Author Topic: HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!  (Read 21996 times)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Re: HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!
« Reply #150 on: January 06, 2008, 05:10:13 PM »
Vet, I think you should go to this and stand up in the middle of it and yell:

Show Me the Money!!!   wait..you are not Cuba Gooding..... make that:

Show Me the Proof!!!!   (timed to be yelled out at the adverse reaction part)

And then tell him you don't want "no stinking agenda"!!  lolollz   

Dr. Ron Schultz, Professor and Chair, Department of Pathobiological Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin-Madison, presented by the American Bouvier Rescue League.

"What Everyone Needs to Know About Canine Vaccines and Vaccination Programs"
Are you vaccinating your animals too much? Not enough? Wondering what's the "right" vaccine protocol-and why? Concerned about adverse reactions? Confused about titers?

Come hear Dr. Schultz, the co-investigator (with Dr. Jean Dodds) for the Rabies Challenge project, speak on the canine immune system, types of vaccines and the immune response, AAHA Guidelines for Core and Optional Vaccines, risk vs. benefit assessment, adverse reactions and antibody tests. Dr. Schultz, who has more than 35 years' experience in the field of immunology, is Professor and Chair of the Department of Pathobiological Sciences at the School of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He has been a driving force behind many of the recent changes in vaccine recommendations made by the American Animal Hospital Association and the World Small Animal Veterinary Association.

Saturday, March 29, 2008, 9 am - 4 pm
Hilton Garden Inn, 10975 Georgia Lane, Alpharetta, Georgia 30022
Registration fee: $50 (pre-registration required)
Registration deadline: Friday, March 8, 2008.

For flyer and registration form, go to www.abrl.org and click on the link for the "Dr. Schultz Workshop" (http://www.bouvier.org/ABRL/ABRL%20Schultz%20Talk%20Flyer%20Reg.pdf) or contact Lisa at bouv329@gmail.com.

temper35

• Getbig III
« Reply #151 on: January 06, 2008, 05:41:26 PM »
Flower.

If google and yahoo were disable as search engines, would you stop arguing with vet?

Do you possess any credentials whatsoever?  Any formal training or schooling?  Anything?

body88

« Reply #152 on: January 06, 2008, 05:56:54 PM »
Well, i do not believe that when a puppy pit is walking around its aggressive towards other dogs.  I think i should have said that a pitbull puppy when grown up, if not socialized properly, will have an extremely high chance of being dog aggressive even if it is otherwise raised 100% correctly; loving owner, discipline, training, diet, housing etc...  That is where i think genes play a large part and nothing else.  My mistake is speaking in generalizations rather than citing exact situations and circumstances.

I agree with traps here. I have owned and raised several pure bred APBT's. Pitbulls from supposed "game" lines. Imo Pitbulls puppy's are no more aggressive towards other animals then any other pup with a natural prey drive. That includes hunting dogs and such. Most all working and hunting dogs have some kind of prey drive inside them. Its not just pits. This whole argument is a mute point imo. We are talking about animals here. A lot of dogs are bred to have a high prey drives for hunting. American bulldogs for example that are used for boar hunting. I have run into some severally dog aggressive herding dogs in my day.

What makes pits so good for fighting is not a natural hatred for other animals. It is the relentless tenacity and extreme athleticism and strength they possess. A pit can pull thirty times its own weight. All they want to do is please there owner.  If that owner promotes aggressive behavior towards other animals, the pit will work as hard as it can to fulfill that goal for its owner. A pit will work just as hard pulling a cart, swimming or playing Frisbee as it would fighting another dog. The pits "gameness" is def not exclusive to fighting.

Socialization and or proper training are the key to raising a healthy happy pitbull. Pitbulls happen to be some of the best family dogs you could ever want if they are brought up correctly.

Animals are going to act like animals unless you teach them otherwise. If you took to puppy's, a lab and a pit, and raised them without socialization and proper interaction with other animals, they would both be aggressive towards other animals.

Problem is the demographic who own pits these days promote aggressive behavior. Thank rappers and all around insecure scumbags for that.

Years ago its was Rottis. In a few years it will be Presa Canarios. As long as some humans continue to promote aggressive behavior from dog's , things will never change with certain breeds. Lets be real here though , you have a far better chance of being struck by lightning then severally hurt by a pitbull.

temper35

• Getbig III
« Reply #153 on: January 06, 2008, 09:57:03 PM »
I agree with traps here. I have owned and raised several pure bred APBT's. Pitbulls from supposed "game" lines. Imo Pitbulls puppy's are no more aggressive towards other animals then any other pup with a natural prey drive. That includes hunting dogs and such. Most all working and hunting dogs have some kind of prey drive inside them. Its not just pits. This whole argument is a mute point imo. We are talking about animals here. A lot of dogs are bred to have a high prey drives for hunting. American bulldogs for example that are used for boar hunting. I have run into some severaly dog aggressive herding dogs in my day.

What makes pits so good for fighting is not a natural hatred for other animals. It is the relentless tenacity and extreme athleticism and strength they possess. A pit can pull thirty times its own weight. All they want to do is please there owner.  If that owner promotes aggressive behavior towards other animals, the pit will work as hard as it can to fulfill that goal for its owner. A pit will work just as hard pulling a cart, swimming or playing Frisbee as it would fighting another dog. The pits "gameness" is def not exclusive to fighting.

Socialization and or proper training are the key to raising a healthy happy pitbull. Pitbulls happen to be some of the best family dogs you could ever want if they are brought up correctly.

Animals are going to act like animals unless you teach them otherwise. If you took to puppy's, a lab and a pit, and raised them without socialization and proper interaction with other animals, they would both be aggressive towards other animals.

Problem is the demographic who own pits these days promote aggressive behavior. Tahnk rappers and all around insecure scumbags for that.

Years ago its was Rottis. In a few years it will be Presa Canarios.

Good post.  And it all stems back to what I was saying, it is how they are raised.  Pitbulls are not born aggressive.  I never argued that it does not have a great chance of being a little iffy with other dogs if not socialized, but this is the same with all dogs really.

Overall a great post.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #154 on: January 07, 2008, 03:58:11 AM »
Flower.

If google and yahoo were disable as search engines, would you stop arguing with vet?

Do you possess any credentials whatsoever?  Any formal training or schooling?  Anything?

Wow, how stupid of you. ;D   Something wrong with using STUDIES, EXPERTS, and RESPECTED ORGANIZATIONS?   Since I am a "nobody" I think it is better for people to be able to get info from people who are not nobodies. 

You can't discredit the message, so try discredit the messenger.   ;D

Really Vet should be upset with his colleagues and veterinary organizations for saying the same things I have been saying all along (and referencing it to them).They have actual "weight" behind them and if thinks they have an agenda and are professing untruths then he should try and do something about it. Twisting my words isn't going to stop them, so he should go to the sources. 

You really didn't help Vet with that post, you actually made it worse because I now have to point out that he is disagreeing with a big chunk of his profession.  Or maybe you did help because he will try and get that misinformation stopped from being spread by those people and organizations?

LOLOL!  it is SOOOOO funny that a made a simple comment, and you temper even made a simple reply to it, yet Vet went bonkos over it to the point he had to say I said things I didn't.   ::)   

Still waiting to hear what he attributes to over vaccination when he disagrees with what the experts say may be caused by vaccination  (but vaccinations aren't the only cause of)?   Adverse reactions have been the talk for the past few years by the major veterinary organizations.  They get quoted in articles posted in the public newspapers and magazines and professional ones.  Why is he not taking issue with them, they are spewing their agenda to millions of people? He doesn't need to stop me from saying it, he needs to stop the top people from doing it or it will continue to be informing the people.
  :-\

Me personally, I want information, whether it agrees with what I think or not. So if these respected people and organizations are publishing incorrect or inaccurate information I would like to know that.  My belief of people having the right to make INFORMED DECISIONS is based on getting ALL information, not just part of it.  If Vet doesn't want to stop them from publishing what he thinks is misinformation, then he should stop bitching about it, he is part of the problem then. 

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #155 on: January 07, 2008, 07:55:56 AM »
Flower.

Whats fucked up is I'm sitting here trying to specifically word this post in a way that doesn't fuel her fires any more.  I guess it doesn't matter.  There will be some tirade about how I'm a poor veterinarian because I'm disregarding everything that is important even though I'm agreeing/quoting the very same "experts" I'm just not doing it in the correct manner.  Like I said before, this is the most dangerous type of person.  The time necessary to deal with their shit is ridiculous. 

You know, I'm really, really interested in education/background/training. Its going to really, really surprise me if Flower has any formal training/education in veterinary medicine what so ever.

temper35

• Getbig III
« Reply #156 on: January 07, 2008, 08:58:50 AM »
Whats fucked up is I'm sitting here trying to specifically word this post in a way that doesn't fuel her fires any more.  I guess it doesn't matter.  There will be some tirade about how I'm a poor veterinarian because I'm disregarding everything that is important even though I'm agreeing/quoting the very same "experts" I'm just not doing it in the correct manner.  Like I said before, this is the most dangerous type of person.  The time necessary to deal with their shit is ridiculous. 

You know, I'm really, really interested in education/background/training. Its going to really, really surprise me if Flower has any formal training/education in veterinary medicine what so ever.

We both know she doesn't.  Anyone can get on  Physics forum and google shit all day long.  The basic fact of the matter is Flower can copy and paste all she wants and end every sentence with a smile  ;D , but shes still a joke and it is obvious.  Googling and then using a small piece of brain power/reading comprehension means nothing.  Anyone with a brain can do that with any subject whatsoever.

I should do a bunch of research on Parkinson's and then walk into a neurologists office and criticize their treatment.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #157 on: January 07, 2008, 09:25:52 AM »
You are so lame Vet.  Yes, I can't read.  I can't read articles and studies from vet organizations and people and the field and comprehend that their is a lot of people that think pets are being over vaccinated. 

It is pretty sad that THAT is what you have to come back with.   

Time to deal with what shit exactly? Yes it is so much easier for you to say all those people and sources are wrong rather than looking it into yourself. 

You should look at why you go so defensive over a simple comment.  Are you perhaps questioning the way that you have thought over the years?  Well you are not alone, so instead of being one of the hard heads, try and be a better veterinarian and not just negate everything because that is what you have done in the past. 

Your original comment that vaccines possibly having any role in behavior problems as being "way way out there, way out there" was wrong.   You can't deal with that tough, like I said go to all your organizations and experts in the field and tell them to stop saying that if you feel so strongly about it.   Those are reputable sources, and if they are not I personally would like them corrected if they are promoting fallacies.  You could only be helping pets and people all over if you get them from stopping with the misinformation.

So, you going to do that Vet?

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #158 on: January 07, 2008, 09:29:23 AM »
Like I said before, this is the most dangerous type of person.  The time necessary to deal with their shit is ridiculous. 

You are dangerous because on one hand you will say over vaccinating is an issue, and then on the other hand say you don't think any adverse events can be linked to vaccines. 

Which is it?   Or is that the whole point?  You can look like you a knowledgeable person by saying there is problems with over vaccination, yet not have to change anything and can still dismiss possible vaccine related problems

Pretty smart there vet 
;)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #159 on: January 07, 2008, 09:38:29 AM »
Some other people you should take issue with Vet:

This girl is obviously a moron, can't believe Penn would allow this on their site  >:(:

http://www.vet.upenn.edu/schoolresources/communications/publications/bellwether/61/vaccine_guidelines.html

"Lastly, animals may shed the modified live vaccine virus, possibly infecting an immuno-compromised animal. Vaccine viruses can be spread through the gastrointestinal tract (parvovirus vaccine), through the kidneys (CAV-1), and through the respiratory tract (CAV-2)."

Fort Dodge idiots, why do they need to keep them separate, shouldn't be a problem, these are the idiots making vaccines?!  oh boy!:

Controls and vaccinates were housed separately in isolation facilities during the immunization period and until they were challenged to prevent exposure to vaccine virus shedding. During the baseline and challenge procedures, the controls and vaccinates were housed together in an isolation facility.

http://www.dvmnews.com/dvm/data/articlestandard//dvm/202004/95386/article.pdf

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: January 07, 2008, 10:22:29 AM »
Mistake # 1.....

Medical Science is NOT 100% accurate all the time.  Granted, I respect the years of research into the field, but, it's still not 100% (& most likely will never be).

I think everyone should have an opinion, because otherwise, we'd be a bunch of mice following a Doctors advice.  This is where I strongly believe in getting one, two...or even 3 different Doctor/Vets Opinion.  Formulate your own conclusion & when you, your kids, or animal dies prematurely or by your own submission (choice/decision)....you can take responsibility for the decisions made in the process.  Everyone nowadays are quick to point fingers, blame, & sue.

Personally, I don't go to doctors & will not take medicine only when I'm in desire need.  I feel because of this, is why I don't get sick or have colds.  When I did in the past...I was just like everyone else with a weakend immune system.  Granted, I will be the first person to tell people not to follow my protocol, because, I do not want someone pointing fingers at me.  Make your own decision & leave it as that.  Also...I think people should worry or concentrate more about themselves than worry about what other people are doing.  Only if it directly affects me or people I care about, will I do something about it.  I find that people who makes it their mission to get involved in everybody else's problems are just a mess with themselves personally & need a distraction from dealing with their own problems.  Either that, they feel that can't do anything about them self personally, but can see how much they can affect others by their involvement/personal interaction which gives them "cause" or purpose.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #161 on: January 07, 2008, 01:15:21 PM »
I agree knny, people need to think for themselves.

and if people want to get upset because someone puts out something to consider that does have backing to it, then they need to look at themselves for their own reasons that bothers them.  This is a message board and people will have different ideas and message boards are made with the purpose in mind that many different people will contribute to a "discussion".  You can learn from, laugh at, or ignore whatever contributions you don't think are relevant to you or that you don't care about.

it's the internet, get over it people.
   :)