Author Topic: help me with my chest  (Read 3114 times)

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
Re: help me with my chest
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2007, 04:42:55 PM »
You might miss out on your outer chest by not going low enough with the DBs/BB. Just a thought. Also Dips help, do them with your legs raised behind you, not straight down.

triple_h

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2007, 11:59:31 AM »
slave boy and cap... plz cool down bros,, its nice to see that u all are here to guide us KIDS but we dont want u all gr8 experienced people to end up flaming .. but i really appreciate ur both help... thanks a million ..

guide me in back ,shoulder development too i have got thickness  and good upper back (looks like a angry COBRA snake) but want that  V tapering  in my lower  lats..
now i do..
1-front pulldowns or sometimes chin ups x3
2-t bar x3
3-barbell rowsx2
4-close grip (mac) x2

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2007, 01:30:38 PM »
Larry Scott offers some work on lower lat training in one of his newsletters. The descriptions and pictures will do a much better job explaining the exercises than I can from limited memory.
I don’t have the specific article handy, but I will refer you to CAP, one of our resident LS devotees. He could probably find it faster than I can.

You can also search for it yourself through the newsletter section on Larry’s website. You would do well to sift through these if you are in search of additional info and tips from the experiences of the first Mr. “O.”

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2007, 03:03:51 PM »
Larry had some great ideas on training and even had his own line of 10-12 different benches and machine handles that he felt hit the muscles in different parts, he always said that the real beauty of the muscle lies in building the LOWER part of the muscle, he had a special pulldown handle with the bends in the bar turned upwards which he felt hit the lower meaty part of the lats.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2007, 03:46:41 PM »
slave boy and cap... plz cool down bros,, its nice to see that u all are here to guide us KIDS but we dont want u all gr8 experienced people to end up flaming .. but i really appreciate ur both help... thanks a million ..

guide me in back ,shoulder development too i have got thickness  and good upper back (looks like a angry COBRA snake) but want that  V tapering  in my lower  lats..
now i do..
1-front pulldowns or sometimes chin ups x3
2-t bar x3
3-barbell rowsx2
4-close grip (mac) x2

To work your lower lats to your full potential I would say any underhand row and pulldown and pulley rows are good.  As far as delts, I work with mainly power moves now.  Military press, cleans, high pulls, clean and press.  Those can pack some good mass on there.  As far as Larry Scott ideas, you might check my sticky on the Training Log board. 

Don't worry, me and slaveboy have a difference of opinion but I think it is best kept out of your thread.  Good luck.
Squishy face retard

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2007, 03:57:38 PM »
Larry had some great ideas on training and even had his own line of 10-12 different benches and machine handles that he felt hit the muscles in different parts, he always said that the real beauty of the muscle lies in building the LOWER part of the muscle, he had a special pulldown handle with the bends in the bar turned upwards which he felt hit the lower meaty part of the lats.

Yeah.
He also did a type of standing, one-handed pull down inside the cable station, as well as a kind of straight-armed pull up using primarily the lats.

I can’t remember the details of these, but if I can find them I’ll post a link here.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2007, 07:13:35 PM »
Here it is:

Credit: http://www.larryscott.com/bio/newsletter/97spring_1.cfm

Pivot Point # 3... Lower Lats... How To Develop The “Heart” in Your Back.

“Scapula Rotations” The King Of Lower Lat Exercises

“One arm lat pull” with a pulley about 3 to 5 feet off the floor

Click the link above to read the full details of exercise execution.

triple_h

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2007, 09:52:36 AM »
thanks MONTAGUE.. for the help!

CAPS, slave boy thanks u all too..
caps- what and wher can i get clips on how to do clean and high pulls , and clean press.. can i use them instead of military press for shoulders

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2007, 10:47:50 AM »
thanks MONTAGUE.. for the help!

CAPS, slave boy thanks u all too..
caps- what and wher can i get clips on how to do clean and high pulls , and clean press.. can i use them instead of military press for shoulders
youtube has a great number of clips on them.  I think in the training log board I included a clip from a world class olympic lifter instructing people on numerous lifts.  Check that out in the stickies and then search youtube.  You can definitely use a clean and press/jerk movement instead of military press.  You can use a lot of weight with that extra leg push.  Make sure your form is good on these before you make major jumps in weight. 

Any thoughts here Hedge?

&mode=related&search=

Clean and jerk (re: JPM post about Kono clip)

Squishy face retard

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2007, 12:59:47 PM »
keep your elbows facing upwards, keep the bar very close to your body and get up on your toes as high as you can, explode under the weight.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2007, 08:38:26 AM »
Cleans and Hi-Pulls are a prime learning exercise. It takes a lot of rep work to establish timing and getting into a groove with these movements. Most, when learning to clean, will depend too much on the arms and shoulders for the pull, with the back/legs as a secondary concern. The idea is to lift with the whole body, something like a gestalt approach. The Kono clip (though for the snatch) give a good example of the  beginning and secondary pulling motions. Might  want to use a empty bar for a week or so to perfect the mechanic's of the exercise. Once you work yourself up into some serious weight you will understand that shrugging the traps, with the upward pull, is of prime importance also. Some guy's will keep the gaze of the  eyes looking up when doing the pull, the body tends to follow the eyes. Others will not.

In any event, try BB'ing reps's (8-12) rather than any heavier lower reps for a couple of month's. Get the body use to this movement.Adds thickness to the whole upper body. Great for athletes as a prime training exercise for most sports. Good Luck.
F

triple_h

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2007, 11:58:22 AM »
THANK U ALL WHO HAVE GUIDED ME HERE ..

i appriciate all ur love and kind knowledge .. this is the right forum to be on if amateurs like us are taking body building seriously..
once again thanks all!!! ;D