Author Topic: DORIAN YATES TRANSFORMATION  (Read 10862 times)

tomgreynolds

• Getbig II
DORIAN YATES TRANSFORMATION
« on: November 08, 2007, 07:56:45 PM »

Unbelievable

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
Re: DORIAN YATES TRANSFORMATION
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 08:11:05 PM »
Unmatched Focus, Determination, Intensity and CONSISTENCY. As he would probably say, pure Blood and Guts!

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 08:12:57 PM »
His face looks like its been made over with a meat tenderizer.

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 08:17:39 PM »
He discovered Insulin and HGH if it was not a comparison i would find it hard to see if it was the same person.

Please correct me if im wrong was it Dan Duchaine and Dorian who first discovered insulin.
Arnold For President 2012.2016

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 08:18:41 PM »
I wonder how far he could have taken his body no just "Blood and Guts", no gear. ::)  I love these "warriors".
N

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 08:22:17 PM »
I wonder how far he could have taken his body no just "Blood and Guts", no gear. ::)  I love these "warriors".

Regardless of the gear, he took his body farther than anyone else in his time.

You have to compare apples to apples ;)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 08:30:21 PM »

Please correct me if im wrong was it Dan Duchaine and Dorian who first discovered insulin.
Yes these guys discovered insulin and then the medical community took notice and started treating diabetics with it.

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 08:36:02 PM »
Yes these guys discovered insulin and then the medical community took notice and started treating diabetics with it.

Van, I'm a big fan of yours! Love your posts!! But this time our little fella clearly meant 'discovered the anabolic effects of insulin for bb purposes'. No?
Reservations at Dorsia ?

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 08:47:27 PM »
The greatest of all-time. NOBODY trained harder and there was never a more intellectual bodybuilder than Dorian. Listening to Dorian speak is a delight compared to other bumbling bodybuilders.

The proof of Yates greatness and the supremacy of his training style? 9 years from picking up a weight to becoming Mr. Olympia  ;)
Team Yates

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 08:55:19 PM »
The greatest of all-time. NOBODY trained harder and there was never a more intellectual bodybuilder than Dorian. Listening to Dorian speak is a delight compared to other bumbling bodybuilders.

The proof of Yates greatness and the supremacy of his training style? 9 years from picking up a weight to becoming Mr. Olympia  ;)

That was exactly my feeling after watching the tapes of 92 and 93 Olympia back then!
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 09:00:33 PM »
problem is, dorian's track record of injuries does not speak well for his training style.

I mean, early on in his career he suffered a major biceps tear from training too heavy pre-contest.

sorry, but as far as training style goes, his philosophy while effective, backfired early.

Flower Boy Ran Away

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 09:04:21 PM »
Van, I'm a big fan of yours! Love your posts!! But this time our little fella clearly meant 'discovered the anabolic effects of insulin for bb purposes'. No?
Thanks for the clafrication.
Arnold For President 2012.2016

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 09:06:59 PM »
problem is, dorian's track record of injuries does not speak well for his training style.

I mean, early on in his career he suffered a major biceps tear from training too heavy pre-contest.

sorry, but as far as training style goes, his philosophy while effective, backfired early.

I was wondering how many posts it would take before you show up with your remarks... ::)
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 09:14:39 PM »
I was wondering how many posts it would take before you show up with your remarks... ::)

its called being smart.

how can we praise a man's training style when his training style tore the shit out of him his whole damn career?

::)

sorry, but that makes no sense at all.
Flower Boy Ran Away

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2007, 09:23:34 PM »

Gotta agree with ya Hulkster on this one. For the most part his training transformed his body, for the better, but in the end it all went in reverse. Too many injuries and tears, all due to his training style.
No doubt about it...

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2007, 09:25:40 PM »
Thank you.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2007, 09:28:06 PM »
Yates was a monster

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2007, 09:31:07 PM »
Gotta agree with ya Hulkster on this one. For the most part his training transformed his body, for the better, but in the end it all went in reverse. Too many injuries and tears, all due to his training style.
More like he had poor connective tissue integrity, or whatever you'd want to call it. His training was very strict and cautious compared to many other pros. Not at all ballistic and sloppy like Ronnie's for example. Many pros exceeded his training loads. He was just unlucky, probably due to genetics mostly.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2007, 09:37:48 PM »
Of course. Maybe you could say someone popularized it. I'm sure it was experimented with decades before Duchaine and Yates.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2007, 09:40:36 PM »
More like he had poor connective tissue integrity, or whatever you'd want to call it. His training was very strict and cautious compared to many other pros. Not at all ballistic and sloppy like Ronnie's for example. Many pros exceeded his training loads. He was just unlucky, probably due to genetics mostly.

Could be. Hard to tell. All we know is that at the end of his career, Dorian was literally torn to shit. Whether it was due to genetics or training, it was a shame. He was, obviously, a great bb'er.
No doubt about it...

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2007, 09:45:40 PM »
Could be. Hard to tell. All we know is that at the end of his career, Dorian was literally torn to shit. Whether it was due to genetics or training, it was a shame. He was, obviously, a great bb'er.
Well, his training obviously caused his muscle tears. But the point is that some get away with much 'worse' training.

He had a great run regardless and had he not pushed the limit he would probably never have been a Mr O. Six time Mr O, even if some were questionable, is an incredible accomplishment.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2007, 09:49:40 PM »
Well, his training obviously caused his muscle tears. But the point is that some get away with much 'worse' training.

He had a great run regardless and had he not pushed the limit he would probably never have been a Mr O. Six time Mr O, even if some were questionable, is an incredible accomplishment.

So true. Good Post !

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2007, 09:51:27 PM »

Unbelievable

1985 = Hope

1995 = Glory ( ::))

2015 = Death
HAHA, RON.....

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2007, 09:56:00 PM »

;D ;D ;D

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2007, 10:13:02 PM »
1985 = Hope

1995 = Glory ( ::))

2015 = Death

::) ::)
Don't think so
No doubt about it...