Author Topic: Steroids while on a antidepressant?  (Read 6281 times)

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
Steroids while on a antidepressant?
« on: December 04, 2007, 09:26:11 AM »
If you re taking a antidepressant for depression, is it safe to use steroids?

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Steroids while on a antidepressant?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 09:31:10 AM »
Hasn't bothered me.  I take Wellbutrin and Prozac. But, as always ask your doctor if you can or at least do some research to see if there are any interactions.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 09:43:33 AM »
Hasn't bothered me.  I take Wellbutrin and Prozac. But, as always ask your doctor if you can or at least do some research to see if there are any interactions.

Thanks fot the reply, im not planning to take roids, just curious. Im taking remeron though. Is yourprozac still working good?

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 09:48:05 AM »
Remember to ALWAYS take your meds on schedule once you come off cycle...post cycle depression is not something you should take lightly if you take meds already.

Good luck.

8)

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 12:20:26 PM »
Remember to ALWAYS take your meds on schedule once you come off cycle...post cycle depression is not something you should take lightly if you take meds already.

Good luck.

8)

Very, very true.

The prozac worked well, but made me a bit lethargic so the doc added in wellbutrin to give me more energy.  FYI - Prozac affects seretonin, while wellbutrin affects dopamine.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 12:32:28 PM »
If you re taking a antidepressant for depression, is it safe to use steroids?
worked well for chris benoite ;D

bench

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 04:01:19 PM »
worked well for chris benoite ;D

bench

He was on pain meds as well and mixing in alcohol.  A bad, bad, combo.  I made that mistake once and will never do it again.  You lose it mentally.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 04:17:43 PM »

Good luck.

8)

Ive read your story, very fascinatig. When you re on roids does it make you feel better then normal? Nasser said its better then antidepressants , what doyou think?

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 06:45:19 PM »

Ive read your story, very fascinatig. When you re on roids does it make you feel better then normal? Nasser said its better then antidepressants , what doyou think?

hello fellow team nasser member.  I experienced a great well being while on, felt very confident and focused

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 08:48:32 PM »

Good luck.

8)

I'm glad you brought that up.  IMO, mentally they're not a good combination.  Don't know about the physical interactions  :-\
:

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 09:02:55 PM »
i would say come off of the anti depressants while on cycle, then go back on once you come off cycle. that way you avoid any possible problems that might occur from the two chemicals mixing together...and you will also take care of post cycle depression this way. you shouldnt have any problems with your mood or state of mind while on gear; from what i hear it is an anti depressant in its own right.

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 02:19:47 AM »
i would say come off of the anti depressants while on cycle, then go back on once you come off cycle. that way you avoid any possible problems that might occur from the two chemicals mixing together...and you will also take care of post cycle depression this way. you shouldnt have any problems with your mood or state of mind while on gear; from what i hear it is an anti depressant in its own right.

You have no idea what you are talking about.  You don't just start and stop antidepressents.  Don't give advice like that if you are not a doctor.  AD take a while to start and stop working (they build up in your system - long half life), so what you just suggested would likely make the post cycle depression worse.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2007, 05:50:18 AM »

Yes it does provide a build up of confidence and a good sense of well being. i wouldn't use gear for this purpose though. just think of it as an added bonus.

8)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 05:55:25 AM »
You have no idea what you are talking about.  You don't just start and stop antidepressents.  Don't give advice like that if you are not a doctor.  AD take a while to start and stop working (they build up in your system - long half life), so what you just suggested would likely make the post cycle depression worse.

Exactly.

i should have made this point in my original post.

8)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2007, 07:21:22 PM »
i meant to add that in my post though....stopping them a while before the cycle, and starting them a while before the cycle ended; so they could kick in at the right times.   

you shouldnt be depressed while your on steroids..   

but your right im not a psychologist or licensed therapist; so my opinion holds no real weight or authority. just common sense though.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2007, 07:53:22 PM »
anti depressents shouldn't be stopped during cycle at all, the only time you should come off them is when your doc starts to lean you off of them, usually they don't take you off all at once, they slowly decrease dose then take off after a period of time.  that is bad advice. 

jt
TEAM Nasser

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2007, 08:28:39 PM »
Shit, I was wondering about that too. I take Paxil for anxiety, depression, and Trazadone to help me sleep. I was also thinking about getting not taking them while on a cycle, but Im not 100% sure about doing that yet. Ive been on my meds for a good 3 years now, and there have been times when i dont take my paxil. Just about 5 months ago, i didnt take my paxil for 1 month and I felt absolutely fine. My trazadone though is a totally differant story, If i dont take it, i dont sleep, PERIOD. Theres been only 2 times i can think of, where i came home from work and being soo tired, I fell asleep without taking it, but the next day, I wont feel right at all. No "NATURAL STUFF" for me, nope. MELATONIN?? HAHA!!! dont do shit, a whole bottle of melatonin doesnt compare to 10mg of trazadone.

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2007, 12:53:43 AM »
Ya dont listen to candizzle hes a fag and not a doc. when it comes to depression you really dont wanna fuck around. That shit gets messed up. I know when I come off it hits me pretty hard. I was on the bus a few weeks ago and felt like cryin, it was messed up shit fellas. granted goin through personal shit too but i've never been an emotional one yknow.

I've got an old friend who says clomid makes you depressed and to lay off that if i felt too down, i didnt listen to him, but is there any truth to that?

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2007, 06:13:25 AM »
i meant to add that in my post though....stopping them a while before the cycle, and starting them a while before the cycle ended; so they could kick in at the right times.   

you shouldnt be depressed while your on steroids..   

but your right im not a psychologist or licensed therapist; so my opinion holds no real weight or authority. just common sense though.

Please leave, someone might follow your advice and get fucked up. you know nothing about the actions of AD in the human body, this isn't common sense, it's medical fact.

8)

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2007, 06:50:36 AM »
Thanks for the reply guys. It is true that you cant stop AD cold turkey. Your body is used to it and if you stop cold turkey you get a major shift in your neurotransmitters.You re not only dealing with depression , i had major vivid dream nightmares when i cut down, and your brain gets fucked up, like 1000 strange voices going trough your head , whispering all at the same time. This Remeron is also very good for insomnia it puts you asleep in 30 minutes. But i cut back from 30 mg to 15 mg without a problem using omega fish oil. The omega makes the AD work better, sometimes when you mix it up, it feels like you re high. But it all depends which Ad you use, they re different. I wouldnt advise anyone on AD to quit cold turkey, and it all depends how you react to it, you know that better then your doctor. Im on it for 2 years now and i often stop using for a couple of days, jsut to rise my energy level up. After some time you get use to the psychodelic vivid dreams and if you stay calm you can enjoy it even. ;)  Im not planning do do roids anytime soon, im just fascinated by it, cause huge nasser said they re better then AD  ;)

Does anybody know what Test does in your brain, what cells does it affect to be exact?

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2007, 08:29:59 AM »
I've read that you need to slowly decrease the dose over a long period of time to come off without any problems. A doc should always advise you on this first.

This lady at my work was on Lexapro and she dropped it could turkey and had some crazy panic attacks and almost ended up in the ER.

8)

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2007, 08:37:34 AM »
Yes the panic attack is a bitch whenyou stop cold turkey. Its like you dont know what hit ya, massive chest pain.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2007, 09:40:07 AM »
Yes the panic attack is a bitch whenyou stop cold turkey. Its like you dont know what hit ya, massive chest pain.

Never come off cold turkey bro. I have seen a friend I grew up with do that and he went nuts!? I think he is back on now as we have talked recently and he seems normal again.

He called me when he was "off" and he was rambling in random sentences not making any fucking sense at all. Careful with those meds man!!

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2007, 09:43:58 AM »
If the shit is that potent, it makes me wonder if you should even be on that kind of stuff....

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2007, 09:46:15 AM »
If the shit is that potent, it makes me wonder if you should even be on that kind of stuff....

Some need to man, their brain does not produce the right chemicals. What sucks is they switch your meds around until one works best with your chemisty.

That is what always scared me about doctors.."here, TRY this and if that does not work, we will TRY that"

No, give me what will fix it!!!!!!!!