Author Topic: Medford's training log  (Read 73230 times)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Medford's training log
« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2008, 06:17:42 AM »
Yumm  Pizza, pasta no wonder you have to keep the will power up.

I will make a chicken pasta meal that I like from time to time.  I use.

1/2 lb Brown rice pasta, I like pene
1.25 lb seasoned Grilled chicken breast cut into pieces

In a large bowl add olive oil, sea salt, course ground pepper, Italian seasoning blend, dash or 2 of garlic and onion powder.

Add half pasta and half the chicken to bowl and mix.  Add grated parmesan or blend of type cheese and mix in.

Add more olive oil, seasonings and the other half pasta, chicken and more chesse  :) mix up. 

Cover put in micro to heat more for 90 seconds or so.  Remove, drizzle small amount of olive oil on top add a few more shakes of chesse, toss and enjoy! Very good cold too.

I dont measure stuff just go by instinct LOL.  This usually is 2 meals for me.  Yes its far from diet food LOL.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2008, 08:55:35 AM »
yeah it kind of kills me to go blend whey protein with skim milk then lug that to work...

hey just did 45 minutes on the treadmill...worked up quite a sweat...(yes I showered after  ::) )
X

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2008, 09:27:27 AM »
Yumm  Pizza, pasta no wonder you have to keep the will power up.

I will make a chicken pasta meal that I like from time to time.  I use.

1/2 lb Brown rice pasta, I like pene
1.25 lb seasoned Grilled chicken breast cut into pieces

In a large bowl add olive oil, sea salt, course ground pepper, Italian seasoning blend, dash or 2 of garlic and onion powder.

Add half pasta and half the chicken to bowl and mix.  Add grated parmesan or blend of type cheese and mix in.

Add more olive oil, seasonings and the other half pasta, chicken and more chesse  :) mix up. 

Cover put in micro to heat more for 90 seconds or so.  Remove, drizzle small amount of olive oil on top add a few more shakes of chesse, toss and enjoy! Very good cold too.

I dont measure stuff just go by instinct LOL.  This usually is 2 meals for me.  Yes its far from diet food LOL.

sounds so good..i am gonna have to try that,,it's not that far from diet food,,its healthy, u got your carbs,protein, some good fats,,and you get a really energy paked meal,,,i liek that,,,i am gonna make some and keep it, ready to eat in my fridge,,ty...

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2008, 05:52:19 PM »
My upper body overpowers my lower body, and I still lack defenition
X

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2008, 05:54:17 PM »
  Don't forget to stretch.

That's my foot with my toes above my waist:
X

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2008, 06:01:47 PM »

sounds so good..i am gonna have to try that,,it's not that far from diet food,,its healthy, u got your carbs,protein, some good fats,,and you get a really energy paked meal,,,i liek that,,,i am gonna make some and keep it, ready to eat in my fridge,,ty...

Thanks it is very tasty.  I don't eat much pasta now a few too many carbs for me, but a might do it here and there for a change of pace.  I found that the tomato based pasta sauce or as my Grandma used to call it "gravy" gave me too much heartburn sometimes, so i came up with this.

Yep it is pretty healthy if you go light on the salt and cheese  :)  I have been thinking about adding some broccoli to it also.

My upper body overpowers my lower body, and I still lack defenition

Keep with it and you will amaze yourself i bet!

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: January 06, 2008, 06:09:40 PM »

Keep with it and you will amaze yourself i bet!

Yes it's only been two months.  That's it.  Hardly a drop in the bucket!  Gimmie till springtime, when all that snow melts, and I'll show you some improvement!
X

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #107 on: January 06, 2008, 06:47:07 PM »
Like Luv said, I'm not to thrilled with the looks of that diet, but to echo, if it works then great. Either way, I'd cut the milk out completely...skim or not, it still has a lot of sugar in it, and that's not good for anything.

The biggest thing I don't like is your diet is almost all carbs...there is hardly any fat or protein in it. I know, some will scream that Medford is not trying to follow some strict BB style diet. Well, that's fine, but every diet needs those nutrients in it.

More then anything, I hate seeing the fruit juice in there...it's simply not necessary and has zero benefit other then taste.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: January 06, 2008, 07:12:46 PM »
what's your idea of good protein

ie...egg whites, plain chicken, other?

gimmie something to work with here
X

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #109 on: January 06, 2008, 08:37:55 PM »

Those are all fine choices...also, lean cuts of beef, such as fillet or top round a few whole eggs mixed in there (a lot of benefits with whole eggs) good fish protein, tilapia, flounder, cod...salmon for a bit of fat...protein powder should always be isolate IMO instead of concentrate...concentrat e is pure garbage and a waste of money.

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #110 on: January 06, 2008, 08:42:41 PM »

egg whites, chicken, beef, turkey, salmon, tuna, : good protein

good carbs: brown rice, multigrain pasta, potatos,

Medford, just make meals for yourself for the whole week like Rip it up said, that way you have them ready to eat,,remember it's still ok to have a snack here and there but make sure you are getting your daily intakes of everything..remember ,,mix it up,,you dont always have to eat chicken for every meal..u can have turkey burgers on the barbecue,,or salmon from a sushi joint,,... it doesnt have to be boring..goodluck,

a few good choices:  terriyaki chicken bowl,,, chicken, brown rice, brocilli, terriayki sauce

beef bowl::  beef, brown rice, veggies

turkey burgers with cheese

chicken and pasta   

use 6 oz of chicken and a cup or 2 of rice with each meal

try to cut back on the juice and maybe try some other sugar free juices, but you dont have to cut out completely,,instead of drinking a full cup of juice,,pour a half cup of sugar drinks when u need them,,but otherwise try and stay away from them,,after u start drinking sugar free juice,,u wont wanna go back,,it taste good,

tuna with lowfat cheese

salmon with a baked potato ,,,,also try and drink a protein shake daily..

snacks:::   celery with pnut butter, low fat yogurt, fruit, veggies, almonds,,

maybe get a wok,,,cook all those things in it,,portion them into ready to eat containers,,then u have a bunch of meals for the week,,

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #111 on: January 07, 2008, 12:54:54 AM »
Those are all fine choices...also, lean cuts of beef, such as fillet or top round a few whole eggs mixed in there (a lot of benefits with whole eggs) good fish protein, tilapia, flounder, cod...salmon for a bit of fat...protein powder should always be isolate IMO instead of concentrate...concentrat e is pure garbage and a waste of money.

IMO, protein powder should preferably be blends, with at least some caseinate in them.

If you're going to drink them between meals, and at nights.

It will keep you full longer.

Medford, try to eat more more fish, and like Arnold jr writes, add a few whole eggs every other day to your diet.

Mix it up.

If you eat a little more good fats such as olive oil (eg use it with a salad), you will have a much better control of your low blood sugar.

Fact is, if you have low blood sugar, you should probably avoid any kind of fast carbs, that would get the blood sugar real high, and then send it CRASHING.

Stick with slow carbs, protein and good fats. Perhaps even buy a book on Glycemic Index, and how to eat according to it.
As empty as paradise

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: January 07, 2008, 01:49:53 AM »

Do you have control over your calories? Do you count them?

Good work btw Medford. Debussey = glad to see you walking the talk. Keep going.  :D

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: January 07, 2008, 06:38:21 AM »
I will admit here, that the serious and good advice on a few threads has been a very useful tool

That's why I am open to suggestions (that make sense)

FACTS:

1.  I started overweight.  I was not overweight in h.s. or college.  my weight gain was self imposed as an adult

2. The weight gain happened over a period of 10 to 15 years

3.  I only started training (regularly) two months ago

4. I only tweaked my diet over a two to three week period (at first I was ravishingly hungry from going from zero to almost an hour, of excersize)

X

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: January 07, 2008, 07:45:05 AM »
can someone turn the sideways pictures?
X

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #115 on: January 07, 2008, 07:46:56 AM »
Great info in this thread...and great pics Medford!  Next time, bring the camera a little closer!!   :D

You're doing well, and you would benefit from incorporating some of the diet suggestions, esp with regards to protein.  Find a nice chinese restaurant and have them steam a filet of fish for you...it's fantastic all by itself if it's nice and fresh.  The local Chinese restaurant here does steamed red snapper that's tough to beat even when you're not dieting.

Keep with it...the more results you see, the more motivated you get...that's the way it goes. So things are just starting to get good now.
:)

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: January 07, 2008, 07:50:02 AM »
those are some 20 year old picts.  I wasn't fat forever, just as an adult.

off to the gym now.
X

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: January 07, 2008, 07:51:34 AM »
can someone turn the sideways pictures?

I'm sure someone can...where's knny when you need him?   :D
You were an adorable little girl!! 

If you weren't fat from birth, then it's all about lifestyle and habits, and it will be no problem for you to acheive whatever physique you want.   :)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: January 07, 2008, 07:53:38 AM »
 ;D
:D Weee

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: January 07, 2008, 07:55:16 AM »
;D

That first pic is actually a hilarious pic.   ;D

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: January 07, 2008, 07:56:54 AM »

That first pic is actually a hilarious pic.   ;D

Red Sox Rule Baby!!
:D Weee

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: January 07, 2008, 09:20:19 AM »
yeah note the panelled walls...obviously I was in a house of ill repute.

Those are my Pearl Harbor weapons...one oz vodka, one oz midori, pineapple juice.

the Red Sox shirt was a gift...it was hard to wear that stuff before they started winning!
X

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: January 07, 2008, 09:50:04 AM »
Good thread w/lots of good info and suggestions.  Keep it up Meddie  :)
R

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: January 07, 2008, 03:03:44 PM »
I'm almost tempted to go work out A SECOND TIME TODAY...
X

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: January 07, 2008, 03:14:13 PM »
I'm almost tempted to go work out A SECOND TIME TODAY...
That's very inspirational!

And it brings up a question I have for the "experts." :)

I know if you plan to do 2 cardio sessions and one lifting session in one day that it's better to do your cardio sessions hours apart.  But what if you need to do all 3 sessions (2 cardio plus weight-training) at one time?  Is it actually detrimental to the body?  Would taking in a protein shake help or is it better to just skip one cardio session that day?
R