Author Topic: THE BEST BREAKFAST IN THE WORLD  (Read 7451 times)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Re: THE BEST BREAKFAST IN THE WORLD
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2007, 03:37:10 PM »
that does sound good.  and easily prepared but i'm going to sprinkle some european cocoa on top at the table

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2007, 03:41:33 PM »
that does sound good.  and easily prepared but i'm going to sprinkle some european cocoa on top at the table

How about some fine Colombian Coca ? ;)

nuyork143

• Getbig III
  • Ill get inside your face...
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2007, 03:47:04 PM »

Hell yeah! ;D
Listen here SMALL BALLS!!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2007, 03:47:26 PM »

ha  

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2007, 03:50:36 PM »
You're wrong because 12 egg whites is more like 40g of protein, one cup of oatmeal is like 60g carb and 1/2 cup pineapple is about 25g carb. Plus, the only thing there with any fat is the oatmeal, which is about 3 grams. So the whole thing is ~500kcal.
no...your miscalculating.

in these two cases, your over estimating=
12 egg whites has 36 grams of protein. 1/2 cup pineapple has 10 grams of carbs.
but in this case, you are severly underestimating=
one cup OATS, not oatmeal, has 100 grams of carbs, 26 grams of protein, and 10 grams of fat.
(http://www.calorie-count.com/calories/item/20038.html)

nuyork143

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2007, 03:52:17 PM »
no...your miscalculating.

in these two cases, your over estimating=
12 egg whites has 36 grams of protein. 1/2 cup pineapple has 10 grams of carbs.
but in this case, you are severly underestimating=
one cup OATS, not oatmeal, has 10 grams of carbs, 26 grams of protein, and 10 grams of fat.
(http://www.calorie-count.com/calories/item/20038.html)

Before you know it we will be at carb/protein/fat free...Jesus!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2007, 03:54:32 PM »
my calorie total was correct. the breakfast has a little over 780 calories.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2007, 03:55:09 PM »
well i could probably eat 4 or 5 of those breakfasts. but thats not the point...the point is that one of them seems to be way too many calories to ingest at once.

i would like for milo's to weigh in on this..
of course you could. ::)

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2007, 04:02:54 PM »
oatmeal is so boring to eat. any tips would be great.
haha, Who said eating was ever supposed to be exciting? ;)  It's funny how some people can't eat bland.  I've eaten oatmeal every morning for years with eggs.  Just a few months ago, I started using salt on my eggs. 
I'm hardcore! ::)
N

nuyork143

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2007, 04:05:27 PM »
haha, Who said eating was ever supposed to be exciting? ;)

Emril LaGasse.......Bam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2007, 04:08:15 PM »
haha, Who said eating was ever supposed to be exciting? ;)  It's funny how some people can't eat bland.  I've eaten oatmeal every morning for years with eggs.  Just a few months ago, I started using salt on my eggs. 
yeah i agree. when dieting there really shouldnt be any need for taste. one can make diet foods taste good. but food selection should not be influenced in the sligthest by the foods base flavor.

some of my favorite flavors are actually diet-aids anways. sodium based zero calorie hot sauces, cayenne pepper, chili powder, salt&pepper

rick brophy

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2007, 04:09:00 PM »

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2007, 04:14:32 PM »
12 egg whites
1 cup dry oats
1/2 cup of pineapple chunks

Soak oats with either water, pineapple juice - than put in microwave for two minutes...

Use pam spray for frying pan - cook egg whites and when finished turn off the heat...than add cooked oatmeal and pineapple chunks and mix all together...Than add 1/2 or cup...(or more? if you wish) apple butter [that is my favorite...but you could use any kind of baby food...or jams...If limiting carbs - sprinkle EQUAL + Molly Mc Butter/optional]

I am not kidding - I have this 1000 mornings in matter of 3 calendar years...

Milos why would and idiot eat egg whites when a raw egg yolk contains the cholesterol you need for your natural steroid and hormone metabolism along with fat burning enzymes choline and lipase. you surely dont hypothesize that the white is more important, its only protien, why would you throw out the most important part?
A

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2007, 04:21:14 PM »
yeah i agree. when dieting there really shouldnt be any need for taste. one can make diet foods taste good. but food selection should not be influenced in the sligthest by the foods base flavor.

some of my favorite flavors are actually diet-aids anways. sodium based zero calorie hot sauces, cayenne pepper, chili powder, salt&pepper

LMAO

you can still eat healthy foods with flavour. I don't eat food that tastes like nothing. There is absolutely no purpose in me doing that.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2007, 04:27:18 PM »
You  people are not only dumb, but also totally clueless about cuisine.  You call that a breakfast?

Then you have the mindless, self-demented parrots chirping about how food needn`t taste special.

When is your ignorance going to subside and realize that you can eat anything you possibly desire and it will not matter?

When are you going to eat like a king instead of a peasant?  Most of you are peasantry I do suspect as evidenced by your food knowledge and choices.

nuyork143

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2007, 04:28:52 PM »
You  people are not only dumb, but also totally clueless about cuisine.  You call that a breakfast?

Then you have the mindless, self-demented parrots chirping about how food needn`t taste special.

When is your ignorance going to subside and realize that you can eat anything you possibly desire and it will not matter?

When are you going to eat like a king instead of a peasant?  Most of you are peasantry I do suspect as evidenced by your food knowledge and choices.

That being said post up some recipes....

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2007, 04:33:29 PM »
That being said post up some recipes....
Grilled Lamb Chops with Balsamic-Honey Glaze & Green Pea-Mint Sauce

Balsamic-Honey Glaze
½ cup aged balsamic vinegar
¼ cup honey
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Whisk together vinegar and honey in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.

Fresh Pea-Mint Sauce
2 cups frozen peas, thawed
2 jalapeno chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
¼ cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves
1/3-1/2 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper
Honey, to taste

Place the peas, jalapeno, vinegar, mint and a few tablespoons of water in a blender and blend until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the oil until emulsified, season with salt and pepper and honey to taste. If the mixture is too thick to pour, thin with a little water.

Grilled Baby Lamb Chops
12 (3-ounces each) baby lamb chops, Frenched
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

1. Heat grill to high or grill pan over high heat on your stove.
2. Brush chops on both sides with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place chops on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown and slightly charred. Turn over, brush with some of the balsamic-honey glaze and continue grilling for 1 minute longer for medium-rare doneness. Remove from the grill, brush with more of the glaze and let rest for 5 minutes. Spoon some of the sauce onto a large plate and top with 3 of the lamb chops.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2007, 04:34:57 PM »
Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Apple Caramel Sauce and Spiced Whipped Cream

Pumpkin Bread
Yields: 1 9-inch loaf

2 cups AP flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon ginger
½ teaspoon salt
1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
1 cup sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup toasted walnuts or pecans or cranberries, coarsely chopped

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch loaf pan with nonstick baking spray. Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt in a large bowl.
2. Whisk together pumpkin puree, sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla in separate large bowl until smooth. Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in the walnuts.
3. Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan and bake in the oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before unmolding onto a wire rack to cool for 1 hour. Slice the bread into 1-inch squares, place on a baking sheet and allow the bread to sit out at least 8 hours or overnight to get stale.

Pumpkin Custard
2 cups whole milk
2 cups heavy cream
¾ cup sugar
8 large egg yolks
½ cup canned pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon salt

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Combine the milk, cream and ¼ cup of the sugar in a large saucepan and bring to a simmer.
2. Whisk together the eggs, remaining sugar, pumpkin puree, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt until in a large bowl until combined. Slowly whisk in the warm milk mixture. Add the stale pumpkin bread and stir to coat. Let the bread sit in the mixture for 10 minutes until most of the liquid is absorbed. Transfer the mixture to a large buttered 4 quart deep dish baking dish. Place the baking dish into a large roasting pan and pour hot tap water halfway up the sides. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until slightly puffed around the edges but not quite set in the center. Remove from the oven and let cool on a baking rack for at least 2 hours. Serve warm or at room temperature in bowls topped with the caramel sauce and a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.

Apple Caramel Sauce
2 cups sugar
½ cup water
¾ cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons apple brandy (such as Calvados) or ¼ cup apple cider

Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan over high heat. Cook until the sugar has dissolved and turned a deep amber color, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the cream and apple brandy. Return to the stove over high heat and cook until combines, about 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl and keep warm.

Spiced Whipped Cream
1 ½ cups cold heavy cream
2 tablespoons sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg

Using a hand-held mixer, mix together the cream, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl until soft peaks form.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2007, 04:37:11 PM »
Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe courtesy Tyler Florence

Extra-virgin olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, smashed
2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh parsley leaves
1 cup milk
4 thick slices firm white bread, crust removed
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 1/2 pounds ground pork
1 large egg
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for serving
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 cups heated Pomodoro Sauce, recipe follows, or good quality jarred tomato sauce
1/2 pound mozzarella cheese, cut into chunks
Leaves from 3 sprigs fresh basil
1 pound spaghetti

Bring a big pot of salted water to a boil for the spaghetti. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and parsley and cook until the vegetables are soft but still translucent, about 10 minutes. Take the pan off the heat and let cool.

Pour enough milk over the bread in a bowl to moisten and let it soak while the onions are cooling. Combine the meats in a large bowl. Add the egg and Parmigiano and season generously with salt and pepper. Use your hands to squeeze the excess milk out of the bread and add that to the bowl along with the cooled onion mixture. (Hang onto the pan - you'll need it to cook the meatballs.) Gently combine all the ingredients with your hands or with a spoon until just mixed together. Don't overwork or the meatballs will be tough. Divide into 10 equal pieces and shape them into 10 nice looking meatballs.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat a 3-count of oil in the frying pan over medium heat and brown the meatballs on all sides, about 10 minutes. Put them into a baking dish and spoon about half of the tomato sauce over. Shower with the mozzarella and drizzle with olive oil. Put the meatballs in the oven and bake until the meatballs are cooked through, about 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in the boiling water until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and put it onto a large serving platter. Pour on the rest of the sauce and mix well. Spoon the meatballs on top of the spaghetti and garnish with basil leaves. Serve immediately along with extra cheese.

Pomodoro Sauce:
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 (28-ounce) cans whole peeled San Marzano tomatoes, drained and crushed by hand, liquid reserved
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces

Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the vegetables are soft, 4 to 5 minutes. Carefully add the tomatoes (nothing splashes like tomatoes) and about 1/2 cup of the reserved liquid and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the sauce is thick, about 15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring for a few minutes with a wooden spoon to further break up the tomatoes. Reduce the heat and let simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Stir in the fresh basil and season again.
Yield: 4 cups

nuyork143

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2007, 04:39:32 PM »
Printed, 'preciate it!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2007, 04:40:29 PM »
MY PERSONAL FAVORITE!!!  HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

la bete noire "The Black Beast"

This phenomenal take on a classic flourless chocolate cake lives up to its translation, 'The Black Beast."

Servings: Makes 16 servings.

Ingredients
Cake:
1 cup water
3/4 cup sugar

9 tablespoons (1 stick plus 1 tablespoon) unsalted butter, diced
18 ounces bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate, chopped 6 large eggs

Ganache:
1 cup heavy whipping cream
8 ounces bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate, chopped

Lightly sweetened whipped cream
PreparationFor cake:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 10-inch-diameter springform pan. Line bottom of pan with parchment round; butter parchment. Wrap 3 layers of heavy-duty foil around outside of pan, bringing foil to top of rim. Combine 1 cup water and sugar in small saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat.

Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat. Add chocolate and whisk until smooth. Whisk sugar syrup into chocolate; cool slightly. Add eggs to chocolate mixture and whisk until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan. Place cake pan in large roasting pan. Add enough hot water to roasting pan to come halfway up sides of cake pan.

Bake cake until center no longer moves when pan is gently shaken, about 50 minutes. Remove from water bath; transfer to rack. Cool completely in pan.

For ganache:
Bring whipping cream to simmer in small saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat. Add chocolate and whisk until smooth. Pour over top of cake still in pan. Gently shake pan to distribute ganache evenly over top of cake. Refrigerate cake in pan until ganache is set, about 2 hours. DO AHEAD: Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.

Run knife around pan sides to loosen cake; release sides. Cut cake into wedges and serve with whipped cream.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2007, 04:43:05 PM »
you cook this stuff yourself?

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2007, 04:48:59 PM »
Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe courtesy Tyler Florence

Extra-virgin olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, smashed
2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh parsley leaves
1 cup milk
4 thick slices firm white bread, crust removed
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 1/2 pounds ground pork
1 large egg
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for serving
4 cups heated Pomodoro Sauce, recipe follows, or good quality jarred tomato sauce
1/2 pound mozzarella cheese, cut into chunks
Leaves from 3 sprigs fresh basil
1 pound spaghetti

Bring a big pot of salted water to a boil for the spaghetti. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and parsley and cook until the vegetables are soft but still translucent, about 10 minutes. Take the pan off the heat and let cool.

Pour enough milk over the bread in a bowl to moisten and let it soak while the onions are cooling. Combine the meats in a large bowl. Add the egg and Parmigiano and season generously with salt and pepper. Use your hands to squeeze the excess milk out of the bread and add that to the bowl along with the cooled onion mixture. (Hang onto the pan - you'll need it to cook the meatballs.) Gently combine all the ingredients with your hands or with a spoon until just mixed together. Don't overwork or the meatballs will be tough. Divide into 10 equal pieces and shape them into 10 nice looking meatballs.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat a 3-count of oil in the frying pan over medium heat and brown the meatballs on all sides, about 10 minutes. Put them into a baking dish and spoon about half of the tomato sauce over. Shower with the mozzarella and drizzle with olive oil. Put the meatballs in the oven and bake until the meatballs are cooked through, about 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in the boiling water until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and put it onto a large serving platter. Pour on the rest of the sauce and mix well. Spoon the meatballs on top of the spaghetti and garnish with basil leaves. Serve immediately along with extra cheese.

Pomodoro Sauce:
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 (28-ounce) cans whole peeled San Marzano tomatoes, drained and crushed by hand, liquid reserved
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces

Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the vegetables are soft, 4 to 5 minutes. Carefully add the tomatoes (nothing splashes like tomatoes) and about 1/2 cup of the reserved liquid and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the sauce is thick, about 15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring for a few minutes with a wooden spoon to further break up the tomatoes. Reduce the heat and let simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Stir in the fresh basil and season again.
Yield: 4 cups

This has got to be your best post so far.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2007, 04:50:36 PM »
you cook this stuff yourself?
Jezebelle and I do. Yes.

Everyday. We are making crab cakes tonight.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2007, 04:55:07 PM »
Jezebelle and I do. Yes.

Everyday. We are making crab cakes tonight.

What happend to your McDonald Diet bro?