Author Topic: For all the shit talked about Dave Palumbo  (Read 6979 times)

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
Re: For all the shit talked about Dave Palumbo
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2007, 12:05:49 AM »
i think alost of people would consider him a genusis

I've been meaning to ask you, what does "genusis" mean?

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2007, 12:17:41 AM »
Genusis is a global wireless messaging service provider in Malaysia. We are a leading end-to-end mobile data solutions provider that caters to corporate and individuals throughout the world. To increase support to our clients, we also do provide value added services such as customization and integration.

http://www.genusis.com/

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2007, 12:42:08 AM »
I think his technical knowledge of drugs and to a certain degree nutrition is pretty pathetic, for a guy promoting himself as a science-minded, schooled guy. I'm sure he has a lot of practical experience though, which is very valuable. Of course you learn a lot by experimenting with different combos of drugs and have clients do the same. But a lot of the stuff he has written about drugs has been laughable. If you are going to talk science at least get it somewhat right.
Bump for truth. Plenty of guys (like Alex A) get shredded to the gills without any of that zero carb, moderate fat BS. There is no single system that works for everyone except that if you consistently take in fewer calories than you are burning, you will lose weight. Just watch Survivor and see every single person drop 40lbs regardless of their carb intake (rice, bananas, coconuts). Dave spent 10 years competing at the National level and being a science-minded and curious guy, he probably experimented more than anyone else with different hormone combinations. If he's such a nutritional genius, show us a single natural guy he's done wonders for. I mean, why take advice from someone who did it differently than you're trying to do? Ask a good natural bodybuilder how to build a physique without drugs and ask a hormonized bodybuilder how to do it with drugs. Anything else just don't make sense.

BigNationRadio.com

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2007, 03:05:19 AM »
i personally hired dave a while ago and a) all talk about mega doses is BS hes not big on big doses at all b) I starting taking on quality muscle once I started following his diet and other advice figure it out

Purge_WTF

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2007, 04:01:54 AM »
He prepped the

Nationals Overall winner
Womens heavyweight winner
Mens welterweight winner
Mens MW runner up
Mens heavyweight 4th place finisher

Among many others who I dont know about............. He must not be that bad fellas.

Please Discuss

Hi, Dave.

You suck.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2007, 04:51:55 AM »
But why does he wear eyeliner?

Maybe he thought, "Since I'm not the more masculine one in this marriage, might as well loosen up a bit"?

omgsoswole

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2007, 05:16:38 AM »
My main concern in dealing with him, if I were to require the services of such a 'guru' (which I do not, although I am 'pro size') would be what he actually did with his physique.  I appreciate that he was hampered ultimately by his structure, however at one time he did have a good physique, which he subsequently ruined (hence Palumboism).  I'd be too worried he'd do the same to my body if I was working with him...

Does that not worry you at all, 'Arnold Jr'?

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2007, 06:06:14 AM »
I think his technical knowledge of drugs and to a certain degree nutrition is pretty pathetic, for a guy promoting himself as a science-minded, schooled guy. I'm sure he has a lot of practical experience though, which is very valuable. Of course you learn a lot by experimenting with different combos of drugs and have clients do the same. But a lot of the stuff he has written about drugs has been laughable. If you are going to talk science at least get it somewhat right.

i may not agree with everything he writes but i have never found anything of his writeen that is down right wrong. bring up some examples
irongearco.com

chixlegs

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2007, 06:56:31 AM »
I don't care if he does this or not. As far as I'm concerned, he could walk around with a strawberry douche wrapped around a chain on his neck...this wouldn't make his advice or ideas any less valuable or worthwhile.

Strawberry douche line killed me.  Too fuckin' funny. 

I've always liked Palumbo, I think he's cool.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2007, 07:07:02 AM »
He also prepped Billy Guns.
LOL. Thread over on the second post. Thanks for coming out.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2007, 07:14:33 AM »

i may not agree with everything he writes but i have never found anything of his writeen that is down right wrong. bring up some examples

The moron recommends people to use 1-1.5 grams of test on top of other steroids per week for starters. That alone should make you wary, no?

Alex23

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2007, 07:21:46 AM »
He prepped the

Nationals Overall winner
Womens heavyweight winner
Mens welterweight winner
Mens MW runner up
Mens heavyweight 4th place finisher

Among many others who I dont know about............. He must not be that bad fellas.

Please Discuss

This illustrates my problem with Palumbo bro...

Oh and why do you think they never gave him his pro card?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2007, 07:48:40 AM »
correct me if im wrong but isnt the palumbo diet soemthing like
6 meals per day; each meal consisting of 25 grams fat, 50 grams protein, 10 grams carbs?

Alex23

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2007, 07:50:59 AM »
correct me if im wrong but isnt the palumbo diet soemthing like
6 meals per day; each meal consisting of 25 grams fat, 50 grams protein, 10 grams carbs?

Something of that nature. And your point being?

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2007, 08:03:26 AM »
Dave is my guru. He's also one of the nicest most genuine guys out there...zero bullshit when dealing with him. Dave has done a good deal for me, and I can't stand seeing a good person ridiculed, especially when the ridicule is BS and most of the ridicule stems from people who obviously haven't the first clues as to what's going on or what they're even talking about.
Why, you got good advice to offer, lol?

A good person doesn't sell fake gear.  He knew it was fake.  End of story.  Did he pay back the people that he scammed?  NO!  If he truly didn't know he was selling fake shit he would have paid back his victims.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2007, 08:15:37 AM »
A good person doesn't sell fake gear.  He knew it was fake.  End of story.  Did he pay back the people that he scammed?  NO!  If he truly didn't know he was selling fake shit he would have paid back his victims.
I bet you are wishing you could get that dealer back who sold you the Oregano you thought was pot but seriously, move on.  You really going to approach the feds and tell them you bought from Dave and want restitution?
Squishy face retard

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2007, 08:20:05 AM »
I think Dave is a very smart guy and knows his shit!  He has alot of experience as well. I just do a different type of prep entirely than any of his guys. Like Special Ed said, no one system works for everyone.

Personally I like to eat carbs. Boy do I. WHo doesnt? some nice suggary oatmeal after your cardio, several cups of rice  throughout the day to keep you going. etc. Its very good for the brain too. When you deprive your brain of sugar too much you start to go crazy. Or atleast I do. I could never diet hard on low carbs and keep my sanity with a full time job, wife, 23 month old, home to take care of and all my own prep and training to do.  I have before and it was a nightmare and I never got that hard in the back, hams and glutes.

But his techniques are working on these guys hes helping. And I will tell you, Dave is a really cool guy too. I dont know him very well, but he seems to not only know his shit but he is a down to earth guy. Plus he made me feel alot better after prejudging when he took me to a mirror to show me how screwed up my tan was with all the oil making me look way smoother than I should have. Look at my 3 day out pics, with no tan or Oil and I was 100 times better. Anyways, Daves a good guy!
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2007, 08:31:30 AM »
Maybe he thought, "Since I'm not the more masculine one in this marriage, might as well loosen up a bit"?

hahaha

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2007, 10:26:25 AM »
Bump for truth. Plenty of guys (like Alex A) get shredded to the gills without any of that zero carb, moderate fat BS. There is no single system that works for everyone except that if you consistently take in fewer calories than you are burning, you will lose weight. Just watch Survivor and see every single person drop 40lbs regardless of their carb intake (rice, bananas, coconuts).
You're right, any diet that is a restricted calorie diet will cause you to loose weight...the idea behind his diet is simply keep a little more muscle then otherwise...that's it, no voodoo promises or outrageous claims.

Dave spent 10 years competing at the National level and being a science-minded and curious guy, he probably experimented more than anyone else with different hormone combinations. If he's such a nutritional genius, show us a single natural guy he's done wonders for. I mean, why take advice from someone who did it differently than you're trying to do? Ask a good natural bodybuilder how to build a physique without drugs and ask a hormonized bodybuilder how to do it with drugs. Anything else just don't make sense.

You know, and this may be a big shock to some of you, so sorry for spoiling your afternoon...but nutrients are "nutrients" whether you use hormones or not.

Most people miss the point of using hormones. it's not so you can discover some new found method(s) it's so you can do the right things you're already doing but do them just a little bit better.

Point being, natural or not makes no difference with this diet.

I think Dave is a very smart guy and knows his shit!  He has alot of experience as well. I just do a different type of prep entirely than any of his guys. Like Special Ed said, no one system works for everyone.

Personally I like to eat carbs. Boy do I. WHo doesnt? some nice suggary oatmeal after your cardio, several cups of rice  throughout the day to keep you going. etc. Its very good for the brain too. When you deprive your brain of sugar too much you start to go crazy. Or atleast I do. I could never diet hard on low carbs and keep my sanity with a full time job, wife, 23 month old, home to take care of and all my own prep and training to do.  I have before and it was a nightmare and I never got that hard in the back, hams and glutes.

But his techniques are working on these guys hes helping. And I will tell you, Dave is a really cool guy too. I dont know him very well, but he seems to not only know his shit but he is a down to earth guy. Plus he made me feel alot better after prejudging when he took me to a mirror to show me how screwed up my tan was with all the oil making me look way smoother than I should have. Look at my 3 day out pics, with no tan or Oil and I was 100 times better. Anyways, Daves a good guy!

First off, hate hearing Nationals didn't go so well for you...you were no doubt ready for that show.

Just wanted to address some things you mentioned:

When you deprive your brain of sugar too much you start to go crazy. Or atleast I do. I could never diet hard on low carbs and keep my sanity
When your brain gets starved like this you're right, it is tough, you feel very lethargic, kind of spaced out, etc. Everyone knows what it feels like to have your blood sugar drop...it's not fun. But here's the deal, if someone puts up with this for a few days, usually 3-4 max, that uneasy feeling goes away...you end up feeling better then before...very even feeling, more then enough ability for concentration, etc. But that's the thing, most people can't or simply aren't willing to give it the 3-4 days needed.

Personally, I've dieted every way there is to diet, and if for nothing else other then the way you feel on the diet, then this Dave diet is the best.

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2007, 11:00:33 AM »
I didn't compete this year, but wanted to knock my BF doen a bit and try something new, so I gave Dave's diet a shot.

It worked great for me.  I only ran it for 10 weeks, but that was long enough to see that it worked well for me.  i'm now following his off-season nutritional protocol and am leaner than I have ever been at this bodyweight.

I've never met Dave, don't know him couldn't even tell you what his voice sounds like, but his diet theories seem to work well for me.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2007, 11:11:02 AM »
i personally hired dave a while ago and a) all talk about mega doses is BS hes not big on big doses at all b) I starting taking on quality muscle once I started following his diet and other advice figure it out

Hi Dave.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Alex23

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2007, 11:33:03 AM »
I didn't compete this year, but wanted to knock my BF doen a bit and try something new, so I gave Dave's diet a shot.

It worked great for me.  I only ran it for 10 weeks, but that was long enough to see that it worked well for me.  i'm now following his off-season nutritional protocol and am leaner than I have ever been at this bodyweight.

I've never met Dave, don't know him couldn't even tell you what his voice sounds like, but his diet theories seem to work well for me.

What's his offseason protocal like?

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2007, 11:38:08 AM »

I agree.  If he truly was a nice person he would be going out of his way to repay each and every last person that he scammed.  He seemed like a friendly dude when I saw him walking around the expos, but ripping people off is a dick move and that is not open to debate.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2007, 11:39:08 AM »
You're right, any diet that is a restricted calorie diet will cause you to loose weight...the idea behind his diet is simply keep a little more muscle then otherwise...that's it, no voodoo promises or outrageous claims.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I've seen him say that after a while on his diet your muscles start to fill out from the essential fatty acids as they accumulate. Or something like that. Stuff like this is voodoo "science" as far as I'm concerned.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2007, 11:40:46 AM »
I bet you are wishing you could get that dealer back who sold you the Oregano you thought was pot but seriously, move on.  You really going to approach the feds and tell them you bought from Dave and want restitution?

Don't be stupid.  If he was a real man, he would have went to his friends and said look I sold you fake shit, here's your money back.