Author Topic: NPC Nationals: Alex A 5 days out!  (Read 30073 times)

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
Re: NPC Nationals: Alex A 5 days out!
« Reply #225 on: November 13, 2007, 01:27:17 PM »
are you inferring that Jeff maay be hiiting the pipe yet again, Mike?

Yeah that's what he's inferring. 

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #226 on: November 13, 2007, 01:29:20 PM »
Yeah that's what he's inferring. 

Actually no...................... .(everyone makes mistakes,the drug talk is old,let's move on shall we)

your an intelligent guy McJeff........use it to help people (not to "mind-fuck" them)

as you once told me "your better than that"

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #227 on: November 13, 2007, 01:49:28 PM »
Actually no...................... .(everyone makes mistakes,the drug talk is old,let's move on shall we)

your an intelligent guy McJeff........use it to help people (not to "mind-fuck" them)

as you once told me "your better than that"

Mike maybe I made too light of it, but I just don't agree with that "take all" mentality going into a show.  Now that might work with a superheavy trying to produce lightheavy or heavyweight conditioning, but IMO, Alex should be focused on HIS competition, not the other weight classes.  I think that getting it in his head that anything less than an overall would be failure, would be a mistake.  It would get overwhelming.  There's only so much conditioning can do to topple size.  There will be guys in the higher weight classes that will be pretty damn hard...not Alex hard, but pretty hard...and when they've got 70-100 pounds on Alex...well, you get the idea.  Alex has stated many times that his aim is to be the best lightweight he can be.  Alex wants what is his.  I doubt that neither Alex's frame, or his lifestyle, or his being a family man are very conducive to his becoming a mass monster.  It's pretty possible that right now the only person on earth Alex would like to be is himself.  Look at all he has; look at his attitude; look at his know-how and mastery of this chosen endeavor that he is exhibiting.  Alex has set himself up here to make a real name for himself in the sport that he loves, without all the IFBB size that alot of people think is necessary to excel and get alot of respect in the industry.

Anyway, I'm digressing...but I'm sorry if you feel I've been "talking down" to other Getbig members that didn't deserve it; I've never intended to come off that way.     

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #228 on: November 13, 2007, 01:56:40 PM »
Mike maybe I made too light of it, but I just don't agree with that "take all" mentality going into a show.  Now that might work with a superheavy trying to produce lightheavy or heavyweight conditioning, but IMO, Alex should be focused on HIS competition, not the other weight classes.  I think that getting it in his head that anything less than an overall would be failure, would be a mistake.  It would get overwhelming.  There's only so much conditioning can do to topple size.  There will be guys in the higher weight classes that will be pretty damn hard...not Alex hard, but pretty hard...and when they've got 70-100 pounds on Alex...well, you get the idea.  Alex has stated many times that his aim is to be the best lightweight he can be.  Alex wants what is his.  I doubt that neither Alex's frame, or his lifestyle, or his being a family man are very conducive to his becoming a mass monster.  It's pretty possible that right now the only person on earth Alex would like to be is himself.  Look at all he has; look at his attitude; look at his know-how and mastery of this chosen endeavor that he is exhibiting.  Alex has set himself up here to make a real name for himself in the sport that he loves, without all the IFBB size that alot of people think is necessary to excel and get alot of respect in the industry.

Anyway, I'm digressing...but I'm sorry if you feel I've been "talking down" to other Getbig members that didn't deserve it; I've never intended to come off that way.     

Fair enough Jeff (i just want the best for Alex),and yes i realize i do get a bit "carried away"

i admire both Alex;s physique and his character

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #229 on: November 13, 2007, 02:09:46 PM »
Fair enough Jeff (i just want the best for Alex),and yes i realize i do get a bit "carried away"

i admire both Alex;s physique and his character

Cool Mike, realize also that I'm trying to keep the flames off Alex and as soon as he or anyone else starts trying to make a strong case for him potentially winning the overall, there would be an immediate 10-20 responses highlighting various reasons that he most likely will not...which will inevitably involve some flaming.  Getbig PR 101!   ;)

Stavios

« Reply #230 on: November 13, 2007, 02:21:32 PM »
what's up with Big Mike and McJeff

both are cool guys in my book

you should bury the hatchet gentlemen  8)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #231 on: November 13, 2007, 02:28:11 PM »
what's up with Big Mike and McJeff

both are cool guys in my book

you should bury the hatchet gentlemen  8)

consider it buried!!

(and no im not going to say "in Jeff's head" !)
                                                                                                                ;D

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #232 on: November 13, 2007, 02:31:02 PM »
consider it buried!!

(and no im not going to say "in Jeff's head" !)
                                                                                                                ;D

I meant what I said about Laura's highlights too, for what it's worth.   ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #233 on: November 13, 2007, 06:01:08 PM »
I`m sure Alex trains to win......who doesn`t?

Whether or not he can win the overall title or not,who knows at this point as we haven`t seen too many of the other competitors?

One things for sure,he will be a force in his class and it is possible to pull off a "Marvin Ward",just ask Marvin!  :)

Finish strong Alex !!!!

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #234 on: November 13, 2007, 06:07:02 PM »
i wish alex the best. the guy is great and deserves the win
irongearco.com

rockedupmotha

• Getbig II
« Reply #235 on: November 13, 2007, 07:14:29 PM »
Alex best of luck to you, though you probably won't need it, i just wanna know how you get so dry, must require some kind of sodium loading trick???, water depletion, shit ton of cardio???? i'm at a loss for words, any tips, this is me like a week or 2 out last year

El Borracho Blake

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #236 on: November 13, 2007, 07:16:58 PM »
Not bad "rockedupmotha", you look pretty good. You look like a "little" guy though, how tall are you?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #237 on: November 13, 2007, 09:10:06 PM »
Im sleeping at home for the last night for a couple days. Hopefully history will repeat itself for me and I will come back come a class winner. Im so excited to know, one thing......I have done what i set out to do. And I did it good! I think. I did not cut corners. I did not make excuses.

I did not avoid tough exercises, training, cardio, meticulous dieting. I did not slack off. Not one fuckin bit. Not during my 16 week prep or my entire off season. I made each workout count!  Each day I drive to the gym, I think about training. I want to be there. I dont train because Im supposed to.  I train, because I like to, I want to. I have to!  This is it.  Shows are won in the off season. And I had a hell of a off season.

Dieted all year for this baby. Like i said, it was fun though. I was on a mission and here I am. Soon to board the plane. So damn excited, a little scared of course but shit, I shouldnt be. Going alone, heck, this is a loners sport anyways.  What can I say. Im going to do the damn best I can. Hope its enough. One way or another. I am not at my peak. No offense to some, but some guys get worse with each passing year. Their best days are behind them, they used to be this, they used to be that.  They used to be good. Im sure.  But crap, what about now.  Bodybuilding is a not an instant gratification sport, it takes time. I havnt been around that long, but i have been competing for six years straight, 2 shows a year. No breaks or layoffs. Thats not that long but I have never given up and I think I have gotten better each time. But like I said, my best is yet to come. My conditioning is somthing Im really proud of.  I wont sacrifice that for size ever. I rather be small and hard than big and soft. Im gonng gradually put some size on, and if I dont, screw it, oh well, I can always take my shirt off all year and be proud. I think conditioning and what it takes to get conditioned is what bodybuilding is all about.

To me, its not about big smooth muscles but dense, hard, quality to your muscle with separation and dryness. Thats just what I like, and of coure that is what Im striving for. So, maybe Ive done enough this time, maybe not, maybe I did too much and overtrained. Maybe not, I think i did just enough. I feel ready.  I hope its enough!  thanks guys, and atleast I tried my hardest!  peace out!
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #238 on: November 13, 2007, 09:13:33 PM »
just curious alex do u have a sponsor??

And if you dont why not!!!!!!! These supplements companies must be crazy not to support someone like yourself.

Best of luck this weekend.

Hopefully when i get online saturday night you'll have your pro card. Enjoy Dallas and take care.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #239 on: November 13, 2007, 09:15:43 PM »
Alex A, seriously, I'm not going to read all that shit man. :-\

You look awesome, excellent condition, the best I've ever seen. Dry as a bone, bro. You should do very well in your show.

Good luck to you.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #240 on: November 13, 2007, 09:25:13 PM »
Im sleeping at home for the last night for a couple days. Hopefully history will repeat itself for me and I will come back come a class winner. Im so excited to know, one thing......I have done what i set out to do. And I did it good! I think. I did not cut corners. I did not make excuses.

I did not avoid tough exercises, training, cardio, meticulous dieting. I did not slack off. Not one fuckin bit. Not during my 16 week prep or my entire off season. I made each workout count!  Each day I drive to the gym, I think about training. I want to be there. I dont train because Im supposed to.  I train, because I like to, I want to. I have to!  This is it.  Shows are won in the off season. And I had a hell of a off season.

Dieted all year for this baby. Like i said, it was fun though. I was on a mission and here I am. Soon to board the plane. So damn excited, a little scared of course but shit, I shouldnt be. Going alone, heck, this is a loners sport anyways.  What can I say. Im going to do the damn best I can. Hope its enough. One way or another. I am not at my peak. No offense to some, but some guys get worse with each passing year. Their best days are behind them, they used to be this, they used to be that.  They used to be good. Im sure.  But crap, what about now.  Bodybuilding is a not an instant gratification sport, it takes time. I havnt been around that long, but i have been competing for six years straight, 2 shows a year. No breaks or layoffs. Thats not that long but I have never given up and I think I have gotten better each time. But like I said, my best is yet to come. My conditioning is somthing Im really proud of.  I wont sacrifice that for size ever. I rather be small and hard than big and soft. Im gonng gradually put some size on, and if I dont, screw it, oh well, I can always take my shirt off all year and be proud. I think conditioning and what it takes to get conditioned is what bodybuilding is all about.

To me, its not about big smooth muscles but dense, hard, quality to your muscle with separation and dryness. Thats just what I like, and of coure that is what Im striving for. So, maybe Ive done enough this time, maybe not, maybe I did too much and overtrained. Maybe not, I think i did just enough. I feel ready.  I hope its enough!  thanks guys, and atleast I tried my hardest!  peace out!

I think you actually could sustain this indefinitely at this point.  I wonder if most people reach that point before turning IFBB pro.   

...and the road becomes my bride
I have stripped of all but pride
So in her I do confide
And she keeps me satisfied
Gives me all I need!

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #241 on: November 13, 2007, 09:27:24 PM »
I think you actually could sustain this indefinitely at this point.  I wonder if most people reach that point before turning IFBB pro.   

...and the road becomes my bride
I have stripped of all but pride
So in her I do confide
And she keeps me satisfied
Gives me all I need!

Metallica.......
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #242 on: November 13, 2007, 09:28:16 PM »
Alex A, seriously, I'm not going to read all that shit man. :-\

You look awesome, excellent condition, the best I've ever seen. Dry as a bone, bro. You should do very well in your show.

Good luck to you.

It's the best internet you'll see tonight, bro.  

Weez

• Getbig III
  • stronger than dirt
« Reply #243 on: November 14, 2007, 12:54:07 AM »
At that taudry auditorium in Dallas, you can hear it. From about 50 yards past the parking garage. First it's a muffled cadence of unison voices, but as you get closer to the venue, the cadence is reaching the volume level of intense thunder, and ultimately, as you walk in the door, a deafening roar.  ALEX   ALEX   ALEX   

Good luck
Cam ad mi

rockedupmotha

• Getbig II
« Reply #244 on: November 14, 2007, 05:12:23 AM »
Not bad "rockedupmotha", you look pretty good. You look like a "little" guy though, how tall are you?
5'7" 160.2lbs and with a 7 point caliper test somewhere in the neighborhood or 2.8%m body comp
El Borracho Blake

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #245 on: November 14, 2007, 05:29:32 AM »

nicely expressed alex...good luck and best wishes!

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: November 14, 2007, 05:54:23 AM »
I meant what I said about Laura's highlights too, for what it's worth.   ;D
Thanks McFarland  :)
:D Weee