Author Topic: PBW Radio: Sergio Olvia - Constructive Comments  (Read 7977 times)

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
Re: PBW Radio: Sergio Olvia - Constructive Comments
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2008, 04:42:06 PM »
Isn't it possible for you guys to do a short course or get a little training in how to interview somebody properly?

You're messing up the interviews as there is simply no structure to them, or the show.
O

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2008, 04:58:54 PM »
Ha! Like big game hunting, or something. Another trophy for the wall.

/poor kid. welcome to the jungle.  :D

The jungle indeed ;D

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2008, 05:05:34 PM »
Isn't it possible for you guys to do a short course or get a little training in how to interview somebody properly?

You're messing up the interviews as there is simply no structure to them, or the show.

We're over all that now. We're talkin' about this tool called McMuscle.  :D

Sharma

• Getbig IV
  • TEAMNASSER4LIFE
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2008, 05:05:57 PM »
This show is a steaming pile of shit to me. As far as I am concerned the only interesting thing was the Nasser interview and Bob was a little rude to Nasser in my opinion. They didn't treat Nasser with enough respect in my opinion and then they had that Boyer nobody on after.

I will not listen again.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2008, 05:18:00 PM »
I finally listened to the interview and thoroughly enjoyed listening to Sergio again. Amazing that he is still mates with Arnold and has no hard feelings about the results of some controversial contests, etc. Sergio is a bit hard to understand but he is always candid and outspoken. He just says what is on his mind and it is refreshing to hear unprocessed comments from a former champion. Indeed, he is the only Olympia winner to win without a competitor showing up to compete against him.

He lost an AAU Mr America in 1964 to Bob Gajda who he was training with. He quickly learned he was never going to win the Mr America but could win the Most Muscular Man award. That wasn't good enough for Sergio so he eventually enterred the IFBB Mr America. The guys who wanted that title were annoyed that Sergio enterred that show because he was clearly way better than they were. However, Sergio wanted to be Mr America so more or less got an honorary title from the IFBB. I understand how Sergio felt because he wanted to live the American dream and be a success. He could tell he had the best physique in America so wanted that title.

They never got too much info from Sergio about the 72 Mr Olympia but Sergio was clearly superior to Arnold that year. Arnold confessed in my home that he would have won against himself if he had Sergio's physique. That shows that Sergio just showed up for shows and wasn't concerned about things such as suspensions, etc. Sergio is a classic example of what bodybuilders want. That is to compete wherever and against whoever they wish. Seems Lee Priest is getting the same shaft that Sergio received in those days.

I didn't mind hearing about the shooting by Arlene. Goodness me, he ran out of his apartment, down the elevator and to the local hospital, all while being wounded. That is quite a feat and shows what a guy Sergio was.

Thanks PBW for having Sergio on the show. Nice to hear him talking again and being his candid self. We don't see great guys like him any more in the sport.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2008, 05:25:25 PM »

I didn't mind hearing about the shooting by Arlene. Goodness me, he ran out of his apartment, down the elevator and to the local hospital, all while being wounded. That is quite a feat and shows what a guy Sergio was.

Shows that he wanted to get away from a crazy bitch with a gun trying to kill him and get some treatment for a bullet wound.
O

Armstrong

• Getbig III
  • Victor got screwed.
« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2008, 05:35:44 PM »
This show is a steaming pile of shit to me. As far as I am concerned the only interesting thing was the Nasser interview and Bob was a little rude to Nasser in my opinion. They didn't treat Nasser with enough respect in my opinion and then they had that Boyer nobody on after.

I will not listen again.

The fact that you think Boyer Coe is a nobody sort of means you probably dont follow bodybuilding.  That guy won almost every title you can win.  In the big picture, Nasser is a much bigger nobody than Boyer.  Bob can be rude some times.  But they do a good job for the most part.  Sergio was cool.  I was surprised what he said about Bob Hoffman. 
Everything is BIGGER in Texas!!!

GoneAway

• Getbig V
Re: BOB CHICK AND DON SOLOMAN....READ THIS!!!
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2008, 08:15:03 PM »
The same thing happened in 1975 in apartheid South Africa where Arnold placed first over Serge Nubret. What a surprise.

arnold won fair and square in 1975. look at the footage, the pics. serge was too small, didnt pose well. ferrigno was too undefined and soft. arnold had everything. if theres any contest where arnold was the deserved winner, that was it.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2008, 11:24:33 PM »
Serge Nubret wouldn't have won in 75 no matter how great he looked. Arnold may well have been better. What can't be disputed is that Pumping Iron didn't feature the contest between Arnold and Serge. Why was that?