Author Topic: NPC Nationals Prejudging Pics Are Up!  (Read 10972 times)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
Re: NPC Nationals Prejudging Pics Are Up!
« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2007, 12:04:22 AM »
Isaac who do u have taking the middleweight class. thats a very very tough close call, between the top 3 guys. All who have different types of physiques. Who do u see taking that class?

The Coach

« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2007, 12:05:08 AM »
Dare we ask what compromising position you were in that you were privy to seeing his glutes and legs?  ;D

Haven't you heard? I'm also an NPC judge ;D!

J/k

We train at the same gym and train together once in a while.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2007, 12:06:57 AM »
Ron "Yogi" Avidan came out before the show and said, "Man Alex is going to take his class he really looks great." He came out and we had to do a double take as no one recognized him. This is no dish on Alex but it is what it is. It looked like Ron and Alex were backstage mud wrestling. Needless to say Ron quickly changed his prediction.

Live and learn but at this level in the game a misstep can cost you a placing or two and next thing you know, you're not posing at night. Only the top five in each class will do their 2 minute posing routine.

Nga should have been with him; end of story.  He'll know better next time.  I also predict that he's gonna need to show them a little more size next time around after this.  IMO, this was his one shot to win it on conditioning alone.      

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #103 on: November 17, 2007, 12:08:25 AM »
Isaac who do u have taking the middleweight class. thats a very very tough close call, between the top 3 guys. All who have different types of physiques. Who do u see taking that class?

Guy in the middle! 

aussiepro

• Getbig III
« Reply #104 on: November 17, 2007, 12:09:13 AM »
that sucks so much for alex a he looked amazing 5 days out, but he fucked it up with his colour, sorry brother better luck next time :'(
there's no magic pills... just needles

The Coach

« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2007, 12:09:21 AM »
Guy in the middle! 

I predict Jose Raymond.......again!

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2007, 12:10:33 AM »
My opinion: This one is a no-brainer. Jose Ramond will win unanimously. Guy looked very good (the guy in the middle) he dried out considerably from last night at weigh-ins and looked very good.

Sorry McFarland, Jose is the one on the left of the photo.  ;)

Elevate Your Image.™

aussiepro

• Getbig III
« Reply #107 on: November 17, 2007, 12:14:35 AM »
the 1 on the left looks that much better than the other too.. will win for sure
there's no magic pills... just needles

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2007, 12:17:09 AM »
My opinion: This one is a no-brainer. Jose Ramond will win unanimously. Guy looked very good (the guy in the middle) he dried out considerably from last night at weigh-ins and looked very good.

Sorry, but the guy in the middle is the only one that makes me want to bodybuild there, placings be damned.   8)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: November 17, 2007, 12:19:02 AM »
Sorry, but the guy in the middle is the only one that makes me want to bodybuild there.   8)

Glad he could make you get the desire back. He won't win, sorry.
Elevate Your Image.™

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: November 17, 2007, 12:20:44 AM »

Yea I actually sent Palumbo a message and asked him what happened to Guy when I saw the weigh-in pics, but when I saw his pics from 2nite I had to go to the fridge and cut a piece of humble pie for myself. He looked like a differnet person.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: November 17, 2007, 12:21:22 AM »
Sorry, but the guy in the middle is the only one that makes me want to bodybuild there, placings be damned.   8)

Guy does look very good, and if he had the least bit of quad sweep he would look soooooo much better.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #112 on: November 17, 2007, 12:27:02 AM »
Jose Raymond looks like you could just as easily jump over him as run around him there.   :P

FreedomFighter

• Getbig III
« Reply #113 on: November 17, 2007, 03:04:10 AM »
Alex looks flat! ... flex mag pic's are really bad!!! bad angle, bad lighting .

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #114 on: November 17, 2007, 03:14:47 AM »
OK bro I'm gonna break it down for you real simple like, no bullshit.  You take a black guy and a white guy on stage where it could pretty much go either way, and a black person judging is gonna prefer the black competitor, and a white person judging is gonna favor the white competitor.  Dare I say, EVERY DAMN TIME, if all other factors are equal. (i.e. the black judge isn't friends with the white guy and doesn't even know the black guy, etc.)  In this show, in my personal opinion, Dixon could be better, and Peter's done good just to get to where he is.  The stage has been set for Putnam all year, it's his time, and if anyone ever told him to just keep doing what he's doing until Nationals and he'll be fine, well, it looks like he's just kept on and then some.  Dixon can win the class in style and perhaps even the overall at the USA next year if he keeps at it.  That's how good I think his shape is.  Now, long term potential?  Dixon will annihilate Putnam if they ever both make it to a pro stage.  Sorry, but that's the breakdown.  Anybody wanna venture a guess as to who Matt T will pick?   ;D    
interesting but not necessarily true

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: November 17, 2007, 05:28:02 AM »

Guy on the left...better thigh sweep...widest clavicles...tremendous lats...BUT not as big a name as the guy in the middle.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: November 17, 2007, 06:44:37 AM »
Guy on the left...better thigh sweep...widest clavicles...tremendous lats...BUT not as big a name as the guy in the middle.
You're drunk. Jose Ramond is WAY bigger in the "name game" if you want to go that route. Guy is a relative newcomer who works with Palumbo and looked great.

Elevate Your Image.™

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #117 on: November 17, 2007, 06:52:22 AM »
Yeah this is gettin' close to that.  OK, next up for discussion.  What do you guys think of Alex onstage?  Check out this other guy next to him.  He's got Alex on upper body but Alex has him in the lowers.  I haven't even finished making sure I've seen all the lightweight competitors yet but I already see this one here as an interesting comparison. 

This other guy, placed first. I think I got 15.  I was not judged, according to one of the judges I spoke with. My color, was simply ridiculous. In 25 years of judging he never had seen anything like it. My face was black, couldnt see any muscle seperation. I look flat, but still, The other guy ended up winning and i was last. 

no excuses guys, I was told this and accept it now. I blew this thing on a tan. 
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #118 on: November 17, 2007, 07:01:48 AM »
Well put, Alex! "Learning" by personal experience and accepting it as such without excuses will only make you a better bodybuilder, athlete, and person.

For ATTUTUDE and EFFORT you get A+'s.

In the process you made a hell of a lot of new fans and good friends.

Have a good meal, hug your wife and daughter, thank those who really helped you through this and never lose Heart!

The Coach

« Reply #119 on: November 17, 2007, 07:35:05 AM »
Jose Ramond is WAY bigger in the "name game" if you want to go that route.

And there you have it!!

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #120 on: November 17, 2007, 07:42:41 AM »
You're drunk. Jose Ramond is WAY bigger in the "name game" if you want to go that route. Guy is a relative newcomer who works with Palumbo and looked great.

Now wait a minue, I don't know what the competitor in the middle's first name is, is it really "Guy?"  Because I was just saying it like, "The guy in the middle!" 

Yes, absolutely, Isaac, I know what you're saying regarding Jose taking first, "the guy" in the middle needs more size to win a Nationals class, I'm just so biased towards conditioning right now, it's not even a reflection of who should win and I realize that it's not just about who I like best.  I liked Wolf and Dexter best at the Olympia but never made the argument that they should win.  I don't know Jose but I surely know the name so I'm sure he's up for a card this time around looking like that.

If the middle dude's first name is really Guy then that's a trip.   ;D

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #121 on: November 17, 2007, 07:48:47 AM »
Very good physique. Unfortunately, the judges seem to usually care more about ripped glues than a good physique so he's got maybe a 1-10 chance of winning.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2007, 07:50:33 AM »
Very good physique. Unfortunately, the judges seem to usually care more about ripped glues than a good physique so he's got maybe a 1-10 chance of winning.

Brandon looks incredible there.  Hey I've been meaning to ask, who is Brandon Curry, and who is Brandon Rey?  Which one won his class at Junior Nationals this year? 

AI3

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #123 on: November 17, 2007, 07:55:42 AM »
Very true, it will be controversial no matter what happens.

But you are right, Putnam has him in the lower body big time, even his hamstring are better ( which peter has really brought up since the usa, along with his conditioning).

Come on now - look at Putnam's side shot and tell me who has the better set of wheels - from the front Putnam's conditioning is holding his own, BUT from the side, not even close in definition or in mass or shape for that matter with what Dixon has.  To say he has Dixon in lower body big time is not correct. ???

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #124 on: November 17, 2007, 07:56:25 AM »
You're drunk. Jose Ramond is WAY bigger in the "name game" if you want to go that route.

Isn't Jose also a NATURAL?