Author Topic: Sooooooo... Obama won again huh?  (Read 9935 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Sooooooo... Obama won again huh?
« on: February 19, 2008, 11:13:45 PM »

;D

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
Re: Sooooooo... Obama won again huh?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 11:15:01 PM »

McCain looked like death warmed over. 

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 11:43:25 PM »

Who's your daddy!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 11:45:52 PM »
Gobama!

The Democratic race is FAR from over, though, especially when you consider the reality that Michigan and Florida will *have* to be given proper primaries.  

It's BULL FUCKING SHIT that the Democratic National Committee has the authority to tell the people of a particular state, "Sorry, but your votes in the primary will not count this year".

There needs to be more public outrage over this and I'm disappointed that there hasn't been.  

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 11:56:10 PM »
If I were a betting man I would say that Obama's got it in the bag and the Oval Office might as well be his.

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 01:21:11 AM »
If I were a betting man I would say that Obama's got it in the bag and the Oval Office might as well be his.
No.

Stark

• Getbig V

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 01:38:47 AM »
He's a terrorist.  >:(

Shaving was the right move.  Looks better without the beard.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 02:10:02 AM »
The question is: will he be assassinated before or after his inauguration?

Now THAT is a good Question

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 07:37:31 AM »
I have a lot of respect for Obama and would enjoy seeing a black president but most people are wowed by the feeling, the movement and his speeches.  People need to force him to speak about details to decide if his plans are what they really believe in.

If you look at some of his platforms, which are not spoken about much or criticized by the media, he believes in solving most of our problems by throwing more $ into inefficient programs and believes in bigger government, which usually does not work.  The only group of people he wants to cut taxes for are low income Americans.  He will raise taxes on the middle and upper classes.  He also wants to give driver's licences to illegal immigrants...which is just absurd.  Families making more than $70,000 beware...your taxes will go up again (and they are already way too high).  Why can't politicians on both sides see that the government spends far too much of our $!!!

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 08:14:38 AM »
Is it true his middle name is Hussein?

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 08:15:43 AM »
Is it true his middle name is Hussein?

Yes. How awesome is that!!!!!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2008, 08:17:44 AM »
Why can't politicians on both sides see that the government spends far too much of our $!!!

They're like Starbucks - as long as we continue to pay, they will keep raising the price. 

I rail against Big Government, but both the Democrats and Republicans love it, because that's what best helps them to stay in power.

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 08:47:17 AM »
Yes. How awesome is that!!!!!
I won't vote for him just for that. I gotta feeling a lot will be made of that in the near future. How could it not?

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2008, 08:52:26 AM »
I won't vote for him just for that. I gotta feeling a lot will be made of that in the near future. How could it not?

yes base the character of a man by his name ::)
Dumber than a second coat of paint ::)

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 09:01:48 AM »
Gobama!

The Democratic race is FAR from over, though, especially when you consider the reality that Michigan and Florida will *have* to be given proper primaries.  

It's BULL FUCKING SHIT that the Democratic National Committee has the authority to tell the people of a particular state, "Sorry, but your votes in the primary will not count this year".

There needs to be more public outrage over this and I'm disappointed that there hasn't been.  

I'm not sure how all that happened, but those were the rules if they moved up their primaries before Feb 6.  That is, those are "the rules" and a party has the right to make their own rules.

However, "the rules" also give Hillary the ability to take as many super-delegates as she can persuade.

Note that the Obama camp wants the first rule to apply, but not the second one.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2008, 10:02:52 AM »
Seems fairly safe to bet that Obama will get the nod.
I see him as president more than Hillary, I just wish I agreed with more of his platforms.

I went to his website and looked at several issues.  In the vast majority of subjects he vows to raise funding for each program.  Thats not what we need.  We need efficiency and less government spending.  I agree with him on lobbyist and strengthening global markets but sounds like he is going to waste more of our tax $ on programs that don't work well.

Lifter4Life

• Getbig III
  • I RUN THIS PLACE,GET USED TO IT!!
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2008, 10:06:19 AM »
No way Obama will ever be elected as president! ;)

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2008, 10:55:35 AM »
yes base the character of a man by his name ::)
Dumber than a second coat of paint ::)
Not by his name, but by what he is. They make a big deal of being a Mormon or by being Catholic, but we're just supposed to ignore his muslim background.

Lifter4Life

• Getbig III
  • I RUN THIS PLACE,GET USED TO IT!!
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2008, 11:01:34 AM »
Voting for Obama would be wasting your vote. He is the token black guy this year. Ya heard!

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2008, 11:03:00 AM »
Not by his name, but by what he is. They make a big deal of being a Mormon or by being Catholic, but we're just supposed to ignore his muslim background.

they make a big deal?  No, you and your brother bubba make a big deal. Hope this helped.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2008, 11:06:51 AM »

I'm not sure how all that happened, but those were the rules if they moved up their primaries before Feb 6.  That is, those are "the rules" and a party has the right to make their own rules.

However, "the rules" also give Hillary the ability to take as many super-delegates as she can persuade.

Note that the Obama camp wants the first rule to apply, but not the second one.

It's complete BS that the Democratic National Committee has the authority to tell the people of those states that their votes do not count. 

I don't care who signed off on what - candidates can agree not to actively campaign in a state, but they CANNOT tell those people they won't be allowed to vote. 

How many Democratic voters in MI and FL were aware that their votes would not count until the weeks just prior to the non-election?

How many citizens of those states were in agreement with that decision?

I believe I previously suggested holding another primary in FL and going with a caucus in MI.

I would like to see both campaigns come forward and offer to pay for these fair elections, because the wholesale disenfranchisement of American citizens is something I would NEVER support.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2008, 11:08:21 AM »
I have a lot of respect for Obama and would enjoy seeing a black president but most people are wowed by the feeling, the movement and his speeches.  People need to force him to speak about details to decide if his plans are what they really believe in.

America was ready for Colin Powell, in my opinion. 

To my knowledge, he never aspired to become President, but man, would he have been a great candidate, even after he took the sword for W. 

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2008, 11:10:29 AM »

I don't like his policies. A lot of his voting base is compromised of young people, and people just getting into politics, so they don't really care for the issues. Obama wants to spend more $$ when this country really can't afford to without piling up more debt.

But I guess in the long run more young people getting involved is a good thing for this country. Once they learn things and the baby boomers starting dying, things may change for the better.

Scott Alexander should be president. He'd issue an executive order calling for the reflooding of New Orleans and would give HGH to young men in need of improving their looks. Too bad Scott is a Brit.  :(

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2008, 11:11:44 AM »
America was ready for Colin Powell, in my opinion. 

To my knowledge, he never aspired to become President, but man, would he have been a great candidate, even after he took the sword for W. 

Colin Powell's wife is supposed to be a bigger liability than Cindy McCain. He would never have made it through a Republican primary.