Author Topic: Sooooooo... Obama won again huh?  (Read 9933 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Sooooooo... Obama won again huh?
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2008, 11:13:51 AM »
They make a big deal of being a Mormon...

Mormonism differs from other major religions in that there is a corporate think tank known as the 'Quorum of the Twelve' (led by the 'First Presidency') that seeks to guide the worldly lives of its members.  There is a direct link between the board of directors and the people who consider themselves to be 'good and faithful' members, a link far more extensive - and invasive - than you will find in most faiths.

This is not true for Catholicism, Islam, the Protestant religions, etc. 

I'm all for religious tolerance, but people should be informed about what they are dealing with. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2008, 11:14:52 AM »
Colin Powell's wife is supposed to be a bigger liability than Cindy McCain. He would never have made it through a Republican primary.

Never heard that one before - what's wrong with his wife?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2008, 11:16:23 AM »
i dont mind payin mo taxes if dudes will get up off the crib and look for a J-O-B instead on their ass until oprah gets off.  obama migh make lazy asses lazier

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2008, 11:17:38 AM »
nothing's wrong with her..she'd rather attend parties than worry about stuff.  alma's not an ex-drug addict like cindy mccain is.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2008, 11:21:01 AM »

CLinical depression.  On a lot of medications.  Can't have the future first lady zombied out at a rally.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2008, 11:42:59 AM »
From what I saw and know about Colin Powell, I think he would have been an incredible candidate.  I would have voted for him if his platforms were good.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2008, 11:45:37 AM »
From what I saw and know about Colin Powell, I think he would have been an incredible candidate.  I would have voted for him if his platforms were good.

He's a moderate republican, so he might have made a good pres.  However, he sold out for Bush, so his credibility is somewhat shot.

Google "fucking crazies" and "Colin Powell" for a good laugh. It's not about his wife, it's about the Bush admin.

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2008, 11:50:55 AM »
they make a big deal?  No, you and your brother bubba make a big deal. Hope this helped.
Sorry dude, it aint happening. I know you're all hot and bothered by barack, but he's a great orator with little substance who will get his ass handed to him in a general election. He's going to "change" the country but never explains how. blah, blah, blah........        It's histerical how all the lemmings have jumped on the bandwagon and have no clue why.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2008, 11:53:40 AM »
Sorry dude, it aint happening. I know you're all hot and bothered by barack, but he's a great orator with little substance who will get his ass handed to him in a general election. He's going to "change" the country but never explains how. blah, blah, blah........        It's histerical how all the lemmings have jumped on the bandwagon and have no clue why.

We'll see.

Right now I'm feeling pretty "histerical"

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2008, 11:54:08 AM »
my hunch is mccain will select an executive to run with like a governor or a businessman and if it's obama he'll selct someone like general wesley clark for vice president

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2008, 11:57:19 AM »
my hunch is mccain will select an executive to run with like a governor or a businessman and if it's obama he'll selct someone like general wesley clark for vice president

who'll select wesley clark?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2008, 11:59:59 AM »
obama

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2008, 12:00:29 PM »

Are you old enough to recall the 1992 Presidential election?

It wasn't like the incumbent - Bush I - was 'unpopular', yet a solid orator from Arkansas delivered a knockout by simply repeating "economy" and "time for a change" over and over and over.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2008, 12:01:36 PM »
It's histerical how all the lemmings have jumped on the bandwagon and have no clue why.

It's because he's not a Clinton and not a Bush.

Most Americans have had enough of those two crime families.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2008, 12:02:54 PM »

It wasn't like the incumbent - Bush I - was 'unpopular', yet a solid orator from Arkansas delivered a knockout by simply repeating "economy" and "time for a change" over and over and over.

yes tre 
and dont forget paul bugala's slogan:  it's the economy stupid!

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2008, 12:06:59 PM »
obama

no, he won't. Clark endorsed Hillary. 

Will be interesting to see if Edwards makes an announcement before Texas goes to the polls.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2008, 12:07:21 PM »
yes base the character of a man by his name ::)
Dumber than a second coat of paint ::)

Obama must feel very honoured to be named after the great Saddam Hussein, descendant of the prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him).

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2008, 12:16:04 PM »
Clinton actually was very good for the economy only after summoning a group of financial guru's to the white house shortly after the election. He was told how all the change he proposed would crush the economy by sending inflation skyward ala Jimmy Carter. It was then that he moved to the center and all the "change" never happened. But the economy motored along and everyone was happy. Till the .com bubble burst.   So all this "change is alot of talk and extremely unrealistic.  But the lemmings love it.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2008, 12:20:57 PM »
Very true top dog.

There will not be nearly enough tax $ to dump into all these programs Obama speaks of...unless he raises taxes even higher than they already are.  I agree about having enough of the Clinton and Bush family in the white house.

What do you all think about McCain?  He is really an independent that has swayed between the two parties on various issues.  I see +s and -s.

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2008, 12:21:12 PM »

Tre, I'm old enough to have had the honor of voting for Ronald Reagan.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2008, 12:24:49 PM »
Very true top dog.

There will not be nearly enough tax $ to dump into all these programs Obama speaks of...unless he raises taxes even higher than they already are.  I agree about having enough of the Clinton and Bush family in the white house.

What do you all think about McCain?  He is really an independent that has swayed between the two parties on various issues.  I see +s and -s.

The world is watching this election carefully. If Obama is elected, he could easily reach out to countries like UK, Germany, even France, and get them to help with stabilizing Iraq and thus fulfill his promise to "bring the troops back" in 2009.  Even a reduction in half of current troop levels overseas will free up enough revenue to more than fund his proposed programs.

I've done the math on the politics board if you're interested in breakdowns.

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2008, 12:27:06 PM »
He's a terrorist.  >:(

Shaving was the right move.  Looks better without the beard.

he probably cant wait to get in oval office then he can grow out his beard, put a towel on his head, and then bring in his other buddees from the other side of the world. 

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
  • Twink, Twink, little star.
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2008, 12:28:38 PM »

Guess what... he has just about outwitted the second most effective political machine of our lifetimes, the Clintons (the Bushes being #1).

I consider Clinton to be a FAR greater threat to Obama than Mccain is.  He's the sacrificial lamb in a change election - Dems could run Big Bird and win.  people are sick of this war.
Addicted to the Steal

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2008, 12:31:58 PM »
no, he won't. Clark endorsed Hillary. 

Will be interesting to see if Edwards makes an announcement before Texas goes to the polls.
he will appeal to unite the party by selecting clark.  dr brzynski is obama's foreign affairs council

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2008, 12:33:54 PM »
he will appeal to unite the party by selecting clark.  dr brzynski is obama's foreign affairs council

Clark has a very small base, and is liable to be swift boated by his fomer commanding officer (edwards was going to do it in 2004, but then Clark dropped out).