Author Topic: Congressional hearings on TV now - steroids and baseball  (Read 6633 times)

Pete Dimano

• Getbig III
Re: Congressional hearings on TV now - steroids and baseball
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2008, 10:55:15 AM »
Congress asked Clemens for maid (crucial witness)'s contact info on friday.

He didn't respond to them.

Instead, he ignored the request, invited her over that sunday (after not seeing her for 6 years), he asks her all about what she plans to say, then he gives congress their info late monday.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm witness tampering?
!

Pete Dimano

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2008, 10:59:43 AM »
one man is lying to congress and the nation and belongs in prison for perjury.

is it the the trainer - who came fwd, spilled the beans, and has a syringe with DNA on it...

or is the the pitcher who outpitched age, tampered with a witness, and refuses a polygraph?
!

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2008, 11:02:46 AM »
Many years ago they asked similar questions and burned the "culprit" to death while tied to a wooden stake regardless of the stupid question.

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2008, 11:03:55 AM »
How would steriods cause your leg to need to be amputated? Congressman Duncan mentioned this earlier.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2008, 11:05:43 AM »
I hope Roger doesn't grow a third ear out of his forehead. That could hurt his testimony.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2008, 11:08:26 AM »
I hope Roger doesn't grow a third ear out of his forehead. That could hurt his testimony.
haha.  That interviewer for 60 Minutes should have smacked him right there.  Hell, even I wanted to ring his neck when he started talking about how steroids would break you down and it wouldn't help his performance...haha  Roids do nothing, but make you grow arms off your head, etc...haha, what a fucking idiot.
N

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
Re: Congressional hearings - steroids and baseball
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2008, 11:08:35 AM »
I'd do him!  ;D

I hear ya bro!!.....they should let him go just cause he's hot. ;D

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2008, 11:15:35 AM »

"It is what it is."

But of course, we all know that even that depends on what the definition of 'is' is. 

CC3

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2008, 11:16:31 AM »
AAS build muscle and burn fat. They have nothing to do with a players endurance. He doesn't ahve to recover asap. A starting pitcher plays one game out of every 4 on the rotation.

You are showing that you know absolutely nothing about the realities of the sport of baseball.  No one said anything about endurance; the real concern is recovery.  Do you have any earthly idea whatsoever what throwing 85+ for six to seven innings - even only every four or five days - does to your arm and shoulder?  Actually, I can answer that for you: no, you don't.  Otherwise, you obviously would not have said what you said.

I would venture to guess you really don't know much about AAS either, as you seem to be one of the people that think their only purpose is for building/preserving muscle and losing fat.

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2008, 11:17:29 AM »
Looks like Roger is going to get off scott free....

Innocent = $$$$+ America
The Number 2 in Scranton

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2008, 11:17:46 AM »
You are showing that you know absolutely nothing about the realities of the sport of baseball.  No one said anything about endurance; the real concern is recovery.  Do you have any earthly idea whatsoever what throwing 85+ for six to seven innings - even only every four or five days - does to your arm and shoulder?  Actually, I can answer that for you: no, you don't.  Otherwise, you obviously would not have said what you said.

I would venture to guess you really don't know much about AAS either, as you seem to be one of the people that think their only purpose is for building/preserving muscle and losing fat.
Hi Roger! How is the hearing going?

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2008, 11:18:19 AM »
When someone outright perjures themself...they should hit them with a mandatory 5 years.  I can't imagine some douchebag putting himself in that situation.  Only to try and convince the public you didn't do something.  Epic Denial Problems. ;)
N

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2008, 11:19:52 AM »

Take it easy.  This is getbig.  You don't need to know actual facts when posting.  As long as you make sense in your own mind, that's what counts. ;D
N

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2008, 11:19:58 AM »
When are they going to say that one is lying and the other is not ? Its just like a group discussion with no end in sight. Is there a vote?

And that lady with the four pictures of Roger asking why he isnt any bigger is an idiot ..
The Number 2 in Scranton

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2008, 11:22:46 AM »
Take it easy.  This is getbig.  You don't need to know actual facts when posting.  As long as you make sense in your own mind, that's what counts. ;D
Yes! I'm right 86% of the time, every time.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2008, 11:24:26 AM »

totally agree, athletes should be able to use them for recover from serious injuries, like a medicine. Its unbelievable that they are not allowed by law to properly medicate their injuries.  Maybe it can be done off season or at very low dosages.

To deny someone these healing medicines is unethical.

It goes against the Hippocratic Oath.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2008, 11:27:47 AM »

Yes, HGH speeds up recovery times.

How is this 'dangerous'?  

Beyond that, how can its use be considered unethical?

I really want HGH taken out of the steroid debate, but today's hearings did nothing to help my cause.  

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: Congressional hearings - steroids and baseball
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2008, 11:32:40 AM »
one man is lying to congress and the nation and belongs in prison for perjury.

is it the the trainer - who came fwd, spilled the beans, and has a syringe with DNA on it...

or is the the pitcher who outpitched age, tampered with a witness, and refuses a polygraph?

Ouch!  :-[

I hear ya bro!!.....they should let him go just cause he's hot. ;D

No.  But give him to me... I'd punish him real good.  ;D

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2008, 11:33:13 AM »
mcnamee got owned right now

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2008, 11:34:46 AM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3243081&categoryId=3153777
Videos on the hearing.

Man, watching this really gives you a good perspective at the number of dollars we waste on useless shit in this country every day...haha
If they came out with evidence that Clemens used, that would be one funny event.
N

Pete Dimano

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2008, 11:35:03 AM »
Looks like Roger is going to get off scott free....

Innocent = $$$$+ America

bonds' comments today will now be analyzed for months.

They'll be compared to a great deal of empirical evidence.  All the little things he 'made up on the spot' today will now be deconstructed.

if he lied about one thing, charges will be filed.  Ask barry Bonds.
!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2008, 11:46:08 AM »

The Democrats - collectively - aren't even trying to hide the fact that they want to bring Clemens down.

Why are the Democrats so aggressively taking the side of the drug DEALER???

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2008, 11:51:46 AM »
mcnamee got owned right now

Shays: "You were a drug dealer."

McNamee: "That's your opinion.  I just did what they asked."

Shays: "You were dealing with drugs, were you not?"

McNamee: "Yes."

Shays: "And the drugs you dealt with were illegal, were they not?"

McNamee: "Yes."

Shays: "Then explain to me how you are not a drug dealer."

McNamee: "That's your opinion."

Shays: "I'm asking you, sir, to tell me how dealing in illegal drugs makes you something other than a drug dealer."

McNamee =  pwnt

NubianMuscle

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2008, 11:53:54 AM »
Chairman Waxman...

"Someone is not telling the truth!"

;D ;D ;D
D

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2008, 12:02:23 PM »
"Excuse me, but this is not your time to argue with me."   - Mr. Waxman, Chairman, House Oversight Committee to Roger Clemens, who was calling Waxman on his bullshit

Waxman *definitely* defending McNamee...even going so far as to APOLOGIZE to him.

Waxman = DEMOCRAT, CALIFORNIA

Need I say more?   ::)