Author Topic: odd shoulder situation!  (Read 3643 times)

tallnskinny

• Getbig II
odd shoulder situation!
« on: January 06, 2008, 06:32:43 PM »
Ok in November I had a hernia repair. took time off and today was my first day back in the gym. I've been back to work since dec 10. anyway  my left shoulder is being wierd. i was intending on realy just doing supper light stuff anyway to get my body back into the swing of things but this was rediculous.  my left shoulder couldn't do full rang of motion properly for DB bench, side laterals or front raises. i tried some rotator cuff excercises and my left side couldn't go to perpendicular with my body the way my right could and didn't feel right when I did shoulder level rotations either.
 now I was literaly using 20 lbs for db bench and 5 lbs for laterals and rotator cuff stuff so it wasn't the wieght. and I used to be pretty symetrical as far as range of motion and strength.
anybody got any ideas or sugestions as to what to do for this or could it be temperary?
Thanks in advance!

eho

• Getbig II
  • Support Canadian Chiropractic
Re: odd shoulder situation!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 04:08:20 PM »
is there pain?   

do you feel stretching sensations in any particular directions? 

It could be frozen shoulder if ROM is restricted globally.  If internal rotation and front raising is mainly affected, then = posterior capsule contracture.

btw, what kind of hernia?

tallnskinny

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 12:21:40 PM »
It was an inguinal hernia on the left side. but the impingment if you will is kind of on the midlle of lateral movement like  near the bottom of an overhead press or near the top of side raised front raises seem normal.

eho

• Getbig II
  • Support Canadian Chiropractic
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 02:27:29 PM »
how are you doing your side laterals?  thumb up, or thumb toward the front, or thumbs turning down?

tallnskinny

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 11:32:27 AM »
thumb down