Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
December 19, 2014, 02:12:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help please - pectoralis major rupture  (Read 1493 times)
tizertree
Getbig I

« on: December 31, 2007, 08:12:23 PM »

Hello all.
Im new here and am looking forward to gaining more knowledge.
This first post concerns myself, when i was benching i felt and heard a rip, tearing in my chest and bicep.
i immediately used hot and cold therapy on the damaged area, which i have come to believe is a pectoralis
 major rupture. this happened 8 weeks ago, i have not trained since i was going to start tomorrow, the tendon is still prominent, my question was has anyone else suffered this type of injury, and what is the recovery period without surgery, i work as a plasterer so i am using my arm daily, even though im not training. any help would be greatly appreciated.
 thanyou,
               tizertree
Report to moderator   Logged
Deicide
Getbig V

Reapers...

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 08:15:51 PM »

Hello all.
Im new here and am looking forward to gaining more knowledge.
This first post concerns myself, when i was benching i felt and heard a rip, tearing in my chest and bicep.
i immediately used hot and cold therapy on the damaged area, which i have come to believe is a pectoralis
 major rupture. this happened 8 weeks ago, i have not trained since i was going to start tomorrow, the tendon is still prominent, my question was has anyone else suffered this type of injury, and what is the recovery period without surgery, i work as a plasterer so i am using my arm daily, even though im not training. any help would be greatly appreciated.
 thanyou,
               tizertree

There is a very special thing you can do that might save you time, energy and money:

Go to the bloody doctor!

I hate the State.
mitchyboy
Getbig III

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 07:22:11 PM »

If I read corrctly, the tendon still prominent means it is torn right off. Should have done a little more research before trying to set world records in the flat bench Roll Eyes

DOCTOR NOW!!!!!!!
dr.chimps
Getbig V

Jungle balls

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 06:45:40 PM »

There is a very special thing you can do that might save you time, energy and money:

Go to the bloody doctor!
No shit. What is the problem that you have not had this checked out?  Huh
War-Horse
Getbig V

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 09:33:29 PM »

If the area bruised then you tore it.   If it didnt bruise then its likely a tear in the ligament.  If you tore it then it would be to painful to use at work.

Either way you better have it looked at by a doc.
tizertree
Getbig I

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 08:46:26 AM »

Went to physio, last night, Ive been told i tore the muscle, big time, but it didn't completely tear off from the tendon, which is good news, Ive been out for 8 weeks, he told me to rest it for another 4 to 6 weeks, the gradually start training extremely light then build it up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!