Author Topic: Why I love Los Angeles  (Read 6017 times)

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
Re: Why I love Los Angeles
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2007, 04:25:46 PM »
Hmmm... you have to remember that I'm 52 and came to LA to train at Gold's Venice in 1980. Back then Gold's was becoming the place to train so there was always a steady parade or Movie stars making the scene. Usually I'd just say hello but occasionally I'd see some of them over and over and they would actually strike up a conversation (I never approach them because I despise "fan worshippers").

I've also been to some social events that had a significant Star population.

So here goes:

David Lee Roth (I had a femal roomate who was a hairdresser and dated David's bodyguard)
Stephanie Powers (very cool lady – I had a nice conversation with her when I was an extra on Hart to Hart)
Robert Wagner
Jaclyn Smith 
Cheryl Ladd (I was an extra on an episode of Charlie’s Angles and got a chance to interact with them backstage a little – small talk) 
Tanya Roberts
Bronson Pinchot (Played “Serge” in Beverley Hill Cop) he was a regular at Gold’s and always stopped to say Hello – really nice Guy.
Anthony Franciosa (regular at Gold’s)
Tommy Chong (regular at Gold’s)
Lorne Green ( I had a client who took me to the Academy Awards one year – Met Lorne there)
Morgan Fairchild (trained by Joe Nazzaro at Gold’s)
Jane Fonda (Trained by Dave Mastorakis at Gold’s Second street before she started her aerobics studio’s) 
Max Bayer Jr. (Jethro from Beverly Hill Billies) met him at a party in Malibu
Sopia Milas (VERY HOT) starred in CSI Miami met her at a Social event
Chuck Norris (he used to train at Torrance Athletic Club when I was training under Rory’s guidance. I used to talk  Chuck and his bodybuard all the time. Very nice guy. I planned out a workout program for him.
Bruce Willis
Kim Basinger (I was an extra on Blind Date and met Bruce and Kim on set)
Rachel McLish (went to dinner and dancing with her and a friend, had a phone conversation with her a year ago along with a few e-mails back and forth)
Arnold S. (met him a few times in the early 80’s)
Robert Di Nero (funny story but long)
Pam Anderson (yes she was HOT) met her at a Mall
Eric Estrada (Met him at the same Mall)
Anthony Robbins (I used to staff his events and had lunch with him and his ex-wife Becky)
Richard Jenni (Comedian who committed suicide last year) Hung out with Richard for several hours in CanCnn, Mexico. Tony Robbins event.
Depak Chopra (hung out with him in CanCun as well) Tony Robbins event.
LeVar Burton
Daphne Zuniga
Bruce Jenner (he and his wife were regular's at Gold's)
Don Johnson (I didn’t meet him face to face but, over the phone on a business call. When a business associate told me that Don had a business interest in a project we were working on I thought “just some guy named Don Johnson”. But when he got on the phone and introduced himself, I realized from his voice that it was actually the star.)
Kim Chambers
Scott Styles Kim and Scott used to train at Gold's Redondo - adult stars. 

There were a handful of others but their names escape me. Of course I’ve met many bodybuilding “stars” as well.

of all the celebrities you have met, who was the biggest a-hole?

ferrigno not included  :D

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2007, 04:33:29 PM »
LA is someplace I would never want to live.  Obviously the climate is probably the best in North America, and having access to everything from beach to mountains to desert to city all within a day's drive would be awesome.  However, I can't stand the "celebrity culture" that exists out there where everything revolves around the entertainment industry, and everyone thinks the end-all be-all of existance is actors and rappers.  Most of the rest of the country couldn't give a shit about that garbage.  If I had to live in Cali I'd probably choose the bay area, maybe somewhere in silicon valley or up in Marin county.
Ron: "I am lazy."

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2007, 05:12:01 PM »
I was unimpressed until you dropped Rutger's name.

{giggle} Hey... what's wrong with Rutger Hauer?  He's actually a pretty cool guy.
w

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2007, 06:11:55 PM »
LA is someplace I would never want to live.  Obviously the climate is probably the best in North America, and having access to everything from beach to mountains to desert to city all within a day's drive would be awesome.  However, I can't stand the "celebrity culture" that exists out there where everything revolves around the entertainment industry, and everyone thinks the end-all be-all of existance is actors and rappers.  Most of the rest of the country couldn't give a shit about that garbage.  If I had to live in Cali I'd probably choose the bay area, maybe somewhere in silicon valley or up in Marin county.

Hey Goatboy...  I agree with you on this... I hate when people say they are in "THE industry" I have no use for most of them as well. Many times I’ve wanted to get out of here but you develop friends and a career and it grows on you.

of all the celebrities you have met, who was the biggest a-hole?

ferrigno not included  :D

None of them actually. They were all VERY cordial and friendly. The only assholes were wannabe’s and no-names. 
and keep moving!

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2007, 06:18:13 PM »
If I had to live in Cali I'd probably choose the bay area

go figure

::)

whateva

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2007, 06:47:32 PM »
Max Rep , are you in this pic ?

HeyNow

• Getbig III
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2007, 07:13:58 PM »
Latin women, the sexiest women alive.  I wouldn't touch any other kind of women.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2007, 07:20:21 PM »
go figure

::)

I didn't know goat was gay.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2007, 07:21:58 PM »
I didn't know goat was gay.

I'm not, dumbass.  ::)

Shouldn't you be posting over at MD?

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2007, 07:26:27 PM »

I'm not, dumbass.  ::)

Shouldn't you be posting over at MD?

You still driving that cheap bmw around like its a ferrari? I heard you are a paid member to Dereks website. I think you have some explaining to do, "goatfag"

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2007, 07:29:51 PM »
You still driving that cheap bmw around like its a ferrari? I heard you are a paid member to Dereks website. I think you have some explaining to do, "goatfag"

Not really.

You still fuccking trannies, "sgt d"? ::)

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2007, 07:30:51 PM »

Not really.

You still fuccking trannies, "sgt d"? ::)

What are trannies? ???

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2007, 11:36:57 PM »
Now we know Goatboy hasn't been out of his home town. Anyone who has been to LA knows the stars are almost invisible there. Everyone is too busy rushing around in traffic to notice. The smog spoils LA. Otherwise, it has just about everything anyone could want. San Francisco is too cold and doesn't have great beaches. Florida might have a better climate, too. The one necessity there is a vehicle. That is one huge city.

Is this Goatboy?

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2007, 11:53:46 PM »

No but I knew MOST of them. Pic was taken before I arrived. I did train at that Gym for about a year before it moved.
and keep moving!

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2007, 11:55:27 PM »
Latin women, the sexiest women alive.  I wouldn't touch any other kind of women.

I'm with you on that one bro. Current GF is Latina. Ex-wife was Latina. Last GF was Latina.
and keep moving!

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2007, 12:00:23 AM »
I'm with you on that one bro. Current GF is Latina. Ex-wife was Latina. Last GF was Latina.

Damn M.R. you're quite the playa!

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2007, 12:11:56 AM »
None of them actually. They were all VERY cordial and friendly. The only assholes were wannabe’s and no-names. 

So Lou Ferrigno?
No doubt about it...

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2007, 12:54:54 AM »
Mike Tyson was locked up where I worked. This was before I came there. Dude did the usual "stopping up the toilet with toilet tissue". And He didn't like what the inmates were watching on TV, so he poured water on the TV. Nobody was gonna fight him.

haha, nice story.

i wouldn't wanna mess with Tyson, especially when he's in a bad mood. Dude has sharp teeth.  ;D ;D

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2007, 01:06:04 AM »

So Lou Ferrigno?

We were excluding Lou.
and keep moving!

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2007, 01:20:05 AM »
Damn M.R. you're quite the playa!

No not a player... but certainly a connoisseur of the Latina delicacy.  ;)  Es muy delicioso! 
and keep moving!

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2007, 01:21:34 AM »
No not a player... but certainly a connoisseur of the Latina delicacy.  ;)  Es muy delicioso! 

hahaha.  Are you white?

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2007, 01:25:22 AM »
hahaha.  Are you white?

Yes. Italian and mixed European. Funny when I first met the current GF I said something about benig white and she said but your Italian that's not white, that's Latin. I guess everyone has thier own perspective.
and keep moving!

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2007, 07:40:06 AM »
notice how big chris dickerson looks in this pic ?...

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2007, 07:41:28 AM »
notice how big chris dickerson looks in this pic ?...
na notice how big lou the asshole looks!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2007, 08:14:13 AM »
Now we know Goatboy hasn't been out of his home town. Anyone who has been to LA knows the stars are almost invisible there. Everyone is too busy rushing around in traffic to notice. The smog spoils LA. Otherwise, it has just about everything anyone could want. San Francisco is too cold and doesn't have great beaches. Florida might have a better climate, too. The one necessity there is a vehicle. That is one huge city.

You really need to learn how to read, Vince.  Did I say that stars were "visible" in LA? I said I dislike the "celebrity culture" there, meaning that the residents are way too into the whole "celebrity/entertainment industry" thing. Pay attention better next time.  ::)

Oh, and Florida does not have a better climate...  it has high humidity all the time and uncomfortably high temperatures part of the year; also a lot of rain... not so in southern California.