Author Topic: LOL @ anyone who takes life seriously  (Read 15667 times)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
Re: LOL @ anyone who takes life seriously
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2008, 12:07:47 AM »
Science will always provide more accurate descriptions of phenomena, and more accurate explanation of causal factors than "making shit up" will ever give ya. And face it: The bible = making shit up.

Science will always be more trustworthy than some man made horsecrap, because science actually demands critical thinking.

The only way to buy the religious dogma and the explanations it provides is to avoid all forms of ciritical thinking.

I won't claim to know how this world was created, but one thing both you and I will agree on is that Gary Busey played a key role.
Thread Killer

joelocal

« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2008, 12:08:46 AM »
I'll put it to you this way: I get along with everyone as well as anyone possibly can.  If there is someone that *I* can't get along with, I highly doubt the ability of anyone to be able to do so.

There would be no way reasoning with joelocal.  If there was a way to reason with him, rest assured, I would be able to do so.

Because I disagree with your theories as opposed to my facts means we don't get along? HHmmmmm, kinda shallow, but, ok :-\

Do you not get along with everyone that doesn't agree with you?

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2008, 12:21:50 AM »
I'll put it to you this way: I get along with everyone as well as anyone possibly can.  If there is someone that *I* can't get along with, I highly doubt the ability of anyone to be able to do so.

There would be no way reasoning with joelocal.  If there was a way to reason with him, rest assured, I would be able to do so.

Some people are just antisocial (not talking about joelocal) and can't get along with you or anyone else but those who get stuck with them by tolerating them. People who probably can't even tolerate themselves.

I'm not really following the bible debate cuz I don't know much about the fable, but if you want to work it out, see things from eachothers point of views. Just don't repeat the Truce thread, for the love of god.
~

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2008, 01:30:13 AM »
Yeah, see...the problem with that is there is more proof from legit archeological findings (yes, by secular archeologists) that match the books of the Bible.....science can't say that.

Confirming historical facts about a book written by man, does not change the fact that man MADE IT UP. Confirming certain facts about the bible within OUR frame of reference (like indications that certain people lived, things we can confirm) does not give the bible explaining power for phenomena outside our frame of reference.
Thus, Debussey can prove that person X wrote book Y at the time Z, and perhaps certain things in that book. But Debussey can't claim that this book explains the Big Bang.

Way to go Joe ;D

Confirming historical facts don't give "making shit up" any kind of explaining power.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2008, 01:32:41 AM »
I won't claim to know how this world was created, but one thing both you and I will agree on is that Gary Busey played a key role.

;D

YES!!

Gary Busey also created science. This is how Debussey can trust it.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2008, 01:49:45 AM »
ROFL!  ;D

Rather than using logic and science to determine what is MOST LIKELY to have happened while simultaneously acknowledging that it is simply a theory which may later be tweaked, Christians do the next best thing that any scientific or rational minded person would do - make shit up.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
HAHA, RON.....

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2008, 01:51:28 AM »

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Joes nickname: JoeLocal.

He is perfectly fitting the stereotype of the "local fool".

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2008, 02:49:25 AM »
I love how religious people use science when it fits their agenda but completely disregard it when it does not.

What archaeological findings support the bible exactly? I can think of 'a couple' that don't.

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2008, 06:31:53 AM »
Because I disagree with your theories as opposed to my facts means we don't get along? HHmmmmm, kinda shallow, but, ok :-\

Do you not get along with everyone that doesn't agree with you?

i dont think anyone would deny "fact" in regard to actual archaelogical findings of most people who were talked about in the bible.....that would be foolish. even athiests know that jesus was indeed an actual person. i think you are arguing that because of these "truths" within the bible are found.....that the bible is not mumbo jumbo.

1) yes, some people and places discussed in the bible were real (fact)
2) jesus was magic (false)
3) god is an emotional character built by man based on fear (fact)

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2008, 06:35:38 AM »
you have to remember that our science is so immature it's silly.  400 years ago, we thought the sun revolved around the Earth.  Imagine what we'll understand about matter and energy and travel in 1000 years.  We've had computers for 60 years and they control a world network.  Give them 600 years, see what they're capable of.

Point is, you shouldn't dismiss the big bang theory.  It's very possible and our most likely start by all accounts.  God might start a new one every morning in a different place.  
You forgot to mention that Getbig has only been around for 10 years and already controls the ADVERTISING world.

ALL ADVIL.
BigNationRadio.com

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2008, 06:47:14 AM »
The Bible is obviously a fairy tale for children...  your average 5-year-old could see through it...  yet for some reason millions of supposed "grown adults" view it as literal truth.

If you want to believe in a supreme being, fine, but at least take the somewhat rational position that the science is correct but that "God" is behind it, creating the universe using natural processes and the physical laws of the universe as we know them to be rather that accepting obvious myths simply because they're written down in some moldy 2000-year-old book.

Some ppl feel guilt, like they'll go to hell for questioning one word of it.

Did God pull a rib from a man and create a woman, and did they live in a happy garden with a snake and an apple?  Science says no.

Is there some powerful force or energy that dictates the creation and movement of a trillion trillion stars and planets and life forms?  Sure.  Can our feeble minds comprehend and process everything that is a creator?  Of course not.  Our silly asses aren't going to 'solve' anything.  The creator has a plan and we're on our course.  We know that the actions of every galaxy, star, planet, ocean, tree, bug, amoeba, is predetermined by natural forces.  We can pretend we're "special", but it's very likely the course of nature has a plan for use based upon environment and hard-wiring that we're just plugging away on.  Ants believe they have choices too, as they build anthills based upon their hardwiring and unbringing.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2008, 06:50:25 AM »
Personally I believe in 16 creators.  <  Matt C

Your a total Idiot, GOD is the only creator and the Bible is true word for word.  Read it and get your life out of the darkness.  Mike Huckabee is going to take this shitty country back to what it use to be!

TEAM NASSER '08 
TEAM Nasser

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2008, 07:51:12 AM »
"Big bang" theorie my ass......much too complex for there NOT to be a Creator!!
It's sad that people actually think like this in this day and age. Certainly reinforces my belief in the theory of evolution and the lack thereof in some people.  :'(

/but hey, if you want to believe in a magical carpenter as the basis of a faith that is your business, i guess

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2008, 08:22:21 AM »
No....making shit up is thinking that "scientists" can figure out the creation (or evolution if you believe in that sort of thing ::)) of the Universe in about a hundred years. They can't find a cure for cancer or aids, but they sure know how the Universe was created.....there was even one retard that said it's been figured out...."case closed"!!

You should probably never speak, it gives you up for an inferior intellect.

omgsoswole

• Getbig II
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2008, 09:07:51 AM »
Lets just all hope that 'Joelocal' is the victim of some serious Natural Selection very soon.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2008, 09:34:09 AM »
ROFL!  ;D

Rather than using logic and science to determine what is MOST LIKELY to have happened while simultaneously acknowledging that it is simply a theory which may later be tweaked, Christians do the next best thing that any scientific or rational minded person would do - make shit up.

This might help you guys out....

How to argue effectively

I argue very well. Ask any of my remaining friends. I can win an argument on any topic, against any opponent. People know this and steer clear of me at parties. Often, as a sign of their great respect, they don't even invite me. You too can win arguments. Simply follow these rules:

Drink liquor.
Suppose you are at a party and some hotshot intellectual is expounding on the economy of Peru, a subject you know nothing about. If you're drinking some health-fanatic drink like grapefruit juice, you'll hang back, afraid to display your ignorance, while the hotshot enthralls your date. But if you drink several large martinis, you'll discover you have STRONG VIEWS about the Peruvian economy. You'll be a WEALTH of information. You'll argue forcefully, offering searing insights and possibly upsetting furniture. People will be impressed. Some may leave the room.

Make things up.
Suppose, in the Peruvian economy argument, you are trying to prove that Peruvians are underpaid, a position you base solely on the fact that YOU are underpaid, and you'll be damned if you're going to let a bunch of Peruvians be better off. DON'T say: "I think Peruvians are underpaid." Say instead: "The average Peruvian's salary in 1981 dollars adjusted for the revised tax base is $1,452.81 per annum, which is $836.07 before the mean gross poverty level."

NOTE: Always make up exact figures.
If an opponent asks you where you got your information, make THAT up too. Say: "This information comes from Dr. Hovel T. Moon's study for the Buford Commission published on May 9, 1982. Didn't you read it?" Say this in the same tone of voice you would use to say, "You left your soiled underwear in my bathroom."

Use meaningless but weighty-sounding words and phrases.
Memorize this list:

Let me put it this way
In terms of
Vis-a-vis
Per se
As it were
Qua
Ipso facto
Ergo
So to speak

You should also memorize some Latin abbreviations such as "Q.E.D.", "e.g.", and "i.e." These are all short for "I speak Latin, and you don't." Here's how to use these words and phrases. Suppose you want to say, "Peruvians would like to order appetizers more often, but they don't have enough money."

You never win arguments talking like that. But you WILL win if you say, "Let me put it this way. In terms of appetizers vis-a-vis Peruvians qua Peruvians, they would like to order them more often, so to speak, but they do not have enough money per se, as it were. Ergo, ipso facto, case closed. Q.E.D."

Only a fool would challenge that statement.

Use snappy and irrelevant comebacks.
You need an arsenal of all-purpose irrelevant phrases to fire back at your opponents when they make valid points. The best are:

You're begging the question.
You're being defensive.
Don't compare apples to oranges.
What are your parameters?

This last one is especially valuable. Nobody (other than engineers and policy wonks) has the vaguest idea what "parameters" means.

Don't forget the classic: YOU'RE SO LINEAR.

Here's how to use your comebacks:

You say:  As Abraham Lincoln said in 1873... 
Your opponent says:  Lincoln died in 1865. 
You say:  You're begging the question. 
You say:  Liberians, like most Asians... 
Your opponent says:  Liberia is in Africa. 
You say:  You're being defensive. 
You say:  Since the discovery of the incandescent light bulb... 
Your opponent says:  The light bulb is an invention. 
You say:  Well DUH! 

Compare your opponent to Adolf Hitler.
This is your heavy artillery, for when your opponent is obviously right and you are spectacularly wrong. Bring Hitler up subtly. Say, "That sounds suspiciously like something Adolf Hitler might say," or "You certainly do remind me of Adolf Hitler."

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2008, 09:42:04 AM »
Let me put it this way, in terms of creation vis-a-vis biblical history per se, assuming there was a great Creator as it were, one would have to believe that all beings did, ipso facto, descend from a single creature, ergo creatures, and therefore both theories are correct, so to speak.

Only someone with Hitler's mentality could disagree with that.
BigNationRadio.com

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2008, 09:44:12 AM »
Let me put it this way, in terms of creation vis-a-vis biblical history per se, assuming there was a great Creator as it were, one would have to believe that all beings did, ipso facto, descend from a single creature, ergo creatures, and therefore both theories are correct, so to speak.

You're begging the question.

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2008, 09:44:14 AM »

got a video spoof idea for this years contest?
its comin today

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2008, 09:46:43 AM »

You're wrong.  >:(

PS:  Please put this on:

Ron: "I am lazy."

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2008, 10:11:25 AM »

lmao......... i'm still amazed

everytime there is an argument about god, creator .... you name it, someone always come up with the REAL answer from where.......... yes, the bible, they have no proofs, no evidences what so ever, no science (well, they do........ made up science), saying the earth is 6000 years old (well, now there are saying 10 000) how they came up with that number? i have no idea?.

all gods, anywhere, old or new, are creations of mens

http://www.godisimaginary.com/video7.htm
are you delusional?

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2008, 10:15:25 AM »
You're wrong.  >:(

PS:  Please put this on:
Why would I want to walk around with everyone yelling out "Hey Jude"??

I may as well walk around wearing this...

BigNationRadio.com

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2008, 10:19:39 AM »
I think Gods smart enough to create evolution and the big bang if he wanted to.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2008, 10:38:43 AM »
I think Gods smart enough to create evolution and the big bang if he wanted to.
LOL. What are you saying? Joeloco's 'god' half-assed it?   :D

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2008, 11:26:08 AM »

That's right. One microscopic organism. Evolution/genetic mutation does the rest as long as the right ingredients are in the mix.
~