Author Topic: The State of the Union  (Read 3270 times)

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: The State of the Union
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2008, 07:36:06 AM »
no, this part is wrong.

research hydrocarbon law. 80% of it must be sold to US firms in USD, and this cannot be changed by future leaders.

Have you spoken with any soliders that have served time in Iraq?

I work with a guy that just got back and he was seriously laughing when I told him about your statement that 80% of the oil is ours.

He said that right off the top, 40% goes to the Insurgents.  He was also saying how people will just tap into our pipeline and take what they want and then walk away from the leaking line.  Everytime one of our trucks crosses a border, the Insurgents take what they want.

He also said that the people over there have been told that it is ok to steal if it is for their family.  They drill into water lines, oil lines, take food and walk away from the mess.  This is normal procedure for these people.

I really think you need to take a step back from your all knowing stance because you read stuff on the internet.  Stop quoting numbers, like they mean something.

Lets hear some information you have recieved first hand from people that have been over there.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: The State of the Union
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2008, 08:10:47 AM »
Yeah thats standard practice for arabs...they do it all over the Middle East. The 40% to the insurgents shit..not sure what thats all about. I can walk outside my office and talk to 30 Iraq vets. U have to come to expect these people to steal. Once the Iraqi government takes more copntrol, they'll shoot the biggest offenders and we won't loose so much.  We don't 'control" the oil but we're there and we're not going anywhere.
L