Author Topic: Anybody here deadlift 7 plates  (Read 33249 times)

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
Re: Anybody here deadlift 7 plates
« Reply #175 on: October 17, 2007, 01:51:06 PM »
Billy you are a strong strong dude and if u want respect then ill say i respect what you do.But losing it over some peoples comments is just pointless ....

This is one of the main reasons most powerlifters think he's a shitrag

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #176 on: October 17, 2007, 04:30:03 PM »
Once again a punk ass little bitch like Squadfather posts.Still waiting for your vids or pics or are you too much of a little piss ant to post them.Hey,why dont we do this little puke.Pick a meet,or any venue you want and put your money where your mouth is.Any bodybuilding show,or powermeet and you and I can compete so we can end all the stupid ass posts.In fact,if its powerlifting,I will give you a 100lbs per lift spot and will still out total you by 1000lbs.Just name a show or meet[give me at least 6 months if its bodybuilding] and I will fly to wherever you want...Of cource all I will get from this post is the same dumb ass retarded getbig shit like "MELTDOWN" or some other stupid ass crap that you expert posters use.What a bunch of fucking girls.GETBIG is the most retarded site on the boards.A bunch of dickheads who would piss in their pants if they ever met you in person,but sure are a bunch of tough sarcastic guys when they post.They will rip Bob Chick but if they ran into him at a show theyd suck his dick if he asked.

hahahahahaha tiny quad meltdown

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: October 17, 2007, 04:34:26 PM »
Once again a punk ass little bitch like Squadfather posts.Still waiting for your vids or pics or are you too much of a little piss ant to post them.Hey,why dont we do this little puke.Pick a meet,or any venue you want and put your money where your mouth is.Any bodybuilding show,or powermeet and you and I can compete so we can end all the stupid ass posts.In fact,if its powerlifting,I will give you a 100lbs per lift spot and will still out total you by 1000lbs.Just name a show or meet[give me at least 6 months if its bodybuilding] and I will fly to wherever you want...Of cource all I will get from this post is the same dumb ass retarded getbig shit like "MELTDOWN" or some other stupid ass crap that you expert posters use.What a bunch of fucking girls.GETBIG is the most retarded site on the boards.A bunch of dickheads who would piss in their pants if they ever met you in person,but sure are a bunch of tough sarcastic guys when they post.They will rip Bob Chick but if they ran into him at a show theyd suck his dick if he asked.
hahahahaha, oh brother. ;D

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #178 on: October 17, 2007, 04:35:29 PM »
I respect Billy for being a very strong guy who also has the discipline to get in shape for a bodybuilding competition.  I think it is cool to compete in both sports and more guys should do it.
w

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: October 17, 2007, 04:38:15 PM »
I respect Billy for being a very strong guy who also has the discipline to get in shape for a bodybuilding competition.  I think it is cool to compete in both sports and more guys should do it.

i think billy should stay with "powerlifting"

;D

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: October 17, 2007, 05:09:07 PM »
i think billy should stay with "powerlifting"

;D

haha, I dunno man, seeing that pretty much every competitive powerlifter I know hates this "guy's" guts, "he" should probably get out of that game too.

Master Blaster

« Reply #181 on: October 17, 2007, 05:12:30 PM »
Did I put myself in Bob Chicks league?Of cource you guys cant fucking read or understand shit,but once again what else would I expect.You guys rip on guys like Bob Chick ,Ive even heard you smart guys bash Ronnie Coleman.Can you imagine that?Little tiny pukes bashing pro bodybuilders.You guys bash everyone and everything but cant match the very guys you bash.The genious squadfather said "hes not strong enough to open a jar of penut butter"talking about me.However,there isnt a movement in the gym that Im not vastly stronger then him in,NONE.There are other pics of me on this thread,you guys get the worst one possible and then insult it.Of cource,you guys dont put any pics or vids of yourselves up,NEVER.Keep your stupid board and your original cool sayings,EPIC QUADS,OWNED,MELTDOWN,what a bunch of little tiny pukes.The same posts,by the same guys on the same subjects over and over again.Super.Maybe we can see a few more pics of a refrigerator and some tool saying its Jay Cutler.

Lastly,Pandamonium,there are MANY powerlifting boards out here.Come on them using your same stupid ass name and ask which lifter thinks Im a joke.Dont do it on a board of sissy ass cowards with troll names,do it on a real powerlifting board.My prediction?Guys will blast your stupid ass out of there in about 5 minutes.

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #182 on: October 17, 2007, 06:34:32 PM »
haha, I dunno man, seeing that pretty much every competitive powerlifter I know hates this "guy's" guts, "he" should probably get out of that game too.

Who do you know?  What is your name?  I am just curious.  We may know some of the same people.  Heck, we may even have met?
w

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #183 on: October 18, 2007, 03:56:55 AM »
Please,this guy doesnt know one powerlifter.The closest he might come to knowing anyone is that other tool,Hedgehog.Hedgehog is a guy that reads MILO magazine and then posts like he knows what hes talking about.Im especially amused when Hedgehog posts that "his legs are small and that means he doesnt squat below parallel".Ha,ha,ha,what a dickhead.Funny,but Branch Warren and Ronnie Coleman have some of the biggest quads in the history of the sport and they squat 6 inches above parallel.Then you have guys like Goggins[975 in the USPF] Eddy Coan,Mike Bridges,Brian Siders who squat waaaaaaay below parallel and have legs that lag way behind their upper bodies.However,Hedgehog once read in MILO that quads are built by deep squatting,so he regurgatates that and passes himself off as an expert.

Pandamonium cant name one powerlifter who thinks Im a joke.I wonder why?Perhaps because the powerlifters he sees never speak to him.In my gym,if your a weak piece of crap we dont pay you much mind,Im sure Pandamonium gets the same treatment.However,Id sure like him to post on a site "who thinks a guy with a 788 deadlift at super is a joke.Who thinks a 777 pound deadlift at 308 is a joke".Hed be laughed right off the boards.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: October 18, 2007, 04:11:08 AM »
Please,this guy doesnt know one powerlifter.The closest he might come to knowing anyone is that other tool,Hedgehog.Hedgehog is a guy that reads MILO magazine and then posts like he knows what hes talking about.Im especially amused when Hedgehog posts that "his legs are small and that means he doesnt squat below parallel".Ha,ha,ha,what a dickhead.Funny,but Branch Warren and Ronnie Coleman have some of the biggest quads in the history of the sport and they squat 6 inches above parallel.Then you have guys like Goggins[975 in the USPF] Eddy Coan,Mike Bridges,Brian Siders who squat waaaaaaay below parallel and have legs that lag way behind their upper bodies.However,Hedgehog once read in MILO that quads are built by deep squatting,so he regurgatates that and passes himself off as an expert.

Pandamonium cant name one powerlifter who thinks Im a joke.I wonder why?Perhaps because the powerlifters he sees never speak to him.In my gym,if your a weak piece of crap we dont pay you much mind,Im sure Pandamonium gets the same treatment.However,Id sure like him to post on a site "who thinks a guy with a 788 deadlift at super is a joke.Who thinks a 777 pound deadlift at 308 is a joke".Hed be laughed right off the boards.

billy: can you do a real squat with more than 405?

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #185 on: October 18, 2007, 05:45:29 AM »
You see,in powerlifting we have three judges that judge depth.I know you bodybuilders go in the gym and have your training partners with their arms wrapped around your torso ,pulling you up with 225 on the bar and then you yell "ALL YOU BRO".I know you then tell your pals "I did 405 for 8 today".In powerlifting,judges judge your depth,you do the lift by yourself.So since my official lifts are 942 at super,881 at 308,and 855 at 275,and 725 at 242,Id say your question is the dumbest one Ive seen yet.However,I also did a 777 at 275 in a USPF meet,thats walking out and squatting well below parallel[in case you discount APF squats,like that dummy Hedgehog].So once again,you make no sense.My question to you is,can you squat 405 without some dumbass in a wifebeater and 4 gold chains pulling you up out of the hole."ALL YOU BRO"!!!!!What a bunch of dicks.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #186 on: October 18, 2007, 05:57:06 AM »
I dont think many bodybuilders try to squat for one rep Billy...

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #187 on: October 18, 2007, 06:18:43 AM »

Sup Billy!

I haven't even replied to you on this thread, but you're fo' sho' a fave of mine.

Yes, I think your "squats" in WPC/APF and similar feds are a joke. Not because the weights. But because you claim them to be squats.

I still think you're a very strong guy. Obviously. But I cannot understand the need to boost your numbers by competing in feds where just about anything is passed.

If you "squat" 940+ in a high squat multiply monolift fed, why not do a real squat with 800 lbs in USPF instead?

Food for thought:
When the Lambrionidis squat, benchpress, deadlift was posted, not one single post was bitching about his equipment, about his depth, about his form or anything. Nobody bitched about Ryan K's benchpress either.

As opposed to whenever you see lifts by Rychlak, Graalfs, Mendelsohn et al.

Why is that, Mimnaugh?

As empty as paradise

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #188 on: October 18, 2007, 07:00:18 AM »
Of cource the guys on here dont rip that.Thats because the guy quad squats with a close stance.Once again I will repeat,the rule is BREAK PARALLEL.There is no standard now,in the past, or in the future where it says "you need to break parallel by some amount to be decided by each individual judge".

Now,we,who follow westside,dont quad squat.We are back and hip squatters.We use wide stances because this has been proven to be the most efficient way to squat,using the largest and strongest muscles[hips,lowerback,hamstrings and glutes].When you squat wide and back on your glutes,parallel is seen and reached in a different way.The hips are flowing backwards,not down.So, many times on video, a squat looks high,but its perfectly legal.Just like many times it looks like quad close stance squatters are burrying their squats,but,in fact,their hips are not breaking by that much.Now,thats not to say there havent been some terrible calls in the APF,but again,we are trying to squat on the thinnest line possible.Most guys in our feds want a two to one call,because three whites means your too low.

Lastly,there is a very simple reason why I cant go into the USPF anymore.My knee wont allow it.I tried it,but the knee is a mess[6 bone spurs rubbing right on the patella].Im waaaaaay too old to risk another patella rupture trying to walk weights out and back.At 44 years old,its too late in the game,so Im just going to stick with what I know.I lifted in the USPF for years,but the fed died.The APF was THE fed,so thats where I went.I lifted in single ply the first three APF meets I did and walked out,but saw the folly of my ways and wore what everyone else did.

Remember this.Squatting straight up and down is an inefficient way to squat.Even Eddy Coan,after hurting his knee,started squatting back much more.Yes there are exceptions.The Europeans,Kirk and a few others,but most would do much better to sit way back rather then straight down.However,the idea that small quads equalls high squats and low squats equalls big quads is clearly dispelled by Coleman and Warren,as neither of them come within 6 inches of parallel.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: October 18, 2007, 07:08:23 AM »
Of cource the guys on here dont rip that.Thats because the guy quad squats with a close stance.Once again I will repeat,the rule is BREAK PARALLEL.There is no standard now,in the past, or in the future where it says "you need to break parallel by some amount to be decided by each individual judge".

Now,we,who follow westside,dont quad squat.We are back and hip squatters.We use wide stances because this has been proven to be the most efficient way to squat,using the largest and strongest muscles[hips,lowerback,hamstrings and glutes].When you squat wide and back on your glutes,parallel is seen and reached in a different way.The hips are flowing backwards,not down.So, many times on video, a squat looks high,but its perfectly legal.Just like many times it looks like quad close stance squatters are burrying their squats,but,in fact,their hips are not breaking by that much.Now,thats not to say there havent been some terrible calls in the APF,but again,we are trying to squat on the thinnest line possible.Most guys in our feds want a two to one call,because three whites means your too low.

Lastly,there is a very simple reason why I cant go into the USPF anymore.My knee wont allow it.I tried it,but the knee is a mess[6 bone spurs rubbing right on the patella].Im waaaaaay too old to risk another patella rupture trying to walk weights out and back.At 44 years old,its too late in the game,so Im just going to stick with what I know.I lifted in the USPF for years,but the fed died.The APF was THE fed,so thats where I went.I lifted in single ply the first three APF meets I did and walked out,but saw the folly of my ways and wore what everyone else did.

Remember this.Squatting straight up and down is an inefficient way to squat.Even Eddy Coan,after hurting his knee,started squatting back much more.Yes there are exceptions.The Europeans,Kirk and a few others,but most would do much better to sit way back rather then straight down.However,the idea that small quads equalls high squats and low squats equalls big quads is clearly dispelled by Coleman and Warren,as neither of them come within 6 inches of parallel.

well, as a bodybuilder you dont need to go ass to the grass, but that doesnt mean you should do half squats. in my opinion the best is to go below parallel but not necessarily ass to the calves. stopping above parallel fucks up your knees. its the relatively closer foot stance that is important for quad stimulation.

like you said, you guys dont squat you do backlifts/ semi goodmornings.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #190 on: October 18, 2007, 07:31:09 AM »
We squat down just low enough to get them passed.However,Ive watched MANY bodybuilding DVDs and I havent seen one bodybuilder squat low,not one.Most are doing a movement they label as squats,but the bar barely moves at all.My God Branch Warrens training partner didnt go down more then two inches with 405 and then did 15 reps with it.However,if you look at their quads[the pros]they are huge,so who can knock it.My only point is that squat depth is not the determining factor on quad size.Guys rip my quads,but I havent done one single set of direct quad training in 10 years[except for two months where I did hacks].My squat day is box squats,good mornings,reverse hypers,calf ham glutes,abs.My max effort day is good mornings,pulls with bands,bent rows,reverse hypers,calf ham glutes abs.We are only concerned with getting the posterior chain as strong as possible.

Now,as far as bodybuilding goes,even looking like shit this year I still placed 3rd in the New Englands open and masters.However,two years ago I was in very very good shape[although very small and overdieted]and won the New Englands masters.I dont bodybuild.I powerlift and then diet for 4 months and go into shows.I dont care about it.I find by dieting down,the next time I go up in weight I stay a bit leaner and a bit heathier.Im not a bodybuilder,dont want to be a bodybuilder,have no potential to bodybuild and really dont care about it.Im a fan of it,but Im a powerlifter,so for guys to kill me for a shitty pic seems silly.It would be like a bodybuilder playing in an MTV basketball game and guys saying "he sucks".Who cares.I suck at bodybuilding,but Im a powerlifter.I just wish you guys would give guys a break.Geeze,a guy like Pulcinella wins a huge show,looks absolutely great,and then gets smoked on a forum.Why?I dont get it.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: October 18, 2007, 08:47:01 AM »

Now,as far as bodybuilding goes,even looking like shit this year I still placed 3rd in the New Englands open and masters.

But you fail to mention how there were only three people competing in the open :-\

You're a joke, you washed up Kovacs look-a-like.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #192 on: October 18, 2007, 09:08:43 AM »
Food for thought:
When the Lambrionidis squat, benchpress, deadlift was posted, not one single post was bitching about his equipment, about his depth, about his form or anything. Nobody bitched about Ryan K's benchpress either.

As opposed to whenever you see lifts by Rychlak, Graalfs, Mendelsohn et al.

Why is that, Mimnaugh?

actually, why the fuck IS that? what made ryan's 1036 any more legit than mendy's 1003 or gene's 1010? they were all shirted, they were all wearing shirts so tight it was a fight to get over a half ton to touch their chests, and they all looked chiefly the same, though i still say mendy's was touch and go. if anything gene's looked the cleanest. total BS that people pick and choose who to bitch about.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: October 18, 2007, 09:09:40 AM »
actually, why the fuck IS that? what made ryan's 1036 any more legit than mendy's 1003 or gene's 1010? they were all shirted, they were all wearing shirts so tight it was a fight to get over a half ton to touch their chests, and they all looked chiefly the same, though i still say mendy's was touch and go. if anything gene's looked the cleanest. total BS that people pick and choose who to bitch about.

hows the diet going?

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #194 on: October 18, 2007, 09:12:08 AM »
As usual your a stupid ass who doesnt have a fucking clue about what hes talking about.In the New Englands this year there were 12 masters and 6 in the open class.Two years ago when I won the masters there were 7 masters and I placed 5th in the open and there were 15 guys in the class.Dont take my word for it,ask Ron Harris,he was at both shows,competing in one and watching the other.Washed up?Well,Iam 44,so you might be right.I have a meet in Dec. so we will see.However,Id rather be a has been then a pathetic never was,whos claim to fame is flaming those he couldnt beat.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: October 18, 2007, 09:28:17 AM »
hows the diet going?

i'm not really dieting now. just sittin pretty at around 225. strength is about up to where i wanted it to be, getting 315x3 for paused reps now. here's a shot i snapped the other day.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #196 on: October 18, 2007, 09:47:06 AM »
i'm not really dieting now. just sittin pretty at around 225. strength is about up to where i wanted it to be, getting 315x3 for paused reps now. here's a shot i snapped the other day.

Hey What's up Zach?

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: October 18, 2007, 09:49:39 AM »
Hey What's up Zach?

not a hell of a lot man, you? been busy mostly.

oh hey adam, don't forget putin was in the KGB. probably explains the physique and his combat training.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #198 on: October 18, 2007, 09:50:48 AM »
not a hell of a lot man, you? been busy mostly.

oh hey adam, don't forget putin was in the KGB. probably explains the physique and his combat training.
Alright, Allright.  I am done messing with you Zach.  I'm bored of it.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: October 18, 2007, 10:01:32 AM »
Alright, Allright.  I am done messing with you Zach.  I'm bored of it.

atta boy. i figured it would have to end at some point. christ, it's been going on what, three years now? maybe four?