Author Topic: Who was the most hardcore, hardcore bodybuilder?  (Read 8389 times)

davidpaul

• Getbig V
Re: Who was the most hardcore, hardcore bodybuilder?
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2007, 01:51:37 PM »
This one is easy....the definition of HARDCORE

whos that?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2007, 01:54:02 PM »
if by hardcore you mean "dedicated to the lifestyle"...i know that both kamali and cutler live the bb lifestyle all day every day pretty much year round.  kamali just has shitty genetics. 9well, jay does too, but he gets freaky big, so he can win... unlike kamali; who just does the best with his limited potential.)

i would have loved to have seen what a guy like flex  or cormier could have done had they lived like cutler and kamali..(im sure there are other pro bb'ers out there that live the "lifestyle" 100% too, theses two are just the only ones i know of that do.)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2007, 01:57:59 PM »
dude are you serious...it dont get more hardcore than this

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2007, 02:06:31 PM »
I once trained with my girlfriend while she was on the rag.don't get no more hardcore than that. >:(

whos that?

Dreamer is the rag.

The Onion

• Getbig III
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2007, 02:28:30 PM »
tough call

either steve michalik

Michalik and Platz were crazy.

Platz doing leg extensions.

Platz being very strange at the end of this clip.

Is it John Defendis who wrote this? Does anyone know?
When Michalik trained, the fires of hell burned in his eyes. The man was an animal. I lived each waking moment anticipating the ass kickin' workouts that lay ahead that day and wondering how in hell I would be able to overcome them. I lived by a quote from Friedrich Nietzsche: "That which will not kill you will only make you stronger."

Surviving The Workouts

The key was to figure out how to survive and even thrive and grow on these workouts. It wasn't easy at first, but I was determined not to quit. I wanted to win the U.S.A. and claim a spot in the record books. I was not looking to be fit. I wanted to be the best. If you want to be a champion you have to make sacrifices. Michalik was not only a champion but he was the Vince Lombardi of bodybuilding. Win at any cost. Winning meant everything. He would always say, "Train beyond the pain... and death is your only release!"

It was a hot sunny day in the summer of 1979 and we just finished a brutal 55-set leg workout. Yes, that's right. 55 sets. It may sound stupid today and you may think that it was overtraining but at 20 years old, I was sporting 28 1/2" ripped-to-the-bone quads. Big, thick, muscular thighs at a time when Bill Phillips probably couldn't even pronounce the word "creatine" and way before I ever heard the words "growth hormone." Makes you think about training harder in the present era of IGF-1, insulin, and growth hormone.

Anyway, the freak Steve Michalik invited me to catch some rays at the beach in preparation for the upcoming U.S.A. On the way to the beach I kept asking Michalik what it was going to take for me to win the USA Championships. What would I have to do and what sacrifices had to be made beyond the ones that I was already making?

Steve was quiet. He just kept looking out the window but refused to mutter a word. A short time later we arrived at Jones Beach, dropped our towels on the sand, and proceeded towards the water. When we were out far enough for the water to cover my head, Steve grabbed me and aggressively shoved me under the surf. I managed to surface for a moment. I gagged, coughed, and was shoved under again.

Michalik would allow me to come up for one breath, and then proceed to shove me under again and again. I frantically kicked and fought until I finally grew weak and went limp. Michalik dragged me from the water and threw me on the beach. As I spit up water and tried to catch a breath, he started yelling like a madman. "Tell me how it felt to have one breath... How bad did you want that little breath of air? When you want to win as bad as you wanted that one breath of air, then come back and see me. That's what it will take for you to be the best!"

That day marked a hiatus that lasted for the next three years: Michalik as the demanding mentor, and I was the willing punching bag. Day after day and week after week I started to grow bigger and better. The workouts were unbelievable. Michalik taught more than training though; he instilled in me a will to win that was almost supernatural.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2007, 10:09:20 PM »
Benny Podda was quite extreme. The following is from t-nation

In the November 2004 issue of Men's Fitness (yes, I know, but was suckered into a 2 year subscription and was before I met T-Nation) there is an article about one crazy mo-fo named Benny Podda.

IMO, he's a T-Man to the extreme and should be recognized and not be constrained to a 3 page article (pgs. 91, 92, 144) in Men's Fitness of all places. The artice the only source of information I found on Podda. I don't have an URL, only the magizine in front of me.

A bit about Podda:

-Born outside of Pittsburg in 1957.

-Fullback and linebacker on H.S. football team.

-Was pretty much a street thug: 'hired himself out as muscle to wiseguys'(p.92) and 'got shot while robbing a pharmacy for painkillers, armed not with a gun like a normal crook but with a bow and arrow'(92).

-Attended University of Richmond in Virginia but was expelled for being "insane". Returned home to start bodybuilding.

-Studied Eastern philosophies and Genghis Khan's philosohy on physical training.
"His warriors learned how to turn themelves inside out to project their inner power like lightning...

You know that feeling when you're blowing your load? Insted of letting that out, you reverse that whole thing. It feels like your body is on fucking FIRE! I lift weights with that [energy] coursing through my body and my fucking testosterone a thousand-times normal - 'cause I just fucked myself...See? That's why I can hang 220 pounds from my fuckin' nuts" says Podda.

-'Fueled by the visualization techniques of Eastern philosophies and herbal concoctions he made and drank from root-filled mayonnaise jars, Benny trained like a human wrecking ball.'(92)

- Won the National Physique Committe USA Bodybuilding in 1983. "I hated competition" he says, "I loved the dicipline of training for it, and I loved partying after it, but I never dug the sport or considered myself a bodybuilder."

-'Benny amazed audiences with the intensity and ferosity of his posing style...But his masterpie cecame at the end of a contest in Newark, NJ. He hung himself from the rafters and dangled motionless from the noose with his eyes closed. For five minuted people watched in silence, bewildered. Suddenly, he bugged out his eyes, gave everyone the finger, and walked out the back door.' (92)

-Went to the west coast and became a trainer.

-Met Chuck Norris in the gym one day. "I didn't know who the fuck he was and didn't give a fuck...They took me to his house and we hit it off because I pounded the guy.

I yelled at him 'Kick me in the fucking chest as hard as you can!' He's like, 'No, I shouldn't.' So, I berated the fucker until he did it - and didn't even budge when he did" says Podda.

-Quit his NFL training shop and headed to the mountains, only coming back to civilization for surival money.

-Now, lives in a cave (a "vaginal oriface"), has a rock pillow, drinks an herbal concoction every three hours, and eats buffalo meat, organic eggs, and homegrown veggies.

-'He flagellates his body with a large metal stick that has 180 spokes. He can spurt blood from his nose at will. He swings 220 pounds of weights from his testicles to see how much pain he can endure. And yet, unhinged though he may seem, Benny Podda is saner than you are.' (pg. 91)

-He stands at 5'6" 215 pounds.
V

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2007, 12:21:28 AM »
Michalik and Platz were crazy.

Platz doing leg extensions.

Platz being very strange at the end of this clip.

Is it John Defendis who wrote this? Does anyone know?

platz and defendis were my guesses for hardcore training. that was written by defendis. he called his training "intensity or insanity training. both he and platz would squat until their traps were bleeding from holding the bar.

rik

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2007, 12:33:56 AM »
one of those guys gave his shirt to onlyme so he could wear it at the Olympia weekend.

See if you were David you would have know you gave me this shirt

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2007, 12:37:55 AM »
Benny was training people at Ray Mentzers gym.  He knew everything you could possibly know about eggs.  He was very loud and obnoxious.  He went on stage down in San Diego at a contest in a wolfs head and got arreested or something like that

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2007, 01:22:56 AM »
Benny Podda was quite extreme. The following is from t-nation

In the November 2004 issue of Men's Fitness (yes, I know, but was suckered into a 2 year subscription and was before I met T-Nation) there is an article about one crazy mo-fo named Benny Podda.

IMO, he's a T-Man to the extreme and should be recognized and not be constrained to a 3 page article (pgs. 91, 92, 144) in Men's Fitness of all places. The artice the only source of information I found on Podda. I don't have an URL, only the magizine in front of me.

A bit about Podda:

-Born outside of Pittsburg in 1957.

-Fullback and linebacker on H.S. football team.

-Was pretty much a street thug: 'hired himself out as muscle to wiseguys'(p.92) and 'got shot while robbing a pharmacy for painkillers, armed not with a gun like a normal crook but with a bow and arrow'(92).

-Attended University of Richmond in Virginia but was expelled for being "insane". Returned home to start bodybuilding.

-Studied Eastern philosophies and Genghis Khan's philosohy on physical training.
"His warriors learned how to turn themelves inside out to project their inner power like lightning...

You know that feeling when you're blowing your load? Insted of letting that out, you reverse that whole thing. It feels like your body is on fucking FIRE! I lift weights with that [energy] coursing through my body and my fucking testosterone a thousand-times normal - 'cause I just fucked myself...See? That's why I can hang 220 pounds from my fuckin' nuts" says Podda.

-'Fueled by the visualization techniques of Eastern philosophies and herbal concoctions he made and drank from root-filled mayonnaise jars, Benny trained like a human wrecking ball.'(92)

- Won the National Physique Committe USA Bodybuilding in 1983. "I hated competition" he says, "I loved the dicipline of training for it, and I loved partying after it, but I never dug the sport or considered myself a bodybuilder."

-'Benny amazed audiences with the intensity and ferosity of his posing style...But his masterpie cecame at the end of a contest in Newark, NJ. He hung himself from the rafters and dangled motionless from the noose with his eyes closed. For five minuted people watched in silence, bewildered. Suddenly, he bugged out his eyes, gave everyone the finger, and walked out the back door.' (92)

-Went to the west coast and became a trainer.

-Met Chuck Norris in the gym one day. "I didn't know who the fuck he was and didn't give a fuck...They took me to his house and we hit it off because I pounded the guy.

I yelled at him 'Kick me in the fucking chest as hard as you can!' He's like, 'No, I shouldn't.' So, I berated the fucker until he did it - and didn't even budge when he did" says Podda.

-Quit his NFL training shop and headed to the mountains, only coming back to civilization for surival money.

-Now, lives in a cave (a "vaginal oriface"), has a rock pillow, drinks an herbal concoction every three hours, and eats buffalo meat, organic eggs, and homegrown veggies.

-'He flagellates his body with a large metal stick that has 180 spokes. He can spurt blood from his nose at will. He swings 220 pounds of weights from his testicles to see how much pain he can endure. And yet, unhinged though he may seem, Benny Podda is saner than you are.' (pg. 91)

-He stands at 5'6" 215 pounds.

.....and than he bought his first pair of pink posing trunks.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2007, 01:27:56 AM »
I'll go with Platz....but these other 2 guys are hardcore as well....

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2007, 04:11:50 AM »
See if you were David you would have know you gave me this shirt

is that a poncho your wearing?

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2007, 04:13:54 AM »
is that a poncho your wearing?

I thought it was a blouse?

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2007, 08:54:52 AM »
Eddie Robinson

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2007, 04:42:33 AM »
andreas munzer