Author Topic: UFC set to announce new television deal on Thursday LIVE NOW!!!updated by bluto  (Read 18501 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
The UFC has announced a conference call with the media on Thursday at 4 p.m. ET/1 p.m. PT to announce a new television deal. No details were provided so it is unclear if the new deal is a renewal with Spike TV or if there is something else that has been agreed upon with another outlet.

Also, Brock Lesnar, Chuck Liddell, and Wanderlei Silva will all be on the call as well.

In addition to announcing the new TV deal, UFC president Dana White will be introducing Lesnar to the media following his recent addition to the UFC’s heavyweight division.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: UFC set to announce new television deal on Thursday
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 09:16:28 AM »
this is about the same time as randys press conference, coincidence?!  :D
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 01:20:30 PM »
The UFC has now decided to stream its conference call today online over at Yahoo!Sports.com at 4 p.m. ET

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=207187&cl=4688852&ch=2283876',&39;playerWindow&39;,&39;width=793,height=666,scrollbars=no,toolbar=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no&39;));&src=sports

I'm listening to it right now

Dana "I'm Randy's little bitch"
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 02:10:26 PM »
"fedor sucks. he isnt even top 5 in the world" - dana
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
new deal signed with spike tv
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
chuck is on the air

wanderlei too

Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
whats next for forrest?

dana:

"shoulder injury need to get it fixed. he is definitely in line for title shot"
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
brock is on the air
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
question to wand about the problems other pride fighters had problems fighting in ufc:

wand

"now i only train in the cage in the octagon. fighting is fighting. "

question to wand: after 2 losses, are you ready physically and mentally for another hard fight

wand

"now i train hard. im hungry to win. i wanna come back to the top. and fight with chuck now is the best moment for me. i wanna give a good show for my fans"

question: do you think you got the best years ahead of you being young still

wand

"yeah the next years i wanna come back to the top. next 2-3 years will be the best in my career"

dana talks:

"the deal was never about fedor. it was about his manager.what they would get. they didnt give a shit about what fedors what they gonna get. theyre full of shit"

"theyre full of shit about the numbers too. you know what i mean. fedors manager is a fucking liar"

dana is working himself up and cursing to the left and right  ;D
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
dana "the odds are stacked against m-1"

"this thing is bigger than money. we'll see what happens. i love randy couture. his home is the ufc. i have him under contract. i always want him with me" - dana

"randy is a grown man he gonna make his own decisions whats best for him and his family. he's pissed at me right now, i dont know what the reasons are."

"canada is coming, we will be in canada in 2008."

---

"the training here is so hard. i like living here. very nice place" - wanderlei on being in vegas and training there

wand have you been gambling?

"no no i love my money"
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
"the biggest moment ever in this sports history" dana on chuck vs wanderlei

"the stakes are much much higher now"

"the winner of that fight are the top dogs. will be the #1 contender but forrest is in that mix too. and jardine"

Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
wand see no problem fighting in a cage because he trains with it every day.

brock doesnt have much to say, just wanna get his first ufc fight.

"this whole summer ive worked on my technique. throwing my hands. to be able to submit people. a couple hours a day." - brock

"when i was working for wwe i was 300 pounds now im 266 im training differently, more conditioning, im just trying to do the right thing"

Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
"i think a lot of people would be interested in see if brock can fight, i think hes gonna bring a lot of wwe fans" - dana

"i train with greg nelson he's my no 1 trainer and the guy who worked with my striking." - brock

"ive done some adjustments but nothing spectacular" chuck on what he's done different since last fight in training

Z

Geo

• Getbig IV
"the biggest moment ever in this sports history" dana on chuck vs wanderlei

"the stakes are much much higher now"

"the winner of that fight are the top dogs. will be the #1 contender but forrest is in that mix too. and jardine"

I'll never get used to hearing "jardine" and "title shot" in the same sentence

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
"everybody knows you cant use steroids. any combat sport you lose the ability for a year. they lose their sponsors. they cant fight they make no money. those are pretty harsh penalties you gotta be an absolute jackass to use steroids in combat sports" - dana on steroids

"no way man" - dana on going public with ufc

Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
"we'll be back in florida in 2008 for sure"
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
"the deal is for total 4 fight nights per year for 3 years with spike" - dana

Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
I'll never get used to hearing "jardine" and "title shot" in the same sentence

yeah
you listening live?
Z

Geo

• Getbig IV
yeah
you listening live?

no........

I'd rather just read all the highlights !

;D

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
apparantely theyve been on for 1,5 hour so i missed probably half of it

i just thought id quote some of the stuff for people getting online later and i kinda like to chat while listening but seems like you and i are the only guys here

Z

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
wand see no problem fighting in a cage because he trains with it every day.

brock doesnt have much to say, just wanna get his first ufc fight.

"this whole summer ive worked on my technique. throwing my hands. to be able to submit people. a couple hours a day." - brock

"when i was working for wwe i was 300 pounds now im 266 im training differently, more conditioning, im just trying to do the right thing"

aka...i'm off the sauce and trying to keep in shape...but dropping weight like dumbells!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
aka...i'm off the sauce and trying to keep in shape...but dropping weight like dumbells!

hehe 300 pounds is a little excessive... will still be biggest in ufc though

Z

Geo

• Getbig IV

yeah that guys was a freakin science experiment back in his wwe days......

my best guess is he'll be strong for the first 2 minutes of his first fight in the ufc and he's gonna be gassed into a state of uselessness

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
here's some more info

"They are commited to 26 episodes of TUF each year for the next 2 years. 1 season of tuf in 2010 and they are trying to put together a brand new fight show but there isnt much info about what they are trying with that right now. There are other shows in the works that the UFC and SPike think are going to be big hits. "

jesus 26 episodes a year

"-It looks like BJ Penn will possibly be fighting in December "

"-Dana says that every time they have gone to different places they have broken venue records so the reception has been good. "

"-There are plans to go to Chicago next year. As as sson as they are legal in Chicago they will be there. "

"-Dana says that Andre Arlovski has not been forgotten. He is just kind of sittin on the bench right now. Says they are trying to get him back. "

"-DAna says ticket sales for UFC 78 have been great. They plan on selling out. "

"-Dana thinks that they may possibly end up with an HBO deal someday but now is not the time "

"-Brocks first fight will be Superbowl Saturday. "

"-Dana tells a UK reporter that they are working on a TV deal to show live fights in the UK "

"-Dana comments on Frank Warren (UK reporter) saying that the UFC is a flash in the pan. Says Warren is an old school boxing guy and the UFC scares guys like him. "

"-4-5 possible UK shows next year "  :o looks like im gonna go again  8)

-Brock is asked if he is glad to be out of the WWE with all of the deaths happening. Brock replies "Absolutely".

-Dana says the 2 biggest reality shows on TV are American Idol and TUF. None of the other shit matters.

Dana is asked about Kurt Angle. Says that Kurt is a good guy and he likes him. Puts over ANgles wrestlings credentials. Thinks that Kurt just wants to jump right from Pro-wrestling and give it a go. Dana says that if Kurt does that he will "get his f***ing ass kicked"

Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
some more.

-Brock Lesnar opponent is unknown right now but they will be putting him up against someone they feel can test him.

(who? lets speculate!)  8)

-Dana says they will be trying to go to a Latino country soon.

Z