Author Topic: h.i.t. training  (Read 4960 times)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
h.i.t. training
« on: January 18, 2008, 03:31:01 PM »
hey guys. up untill a month ago...i was in the gym every day, 7 days a week, 365...i even trained on christmas and on my birthday and when i was sick. i literally hadnt missed a workout in three years.(except when i was in rehab of course.)  and my training style was verty high volume..at least 4 movements per body part...roughly 4 to 5 sets per movement..and 6-12 reps per set. my split was a 5 day repeating cycle of arms, chest&hams, shoulders&traps, back, quads&calves.

well for the last month i have been doing h.i.t. training...one or two warm up sets, one all out working set..two movements per body part...  3 days a week in the gym.. each muscle getting hit 3 times every two weeks.     

i have made huge improvements! for the first time in my life i am develping a chest...and my quads are looking sick.

dov

• Getbig IV
Re: h.i.t. training
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 04:59:19 PM »
does this h.i.t. training allow for a day off every now and then?.......I hope :)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 05:03:57 PM »
three days a week only!

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 05:12:36 PM »
No way I could do this type of training...I'm a gym rat...at least 5 days/week in the gym

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 05:22:57 PM »
yes so am i ! i love training...thats why i trained everyday for three years straight! no breaks, no rest days!   i am dying on my days off now..but i am willing to stay out of the gym because of the results i am seeing with the added rest.

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 06:01:38 PM »
I don't know how it's possible to see such drastic results in a month.  Are you still on the no-low carb?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 06:17:25 PM »
if he's done too much and overtrained body should react to less work

if you have to train 3 days and wanna be there 5 you can make 2 of them cardio days and you'd still be in the gym environment if you like that part or maybe do ab work or shit like that
Z

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 06:27:46 PM »
You are most likely making gains from giving your body a rest from all the overtraining... the overtraining was "masking" your gains, so when you came off of that shit and switched to h.i.t. your gains "appeared" magically.

h.it. is always better described as s.h.i.t. training = almost no basis in science.

Lesson learned: Don't overtrain, cycle your training. And don't train s.h.i.t.
follow the arrows

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 06:57:28 PM »
yeah i think the added rest has a huge thing to do with it.  but chaging up my training style helps to.. i figure i wil utilize this new style of training for as long as i am making good gains..then once prgress slows ill go more high volume once again, but only 5 days a week.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 02:04:19 AM »
New pics?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 07:24:53 AM »
maybe ill snap some this week... we will see. im not supposed to be posting any pictures of myself though...my trainer advised againsst it. ill ask him if he cares.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 07:36:12 AM »
why would your trainer care if you posted pictures of yourself?? is this person your trainer/jealous lover or something??

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2008, 07:42:18 AM »
why would he care if i was to post pictures of myself...hmmm....i wonder what the possible reasons could. be..?

:)

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2008, 07:43:57 AM »
thats what I'm asking why would he care??  lover quarrels?

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2008, 10:24:22 AM »
Or maybe he knows he'll get ripped to shreds on here and he'll be forced to sit in the corner of his bedroom sobbing the night away with a face full of chocolate bars.

Just a guess.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2008, 10:39:38 AM »
Or maybe he knows he'll get ripped to shreds on here and he'll be forced to sit in the corner of his bedroom sobbing the night away with a face full of chocolate bars.

Just a guess.
yeah that is probably it

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2008, 10:55:52 AM »
That wasn't really a slam at you Candi, just saying I know there are people on these boards who thrive on trashing other people's pictures so do what you feel is best for yourself.

Cheers.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2008, 11:05:00 AM »
ok so back to the original question of why you wont post new pics on here?  i was just fuckin with you before dont get your panties in a twist...and props on the transformation from fat to fit...so lets see some new shots..

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2008, 10:58:52 PM »
hey guys. up untill a month ago...i was in the gym every day, 7 days a week, 365...i even trained on christmas and on my birthday and when i was sick. i literally hadnt missed a workout in three years.(except when i was in rehab of course.)  and my training style was verty high volume..at least 4 movements per body part...roughly 4 to 5 sets per movement..and 6-12 reps per set. my split was a 5 day repeating cycle of arms, chest&hams, shoulders&traps, back, quads&calves.

well for the last month i have been doing h.i.t. training...one or two warm up sets, one all out working set..two movements per body part...  3 days a week in the gym.. each muscle getting hit 3 times every two weeks.     

i have made huge improvements! for the first time in my life i am develping a chest...and my quads are looking sick.

candid,

training 3 times a week is a very good idea IMO.

HIT may not be the best option though.

Even if you try other routines, I suggest you keep what was working when you did this HIT stint, ie the 3 days a week.
As empty as paradise

jorgen

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2008, 05:28:16 PM »
Congratulations on seeing the light.  May I suggest that you do some research into mike mentzer.  I really recommend that you read his book entitled High Intensity Training the Mike Mentzer way. 

I can almost guarantee that at 3 days per week you are still overtraining.
Good Luck

mrhighintensity

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2008, 06:12:58 PM »
Welcome to HIT! - Good to see others that train like that.

HIT HARD!
MR

www.markusreinhardt.com
HIT HARD! - MR

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2008, 10:00:19 AM »
hey guys...hadnt came back and read this thread.   

i a actually back up to 4 days per week training, but still very much training HIT.

my split is this

monday
 quads hams biceps triceps

wednesday
 back shoulders traps chest

friday
 quads hams biceps triceps

saturday
 back shoulders traps chest

i might post some pics in a couple of weeks..idk.

the reason im training more is because my trainer and training partner just stated up on a cycle and is in pre-contest mode for a big show coming up late this spring..and we are training like savages because its his goal to do the cal later on this year; and he wants to go into it with some momentum(a.k.a. a few wins).

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2008, 10:38:05 AM »
hey candid what exercises have you chosen for each body part?? and how many sets are you doing..? is it HIT all the way?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2008, 11:42:26 AM »
well right now we are primarily doing these movements

hamstrings= stiff legg deads
quads= hack squats/squats
biceps= barbell curls
triceps= cg bench press/push downs
chest= incline press/ low pulley cable flys
traps= smith mahine shrugs
shoulders= cable laterals, smith machine militarys, bent over cable rear laterals
back=deads, t-bar rows
calves and abs we do every workout...we chang it up, but most of the time go for high reps for one set on each calves and abs.

yeah...h.i.t. all the way everyday.  a few warm up sets, one all out set utilizing rest pause, forced negatives, drop sets, static holds, and weighted stretches after the set.   sometimes we incorporate one light weight pump set after the h.i.t. set in order to try to send in some nutrients to the muscle.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2008, 11:45:52 AM »
sounds pretty good bro can i ask why smith machine on shrugs?? just wondering....it sounds pretty friggen taxing bro keep up the hard work bro...