Author Topic: NPC Nationals Prejudging Pics Are Up!  (Read 10971 times)

• Getbig IV
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2007, 10:10:15 PM »

The Coach

Re: NPC Nationals Prejudging Pics Are Up!
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2007, 10:11:06 PM »
I'm only going if I know for sure you're gonna be in shape!    :o

;)

Ha, you can bet on it :D!!

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2007, 10:27:09 PM »
I say BW-Candy, Lw-Parcheco#137, MW-Raymond, LHW-Peter Or Dixon, HW-Cherry, SHW-Evan.  Peter looks alot better here than in the USA.  Dixion is packing alot of muscle on his frame, but conditioning is a little off.  Alex's color destroyed his lines.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2007, 10:31:44 PM »
Thanks, Lift, and all~ Great reporting from inside the house and interesting comments from photo observers!

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2007, 10:34:26 PM »
Hey guys. I have a front and center seat and there are pics of every competitor. I took a few shots at different angles to give different views.

Alex A's color was the worst in the show. Whomever did his color should never do tanning again. There were some solid competitors in his class. I have him in 7th or 8th in his class. Even with better coloring I'd have him no higher than 5th.

I'd have putnam winning over dixon. I had dixon as my pick going into the show but it looks like he'll be a bridesmaid for a third time.

I'd put ad cherry winning with curry in second. Curry has some awesome guns and conditioning better than usas but needs more quad size and a bit drier.

Evan has the supers no problem and should take the overall tomorrow.

I'll try to take better photos for the getbig nation.

Peace
lifter

Oh thats why the pics sucked. Cos you took em Isaac. I should have known  ;D

Good reporting, and it looks like AD is finally taking it home. Word from Dallas is, he is going to give Centopani a run for his money for the overall.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2007, 10:38:45 PM »
Shame to hear about Alex. I thought he was gonna cause an upset. Oh well the bloke looked awesome in the pics prior to the show and bought along conditioning that isn't seen too much these days.
No doubt about it...

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2007, 10:51:34 PM »
ok, this is the worst lat tear I've ever seen  :o

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2007, 10:54:01 PM »

Yeah maybe but he still looks pretty good!  Who is that?

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2007, 10:55:46 PM »

I was holding my breathe when you were all proclaiming him the best conditioned BB of all-time based on a few gym shots. I knew he would never look as good on stage, that's the way it always is.
Team Yates

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2007, 10:59:21 PM »
Dude has some tears, not sure what his story is on the flaws but packs some muscle.
Elevate Your Image.™

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2007, 11:01:17 PM »
Oh thats why the pics sucked. Cos you took em Isaac. I should have known  ;D

Good reporting, and it looks like AD is finally taking it home. Word from Dallas is, he is going to give Centopani a run for his money for the overall.
Ya that's why those damn FLEX photos sucked, leave it to that LIFT guy.

AD should be victorious tomorrow night but Evan is too much for anyone to overtake him. Only thing with Evan is he's too timid on stage and needs to be more aggressive in the comparisons.
Elevate Your Image.™

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2007, 11:02:24 PM »
God-damm it!(flex don't even mention ALEX)

In the lighter classes, lightweights is a battle between Jeffrey Olcsvary of Lake Charles, Louisiana, James Williams of Greeneville, South Carolina, and Leonardo Pacheco of New York; and bantams are led by Dave Candy of Pittsburgh, Fernando Abaco of Rocklin, California, Art Santellan of Anaheim, California, and John McKnight of Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
It's because he wasn't in the top five and will finish in the 7-9 placings.
Elevate Your Image.™

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2007, 11:05:47 PM »
It's because he wasn't in the top five and will finish in the 7-9 placings.

It looked to me like they tried replacing Jeff with Alex after they got done with Jeff just to make sure Alex really couldn't hang.  Is that the way you saw it, Isaac?  Was I seeing that right in the Flex pics?  In this way, Alex could have either been first, or like you said, below the top 5.  He and Jeff's stats (height and general muscle mass level) were on par with each other just enough to where it was gonna be one or the other going against the other guys they had picked out for the top 4-5.     

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2007, 11:11:35 PM »
It looked to me like they tried replacing Jeff with Alex after they got done with Jeff just to make sure Alex really couldn't hang.  Is that the way you saw it, Isaac?  Was I seeing that right in the Flex pics?  In this way, Alex could have been first, or like you said, below the top 5.   
Alex wasn't in the top callouts. I met Alex this weekend, don't know him, have nothing against him personally. I know he's disappointed and should be a humbling experience. I'm not sure how one lets their color get to looking like his was. It smoothed him out and showed very little of his conditioning. Even with the bad coloring/tanning there were other guys that had better lines and packed more muscle on their frames.

I did not have him in the top five. If I was judging I'd have him 7/8th but I'm just the dude taking pictures yall love to bitch about, so what do I know?  ;D
Elevate Your Image.™

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2007, 11:15:58 PM »
Ya that's why those damn FLEX photos sucked, leave it to that LIFT guy.

AD should be victorious tomorrow night but Evan is too much for anyone to overtake him. Only thing with Evan is he's too timid on stage and needs to be more aggressive in the comparisons.

So what do you think about that light heavyweight class. It seems like Dixon should win but when him and Putnam are standing next to each other, something about Putnam just stands out a bit more, even though Dixon lb for lbs outmasses him like nobodies business.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2007, 11:18:34 PM »
Alex wasn't in the top callouts. I met Alex this weekend, don't know him, have nothing against him personally. I know he's disappointed and should be a humbling experience. I'm not sure how one lets their color get to looking like his was. It smoothed him out and showed very little of his conditioning. Even with the bad coloring/tanning there were other guys that had better lines and packed more muscle on their frames.

I did not have him in the top five. If I was judging I'd have him 7/8th but I'm just the dude taking pictures yall love to bitch about, so what do I know?  ;D

Bro I think you just need a wingman in that pit with you.   ;)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2007, 11:19:35 PM »
Bro I think you just need a wingman in that pit with you.   ;)

Why so you can tell me how to shoot the photos?

I already have Ron as the wingman - who gets all the ladies while I'm working. True story.
Elevate Your Image.™

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2007, 11:22:51 PM »

you pretty much hit the nail right on the head there. But with one exception. With perfect colouring and a lot less oil, Alex would have been top 3.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2007, 11:23:12 PM »
So what do you think about that light heavyweight class. It seems like Dixon should win but when him and Putnam are standing next to each other, something about Putnam just stands out a bit more, even though Dixon lb for lbs outmasses him like nobodies business.
Dixon packs a TON of muscle on his frame. He's not a tall guy but damn he is thick and definitely more mass than Peter. Dixon doesn't have the deep cuts in his legs that Putnam does and Peter's conditioning is better than Dixon's. Auguste looked good too but Peter put it together this time and I'd have no arguments with him winning it.
Elevate Your Image.™

PORKY

• Getbig III
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2007, 11:24:28 PM »
Alex looked great pre comp(in the gym shots) but seemed to have blurred out a bit (upper body especially) during comp..must have been anxiety/stress.Too much cortisol being released into the system due to stress i guess.
P

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2007, 11:25:29 PM »
Dixon packs a TON of muscle on his frame. He's not a tall guy but damn he is thick and definitely more mass than Peter. Dixon doesn't have the deep cuts in his legs that Putnam does and Peter's conditioning is better than Dixon's. Auguste looked good too but Peter put it together this time and I'd have no arguments with him winning it.

Very true, it will be controversial no matter what happens.

But you are right, Putnam has him in the lower body big time, even his hamstring are better ( which peter has really brought up since the usa, along with his conditioning).

The Coach

« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2007, 11:27:37 PM »
Hey guys. I have a front and center seat and there are pics of every competitor. I took a few shots at different angles to give different views.

Alex A's color was the worst in the show. Whomever did his color should never do tanning again. There were some solid competitors in his class. I have him in 7th or 8th in his class. Even with better coloring I'd have him no higher than 5th.

I'd have putnam winning over dixon. I had dixon as my pick going into the show but it looks like he'll be a bridesmaid for a third time.

I'd put ad cherry winning with curry in second. Curry has some awesome guns and conditioning better than usas but needs more quad size and a bit drier.

Evan has the supers no problem and should take the overall tomorrow.

I'll try to take better photos for the getbig nation.

Peace
lifter

Ok Issak, be honest. There's 277 competitors in this show and the only ones you hear about are the ones that got publicity throughout the year, did everyone get judged properly or just the one's that were already pre-judged in the magazines?? I'm having a real hard time thinking that there was NO ONE else that can compare to the ones that recieved the pub!!

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2007, 11:30:06 PM »
Why so you can tell me how to shoot the photos?

I already have Ron as the wingman - who gets all the ladies while I'm working. True story.

I know it's hard in there, bro; I didn't mean to offend you.  The pace is just too fast to keep up sometimes is all.  I know because when I was at the Ironman in '04 shooting for Mayhem I had barely gotten through getting what I wanted to of Dexter and Lee Priest and the prejudging was over with.  On top of that, I got home and they weren't even in focus.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2007, 11:32:23 PM »
Ok Issak, be honest. There's 277 competitors in this show and the only ones you hear about are the ones that got publicity throughout the year, did everyone get judged properly or just the one's that were already pre-judged in the magazines?? I'm having a real hard time thinking that there was NO ONE else that can compare to the ones that recieved the pub!!

Shouldn't you be on a treadmill right about now?  You're bitching and you've already admitted that you haven't even looked at anybody's pictures yet.   ::) 

Hey speaking of which, you gonna train in Venice tomorrow?   ;D

The Coach

« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2007, 11:37:42 PM »
Shouldn't you be on a treadmill right about now?  You're bitching and you've already admitted that you haven't even looked at anybody's pictures yet.   ::) 

Hey speaking of which, you gonna train in Venice tomorrow?   ;D

Already did my cardio for the day (and night), but even though I can't bring the pics up, it shouldn't be too hard to believe that out of 277 competitors that there isn't a couple of standouts that couldn't compare to the media darlings!

Dunno yet, I have to work in the morning and my fiance' has a teachers conference, we'll see how I feel.