Author Topic: "He is the One"  (Read 6559 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: "He is the One"
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2007, 08:01:58 PM »
That is what I am saying. There is strong evidence that Oprah is doing this to prop the black female voters (with emphasis on skin color).

Except you fail to consider the fact that Oprah's audience for the most part, and the demographic with whom she has the most influence is white suburban housewives.

Oprah mentions black and decker as a good company the stock jumps 15%, oprah says she is going to start a vegetable diet the meat company sues her.

How do you say it's not because she wants him to win, Clinton's past African American vote? That is their target audience, does not take a rocket scientists to figure that crap out, pure and simple marketing.

Of course she wants him to win. She wouldn't be putting in all that effort for him to lose. What I wanna know if why the claim that she has picked him because he is black?

"Progressive" that is another token word Oprah used in a choppy speech. It's actually coming out how she is not a good pun on words for the political arena.

I seem to recall Hilary using that word in the Democratic debates when asked if she would consider herself a "Liberal"

New Hampshire, Iowa...who cares...can we say Gore and Dean. South Carolina is what matters.

In the end this Hollywood hooray will hurt Obama, America is getting ever tired of Hollywood's antics and decision making....ask Barbara Walters

Speaking of Barbara Walters, ...I saw an interesting article the other day wherein trump claims she lied to both him & Rosie O'Donnell.  :o Now she wouldn't be the type to manipulate and throw gasoline on an already heated feud in order to garner additinal ratings would she?
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2007, 08:16:40 PM »
A communication major talk show host is hardly someone I want running this country.

Certainly preferable to, and couldn't be worse than an AWOL drunk and coke addict 

Being successful from a talk show and a meat law suit is not presidential material.

Oprah was successful before the cattle growers association sued her. That's why they did it.

BB-Her support for Obama is based on race.  I stand by that. 

And no doubt will be able to substantiate this with proof, ...or even a somewhat plausible theory?
One that is reasonable to thinking non-bigots?
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2007, 08:18:29 PM »
So aside from her show she'd just be an "average Jane" with a COM degree who can hire the right people?  I know plenty of those.

She gets through to people because they think she matters, but she doesn't.

Tre-the only problem with that is that his wife is the brains behind all his ideas.   ;) 

Oprah gets through to people. That means she matters!
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2007, 08:26:39 PM »
Hmm, you named four in politics but other than those how many can you claim as Repubs?  All we ever hear are the idiots Dems in Hollywood bitching about things in the world when they would be rich no matter who is in office.  I'm still waiting for Baldwin and Basinger to head to your neck of the woods.

We'll take Basinger, ...but you're more than welcome to keep Baldwin.  :-X 

Naming a small number of people doesn't make Hollywood balanced and I think you know that.  Of course there are always us country music fans.   ;D

ARGHHH!!! Why am I not surprised we have guys like you to thank for that tripe! {LOL}
Other than Garth Brooks, ...you can chuck all the rest!

Why wouldn't Hollywood Repubs come out in record droves to ensure "their" candidate?  If they want a win they should lend their support. 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uselections2004/story/0,13918,1184818,00.html
http://webcenters.netscape.compuserve.com/celebrity/becksmith.jsp?p=ce_bsf_143

Probably 'cause they have such drek to choose from. if you don't have a candidate you can feel good about, ...you shut your mouth. Republicans are used to having shit for candidates, Democrats aren't.  :D
w

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2007, 10:07:50 PM »
Paris Hilton gets through to people. That means she matters!

yeah we see your logic

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2007, 11:40:23 PM »
...but given the debacle of the last 8 yrs, ...I know their are many ex-Republicans throwing support behind Democrats.

*raises hand*