Author Topic: My stab at 225 lbs for reps!  (Read 15998 times)

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
Re: My stab at 225 lbs for reps!
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2008, 05:59:49 PM »
Chris, I have a question -

As you know your DL 1RM (or at least can calculate it using your 10RM, etc)...

Can you create a formula for estimating one's max number of reps with 225, using their 1RM, 5 RM, or 10RM?

I know there are a lot of factors like endurance, etc... but if anyone could do the math and estimate one, I thought it'd be you.

There's no way you could calculate a formula that would really cover endurance vs maximum strength.  Far too different streets.  Its like saying calculate how quick a sprinter can run a marathon :)

Think about that guy that does that curl challenge at the arnold "Dragon something?", he destroys at it but he's not going to be curling up megaweight.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2008, 06:00:53 PM »
goddamnit I had planned on putting that at the end to automatically secure myself from cracker fvcks like you  >:(

Are you gonna give the other competition a shot? or this one?
I'm debating, those PL guys are talking about 15-20 reps with 500, I know from experience I can only get 3-4 reps. :'(

I have already pulled 30 reps with 225, after Adonis first opened his mouth about 112 reps, so I am leaning more towards the higher rep challenge.

How about you? What kind of reps have you pulled with 225?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2008, 06:07:54 PM »
I'm debating, those PL guys are talking about 15-20 reps with 500, I know from experience I can only get 3-4 reps. :'(

I have already pulled 30 reps with 225, after Adonis first opened his mouth about 112 reps, so I am leaning more towards the higher rep challenge.

Youre not going to see me at 15-20.  Ill be lucky to get 10.

Jason

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2008, 06:11:24 PM »

FAAAAAAARK 15-20 reps  :o

I have yet to see how many I can pull with 225, I did two reps yesterday in between my bench press sets to see how heavy it felt ;D I haven't deadlifted since april, and I'm still having some minor issues with my back so I don't know if I'm even healthy enough to deadlift yet.

Tomorrow I will warmup thoroughly and see what happens  8)
follow the arrows

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2008, 06:17:18 PM »
Youre not going to see me at 15-20.  Ill be lucky to get 10.

Jason
Yeah, but from my view, knowing I'm only good for 3-4, it makes it no contest for me.

I'm not saying I could match/beat Chris Mason's 58, but I think I would get closer to that, than the 500 for reps.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2008, 06:23:47 PM »
to get more reps, yes, ofcourse.

S.A.I.D. - Specific Adaptation to Imposed Demand

Training for high reps elicits a different adaptation.  So, basically, a few high rep sessions would result in an increase in reps performed.

Beyond that:
- Crank the wrist straps
- Possibily work 25 reps at a time with a brief rest between

w

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2008, 06:24:50 PM »

Can you create a formula for estimating one's max number of reps with 225, using their 1RM, 5 RM, or 10RM?

I know there are a lot of factors like endurance, etc... but if anyone could do the math and estimate one, I thought it'd be you.

I think those calculators are not very accurate.  I suppose something could be worked out, but it would be so generic as to have no real meaning.
w

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: January 01, 2008, 06:25:05 PM »
can i have your autograph?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2008, 06:34:03 PM »
Most I ever got with 225 was like 27.. At a weight for 210 lbs or more.

I have a hard time using Mason's form.. I use all back like Mr. Magoo for some because it just feels more natural to me.

I did do 405 for a single and that's my best ever deadlift at a younger age and when I was chubby.

Here's a pic of me at 19 when I was able to manage that many reps.. These days I'd struggle to hit 20 hahaha pathetic

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #109 on: January 01, 2008, 06:53:00 PM »
S.A.I.D. - Specific Adaptation to Imposed Demand

Training for high reps elicits a different adaptation.  So, basically, a few high rep sessions would result in an increase in reps performed.

Beyond that:
- Crank the wrist straps
- Possibily work 25 reps at a time with a brief rest between

Thanks for the reply!
follow the arrows

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2008, 11:33:48 PM »
Most I ever got with 225 was like 27.. At a weight for 210 lbs or more.

I have a hard time using Mason's form.. I use all back like Mr. Magoo for some because it just feels more natural to me.

I did do 405 for a single and that's my best ever deadlift at a younger age and when I was chubby.

Here's a pic of me at 19 when I was able to manage that many reps.. These days I'd struggle to hit 20 hahaha pathetic

Damn.  I had no idea you were so small.

My condolences.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2008, 04:05:09 AM »
I see my record still stands front and center as it should.  If one were to use the brain, achieving 112 reps with 225 lbs on a deadlift is mere simplicity albeit with a tincture of skill rubbed in for good measure. 

I await the man who can break the sword that I thrust ever so deeply in the stone.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #112 on: January 02, 2008, 04:10:06 AM »
TA never said he did it without rest. He did it with periods of rest, Canning.

no, he said something like he got 112 reps and it only took him about 3 minutes which worked out to be a rep every 3 seconds or something like that which I said was impossible waaaaaay back in the TA deadlift thread around the time of the Arnold classic. 
nasser=piece of shit

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2008, 05:10:46 AM »
no, he said something like he got 112 reps and it only took him about 3 minutes which worked out to be a rep every 3 seconds or something like that which I said was impossible waaaaaay back in the TA deadlift thread around the time of the Arnold classic. 

The way I remember it was he said he did rest as he went ..but at the top...and it took 5 minutes or so. All of these guys have done their max reps well under the 3 minute mark...they just ran out of steam. So, even though I think Adonis is full of shit completely...technically, time wise, it should be possible if you had super duper endurance...because Chris did 58 and had quite a bit of time to spare ...but again, I don't think Adonis did it, he just was stirring the pot for laughs.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2008, 05:52:13 AM »
  The way I remember it was he said he did rest as he went ..but at the top...and it took 5 minutes or so. All of these guys have done their max reps well under the 3 minute mark...they just ran out of steam. So, even though I think Adonis is full of shit completely...technically, time wise, it should be possible if you had super duper endurance...because Chris did 58 and had quite a bit of time to spare ...but again, I don't think Adonis did it, he just was stirring the pot for laughs.
I don't remember, I just know when I divided the number of reps performed by the time in seconds that he had stated the pace was incredible. 
nasser=piece of shit

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2008, 05:57:45 AM »
I don't remember, I just know when I divided the number of reps performed by the time in seconds that he had stated the pace was incredible. 

I could be mistaken. I know one thing...I could never come close to  what Chris Mason did. Awesome job  Chris.

Miss Demeanor

• Getbig III
« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2008, 06:56:01 AM »
I see my record still stands front and center as it should.  If one were to use the brain, achieving 112 reps with 225 lbs on a deadlift is mere simplicity albeit with a tincture of skill rubbed in for good measure. 

You claim to be a professional student of sorts, right? 

Honest question:  do you use this writing style in papers for any course? 

... Oh, and you don't hold any record.  You never proved you could do 12 reps, nevermind 112. 

But that's alright:  if it's as easy as you say, you should have no problem duplicating the feat and taping it, right? 

I await the man who can break the sword that I thrust ever so deeply in the stone.

Err ... if that's supposed to be a Le Morte d'Arthur-type metaphor, it's remove the sword from the stone, not break it.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2008, 07:06:18 AM »

;D

But it = to back up your claim Adonix.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #118 on: January 02, 2008, 03:42:25 PM »

Lol, prove it, otherwise it is just a baseless claim. 
w

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #119 on: January 02, 2008, 06:25:14 PM »
Lol, prove it, otherwise it is just a baseless claim. 

I think I, as would the entire GetBig board, would love to see this....

...but come on- we ALL KNOW it's just NOT going to happen. In any of our lifetimes. It never happened, except for in Adonis' imagination. :-\

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #120 on: January 02, 2008, 09:38:46 PM »
The GREAT ADONIS owns all your minds

hahahaha

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #121 on: January 02, 2008, 09:42:21 PM »

The math becomes a lot less accurate in situations like that.  Here is the general guideline as you know:

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/onerepmax.html
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: January 04, 2008, 03:24:54 PM »

Your claim is useless without a clip.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=103172.0
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #123 on: January 04, 2008, 03:28:13 PM »
The GREAT ADONIS owns all your minds

hahahaha

That is what's funny about the whole thing..  ;D

People going out of their way to beat some claim.. TA must really be some people's heads.

I still enjoyed seeing some people try though. You have to admit that Magoo, Chris Mason, tommywishbone and MattC all did a great job. Kudos to them.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: January 04, 2008, 03:53:57 PM »
That is what's funny about the whole thing..  ;D

People going out of their way to beat some claim.. TA must really be some people's heads.

I still enjoyed seeing some people try though. You have to admit that Magoo, Chris Mason, tommywishbone and MattC all did a great job. Kudos to them.

That's true that TA did get in our heads for the most part.

I think that generally speaking, those who take the gym seriously should be able to get up to 40 reps.  A few freaks like Chris will be able to get more than that.  112 reps would be hard for strong people even with 135 I imagine.
Bodybuilding Pro.com