Author Topic: What did you eat today?  (Read 21275 times)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
Re: What did you eat today?
« Reply #125 on: December 19, 2007, 07:36:53 PM »
wow. im suprised at what you guys eat.

mcdonalds..? really? lol.   i wish i could eat like you guys..   i HAVE to eat clean all day every day, or else i look like complete dogshit. what i eat in the "offseason" im sure is what some of you guys eat pre contest..   but the sad part is that i get fat on that diet. hahha

what have i eaten today??
 one can of tuna
8 whole eggs with some onions and 2 slices of bacon with a sprinkle of cheese
12 eggs only three yolks
couple pieces of broccoli
some shrimp..not sure on what the total amount was. not alot, not a little.. just a reasonable amount.
some green beans.

before bed ill have a can of tuna.

this is my "bulking" diet..and ive been eating this way for a couple of days now; and i am defintely seeing fat deposits...but imnot worried about it...going to try to put on some size in the next two months..

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #126 on: December 19, 2007, 07:38:09 PM »
bowl of frosted mini wheats
turkey/swiss on a kaiser
bowl of cereal and a can of soup

$

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #127 on: December 19, 2007, 07:45:21 PM »

mcdonalds..? really? lol.   i wish i could eat like you guys..   i HAVE to eat clean all day every day, or else i look like complete dogshit. what i eat in the "offseason" im sure is what some of you guys eat pre contest..   but the sad part is that i get fat on that diet. hahha

one can of tuna
12 eggs only three yolks
some shrimp..not sure on what the total amount was. not alot, not a little.. just a reasonable amount.
some green beans.

this is my "bulking" diet..and ive been eating this way for a couple of days now; and i am defintely seeing fat deposits...but imnot worried about it...going to try to put on some size in the next two months..

cand, if you don't mind me asking - what is your everyday like?  You have an active job, or do you sit all day?  I consumed 3000 calories today, as I do most days, and abs still shining thru.  230 protein, 308 carbs, 102 g fat.  It's not genetics - we've all seen me fat.  It's just doing something active every day aside from work and gym.  Today it was the park.

Also, how many G of protein / carb/ fat do you shoot for daily?  TO me (and I'm no expert), calories dont matter if you nail your 3 P/C/F goals.  (enough protein, right kind of carbs, and not to go too far over in fats).

The Jeenius

• Getbig II
« Reply #128 on: December 19, 2007, 08:15:28 PM »

mcdonalds..? really? lol.   i wish i could eat like you guys..   i HAVE to eat clean all day every day, or else i look like complete dogshit. what i eat in the "offseason" im sure is what some of you guys eat pre contest..   but the sad part is that i get fat on that diet. hahaha

I'd rather eat junk and look like "complete dogshit" than eat clean and look like "partial dogshit"
Think about that.  Let it marinate. 

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: December 19, 2007, 08:19:26 PM »
cand, if you don't mind me asking - what is your everyday like?  You have an active job, or do you sit all day?  I consumed 3000 calories today, as I do most days, and abs still shining thru.  230 protein, 308 carbs, 102 g fat.  It's not genetics - we've all seen me fat.  It's just doing something active every day aside from work and gym.  Today it was the park.

Also, how many G of protein / carb/ fat do you shoot for daily?  TO me (and I'm no expert), calories dont matter if you nail your 3 P/C/F goals.  (enough protein, right kind of carbs, and not to go too far over in fats).

i try to be as active as i can. my bmr is so low i feel as if any time when im not in motion that my body is storing fat. normally i dont do much ACTIVITIES. but i always park way in the back where ever i visit..i always walk places when i have the option, and i try to go with as little clothing as i can handle(force my body to burn more calories to warm itself).

as far as daily macro's.. right now im "bulking", so the only macro im really monitoring is carbs. i dont eat any carbs besides what i get from broccoli and green beans(i love these two veggies), and i only eat those at night with dinner. i try to keep my fat intake moderate..i eat whole eggs and red meat and chicken, but other than that i pretty much get zero fat intake. (besides a small amount of omega 3's in the morning/at lunch).  as for protein, i base every meal around protein. if i had to guesstimate a daily intake, it would be about 350 grams, maybe 300. on the good days i spread it around between 6, sometimes 7, meals. but some days i load the protein up into as few as three meals.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: December 19, 2007, 08:34:03 PM »
I'd rather eat junk and look like "complete dogshit" than eat clean and look like "partial dogshit"
Think about that.  Let it marinate. 
yeah except when i eat perfect i have abs and when i eat like i am now i have fuzzy out line of abs...as compared to eatinh like shit, or even partially "dirty", where i would be 20% bf or more with love handles and look like im smuggling watermelons underneath my tee shirt

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: December 19, 2007, 08:49:10 PM »
as far as daily macro's.. right now im "bulking", so the only macro im really monitoring is carbs. i dont eat any carbs besides what i get from broccoli and green beans(i love these two veggies), and i only eat those at night with dinner. i try to keep my fat intake moderate..i eat whole eggs and red meat and chicken, but other than that i pretty much get zero fat intake. (besides a small amount of omega 3's in the morning/at lunch).  as for protein, i base every meal around protein. if i had to guesstimate a daily intake, it would be about 350 grams, maybe 300. on the good days i spread it around between 6, sometimes 7, meals. but some days i load the protein up into as few as three meals. 

You're trying to bulk without carbs?  I don't think that's possible.  I know some of palumbo's guys do it, but they're advanced guy and are on. 

I always thought that the carbs were the most important part of a bulking cycle. provided, you have the minimal proteins present for the positive nitrogen balance in the blood.  You're essentially living in semi-ketosis, then?  If you're eating brocc, you're not in true keto.  your body is then using protein for energy because it's not in fat-use mode (for energy) if its not in keto. 

this is just my opinion - and I'm by no means an expert -
You may want to consider eating carbs.  sweet potato, br rice, pasta, whole wheat bread.  I don't see how you have energy for workouts, and you're surely not getting enough calories to gain.  Your BMR must be thru the floor.   Honestly, that diet you posted - looks to be UNDER 1000 calories.  For bulking?  It's impossible.

again, i'm not flaming.  I used to be a fatass who beleved McD was the key to success.  I still eat fast food everyday usually once, but I do it correctly after all my macro needs have been met, and I'm leaner than ever. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: December 19, 2007, 08:57:47 PM »
i pretty much get zero fat intake. (besides a small amount of omega 3's in the morning/at lunch).  as for protein, i base every meal around protein. if i had to guesstimate a daily intake, it would be about 350 grams, maybe 300.

holy shit.... you need more food!

zero fat, and negligible carbs.. and only 300 grams of protein - that's 1200 calories, about what a 80 pound woman needs to maintain.  You need double that, easily.  You're running in a huge deficit.  More importantly, your organs, especially the brain and liver, aren't getting what they need to do their job.  Six months on this diet and you're going to probably have health issues.  Seriously.  I have never bashed you cand, and never will.  This is just my opinion.  Get with a nutirtionist for 100 or 150 and get everything mapped out for you.  I cannot tell you how priceless this really is.  You can try reading dozens of articles at bbing.com or whatever, but the info is all over the place.  Balance is everything - you want to live another 60 or 70 years.  to do that you need to give your body nutrients.

The Jeenius

• Getbig II
« Reply #133 on: December 19, 2007, 09:07:04 PM »
240 is giving you some good advice here dizzle.  I'd listen to it if I were you.

Remo Williams

• Getbig II
  • The Eleventh Commandment
« Reply #134 on: December 19, 2007, 09:11:26 PM »
0530 - Chicken Breast, Brown Rice, Banana, Coffee with Green Tea

0800 - 3 whole eggs, 6 egg whites, Orange, 3 slices of wholegrain bread, 2 bananas,Coffee with Green Tea

1030 - Tuna & Salad, Sweet Potatoes, Coffee with Green Tea

1300 - Protein Shake with Carbs (Slow and Fast Release), Apples and other fruits

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: December 19, 2007, 09:24:32 PM »

I always thought that the carbs were the most important part of a bulking cycle. provided, you have the minimal proteins present for the positive nitrogen balance in the blood.  You're essentially living in semi-ketosis, then?  If you're eating brocc, you're not in true keto.  your body is then using protein for energy because it's not in fat-use mode (for energy) if its not in keto. 
no thats wrong.   your body uses fats for energy no matter what kind of metaboli system you are in. and even when your on zer carbs, you are not in ketosis all the time. it is a process that only occurs at various points thorugh out the day...even someone who has been on zero carbs for years on end will stilll be using a percent or two of daily energy as glucose... and yes, proteins are coverted for that glucose.   the body will only synthesis glucose for energy as its demanded...fats can power up to alomst all of your body functions.

you should read some books by mario dipasquale, lyle mcdonald, dan duchaine, and/or  nelson Montana.

this is just my opinion - and I'm by no means an expert -
You may want to consider eating carbs.  sweet potato, br rice, pasta, whole wheat bread.  I don't see how you have energy for workouts, and you're surely not getting enough calories to gain.  Your BMR must be thru the floor.   Honestly, that diet you posted - looks to be UNDER 1000 calories.  For bulking?  It's impossible.
no maybe i didnt post my whoel diet, or maybe you calculated wrong..because im eating somewhere between 2500-3500 cals a day.
my bmr must be through the roof? (base metabolic rate)..well if i was eating 1000 cals a day then my bmr would be at a dead halt; and if i am eating 3500 cals a day then yeah it would be pretty quick.

im not trying to sound like a know-it-all..  i am pretty knowledgeable on nutrition; at least enough so to understand how to formulate a diet for my own body type based on how i see it react to certain foods. for myself....     carbs spell disaster.  years of overeating on simple carbs and processed sugars have made my body really fucked up and i have high levels of in-circulation insulin even on zero carbs..     and on the opposite end of that spectrum, i have never had a problem with weight gain from red meat or whole eggs..so i think going high fat low carb is the best for my self.

just saw your latest post...   i have zero fats besides the WHOLE EGGS and RED MEAT(well, also in tuna and chicken..but theres not a lot of fat in those).   one egg has 50 cals worth of fat..and i put down a shitload of eggs.       and as far as the veggies...i think your partly mistaken by thinkking i am getting few calories from them...i am running on full glycogen stores pretty much all day..as i eat a fucking shitload of broccoli/green beans at night.  one serving of green beans (frozen whole green beans) is listed as 30 calories. i easily eat at least 10 servings each night. AT LEAST.     

@Brandon

• Getbig III
  • Functional muscle.
« Reply #136 on: December 19, 2007, 09:43:00 PM »
They call it all american breakfast.
Served with 2eggs(I ordered them boiled), ham, a couple of toasts
cheddar cheeze, some cucumber and tomato slices.
Orange juice, yogurtbanana smoothie and coffee.

Japanese restaurant: their grilled beef special and some grilled fish.
a little Miso soup
Various sliced fruits as desert.

Chicken club sandwich and a starbucks espresso brownie
with Cafe latte and half my girlfriends lemon icetea shake at starbucks.

Turkish reastaurant: Lamb chops and potatoes.

Ordered a home delivery bigmac as last meal before bed.

Drink to every meal: water

amc1980

• Getbig III
  • Thats a special hat, Spirit, give it baaaaack!
« Reply #137 on: December 19, 2007, 10:30:48 PM »
i try to be as active as i can. my bmr is so low i feel as if any time when im not in motion that my body is storing fat. normally i dont do much ACTIVITIES. but i always park way in the back where ever i visit..i always walk places when i have the option, and i try to go with as little clothing as i can handle(force my body to burn more calories to warm itself).

Ah, nothing like those carefree days of youth

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #138 on: December 19, 2007, 10:40:26 PM »
Ron: "I am lazy."

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #139 on: December 19, 2007, 11:17:28 PM »
: /

Slice of pizza and 4 Bacardi Zombies.

Pizza was like 4 hours ago though.
☠ Order of Nephilim

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #140 on: December 19, 2007, 11:19:51 PM »
: /

Slice of pizza and 4 Bacardi Zombies.
Pizza was like 4 hours ago though.

So, been cutting yourself lately?
No doubt about it...

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #141 on: December 19, 2007, 11:20:54 PM »
So, been cutting yourself lately?

I've been too busy getting laid.  :D
☠ Order of Nephilim

Remo Williams

• Getbig II
  • The Eleventh Commandment
« Reply #142 on: December 20, 2007, 12:41:58 AM »
They call it all american breakfast.
Served with 2eggs(I ordered them boiled), ham, a couple of toasts
cheddar cheeze, some cucumber and tomato slices.
Orange juice, yogurtbanana smoothie and coffee.

Japanese restaurant: their grilled beef special and some grilled fish.
a little Miso soup
Various sliced fruits as desert.

Chicken club sandwich and a starbucks espresso brownie
with Cafe latte and half my girlfriends lemon icetea shake at starbucks.

Turkish reastaurant: Lamb chops and potatoes.

Ordered a home delivery bigmac as last meal before bed.

Drink to every meal: water

Your diet sucks

@Brandon

• Getbig III
  • Functional muscle.
« Reply #143 on: December 20, 2007, 04:06:46 AM »

Your diet sucks
I would not call it a diet.

Yes I eat almost anything I want whenever I want
but still stay in good shape.

I would never be fat and eat like this.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: December 20, 2007, 05:09:27 AM »

mcdonalds..? really? lol.   i wish i could eat like you guys..   i HAVE to eat clean all day every day, or else i look like complete dogshit. what i eat in the "offseason" im sure is what some of you guys eat pre contest..   but the sad part is that i get fat on that diet. hahha

one can of tuna
12 eggs only three yolks
some green beans.

Candi...do you compete?
:D Weee

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: December 20, 2007, 05:48:28 AM »

;D

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #146 on: December 20, 2007, 06:05:05 AM »
Today I worked out shoulders and legs;

Meal 1. 2 Scoops of whey, slice of whole wheat bread, 210 grams of white rice, two apples, a handful of raisins and a mandarin.
Meal 2. Postworkout shake, zero carb whey isolate
Meal 3. one onion and 3 whole eggs
Meal 4. 55 grams of roasted peanuts
Meal 5. 150 grams of tuna in water, one onion, 80 grams of kim chi
Meal 6 and final meal. 150 grams of tuna in water

I am dieting and will be for as long as it takes. Theoretically it doesn't matter when you eat but just how many calories are spread out over the day but what I try to do whilst dieting if get them all in before 18:00....I find this works well for me.
I hate the State.

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
  • go west young man.......break bread in the new lan
« Reply #147 on: December 20, 2007, 06:08:55 AM »
cup of oatmeal with a little brown sugar
4 egg whites
protein shake w/lowfat eggnog,vanilla yogurt and 30 grams whey so far

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: December 20, 2007, 06:15:22 AM »
Today I worked out shoulders and legs;

Meal 1. 2 Scoops of whey, slice of whole wheat bread, 210 grams of white rice, two apples, a handful of raisins and a mandarin.
Meal 2. Postworkout shake, zero carb whey isolate
Meal 3. one onion and 3 whole eggs
Meal 4. 55 grams of roasted peanuts
Meal 5. 150 grams of tuna in water, one onion, 80 grams of kim chi
Meal 6 and final meal. 150 grams of tuna in water

I am dieting and will be for as long as it takes. Theoretically it doesn't matter when you eat but just how many calories are spread out over the day but what I try to do whilst dieting if get them all in before 18:00....I find this works well for me.
hahahahhaa, i can't even imagine the bone crushing poundages your handling on that "diet", 50 pound db presses here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #149 on: December 20, 2007, 06:28:52 AM »
Meal 1: 1 cup of oatmeal (1/2 rolled oats-1/2 steel cut oats), 1/2 cup flax seed oil, 1 scoop of whey
Meal 2: 1 grilled chicken breast salad with baby spinach and 1 tomato 1 onion
Meal 3: Pre workout Shake
Meal 4: Post Workout Shake
Meal 5: Sirloin Steak 1 onion 1 green pepper
Meal 6: 1 can of Trader Joe's low sodium chunk light tuna, 2 slices of Ezikiel bread, 1 cup of almonds
Work
Meal 7: 3 raw eggs half glass of milk (to get it down)
Sleep......