Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
July 28, 2014, 02:00:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pull-up Warmups?  (Read 664 times)
A2daMIR
Getbig III

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2007, 07:08:59 AM »

i keep reading BBs say they do chin-ups for warmup... well the average pro bodybuilder weighs around 250, is pulling up 250 of your body weight "WARM UP?"...

i can do the pull up stack for a good 10-15 reps, ( i think the machine has 20 pins), i start off with 6-7th pin for a warm up set, 12-13th pin for another warm up,  and then maybe jump into the regular set.

dont get me wrong i do chins and all, but that to me is like starting off the whole stack  as a warm up... comments?
Report to moderator   Logged
Honour
Getbig IV

She's with me!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 07:45:42 AM »

Yeah I don't weigh that much but I never start with chins, I tend to do 3 light sets of warmups on the Lat pulldown as a warmup to doing chins, I am adding 10 kgs atm as well and going up every week....but I could never just warm up on them I don't think. I love chins but they are just too hard for me personally to start off with Cool.
triple_pickle
Getbig IV

Pull Hard, Move Fast

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 08:05:39 AM »

i am a little bit above 220 and always start with pull ups.  first set 10 reps with bodyweight, second set 8 reps with a 25 lbs dumbbell, third set 6 reps with a 45 lbs dumbbell, last set 4-5 reps with a 65 lbs dumbbell.  i do pull downs at the end of my back workout.
powerpack
Getbig IV

Time to get Buck wild!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 08:41:22 AM »

I agree the first set of chins never quite feels right, doing your whole body weight cold.
But from number two onwards it gets going.
Zach Trowbridge
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 11:23:51 AM »

I do a light 20-rep pulldown set as well as a light barbell curl with just an olympic bar before starting chins.  Gets the blood moving in all the right places first.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.16 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!