Author Topic: Huckabee: Abortion not states' call  (Read 10904 times)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Re: Huckabee: Abortion not states' call
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2007, 07:12:43 PM »
So in the few cases of rape and incest a woman must be forced to carry to term?
What would suggest then?  Only abortions for health risks (life or death) and rape?  Tell how that would play out.

What still amuses me is how the rights of a woman are supported at the expense of another human life.  Men get paid more than women but nobody dies because of it.  Women hear men talk about their dick length and sexual conquests but nobody dies.  So to assert power over their body they kill a baby.  Cool.   ::)
Squishy face retard

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2007, 07:34:22 PM »
What would suggest then?  Only abortions for health risks (life or death) and rape?  Tell how that would play out.

What still amuses me is how the rights of a woman are supported at the expense of another human life.  Men get paid more than women but nobody dies because of it.  Women hear men talk about their dick length and sexual conquests but nobody dies.  So to assert power over their body they kill a baby.  Cool.   ::)

Honestly I don't care much about the issue of arbortion. I am Independent with libertarian tendencies. This isn't my main beef. It's a tough issue and different people will come down on different sides.

I hate the State.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2007, 05:26:41 AM »
I agree.  But as i said it will not stop abortion.  Abortions will continue no matter what the law. Making it a law only causes more problem then there already are.

You agree?  I was disagreeing with your statement.  How can you agree and disagree at the same time?

It's not about stopping abortion.  It's about punishing murderers of innocent lives.  It's about defending those you can't defend themselves.  It's about speaking for those who can't speak for themselves.

Again, we send criminals to prison, and it ends up costing the state lots of money to do that.  That doesn't stop crime, but are we now going to just let crimes go unpunished because crime "will continue no matter what the law"?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2007, 07:28:13 AM »
You agree?  I was disagreeing with your statement.  How can you agree and disagree at the same time?

It's not about stopping abortion.  It's about punishing murderers of innocent lives.  It's about defending those you can't defend themselves.  It's about speaking for those who can't speak for themselves.

Again, we send criminals to prison, and it ends up costing the state lots of money to do that.  That doesn't stop crime, but are we now going to just let crimes go unpunished because crime "will continue no matter what the law"?
Abortion is a lousy procedure. 

The woman has a superior right in the matter though.  Until the child is born, it is cargo.  Granted it is human potential.  But the argument that "it's a woman's choice b/c it's her body" still trumps anything anti-abortion activists can put forward.

For the moment, some abortions are not a crime.  That's the law.  Speculation about leveling murder charges is just that.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2007, 01:06:11 PM »

The woman has a superior right in the matter though.  Until the child is born, it is cargo.  Granted it is human potential.  But the argument that "it's a woman's choice b/c it's her body" still trumps anything anti-abortion activists can put forward.

For the moment, some abortions are not a crime.  That's the law.  Speculation about leveling murder charges is just that.
human potential? 
THAT IS TOTAL CRAP!!!

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2007, 01:22:18 PM »
So if a fetus is not a life and is just a leech killing the host, shouldn't we kill all the leeches calves inside the cow?  We don't want leech ridden diseased live stock, plus the damn thieves are stealing milk from me!!   ::)
Squishy face retard

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2007, 03:07:51 PM »
human potential? 
THAT IS TOTAL CRAP!!!

I agree with my alter ego.  Hey we are like twins:  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096320/

You're Arnold.  I'm Danny.  :D

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2007, 04:14:26 PM »

Word G-money Decker...an adult woman has family ties, obligations, etc. Her choice must be prioritised.
I hate the State.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2007, 05:59:34 PM »
I agree with my alter ego.  Hey we are like twins:  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096320/

You're Arnold.  I'm Danny.  :D

glad to see you admit it

What other names do you go by and why do you keep posting links to movies??

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2007, 08:00:18 PM »
Word G-money Decker...an adult woman has family ties, obligations, etc. Her choice must be prioritised.
Then so should her sexual acts.  Every sexual act has the possibility for pregnancy unless one person is infertile. 
Squishy face retard

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2007, 10:24:14 PM »
glad to see you admit it

What other names do you go by and why do you keep posting links to movies??

[sigh]  Somebody get this kid a sense of humor already.  Try this . . . just because I care: 

http://www.amazon.com/Humor-Work-Dummies-Conversation-TableTalk/dp/1572813830/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1195624441&sr=1-2

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2007, 04:59:58 AM »
Then so should her sexual acts.  Every sexual act has the possibility for pregnancy unless one person is infertile. 

If a woman is raped, it is her fault then?
I hate the State.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2007, 06:28:43 AM »
If a woman is raped, it is her fault then?
That's not what your post was about, was it? 
Squishy face retard

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2007, 06:34:23 AM »
That's not what your post was about, was it? 

Indeed, it was about just that...
I hate the State.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2007, 06:40:58 AM »
Indeed, it was about just that...
Again, that is such as small population of the abortion cases which hardly makes it a case for abortion.  Obligations and family ties?  How do you make a legitimate inference about rape?  It's more like "my parents will kill me" because I'm a slut and don't want them to know, I don't want to lose my job when I come back from pregnancy so "I kill my baby behind my husband's back", or "I can really support this child but I am too young to settle down."
Squishy face retard

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2007, 07:21:10 AM »
human potential? 
THAT IS TOTAL CRAP!!!
Let me rephrase.  The baby inside the woman is dependent upon the woman as a host for its survival.  The woman is in the superior biological position. 

That is a biological fact.

She runs the show.  It's her body and her choice.

I don't care for the procedure, but I'm not going to bullshit myself to score points.

It's a very emotionally charged issue.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2007, 08:19:32 AM »
[sigh]  Somebody get this kid a sense of humor already.  Try this . . . just because I care: 

http://www.amazon.com/Humor-Work-Dummies-Conversation-TableTalk/dp/1572813830/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1195624441&sr=1-2

can't you speak for yourself.  You are the only one here who thinks links to a movie or book is somehow funny.

I am glad to see you've admitted that you're  Colussus_500.  I give you credit for not lying about it.

It does make it a bit weird when one realizes how many times you've had conversations with yourself

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2007, 10:49:04 AM »
Let me rephrase.  The baby inside the woman is dependent upon the woman as a host for its survival.  The woman is in the superior biological position. 

That is a biological fact.

She runs the show.  It's her body and her choice.

I don't care for the procedure, but I'm not going to bullshit myself to score points.

It's a very emotionally charged issue.

Premature babies which some people call fetuses can live outside of the "host" body.

Also, the infant that has been born is also dependent upon someone for it's survival. 

can't you speak for yourself.  You are the only one here who thinks links to a movie or book is somehow funny.

I am glad to see you've admitted that you're  Colussus_500.  I give you credit for not lying about it.

It does make it a bit weird when one realizes how many times you've had conversations with yourself

Straw Man, Beach Bum was just messing w/you.  Colossus and Beach Bum are not the same person.
R

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2007, 10:59:27 AM »

Punishment does stop crime (it deters it), but when it comes to abortion it's different.   Making it illegal will not change the amount of times it's done because there are plenty of people who don't consider it murder and will help and fight for the mother's right to choose.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2007, 11:05:13 AM »
Straw Man, Beach Bum was just messing w/you.  Colossus and Beach Bum are not the same person.

Stella,

I'm aware BB is "messing" with me.   I just doubt his sincerity.  If you know for certain that they are not the same person then I will take your word for it. 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2007, 11:14:37 AM »
Premature babies which some people call fetuses can live outside of the "host" body.

Also, the infant that has been born is also dependent upon someone for it's survival. 

Premature babies do exist.  But how is that relevant to laws governing a woman's choice to abortion? 

So after the child is born it depends on another for survival.  How is that relevant to laws governing a woman's choice to abortion?

Until that baby is born, it is part of the mother's anatomy...part of her body.  That natural consideration is a matter of practicality.

Is there more to it than that?  Yes.  A pregnant woman is likely aware that she carries a little person in her.  But since it is her body and the little person is wholly dependent on this particular woman, I would say that the baby's interests are necessarily subordinated to that woman's interests and not vice-versa.

We are allegedly an intelligent species.  One would think that a woman fully aware of what a pregnancy is would never willingly choose an abortion.  But that's not the case. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2007, 11:18:01 AM »

Oh thanks a lot Stella.  I was going to have fun with this one.  :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2007, 11:22:49 AM »
Premature babies do exist.  But how is that relevant to laws governing a woman's choice to abortion? 

So after the child is born it depends on another for survival.  How is that relevant to laws governing a woman's choice to abortion?

Until that baby is born, it is part of the mother's anatomy...part of her body.  That natural consideration is a matter of practicality.

Is there more to it than that?  Yes.  A pregnant woman is likely aware that she carries a little person in her.  But since it is her body and the little person is wholly dependent on this particular woman, I would say that the baby's interests are necessarily subordinated to that woman's interests and not vice-versa.

We are allegedly an intelligent species.  One would think that a woman fully aware of what a pregnancy is would never willingly choose an abortion.  But that's not the case. 

Decker this is the typical attempt by pro choice people to dehumanize the baby.  In terms of dependency, there is no logical distinction between a baby in the womb being fed by the placenta and umbilical cord and the newborn baby being fed by his mother's breast. 

This is a very complicated issue, but there is no question that it involves two people.  The issue, without sugarcoating it, is whether a woman should have the right to choose whether or not to kill her baby. 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2007, 11:30:06 AM »
Decker this is the typical attempt by pro choice people to dehumanize the baby.  In terms of dependency, there is no logical distinction between a baby in the womb being fed by the placenta and umbilical cord and the newborn baby being fed by his mother's breast. 

This is a very complicated issue, but there is no question that it involves two people.  The issue, without sugarcoating it, is whether a woman should have the right to choose whether or not to kill her baby. 

Location, location, location.  Only the mother can feed the unborn (part of her body).  Any one can feed a newborn(not part of her body).  There's your logical distinction. 

I agree with you about your summary statement.  As I've noted, any thinking person would be hard-pressed to choose an abortion.  But what do I know.  I'll never have to make that choice.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2007, 11:30:37 AM »
Oh thanks a lot Stella.  I was going to have fun with this one.  :D

no worries Bum - I still have my doubts.   I believe you are an inherently dishonest person.

I make a decent living recognizing patterns and maybe I'm wrong about this but I'm still doubtful.  
For example, even if there are two different people you could have access to both accounts.

Anyway, I'll drop it for now