Author Topic: Nasser's response to Boyer Coe on PBW Radio  (Read 37824 times)

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
Re: HA HA - nasser can't afford a plane ticket!
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2008, 09:48:47 PM »
 :D

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2008, 10:00:33 PM »

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2008, 10:02:27 PM »
"saved millions from bodybuilding"  ::)

Who said that?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
Re: Nasser's response
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2008, 10:06:42 PM »
In all fairness, the gentlemanly thing of Boyer would have been to take a pass on the NASSER question. At his age, he has to know that if you're willing to throw stones, you better not live in a toupee house. Or something like that.

Special "Voyeur" Ed

haha

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2008, 10:54:12 PM »
Who said that?

I did.  Do you think it's unreasonable for one of the highest placers in bodybuilding for 6 years in a row who was also the most popular bodybuilder during that period to be able to save some millions over such a time frame?  Even after 2000 he was still making lots from his guest appearances, guest posings, merchandise sales, etc.

Nice logic - in the bizzaro world. So you claim to know what Nasser thinks/feels. How do you know he wasnt serious? Gut feeling? Psychic connection? You should be calling yourself a wizard too bob.

Has no one ever ever speculated what they thought somebody intended by saying something?  I didnt claim to know what Nasser thinks or feels, that's why I added the phrase "I think" before giving my opinion on Nasser's reasoning for the plane ticket comment. 

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2008, 10:59:55 PM »
And Titusisback those pics dont prove anything about his wealth.  My father is a millionnaire and  he drives a 2001 Cadillac that would probably not sell for more than $15k right now, flies economy class when he travels, and lives in a house which is just above average. At one firm I used to work at, one of the junior staff members decided to spend a chunk of his paycheck on a new BMW, and yet all the partners of the firm who he answered to and made about 10 times his income drove cars that cost less.  I also mentioned a few times before about a guy I came across who earns over $40 million peryear and drives a Honda Accord.  One of my friends who rents out of a basement for about $500/month bought a Dodge Viper.  Point is these little details do not mean anything.

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2008, 11:04:00 PM »
If Nasser was rich he wouldn't be talking all this shit right now, he would have no need to. And don't try and tell me that he honestly wants to clean up bodybuilding  ::) If he had balls he should have done that years ago. Nasser is in trouble financially and it makes sense considering his competing days are over.
Team Yates

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2008, 11:07:28 PM »
He'll  probably make some nice coin after he releases his book, just think of the guaranteed sales from team Nasser members alone..

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2008, 11:10:08 PM »
If Nasser was rich he wouldn't be talking all this shit right now, he would have no need to. And don't try and tell me that he honestly wants to clean up bodybuilding  ::) If he had balls he should have done that years ago. Nasser is in trouble financially and it makes sense considering his competing days are over.

What's the correlation between money and not being outspoken?  Here's a hint - there is none.

And don't try and tell me that he honestly wants to clean up bodybuilding  ::) If he had balls he should have done that years ago. Nasser is in trouble financially and it makes sense considering his competing days are over.

Judges were already biased against him as it was, so speaking up back then woudlnt have been smart since it would only further their biases and lower his earnings.  now that he does not rely on the sport for earnings, he is free to say whatever he wants.  He already specified this, not sure why people still ask questions that were already answered.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2008, 11:10:34 PM »
And Titusisback those pics dont prove anything about his wealth. 

Neither do your stories. Period.

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2008, 11:14:58 PM »
What's the correlation between money and not being outspoken?  Here's a hint - there is none.

Judges were already biased against him as it was, so speaking up back then woudlnt have been smart since it would only further their biases and lower his earnings.  now that he does not rely on the sport for earnings, he is free to say whatever he wants.  He already specified this, not sure why people still ask questions that were already answered.

Do you seriously think Nasser is the only competitor with dirt on people?  ::) Everyone has dirt, Nasser included as well.

In many professions there is a code that what happens between professionals stays with professionals. If Nasser was so worried about recreational drugs he should have done this back in 1996 when he truly could have helped out Milos. Now it just looks like some kind of smear. Nasser's recent actions reek of desperation.
Team Yates

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
Re: Nasser's response to Boyer Coe on PBW Radio
« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2008, 11:15:06 PM »
I've seen nasser competing twice and the only bias judges has against him is that despite his size, he simply didn't have enough quality to win. Now, this is a fact. I was there, you were not. You don't judge bodybuilding contest from photos. As I told a story earlier, I went to Toronto Pro contest and had to admit Darrem Charles deserved winning the show. I always laughed at Darrem because he looks so unimpressive in photos, but you have to see competitors live to properly assess their physiques. He was full of striations everywhere (something nasser never had, not at all) and his muscled really popped when he flexed. It's not enough to be big as a house. If Mr. Olympia was a size contest, yeah.. nasser would have couple of sandows. But it's NOT.

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2008, 11:16:35 PM »

Nasser was a pussy then. At least Shawn Ray had the balls to speak out - and it didn't hurt his placings one bit. He still came 2nd more than Nasser.
Team Yates

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2008, 11:18:44 PM »
In essence, Nasser is no different than Jose Canseco - who is now viewed as a rat and scum. He based his whole career off performance enhancing drugs and is now using them to smear other people's name simply for his own profit. Nasser is no different in this situation.
Team Yates

io857

• Getbig II
« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2008, 11:21:44 PM »
He won't recover.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2008, 11:22:33 PM »
it's more important for nasser to sell few lousy books and get totally TRASHED by the entire bodybuilding community than keep his mouth shut and have people remember his as the  bodybuilder who almost won Mr. Olympia title.

It's just desperation all over. I liked nasser way more just few short months ago, but he has truly shown his true feathers recently and deserves all the ridicule he's getting from bodybuilding fans. Zero class.

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2008, 11:24:21 PM »
it's more important for nasser to sell few lousy books and get totally TRASHED by the entire bodybuilding community than keep his mouth shut and have people remember his as the  bodybuilder who almost won Mr. Olympia title.

It's just desperation all over. I liked nasser way more just few short months ago, but he has truly shown his true feathers recently and deserves all the ridicule he's getting from bodybuilding fans. Zero class.

Typical human response though when you realize that it's all over. Live off the hand that feeds you, but make sure no one else can.
Team Yates

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2008, 11:27:39 PM »

Somebody photoshop a great big cock in that picture.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2008, 11:29:02 PM »

damn, I actually think you may be Jumpstart  :-X
Team Yates

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2008, 11:31:53 PM »
Typical human response though when you realize that it's all over. Live off the hand that feeds you, but make sure no one else can.

If this is Nasser's post-career meltdown, I can't wait for Kamali's.  It will be Epic!  ;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2008, 11:32:25 PM »

Actually it's in the picture already. The cock is just so "cute" that it fits comfortably under the fanny pack  ;D

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2008, 11:34:56 PM »
damn, I actually think you may be Jumpstart  :-X

Two of my favourite pictures from the board:

Bodybuilding Pro.com

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2008, 01:14:59 AM »
Neither do your stories. Period.

My reasoning provides much stronger evidence that he has money than some pics suggest that he may not.  No one has yet answered my few simple questions - a) estimate how much money Nasser spends to maintain his current lifestyle and size, and b) since he does not work, how much would he need to invest to get a return sufficient to cover the amount in "a"?

In 5-10 years when you guys see Nasser still has not had to work, yet he is living a decent life in San Diego and is still large will you then not realize that he could not have been broke all this time?  When people are broke they down-grade, they move to cities that are cheap to live in, they look for a job, and lose size (if they're a bodybuilder because they dont want to spend as much on food and drugs).  Nasser has not done any of these.

Also, from what I recall Nasser started offering his worn clothing as sports memorabilia while he still had a Weider contract, so he obviously wasn't doing it for the money, but to offer his fans something more personal than most bodybuilders do.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2008, 01:16:30 AM »

Do you seriously think Nasser is the only competitor with dirt on people?  ::) Everyone has dirt, Nasser included as well.

Doesnt seem like there's much dirt on him, since Milos had every reason to bash him and all he was able to respond with is some made up stuff about his penis size lol.  Of everyone in the industry Milos would be expected to have most dirt on Nasser more than others since they were friends for several years - yet he still did not have any.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2008, 01:18:29 AM »
I've seen nasser competing twice and the only bias judges has against him is that despite his size, he simply didn't have enough quality to win. Now, this is a fact. I was there, you were not. You don't judge bodybuilding contest from photos. As I told a story earlier, I went to Toronto Pro contest and had to admit Darrem Charles deserved winning the show. I always laughed at Darrem because he looks so unimpressive in photos, but you have to see competitors live to properly assess their physiques. He was full of striations everywhere (something nasser never had, not at all) and his muscled really popped when he flexed. It's not enough to be big as a house. If Mr. Olympia was a size contest, yeah.. nasser would have couple of sandows. But it's NOT.

So you've seen him competing twice and that's enough for you to judge his entire career of probably 60-70 pro shows?  ::)  Bodybuilding is a subjective sport, so just because you went to two shows and did not think he deserved to win is pretty irrelevent.  I would say the majority here on getbig and the majority of bodybuilding fans would argue that Nasser should have at least won the 97 Mr. O...and personally I believe he should have won a few more titles as well.