Author Topic: best front lat spread of all time  (Read 139668 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: best front lat spread of all time
« Reply #600 on: August 30, 2009, 05:55:24 AM »
yeah.

it just goes to show you these nuthuggers are just as clueless at the event as they are online.

I guess if you don't know the sport, you don't know the sport. period.

newsflash: everyone else who was at the show said Ronnie crushed flex.

hope this helps.

::)

hahahahaha here we go trying to speak for ' everyone ' and rewrite history a deserving winner no doubts in a close contest

and Shawn Ray didn't get the memo

Ronnie Coleman was the most improved bodybuilder , and they should have an award for that but it SHOULDN'T be the overall title. Ronnie Coleman won the Mr Olympia for making the most improvement.

Ronnie does NOT have the complete physique. He has a certain degree of shape and detail but , let's be honest , he has a lot of weaknesses : calves , hamstrings , midsection. He has flaws on his physique that you just can't find on my physique or Flex Wheeler's physique.

Did they even count the posing routine? Ronnie Coleman is never going to be remembered for a posing routine.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #601 on: August 30, 2009, 05:58:04 AM »
there you are with (bitter in this case) quotes again.

when the fuck  are you going to learn? ::)

ronnie was so much better than shawn at that show he never he got a comparison with him..

LOL

you fail to understand the problem of opinions influenced by other factors with human beings.

the camera has no such influences..

you still don't get it do you? ::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #602 on: August 30, 2009, 06:00:08 AM »

ps ronnie agrees too - he said he was in better shape than 98 at his 99 victory seminar..

since you and the head bitch seem to love quotes so much..

That's was in 1999 right after the contest everyone says they're at their best , that statement been amended many times already 

Q ] There are those who feel you were at your best when you competed lighter, which for you was in the low 270's, and those who say you were best in the 290's. Was there a particular look you presented that you preferred over the others?
dot

Number one. That one was incredible to me. It (Ronnie's first Olympia win in 1998) always will be and nothing will ever take the place of that one. Everything was just spot on for that show. I had to overcome so much to win that one too.

I had guys in front of me who had beaten me for the last ten years or so. Nobody picked me to go in and win that show because I had gotten ninth the year before. I had to come with an incredible package and blow all the judges away and that's what I pretty much did

Everything was just spot-on

PBW: Ronnie what was your best Olympia?

Ronnie Coleman : I would say my first because my conditioning was spot-on

Nice try though kid but these were both after 1999 in fact well after

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #603 on: August 30, 2009, 06:01:51 AM »
Yeah, but Ronnie's opinion doesn't count for sh*t, remember?  ::)

No it doesn't count for shit when he says Dorian would beat him lol when he needs it to work for him it's LAW  ::)

Hulkster = hypocrite

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #604 on: August 30, 2009, 06:03:44 AM »
That's was in 1999 right after the contest everyone says they're at their best , that statement been amended many times already 

no, you can't amend a statement. it is there and stated forever.

all you can do is try and refute it with evidence.

oh thats right, all the pics and videos prove that statement 100 times over..

Flower Boy Ran Away

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #605 on: August 30, 2009, 06:06:07 AM »
hahahahaha here we go trying to speak for ' everyone ' and rewrite history a deserving winner no doubts in a close contest

and Shawn Ray didn't get the memo

Ronnie Coleman was the most improved bodybuilder , and they should have an award for that but it SHOULDN'T be the overall title. Ronnie Coleman won the Mr Olympia for making the most improvement.

Ronnie does NOT have the complete physique. He has a certain degree of shape and detail but , let's be honest , he has a lot of weaknesses : calves , hamstrings , midsection. He has flaws on his physique that you just can't find on my physique or Flex Wheeler's physique.  On side note, Ronnie's penchant for making a spectacle of himself was totally off putting.  Year after year, he did this, which in my view became very disrespectful towards the second place winner.  Once ok, but repeatedly?  That's just being an attention whore.

Did they even count the posing routine? Ronnie Coleman is never going to be remembered for a posing routine.

Precisely.  And for all of Huckster's carping about 1999  being far and away greater than 1998, I seem to recall Flex Wheeler turning his back in disgust at taking second to Ronnie.  Funny, he never ever showed such contempt when he lost to Dorian.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #606 on: August 30, 2009, 06:08:33 AM »
of course not. he was a rookie in 93, and in 98/99 he was expected to win the O.

he failed miserably and he freaked out.

Flex has often stated in MD that Ronnie is the best bb ever, the best Mr. O ever, and unbeatable at his best.

as flex found out the hard way in 1999...
Flower Boy Ran Away

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #607 on: August 30, 2009, 06:11:41 AM »
of course not. he was a rookie in 93, and in 98/99 he was expected to win the O.

he failed miserably and he freaked out.

Flex has often stated in MD that Ronnie is the best bb ever, the best Mr. O ever, and unbeatable at his best.

as flex found out the hard way in 1999...

Of course, Flex was expected to win in 98/99, Dorian was gone and no one viewed Ronnie as being remotely on the same level (even after his first win), because he wasn't.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #608 on: August 30, 2009, 06:14:16 AM »
your right. he was far above that level.

from bb.com 98 Olympia report:

remember being in shock when Ronnie entered the stage for the first time and I don't think I was the only one. What an improvement he had made in a year. I bet Dorian was thinking, "It's a good thing I retired before this year's competition."

you morons play the quotes game and it can bite you in the ass.
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #609 on: August 30, 2009, 06:16:38 AM »
now your finally getting it.

you morons cant seem to figure out that quotes mean nothing, especially when they are not only contradicted by other quotes, they are contradicted by real life visuals.

thank you.

now you might realize that talk is bullshit unless it is corroborated by the pics and videos.

as Ronnie 99>98 certainly IS.

real life visuals led you to the conclusion Dorian lost the 1993 Olympia LMFAO and Ronnie has more detailed calves than Dorian and Ronnie was grainier than Dorian , and Dennis Wolf is blocky , and Dorian lost every single one of his Olympia titles , you're an idiot who knows NOTHING you see what you want

Joe Weider - IFBB Co-Founder

"Many experts, including reigning Mr.Olympia, Jay Cutler, believe that at his best Ronnie has the greatest physique of all-time. When looking at pictures of Ronnie from the 1998 Mr.Olympia, I find it hard to argue with that."

where is 1999?

Raymond Cassar - Muscletime Editor and Photographer

"There is no one alive that can beat Ronnie Coleman when he is at his best - No One! (and his best for me was when he won the 2001 Arnold Classic)"

where is 1999?

Team Flex - http://www.flexonline.com/training/49

"We've said before that the 245 pounds or so physique with which [Ronnie Coleman] won the 2001 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic is the best ever - unbeatable."

Where is 1999?

Flex Magazine March 2009

Tales from Columbus

2001 (2): Is Chris Cormier unlucky? Are Bob Cicherillo's threads so loud that he's being sponsored by a megaphone company? At the 2001 Arnold Classic, for the only time in its history, the reigning Mr. Olympia entered the contest. Not only that, but said Mr. Olympia, Ronnie Coleman, was in the best shape of his career, before or since. Now that is bad luck.

Where is 1999?

Flex Magazine March 2008

2001 Then-reigning Mr. Olympia Ronnie Coleman, in the shape of his life at 245 pounds, took this one, with Cormier gaining the second of his six consecutive runner-up positions.

Where is 1999?

Q ] There are those who feel you were at your best when you competed lighter, which for you was in the low 270's, and those who say you were best in the 290's. Was there a particular look you presented that you preferred over the others?
dot

Number one. That one was incredible to me. It (Ronnie's first Olympia win in 1998) always will be and nothing will ever take the place of that one. Everything was just spot on for that show. I had to overcome so much to win that one too.

Where is 1999?

Flex Magazine August 2003

Jim Schmatltz on Ronnie chances of winning six Olympias in a row

if he repeats his 2001 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic form, he'll experience the joy of six.

Where is 1999?

Shawn Perine Ironage Dec 11, 2004

As much as I love Haney and my IA champs, I think Ronnie circa '98 or at the 2001 Arnold is pretty much untouchable. Except by Dorian Yates 6 weeks out from the '93 O as photographed by our own KMH. Both men, on those specific occasions carried so much dry muscle mass in good proportion and with good lines that it's almost unfair to compare them to others.

Where is 1999?

While I’m on record as saying that the best physique I ever saw was Ronnie’s at the 2001 Arnold, he was never drier or harder than Dorian.

Where is 1999?

review of mr. olympia 1999, january 2000, page  90:

257 pounds, a good seven pounds heavier than last year and the clear winner, ALTHOUGH NOT AS BONE DRY OR AS ROCK HARD IN 98.  In comparison to 98, his thighs are enourmous with a greater sweep and his front delts have improved; plus the pec anomaly (gyno) is no longer present.

Where is 1999?

Quote Peter McGough Flex Magazine Jan 2001

RONNIE COLEMAN : ( 264lbs As big as a house , but holding water. In '98 , he was shredded and bone dry at 250 pounds. Last year ( 1999 ) he was 257 pounds but NOT as sharp as '98. This year ( 2000 ) at 264 pounds , he's not as sharp as 99 , which would seem to say that Ronnie is better at a lighter weight .

Where is 1999?

Peter McGough Flex Magazine August 2005

Personally, the best physique I ever saw onstage (there was a contender for best-ever that I saw offstage: those crazy photos of sock-footed Dorian Yates taken seven weeks before the 1993 Mr. Olympia) was Ronnie's at the 2001 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic

Where is 1999?

NO ONE feels 1999 is his best except ignorant fan-boys the experts and Ronnie HIMSELF have spoken shut the fuck up with 1999 already . strop trying to rewrite history fan-boy

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #610 on: August 30, 2009, 06:19:14 AM »

Is that the same BB.com that said Ronnie lost the 2002 Olympia?  Do you accept their word as the gospel, then?  What was that about quotes biting someone in the ass?  ::)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #611 on: August 30, 2009, 06:20:45 AM »
your still not getting it ::)

all the quotes I support are corroborated by visual evidence.

I don't blindly support quotes that are disproven by everything like you both do..

because they are nothing but bullshit, as the evidence shows quite clearly..

Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #612 on: August 30, 2009, 06:20:52 AM »
Is that the same BB.com that said Ronnie lost the 2002 Olympia?  Do you accept their word as the gospel, then?  What was that about quotes biting someone in the ass?  ::)

Hulkster = owned  ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #613 on: August 30, 2009, 06:24:24 AM »
your still not getting it ::)

all the quotes I support are corroborated by visual evidence.

I don't blindly support quotes that are disproven by everything like you both do..

because they are nothing but bullshit, as the evidence shows quite clearly..

because NONE of those people were there live & in person , more beyond retarded logic from getBig's resident moron

again YOU see what you want stop claiming the contrary . you post a pic of 99 and 01 I see 99 getting destroyed by 01 , I have a wealth of quotes to back me up what the fuck do you have? NOTHING

what is the probability every single one of those people are wrong? and you the guy who doesn;t even know what constitutes great conditioning and balance and how contests are judged is right?  ;D

Where is 1999?  ???

BuffD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #614 on: August 30, 2009, 06:24:51 AM »
yeah.

it just goes to show you these nuthuggers are just as clueless at the event as they are online.

I guess if you don't know the sport, you don't know the sport. period.

newsflash: everyone else who was at the show said Ronnie crushed flex.

hope this helps.

Really?  You spoke to EVERYONE there? Amazing really.  I guarantee you 90% of the people there didn't think Ronnie crushed Flex.  You are such a clueless schmoe.  No one is saying Ronnie didn't deserve to win but he didn't crush Flex.  Why is it that you have to make your love interest out to be this all out dominating force of nature when in reality he's just a great bodybuilder who managed to win 8 Mr O's (and got lucky on a few).  Give it up man.  Most people know 98 was close and Ronnie winning was fine with everyone.

BuffD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #615 on: August 30, 2009, 06:28:13 AM »
real life visuals led you to the conclusion Dorian lost the 1993 Olympia LMFAO and Ronnie has more detailed calves than Dorian and Ronnie was grainier than Dorian , and Dennis Wolf is blocky , and Dorian lost every single one of his Olympia titles , you're an idiot who knows NOTHING you see what you want

Joe Weider - IFBB Co-Founder

"Many experts, including reigning Mr.Olympia, Jay Cutler, believe that at his best Ronnie has the greatest physique of all-time. When looking at pictures of Ronnie from the 1998 Mr.Olympia, I find it hard to argue with that."

where is 1999?

Raymond Cassar - Muscletime Editor and Photographer

"There is no one alive that can beat Ronnie Coleman when he is at his best - No One! (and his best for me was when he won the 2001 Arnold Classic)"

where is 1999?

Team Flex - http://www.flexonline.com/training/49

"We've said before that the 245 pounds or so physique with which [Ronnie Coleman] won the 2001 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic is the best ever - unbeatable."

Where is 1999?

Flex Magazine March 2009

Tales from Columbus

2001 (2): Is Chris Cormier unlucky? Are Bob Cicherillo's threads so loud that he's being sponsored by a megaphone company? At the 2001 Arnold Classic, for the only time in its history, the reigning Mr. Olympia entered the contest. Not only that, but said Mr. Olympia, Ronnie Coleman, was in the best shape of his career, before or since. Now that is bad luck.

Where is 1999?

Flex Magazine March 2008

2001 Then-reigning Mr. Olympia Ronnie Coleman, in the shape of his life at 245 pounds, took this one, with Cormier gaining the second of his six consecutive runner-up positions.

Where is 1999?

dot

Where is 1999?

Flex Magazine August 2003

Jim Schmatltz on Ronnie chances of winning six Olympias in a row

if he repeats his 2001 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic form, he'll experience the joy of six.

Where is 1999?

Shawn Perine Ironage Dec 11, 2004

As much as I love Haney and my IA champs, I think Ronnie circa '98 or at the 2001 Arnold is pretty much untouchable. Except by Dorian Yates 6 weeks out from the '93 O as photographed by our own KMH. Both men, on those specific occasions carried so much dry muscle mass in good proportion and with good lines that it's almost unfair to compare them to others.

Where is 1999?

While I’m on record as saying that the best physique I ever saw was Ronnie’s at the 2001 Arnold, he was never drier or harder than Dorian.

Where is 1999?

review of mr. olympia 1999, january 2000, page  90:

257 pounds, a good seven pounds heavier than last year and the clear winner, ALTHOUGH NOT AS BONE DRY OR AS ROCK HARD IN 98.  In comparison to 98, his thighs are enourmous with a greater sweep and his front delts have improved; plus the pec anomaly (gyno) is no longer present.

Where is 1999?

Quote Peter McGough Flex Magazine Jan 2001

RONNIE COLEMAN : ( 264lbs As big as a house , but holding water. In '98 , he was shredded and bone dry at 250 pounds. Last year ( 1999 ) he was 257 pounds but NOT as sharp as '98. This year ( 2000 ) at 264 pounds , he's not as sharp as 99 , which would seem to say that Ronnie is better at a lighter weight .

Where is 1999?

Peter McGough Flex Magazine August 2005

Personally, the best physique I ever saw onstage (there was a contender for best-ever that I saw offstage: those crazy photos of sock-footed Dorian Yates taken seven weeks before the 1993 Mr. Olympia) was Ronnie's at the 2001 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic

Where is 1999?

NO ONE feels 1999 is his best except ignorant fan-boys the experts and Ronnie HIMSELF have spoken shut the fuck up with 1999 already . strop trying to rewrite history fan-boy

Give it up dude.  Quotes only matter to him when they agree with him.  He'll never get it. 

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #616 on: August 30, 2009, 06:30:42 AM »

wow bodybuilding.com  was speculating on what Dorian was thinking of LMFAO you offer this up as what? proof that he would lose?

Quote from Julian Schmidt, "FLEX" magazine, on the November issue, 1998:

"Now that Dorian Yates, the thickest, densest and most annealed bodybuider in history has retired, Ronnie has taken the opportunity to become the new stndard-bearer. Something unlikely to have happened, if Dorian still competed."

You have nothing for me  ;D

Special Ed : Ronnie of Dorian competed in 1998 would you have smoked him?

Ronnie Coleman : NO I think he would have kept on winning as long as he competed I don't think he would have lost.

Ronnie Coleman at what HE considers his best Olympia showing admitting he wouldn't beat Dorian , how does a quote from bodybuilding.com negate this? how ? this is the man in question ! you can't answer this

You fucking have ZERO for me stupid , I beat you using your own hero , keep crying it's all you have left

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #617 on: August 30, 2009, 07:21:01 AM »
Give it up dude.  Quotes only matter to him when they agree with him.  He'll never get it. 

I agree he'll never get it but it's fun watching him contradict all the experts who were at all the shows

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #618 on: August 30, 2009, 07:30:42 AM »
now your finally getting it.

you morons cant seem to figure out that quotes mean nothing, especially when they are not only contradicted by other quotes, they are contradicted by real life visuals.

thank you.

now you might realize that talk is bullshit unless it is corroborated by the pics and videos.

as Ronnie 99>98 certainly IS.

you are from canada

so

you do not count

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #619 on: August 30, 2009, 08:02:21 AM »
Really?  You spoke to EVERYONE there? Amazing really.  I guarantee you 90% of the people there didn't think Ronnie crushed Flex.  You are such a clueless schmoe.  No one is saying Ronnie didn't deserve to win but he didn't crush Flex.  Why is it that you have to make your love interest out to be this all out dominating force of nature when in reality he's just a great bodybuilder who managed to win 8 Mr O's (and got lucky on a few).  Give it up man.  Most people know 98 was close and Ronnie winning was fine with everyone.

I like it, I like it a lot.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #620 on: August 30, 2009, 08:06:29 AM »

1998 Mr. Olympia: Ronnie over Flex by 3 points.  Huckster deems this a crushing victory.
2002 SOS: Gunter defeats Ronnie by a whopping 20 points!

Simple math dictates that the 1998 Olympia, although a just victory, was closeThe 2002 SOS, not so close.  According to Huckster's own logic, Gunter wiped Ronnie off the map!

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #621 on: August 30, 2009, 09:12:15 AM »
In 1999 did Ronnie not receive perfect scores against Flex Wheeler?  Yes he did.  I believe the reason Wheeler turned his back on stage was because he realized that he would never be Mr.O.  Flex's thinking was that 98 was a fluke, he showed up even better in 99 and still lost to Ronnie.  99 was now or never for Flex, and he didnt get it done.  So right there on stage he realized he would never be Mr. O, he could never bring a better physique and would have to settle for second. 

The only reason it was close in 98 was because Ronnie received a score of 17 in the first round which he should have not received. Even Nasser received an 11 in the first round, which I think we can all agree he wasnt even close to Ronnie or Wheeler.  It usually takes time for judges to acknowledge the emergence of and arrival of bodybuilders, and this was no exception in Ronnies case.  He had to work his way up the ranks.  Ronnies glutes, hamstrings, lower back and back width cleary beat Wheeler.  From the front they were close to being even.  And Wheeler looked great in the back double bicep, but he had no lower back or glutes to complete it. Ronnie did. Ronnie killed him front the back and from the sides.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #622 on: August 30, 2009, 10:34:32 AM »
no shit.

explaining simple facts about how the sport works is lost on these morons.. ::)

Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #623 on: August 30, 2009, 10:35:42 AM »

wrong. I agree with quotes that are corroborated by real proof. not disproven by everything.

something you morons need to learn to do.

Flower Boy Ran Away

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #624 on: August 30, 2009, 10:43:20 AM »
wrong. I agree with quotes that are corroborated by real proof suit my biased agenda. proven by nothing.
something other more intelligent posters know already.