Author Topic: Has anyone ever gone No Carb (and I mean literally 0) for an extended period of  (Read 6463 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
time?

I am just curious.
I hate the State.

NeverTrustABlonde

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
yes

not a good idea to do this around midterms.....

coltrane

• Getbig IV
<<ENTER CANDIZZLE>>

XFACTOR

• Getbig V

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Well unlike Canned Jizz Load I just look at it as a temporary strategy.

Started Monday.

Just Zero Carb VPX whey isolate, Steak, Chicken, Fish, Pork....not even eggs since they have one gram per egg and tons of olive oil and fish and flax oil....

Will continue this way for 2 weeks whereupon I will introduce a one day a week high carb day for carb loading.

I think that zero carb helps melt fat really quickly...in fact I know it does

I would never use it for bulking though...just cutting...it is only a temporary thing...anyway the worst thing about it is its inconvenience.

Once target bf% is achieved will switch to low carb 50-150 grams a day...in morning only...

Boy, these next 4 months are going to be hard...
I hate the State.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
are you on any anabolics?  if so, then i would think this is fine.

if not, i think youre going to use muscle tissue at some point along the 2 week stretch

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
are you on any anabolics?  if so, then i would think this is fine.

if not, i think youre going to use muscle tissue at some point along the 2 week stretch

No, natural...

I don't see why I would be using up muscle tissue...

I take massive amounts of BCCA's and Glutamine...my protein intake is very high....
I hate the State.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
No, natural...

I don't see why I would be using up muscle tissue...

I take massive amounts of BCCA's and Glutamine...my protein intake is very high....

the only thing i can tell you is i have gone zero carbs before for about 8 weeks and im not really sure if i could say i lost muscle since my workout regimen changed...when i went zero carbs it was to cut and i changed my workout to a low weight very high rep with lots of supersets and some giant sets and every other day was cardio after lifting and my whole workout was done in sweats and hoodie...i was cutting and hard i kept my protein way up and zero carbs and i dropped around 20 pounds in 8 weeks not sure about bf loss...it does feel different in your body but not bad it does take some getting use to however...every week i had one cheat day which was my day off and i wasnt exactly "carb loading" i would just eat normally for a day...when i did i also superloaded with glutamine with around 20 grams of independent glutamine a day as it helps fill the stomache...how much weight or bf or you looking to lose? and you are right it does help to melt off the fat...and the cardio is big after a real intense workout do 30-45 minutes of variable intensity training...i liked it and come this weekend am going to start it again...but good luck and let me know how your making out....

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
trapezkurl is right....you shouldnt even have eggs if your going zero carb.   no more than .5 grams carbs per 50 lbs of bodyweight.

in that situation...you can have a very high fat intake and still burn body fat. but ideally, keep the fat intake moderate.   in fact...i like milos's approach to keto dieting...      take two tablespoons udo's oil twice daily, and the rets of your intake for the day is low/med fat meat products with zero carbs. chicken/lean steak/ tuna...   
d[-_-]b actin all cool

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
Well unlike Canned Jizz Load I just look at it as a temporary strategy.

Started Monday.

Just Zero Carb VPX whey isolate, Steak, Chicken, Fish, Pork....not even eggs since they have one gram per egg and tons of olive oil and fish and flax oil....

Will continue this way for 2 weeks whereupon I will introduce a one day a week high carb day for carb loading.

I think that zero carb helps melt fat really quickly...in fact I know it does

I would never use it for bulking though...just cutting...it is only a temporary thing...anyway the worst thing about it is its inconvenience.

Once target bf% is achieved will switch to low carb 50-150 grams a day...in morning only...

Boy, these next 4 months are going to be hard...

Can I ask you guys.  With no carbs I find I don't process the foods properly.  Don't you need fiber?

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
fiber helps with the digestion....but you should be able to digest it fine without, if you chew up your meat enough.    you could always take a fiber supplement. or.....a couple of florets of broccoli really wont hinder you that much.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

littleguns

• Getbig V
Did it for 4 days, carb depleting for a show, I think it is truthfully impossible to go 0 carbs, you get small amounts from just brushing your teeth!

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
Did it for 4 days, carb depleting for a show, I think it is truthfully impossible to go 0 carbs, you get small amounts from just brushing your teeth!
meat=zero carbs, water= zero carbs, whey isolate=zero carbs, udo's oil= zero carbs..

going on a few days without brushing your teeth isnt going to kill you.

but if your a little girl about it...they do in fact have zero carb toothpaste as well.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
TRAP, here is the deal bro.

You need fiber in this diet. All the protein and fats will back you up. Fibrous carbs are not going to impact your blood sugar, which is the reason for the lower carbs, you are trying to control blood sugar. Fibrous carbs will give you necessary enzymes to break down and digest those foods. High fiber will also make your metabolism work harder as it tries to break down the thick husks. Even if you wind up with 20 g. from fibrous carbs, that will not impact your blood sugar at all...Also, if make sure to take a good multi vitamin as well so you don't get deficient in your basic nutrients.

When you eat that much protein and fats, even with a small serving of starchy carbs, will be impossible to impact blood sugar. You can never get 0 carbs period.

Brush your teeth too, we don't want to smell that breath after eating protein and fats!  :D

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
TRAP, here is the deal bro.

You need fiber in this diet. All the protein and fats will back you up. Fibrous carbs are not going to impact your blood sugar, which is the reason for the lower carbs, you are trying to control blood sugar. Fibrous carbs will give you necessary enzymes to break down and digest those foods. High fiber will also make your metabolism work harder as it tries to break down the thick husks. Even if you wind up with 20 g. from fibrous carbs, that will not impact your blood sugar at all...Also, if make sure to take a good multi vitamin as well so you don't get deficient in your basic nutrients.

When you eat that much protein and fats, even with a small serving of starchy carbs, will be impossible to impact blood sugar. You can never get 0 carbs period.

Brush your teeth too, we don't want to smell that breath after eating protein and fats!  :D
you have no understanding of what a zero carb diet is trying to accomplish.

sure, a low carb diet will allow plenty of veggies. in fact, there is no limit to the amount of green leafy vegetables you can have on a LOW carb diet. they will only speed your progress.

zero carb is totally different.
it has nothing to do with blood sugar levels. it has everything to do with hormones.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
meat=zero carbs, water= zero carbs, whey isolate=zero carbs, udo's oil= zero carbs..

but if your a little girl about it...they do in fact have zero carb toothpaste as well.
hahahahhahaa, oh brother, now this skinny clown is telling people to not brush their teeth because of the "carbs" ;D i've heard it all now.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
The whole idea of not brushing my teeth for a few days makes me want to puke.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
hahahahhahaa, oh brother, now this skinny clown is telling people to not brush their teeth because of the "carbs" ;D i've heard it all now.
did i say that, punk mother fucker? no, i didnt.

stupid girl
d[-_-]b actin all cool

coltrane

• Getbig IV
just eat some carbs. end of story.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I am not willing to sacrifice my right to brush my teeth!  ;D
I hate the State.

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
hahaha candidiot is awesome

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...

the only thing i can tell you is i have gone zero carbs before for about 8 weeks and im not really sure if i could say i lost muscle since my workout regimen changed...when i went zero carbs it was to cut and i changed my workout to a low weight very high rep with lots of supersets and some giant sets and every other day was cardio after lifting and my whole workout was done in sweats and hoodie...i was cutting and hard i kept my protein way up and zero carbs and i dropped around 20 pounds in 8 weeks not sure about bf loss...it does feel different in your body but not bad it does take some getting use to however...every week i had one cheat day which was my day off and i wasnt exactly "carb loading" i would just eat normally for a day...when i did i also superloaded with glutamine with around 20 grams of independent glutamine a day as it helps fill the stomache...how much weight or bf or you looking to lose? and you are right it does help to melt off the fat...and the cardio is big after a real intense workout do 30-45 minutes of variable intensity training...i liked it and come this weekend am going to start it again...but good luck and let me know how your making out....

I need to drop a shitload of fat; maybe 15 kg or more to actually get cut. Had a lot of obstacles the last few months so every time I would start I couldn't do what was needed. Have a cold now and my insomnia is under control so I am easing into zero carb. I 'cheated' yesterday and had 5 eggs. Monday I will start lifting again or maybe even Saturday. I am going to be doing HST for a while for a variety of reasons:

1. You don't (or shouldn't) train to failure with HST
2. Constant use of large compound excercises
3. 15,10,5 rep range keeps it interesting

I hate the State.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
Dude just do more cardio, I would never sacrifice food, I would just work harder! If I were you I would go low carb and then maybe cycle a few no carb days maybe (2 or 3) a week, at least you won't be miserable and go mentally insane.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
you have no understanding of what a zero carb diet is trying to accomplish.

sure, a low carb diet will allow plenty of veggies. in fact, there is no limit to the amount of green leafy vegetables you can have on a LOW carb diet. they will only speed your progress.

zero carb is totally different.
it has nothing to do with blood sugar levels. it has everything to do with hormones.

You have embarrassed yourself enough today.

Please stop before you hurt yourself by thinking too hard. .  :-\

???

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
You need some carbs for proper protein absorbtion. Carb cycling is the way to go.
No doubt about it...