have absolutely replaced Ronnie in forth but he wasn't winning that whole show.
Well Jay won and thats all that matters really. SO he actually is the better man. Sadly.

Jay is quite a beast.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2007, 06:08:43 PM »
Are you sure you're looking at the same photo as the rest of us?

Because he doesn't have a blocky physique, he shouldn't be given consideration for the Olympia title??

Are you guys serious?!

He should be considered for the Olympia when he works on his flaws , the calves and proportion are minor compared to his back and his conditioning and with a great structure he looks big but he needs a tad more size

Jay doesn't win because he looks like Wolf , Jay wins because he;s the biggest and relatively speaking best conditioned and he has good balance & proportion .

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2007, 06:11:51 PM »
Well Jay won and thats all that matters really. SO he actually is the better man. Sadly.

Jay is quite a beast.

Well there is criteria and Jay meet it better than his fellow competitors ! what wins contest these days is who is the biggest and best condition , everything else is secondary however but they can come into play depending on how close a contest is

I watched the Olympia and I thought it was between Jay & Victor it could have went either way and they choose Jay , I wouldn't have complained if Jay was second .