Author Topic: O)ne of the funniest stories you will hear about Ferrigno ever!  (Read 7325 times)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: O)ne of the funniest stories you will hear about Ferrigno ever!
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2008, 01:44:01 PM »
I don't intentionally "bullshit " anyone, bigmacy.

I recall reading the story in Weider's Muscle Builder at THAT time.

Look at today's magazines. Does the Olympia or Arnold coverage come out the next day? No. Try MONTHS later.

Back then, it was sometimes 6 months later. Who knows what relationship to real time the Argonauts story was.

Quit trying to "catch" me trying to construe falsehoods, please. Things were what they were. Some details, times, places things are forgotten or bent with time.

Mike

Not accusing you of anything. Just pointing out the timeframe seems off. Saying World Gym East in 1979 was a World Gym franchisee was 100% false and misleading to anyone who actually cares about Mike Katz. Also saying they have a gym with 14,000 members is totally off-base. The Branford Gym is always busy but to say it has 14,000 members when Branford only has a little only 20,000 people in it is an exaggeration. I doubt many of the biggest gyms in the country have that many members let alone a gym that probably only has a couple hundred parking spots.
The House that Ruth built

Moosejay

« Reply #76 on: January 01, 2008, 01:59:50 PM »
Not accusing you of anything. Just pointing out the timeframe seems off. Saying World Gym East in 1979 was a World Gym franchisee was 100% false and misleading to anyone who actually cares about Mike Katz. Also saying they have a gym with 14,000 members is totally off-base. The Branford Gym is always busy but to say it has 14,000 members when Branford only has a little only 20,000 people in it is an exaggeration. I doubt many of the biggest gyms in the country have that many members let alone a gym that probably only has a couple hundred parking spots.

Agreed. I get a little "salty" with the details, and probably shouldn't.

Yes...thta number sounded crazy to me...and, since things are all about math in general, it should not compute.

I was told that number by another long-time, independent gym owner ( whom I am certain you are likely familiar with)...he said "14,000 members..." which I should not have absorbed as truth.

Maybe he was just exaggerating to translate their success with the new Planet Fitness business model, which I can clearly see has amplified their business.

Peace,

Mike   

LongtimeLurker

• Getbig II
« Reply #77 on: January 01, 2008, 02:22:58 PM »
$14 grand in equipment according to the first post, not 14k members
I remember we were able to outfit the entire gym (about 4,000 square feet) for $14,000.00

Moosejay

« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2008, 03:38:15 PM »
$14 grand in equipment according to the first post, not 14k members

No, he was right in seeing my error.

My friend purchased 14K worth of equipment from Ferrigno(correct); I erroneously reported that the Branford, CT P-Fitness had 14K in members(incorrect)!

Mike

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2008, 12:22:54 PM »
hahahahahahahh great story Moose. Anymore gems you'd wish to share?

roc

• Getbig III
« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2008, 12:31:59 PM »
nice to have you back Mike.(Moose)

JimmyThomson

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2008, 02:43:19 AM »
Jimmy speaks the truth...I can corroborate his stories.

Mike

I think this says it all  ;)
Master of the Masters.