Author Topic: UFC set to announce new television deal on Thursday LIVE NOW!!!updated by bluto  (Read 18500 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
haha dana saying fedor isnt top 5 hw in the world! wtf  ::)
Z

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
I didn't know Yahoo was streaming it. Did anyone hear my questions to Dana and Brock? Next-to-last questions of the teleconference if there's a transcript. Hard to get any solid answers out of Brock Lesnar.
BigNationRadio.com

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
you gotta pay attention to what happens on the mma board!  8)
Z

Geo

• Getbig IV
some more.

-Brock Lesnar opponent is unknown right now but they will be putting him up against someone they feel can test him.

(who? lets speculate!)  8)

-Dana says they will be trying to go to a Latino country soon.

I'll say Scherner or Eilers

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
you gotta pay attention to what happens on the mma board!  8)
I didn't even get my passcode to join the press conference until 4:20! That was a long-ass teleconference. I was really surprised to hear questions from some mainstream media outlets like the Washington Post.
BigNationRadio.com

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
I didn't even get my passcode to join the press conference until 4:20! That was a long-ass teleconference. I was really surprised to hear questions from some mainstream media outlets like the Washington Post.

yeah well next time pm me and you can use my passcode

Z

Geo

• Getbig IV
I didn't even get my passcode to join the press conference until 4:20!

that's god telling you that you should get stoned first !

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
yeah well next time pm me and you can use my passcode

You didn't have a damn pass code... You live in such a dream world. you have to be press.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
You didn't have a damn pass code... You live in such a dream world. you have to be press.

no shit einstein. it was a joke.  ::) but im glad i gave you the opportunity to swing at me again. you haven't since... yesterday.
Z

nuyork143

• Getbig III
  • Ill get inside your face...
yeah that guys was a freakin science experiment back in his wwe days......

my best guess is he'll be strong for the first 2 minutes of his first fight in the ufc and he's gonna be gassed into a state of uselessness

Agreed!
Listen here SMALL BALLS!!

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
I disagree that Lesnar will gas. Guys usually gas for one of two reasons: (1) Lack of conditioning; or (2) Anxiety.

Lesnar's conditioning won't be an issue. Wrestlers are usually the best conditioned guys in the Octagon.
His experience on a big stage with the WWE will also help him with the anxiety, only in the sense that he won't be phased by being in the spotlight; however, what he can't prepare for anxiety-wise is the racing of the heart that accompanies someone trying to take your head off. No amount of friendly sparring can substitute for "bad intentions" fighting.

If Lesnar fights smart, he'll use his boxing lessons to learn to defend himself and close the distance and hopefully, he won't think he's Muhammed Ali after a year of hitting the mitts. If he takes the fight down, he's gonna be a nightmare and won't gas. But if he stands too much and takes a few shots, "Rich Franklin Panic Mode" may set in and then no amount of conditioning will help him.
BigNationRadio.com

nuyork143

• Getbig III
I disagree that Lesnar will gas. Guys usually gas for one of two reasons: (1) Lack of conditioning; or (2) Anxiety.

Lesnar's conditioning won't be an issue. Wrestlers are usually the best conditioned guys in the Octagon.
His experience on a big stage with the WWE will also help him with the anxiety, only in the sense that he won't be phased by being in the spotlight; however, what he can't prepare for anxiety-wise is the racing of the heart that accompanies someone trying to take your head off. No amount of friendly sparring can substitute for "bad intentions" fighting.

If Lesnar fights smart, he'll use his boxing lessons to learn to defend himself and close the distance and hopefully, he won't think he's Muhammed Ali after a year of hitting the mitts. If he takes the fight down, he's gonna be a nightmare and won't gas. But if he stands too much and takes a few shots, "Rich Franklin Panic Mode" may set in and then no amount of conditioning will help him.

Rich franklin panic mode.......Priceless!!!!!! ;D

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio

I don't know I don't see Brock being very good if a fight passes the second. I could be wrong because some of those wrestlers have hella long matches, but this shit is for real. I think Brock will be good till the middle of two. After that all that muscle will wear his ass down and he gases. IMO I guess we will see. I agree though if he trys to box I see it getting ugly as well. I think he will throw the overhand and shoot in for the double leg. He takes it to the ground holds his opponent to the ground and smashes him with hammer fists. If he does this I think he will win for sure at least his first two fights. You know Dana isn't gonna throw him to the wolves off the bat.

nuyork143

• Getbig III
I don't know I don't see Brock being very good if a fight passes the second. I could be wrong because some of those wrestlers have hella long matches, but this shit is for real. I think Brock will be good till the middle of two. After that all that muscle will wear his ass down and he gases. IMO I guess we will see. I agree though if he trys to box I see it getting ugly as well. I think he will throw the overhand and shoot in for the double leg. He takes it to the ground holds his opponent to the ground and smashes him with hammer fists. If he does this I think he will win for sure at least his first two fights. You know Dana isn't gonna throw him to the wolves off the bat.

I dont see him having much left after a decent pace in rd 1.  He caries alot of weight, and the WWE isnt the UFC.  I guess we'll see soon enough.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Unless he wanna go all rounds and leave it to the judges he need to finish the fights... so he need to have a wicked gnp to make that happen...
Z

nuyork143

• Getbig III
Unless he wanna go all rounds and leave it to the judges he need to finish the fights... so he need to have a wicked gnp to make that happen...

I just dont see him going very far for very long.  No longjevity (sp)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
I just dont see him going very far for very long.  No longjevity (sp)

then his gameplan would be very limited... there used to be a time when wrestlers was successful with gnp... but the question is if those days are not long gone
Z

Geo

• Getbig IV

His experience on a big stage with the WWE will also help him with the anxiety,

that part was kind of funny

20inch calves

• Getbig V
dana is an idiot.
irongearco.com

nuyork143

• Getbig III

Geo

• Getbig IV
I think dana's anything BUT an idiot,he's a shrewed businessman who's gonna make a shit load of money and the fighters that produce for him are gonna make probably more than they would doing anything else....

he may be a lot of things but he's certainly not an idiot

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
dana done some great stuff and ive told him personally, shaking his hand
Z

nuyork143

• Getbig III
I think dana's anything BUT an idiot,he's a shrewed businessman who's gonna make a shit load of money and the fighters that produce for him are gonna make probably more than they would doing anything else....

he may be a lot of things but he's certainly not an idiot

Never said he's and idiot, Ive said he's a DICK!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
dana done some great stuff and ive told him personally, shaking his hand

...and never washed it since!  :D
Z

nuyork143

• Getbig III
...and never washed it since!  :D

haha!