Author Topic: Bush Confident Republicans Will Retain White House  (Read 6509 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Bush Confident Republicans Will Retain White House
« on: December 20, 2007, 12:40:34 PM »
I think he's right.  I don't think Hillary can win the general.  I don't think Obama can overtake her in the primary, and if he does, no way we wins the general either.  Edwards would be a stronger candidate. 

Bush Confident Republicans Will Retain White House 

Thursday, December 20, 2007 10:08 AM

President George W. Bush said Thursday that he was confident his Republican Party would retain the White House in next year's presidential election.

"I'm confident we'll hold the White House and I'm confident we can pick up seats in both the Senate and the Congress," Bush said at a press conference.

"I believe ours is the party that understands the nature of the world that we live in and that the government's primary responsibility is to protect the American citizens from harm," he added.

Bush said he would not comment on the primaries between the candidates seeking the Democratic and Republican party presidential nominations for the November 2008 vote.

"I will wait and reserve judgment," he said. "I will be patient, and after the primaries are over, I will help my party unify.

"I'm looking forward to doing my bit," he said. "In the meantime, I'm out raising money for the Republican Party, trying to make sure that once the primaries are over ... that we're united and ready to go."

Asked whether a candidate's religious views were important, Bush said the most important quality he looked for in a candidate for the White House was their "principles."

"What's important to me will be this: the principles by which people will make decisions," he said.

"People develop principles all different kinds of ways. But you can't be the president unless you have a firm set of principles to guide you as you sort through all the problems the world faces," he added.

"I would be very hesitant to support somebody who relied upon opinion polls and focus groups to define a way forward for a president," Bush said.

Religion has played a prominent role in the current presidential campaign, particularly on the Republican side where one leading candidate, Mitt Romney, is a Mormon, and another, Mike Huckabee, is an ordained Baptist minister.

http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/Bush_Confident_Republican/2007/12/20/58632.html

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Re: Bush Confident Republicans Will Retain White House
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 12:46:21 PM »
I knew this would happen...  the Dems fucck themselves every time by putting up weak candidates, when post-Bush they should have won the election in a walk.

All they had to fucckin do was put up a moderate white guy with a personality, and they would have won in a landslide.  But nooooooo.....  they had to go with either Hillary Clinton or a black guy with an arab name who's only been in politics since like last Tuesday.  ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 12:52:13 PM »
I knew this would happen...  the Dems fucck themselves every time by putting up weak candidates, when post-Bush they should have won the election in a walk.

All they had to fucckin do was put up a moderate white guy with a personality, and they would have won in a landslide.  But nooooooo.....  they had to go with either Hillary Clinton or a black guy with an arab name who's only been in politics since like last Tuesday.  ::)

I agree, except Obama is white.   :)

Both parties have been doing this for decades:  Mondale, Dukakis, Gore, Kerry, Hillary, Ford, Dole, Bush.  There are always far better candidates on the sidelines.  It's really a shame. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 01:05:36 PM »
I agree, except Obama is white.   :) 
::) Beach Bum, stop being such an idiot...  You are so clueless when it comes to race.

BLACK:

This is about as dumb as Walker Texas Ranger thinking he's Indian :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 01:06:37 PM »
::) Beach Bum, stop being such an idiot...  You are so clueless when it comes to race.

This is about as dumb as Walker Texas Ranger thinking he's Indian :D

You first.   ::)

Post a picture of his mother. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 01:07:29 PM »
See the hands in front of Obama in the pic above beach bum?  yea, what color are they?  They're white.  You must be color blind like Colbert is :)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 01:10:13 PM »
You first.   ::)

Post a picture of his mother. 
I don't give two shits if he had a white parent, take a look at him, what are you trying to say, all his african genes were wiped out by his white blood ::)  How freaking racist man...  You're into some kind of purity crap.  That makes a pretty large section of the African American community delusional about their race, they're actually white because they have white blood mixed in ::)  Oh brother ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 01:12:47 PM »
I don't give two shits if he had a white parent, take a look at him, what are you trying to say, all his african genes were wiped out by his white blood ::)  How freaking racist man...  You're into some kind of purity crap.  That makes a pretty large section of the African American community delusional about their race, they're actually white because they have white blood mixed in ::)  Oh brother ::)

lol.  What??  You essentially said all his white genes were wiped out by his African father.  Your classification is based solely on his appearance.

Now, consult your racial identity handbook and tell me how you determined he is black and not white?   ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 01:18:15 PM »
lol.  What??  You essentially said all his white genes were wiped out by his African father.  Your classification is based solely on his appearance.

Now, consult your racial identity handbook and tell me how you determined he is black and not white?   ::)
No, you're saying all his black genes are gone because he's part white.  You're calling a large percentage of the African American community delusional for going thinking they're black.  Look, if Obama is part both, if he wants to associate with his black heritage, who the hell are you to announce he's wrong ::)  You said, "HE'S WHITE" Well clearly that's wrong, he's only part white.  His blackness is not negated because you announce it ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 01:28:25 PM »
No, you're saying all his black genes are gone because he's part white.  You're calling a large percentage of the African American community delusional for going thinking they're black.  Look, if Obama is part both, if he wants to associate with his black heritage, who the hell are you to announce he's wrong ::)  You said, "HE'S WHITE" Well clearly that's wrong, he's only part white.  His blackness is not negated because you announce it ::)

::)  Actually, I called him white, because his momma is white.  Tomorrow, I might call him black, because his daddy is black.  The next day, I might call him a Halfrican, because his parents are of different races.  But for the sake of discussion, today he is white.   

I actually prefer the term Halfrican American, which I've used to describe him on more than occasion. 

What you've done is the simplistic "he looks black, so he must be black" identification.  The old racist one-drop rule.  ::) 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 01:55:14 PM »
::)  Actually, I called him white, because his momma is white.  Tomorrow, I might call him black, because his daddy is black.  The next day, I might call him a Halfrican, because his parents are of different races.  But for the sake of discussion, today he is white.   

I actually prefer the term Halfrican American, which I've used to describe him on more than occasion. 

What you've done is the simplistic "he looks black, so he must be black" identification.  The old racist one-drop rule.  ::) 
Don't try and turn it on me... He's black, it's not my fault you're blind ::)  You're the one saying a large section of that community are delusional...  Nice, I'll idenity him differently as it pleases me BS you came up with ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 01:58:53 PM »
Don't try and turn it on me... He's black, it's not my fault you're blind ::)  You're the one saying a large section of that community are delusional...  Nice, I'll idenity him differently as it pleases me BS you came up with ::)

Yes, oh racial identity grand poobah.   ::)  He's black, because he looks black.  ::)  I could care less how you identify him or any other mixed race person.   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 02:09:18 PM »
Yes, oh racial identity grand poobah.   ::)  He's black, because he looks black.  ::)  I could care less how you identify him or any other mixed race person.   
No, he's black because he's half black and he came out black.  black skin is black skin, it's just a fact, it's not racist to see the obvious ::)  You're the one who changes his idenification as it pleases you. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 02:24:36 PM »
No, he's black because he's half black and he came out black.  black skin is black skin, it's just a fact, it's not racist to see the obvious ::)  You're the one who changes his idenification as it pleases you. 

And this is method of determining a person's race is based on what authority?  You're using the one-drop rule.  Very common.  But it makes no sense and it has racist origins.  No, I'm not calling you a racist.   ::)

I've seen far too many mixed race people who you and others probably couldn't classify to simplify racial identity like you have.  Saying a person is a certain race because they look a certain way is silly. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 02:34:32 PM »

100% correct.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2007, 02:43:28 PM »
And this is method of determining a person's race is based on what authority?  You're using the one-drop rule.  Very common.  But it makes no sense and it has racist origins.  No, I'm not calling you a racist.   ::)

I've seen far too many mixed race people who you and others probably couldn't classify to simplify racial identity like you have.  Saying a person is a certain race because they look a certain way is silly. 
well you can't say he is white by your logic and you did...  had you left it at some kind of mixed identification we would even be having this talk...  You bought it, own it... You placed hin in a racial identity as much as I did.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2007, 02:52:48 PM »
well you can't say he is white by your logic and you did...  had you left it at some kind of mixed identification we would even be having this talk...  You bought it, own it... You placed hin in a racial identity as much as I did.

Own what?  The fact I've previously called him black?  The fact I've previously called him Halfrican?  Or the fact I've called him white? 

I can indeed call him white, because his mother is white.  I can call him black because his father is black.  Dude, this is a twisted exercise.  That was sort of my point when I made the first comment.  But we've had this discussion. 

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2007, 03:36:04 PM »
Beach Bum is correct in his assertion that Obama is both, and can be called as either one.  HOWEVER.  That is not important.  The overwhelming majority view him as black.  He is called by the majority as black, so therefore, he is black.  African Americans believe him to be black.  To someone who knew nothing about him, he would be seen as black.  Hell, some Americans even think he's a Muslim.  Remember, facts usually take a backseat to public perception  :(

Anyway, didn't El Presidente Jorge Bush proclaim that the Repubs would retain back in '06?  Hillary can definately win this election, though she would need a very wide margin to do it, as I suspect Republican tinkering when the election gets too close to call.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2007, 03:42:34 PM »
Beach Bum is correct in his assertion that Obama is both, and can be called as either one.  HOWEVER.  That is not important.  The overwhelming majority view him as black.  He is called by the majority as black, so therefore, he is black.  African Americans believe him to be black.  To someone who knew nothing about him, he would be seen as black.  Hell, some Americans even think he's a Muslim.  Remember, facts usually take a backseat to public perception  :(

Anyway, didn't El Presidente Jorge Bush proclaim that the Repubs would retain back in '06?  Hillary can definately win this election, though she would need a very wide margin to do it, as I suspect Republican tinkering when the election gets too close to call.
I didn't say he wasn't both but his skin is black, that's just a fact nobody can change, it is the color of his skin.  yes racially he's mixed.  The fact is Beach bum wants to ID him as it best fits his post for the day.  Today he was white.  He said he disagreed with goatboy that he was black then latter in this same thread he says he's black too... well why the hell did you disagree with goat then Beach bum ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2007, 05:50:02 PM »
I wouldn't expect Bush to say anything else

This is the same guy who said "stay the course" ad naseum and when he finally stopped he told Stefanopolis "we were never about stay the course"

Rove was confident that the Repugnants would retain both the House and the Senate in the last election - remember his comment about "The Math".   

These guys are not going to come out and say we're due an ass whupping.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2007, 05:56:21 PM »
Hillary can definately win this election...

How long have you been living outside America?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2007, 06:02:14 PM »
How long have you been living outside America?

I think any dem can win this election.

while the dems are being stupid putting up a non-white man when you consider trend voting prejudices, I think the repubs are being stupid with their batch as well.

for some reason, repub voters are EXTREMELY forgiving of their guys who vote LIB their whole life, then change their tune during the primary season of 2007.  you have guys who gave haven to illegals, used city $ to protect mistress, hired illegals, banned guns, promoted abortion, and consorted with groups that help terrorists (as rudy did with ihs rudy inc business in 2005).  ANd the repubs don't care.  They have no standards anymore. 

another thing- I was perhaps the BIGGEST clinton hater during the 90s.  Today?  I see her as MORE HONEST than Bush and MORE LIKELY to fix fractured world relations than Bush.  More likely to fix health care and domestic economy too.  If I'm any barometer of a lifetime repub who can suddenly stand hilary due to 911 lies, wmd lies, and just plain tired of bush lying/abusing constutition... well... I think anyone they run will have a decent chance. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2007, 06:07:06 PM »

You are absolutely correct.  In our society, people use race classifications based on a person's appearance, regardless of what the person's true ethnicity might me.  A person who "looks black" is considered black by society.  Just look at Tiger Woods.  His mother is Asian and his father was part black.  But because he has dark skin and some "black" features, society says he is black.  Have you ever heard Tiger describe himself as a black man?  

Perception is reality.  You are right again.  

Regarding Hillary, I think her negatives are way too high to win the election.  Unless the Republicans nominate a real dud, I just can't see her winning the election.    

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2007, 06:08:52 PM »
I didn't say he wasn't both but his skin is black, that's just a fact nobody can change, it is the color of his skin.  yes racially he's mixed.  The fact is Beach bum wants to ID him as it best fits his post for the day.  Today he was white.  He said he disagreed with goatboy that he was black then latter in this same thread he says he's black too... well why the hell did you disagree with goat then Beach bum ::)

Oh I don't know.  Maybe I was trying to highlight the problems with race classifications?  Trying to be funny?  Something like that.   ::) 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2007, 06:12:09 PM »
I am still amazed that republican candidates get elected.

Their interests in privatizing everything and legislating solely to the benefit of the monied elites while overloading the burdens of the middle and lower class should bar them from receiving even scant support in popular elections.

But their political bullshit still draws votes from the great unwashed:

Tax cuts double tax revenues.

It's normal to work 2500 hours a year.

Any government program that helps you out is socialism and it fosters dependence.

Real americans hate corrupt unions.

You really can work your way up the income mobility chain.

Racism is over and everyone should be treated equally.

Tax rates are confiscatory and everyone should pay the same rate.

Abortion is the single most pressing issue--Once in office, I won't do anything about it--but it is the single most pressing issue facing us today.

Every country is threat to our well-being and we must be prepared to attack any country with our smart bombs which only kill bad guys.

You may not have health insurance but you certainly don't want socialized medicine...it's better to die a dignified manner--uninsured with no commie medical plan.

The government is stoopid and couldn't find a couch in a fucking living room....but I still want to be president!

God Bless and Good night.