Author Topic: Chris Faildo trains on egg whites, not drugs for 2007 World Men's Championships  (Read 14011 times)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
According to Arizona Daily Star Oct 14 :http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/news/206177.php

Hawaii bodybuilder trains on egg whites, not drugs
HONOLULU (AP) — Chris Faildo, who began lifting weights as a teenager, says it has taken him a bit longer — 26 years — to reach the pinnacle of his amateur bodybuilding career because he has avoided the drugs that are pervasive in the sport.
Instead, he does about two dozen egg whites a day and lots of protein shakes.
The 41-year-old Honolulu resident is captain of the six-member United States team that will compete in the World Amateur Championships in Jeju, South Korea, on Oct. 27-28. All six were the weight division winners at the U.S. qualifier in New York City in July. Faildo became team captain by winning the overall title.
"It is unusual for a middleweight or lower to win, and I looked small compared to the heavyweights," said the 5-foot-4, 165-pound welterweight. "But my package was complete. I had the hardness, definition, symmetry and presentation," which included posing, smiling and interacting with the judges.
Faildo prides himself on being "lifetime drug-free."
"I have never done steroids or growth hormone or diuretics, which are very dangerous," he said. "I am a 100 percent natural athlete. That's why it has taken me so long to get to this point."
After finishing third at the world championships in 1994 and second in 1995, "there is only one place to go. I am looking for the gold medal this year," he said.
After winning nearly every bodybuilding contest in Hawaii and many on the mainland, he is putting everything into that goal.
"Someone asked me if I would rather have a million dollars or the world championship and I said the world championship," he said. "That shows how important it is to me."
But Faildo, who is of Japanese-Chinese-Filipino ancestry, said family comes first. "If a family member needed help, I would drop this in a heartbeat."
The overall title at the U.S. qualifier made Faildo eligible for a pro card. He said he probably will apply for the card that grants professional status after the amateur championships but may not compete in the professional ranks.
"I can't see myself going on stage and finishing last because of my moral stand on drugs," he said. "I won't go that way (doing drugs).
He also admitted he's in his "upper years" in bodybuilding and that also could affect his decision.
Faildo said he will think about the pro status "after I eat a pizza" after returning from Korea.
But pizza is nowhere near his current diet as he prepares for the world contest, formerly known as Mr. Universe. He has a breakfast of a dozen egg whites and three-quarters cup of oatmeal, several protein shakes during the day, lunch and dinner of precisely 12 ounces of chicken or steak — he weighs the meat — and 12 more egg whites an hour before going to bed.
His strict routine began early, carrying his special food to school in a cooler. "I never ate school lunches," he said.
His day, which begins at 4:30 a.m., includes a one-hour workout, 40 minutes of cardio, and meeting with up to 10 clients as a personal trainer at Gold's Gym in Honolulu, giving life to his nickname "The Hawaiian Hurricane."
Faildo gives credit for his work ethic to his parents, who travel with him to all his contests and will be part of a group of 19 supporters accompanying him to Korea.
"Nothing was given to us," he said of his brother and two sisters. "They told us to work hard for what you want.'
He also credits his wife, Debbie, also is a personal trainer at Gold's. "She keeps me in line and is the backbone to my success," he said.
Faildo got interested in the sport from a bodybuilding magazine.
"I saw those big guys and said this is what I want to look like." He started with a weightlifting set in his bedroom and two years later began working out at a Honolulu gym.

........................ ........................ ........................ .................
Good luck ,Faildo

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
Respect.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
Pics are top 3 of 2006 light-weight(70kg)  World Men's Championships

&

Malaysia's 3 times World Champion Sazali Abdul Samad (who move up to 70kg this year )

Monster81

• Getbig IV
how stupid ar we to belive that crap.......

Dragon

• Getbig III
chris faildo is an inspiration to say the least!
LOCAL GYM HERO

Monster81

• Getbig IV
huhuhuhuhaaaaaaaaaaa

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
If thats true then good on him.

But i doubt it.

No doubt about it...

Monster81

• Getbig IV
If thats true then good on him.

But i doubt it.

theres no doubt about it dude.,,.thatli girl is juiced up to his nose............lol

bigkahuna

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
i remember gh15 making a post about this guy......something along the lines of how he relies on alot of orals and the like

dknole

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
he is 165 lbs, please you cant think he is a juice head - not when you view his pics or see him in person. Respect those that just work hard.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
haha juicing and still small. i guess his gf is hairy.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
Last year 2 competitors of this weightclass(70kg) were disqualified from drugtested:
Shameen Adams  (South Africa,3rd place)
Boontham Sriboontong  (Thailand,5th place)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
  all eggs

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
damn i remember when he was always on the cover of Bill Phillip's old magazine MuscleMedia he was small and skinny, he's put on a lot of size since then, no way he's still clean.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
he found another training workout that worked for him.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
A bold faced liar.

he is 165 lbs, please you cant think he is a juice head - not when you view his pics or see him in person. Respect those that just work hard.

Only a newbie looks at bodyweight to determine a juicer.

LATS

• Getbig IV
 BEING ONLY 165 POUNDS HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH WHETHER HE JUICES OR NOT.. we all know the lights and tyhe welters ect on the national level who juice their ass off and are only 160 pounds..  as for chris himself, sorry, but he is not relying on egg whites.. ::)

pushinweight

obviously he found a way to mix egg whites with deca and primobolan that took him 26 years.  Good for him

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
 Faildo is a very humble guy when I talked with him back to 1995 World Men's in Guam,US

Hopefully he can take the World Men's 2007 title !!

Meso_z

• Getbig V

Youre "lifetime drug-free." too?  ::)

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
At 70 kg, is he under 5 feet tall?  Juice or not, Im impressed.

Jason

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
BEING ONLY 165 POUNDS HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH WHETHER HE JUICES OR NOT.. we all know the lights and tyhe welters ect on the national level who juice their ass off and are only 160 pounds..  as for chris himself, sorry, but he is not relying on egg whites.. ::)
It's really amazing isn't it, people staring at bodyweight to determine a juicer.

Look at the quality instead.

If you go to ThermoLife's homepage it says Faildo loved Triacana, which is potent thyroid drug. Obviously not opposed to using drugs to get ripped. Just because it was sold OTC doesn't make it a food supplement. It's a D-R-U-G, a damn potent one at that. So it has always been more than egg whites that got him ripped.

pushinweight

Didn't I read on here that he was room mates and best friends with a pro BB or something from Hawaii who got caught with roids.  Hard to believe he do anything when they were right there in front of him. 

The_Schofeild_Kid

• Getbig II
  • I'm a Damn Killer Myself!!
motherfu cking lying asshat. wtf is wrong with these little shits....

you don't have to run around yelling your juiced to the gills but don't flat out LIE to everyone. at least he's not as bad as skip lacour by whoring his books and bogus supps to other "naturals" who want to look like him. ::)