Author Topic: Has anyone ever gone No Carb (and I mean literally 0) for an extended period of  (Read 6459 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I did it for 2 days once and nearly went mad.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
  I used to go 5 days with zero everything but water( water  was kept to a minimum after the first 3 days) when I was younger wrestling AAU. Did that 3 or 4 different times. Horrible trying to practice with no food in you and dehydrated.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I did it for 2 days once and nearly went mad.

Pussy... :P
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I understand carb depleting for three days, followed by carb loading for three days at the end of a 12-16 week pre-contest diet in which you gradually lower your carbs throughout the diet, I've done it myself, but carb depleting for weeks?  That's interesting.

So in the absence of the extra water and fiber that comes from carbs, wouldn't a no carb diet lead to constipation?  Though fiber slows down food digestion, which is a good thing, water and fiber also help move food waste out of your body quickly.  So even if you drink extra water and take fiber and vitamin/mineral supplements to compensate, isn't it bad for your body to carry all that rotting meat and fat inside longer?

Also, wouldn't going low or no carb for so long mess up your body so that the next time you go back to moderate carb you'll store more fat from carbs than you normally would, gaining all your weight back plus some?

The whole thing just sounds like a recipe for constipation, hemorrhoids, colon cancer and fluctuating obesity.  Maybe some people are just built to live on a very low to no carb diet without consequences.

Well...

Last time I did this I had great HDL levels Low Tryglyceride levels, etc...eating tons of saturated fat. Constipation....sort of...what fiber does is soften the shit up; yesterday my shit was so hard it clogged the toilet. When you finish a long term no carb diet, you need to gradually get back to carbs, slowly but surely. I only plan on doing it for 4 months or so. Anyway in about 2 weeks I will be introducing once a week carb loading days. You will never store fat from carbs if you liver and muscle glycogen reserves are empty; they get fillde up first, hence the slow readjustment period. Other than that, I miss the oats and fruit...but perfectly doable...also training is a bitch on non carb...but the fact is that it is physiologically impossible for me to drop weight on a high carb or moderate carb diet; I have tried it. Bad Carb Genetics.  ;D

Anyway, say hello to Jebus for me man!  :P
I hate the State.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Well...

Last time I did this I had great HDL levels Low Tryglyceride levels, etc...eating tons of saturated fat. Constipation....sort of...what fiber does is soften the shit up; yesterday my shit was so hard it clogged the toilet. When you finish a long term no carb diet, you need to gradually get back to carbs, slowly but surely. I only plan on doing it for 4 months or so. Anyway in about 2 weeks I will be introducing once a week carb loading days. You will never store fat from carbs if you liver and muscle glycogen reserves are empty; they get fillde up first, hence the slow readjustment period. Other than that, I miss the oats and fruit...but perfectly doable...also training is a bitch on non carb...but the fact is that it is physiologically impossible for me to drop weight on a high carb or moderate carb diet; I have tried it. Bad Carb Genetics.  ;D

Good luck with your diet!   ;D

Anyway, say hello to Jebus for me man!  :P

Jebus?  Who is that?  Is that atheist for Jesus?  This is the Nutrition board, not the Religion board.  Man, for an atheist, you sure bring up God a lot, here and in the Politics board too.  You bring up God more than theists do.  Even your handle, Deicide, has to do with God.   ;D