Author Topic: Baltimor Cops goes completlty nuts on a 14 year old  (Read 12547 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Baltimor Cops goes completlty nuts on a 14 year old
« on: February 20, 2008, 09:41:04 AM »
Land of the free ::)

i know these skaters are an annoyance, but no Cop should talk to a child like this...

hahaha just found this:

UPDATE:A 17-year veteran of the Baltimore police
force has been suspended with pay pending an
internal investigation of his actions involving a
14-year-old skateboarder at Baltimore's Inner
Harbor.

The confrontation occurred this past summer and
was captured on a video camera by the young man's
friend.

In the video, Officer Salvatore Rivieri tells the
boy that skateboarding is illegal. The officer
becomes angry when the boy says, "I didn't do
anything wrong, dude."

Officer Rivieri is seen grabbing the skateboard
and pushing the boy to the ground.

"The police commissioner and the mayor and
the top command staff saw the video this morning
and are disappointed. The officer has been
suspended with pay, pending an internal
investigation," Sterling Clifford told
Richard Sher.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: Baltimor Cops goes completlty nuts on a 14 year old
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 09:43:07 AM »
fuckking racists.  >:( >:( >:(

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 09:43:39 AM »
Bodymore, Murderland baby!  Cop has a history here.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 09:48:24 AM »
Videotaping police brutality should be  illegal without the written consent of all parties.

And he wouldve gotten away with it too, if it weren't  for those pesky kids.
BigNationRadio.com

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 09:49:07 AM »
with racists, i meant the skater kids btw.

Lifter4Life

• Getbig III
  • I RUN THIS PLACE,GET USED TO IT!!
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 09:50:03 AM »
Old news, next.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 09:50:19 AM »
I deal with teens all the time as a high school teacher. Sometimes you feel like doing something like that when some punk is a jackass. The bottom line is that no matter what the kid does, you have to do your absoulte best to maintain control and not lose it.You have to suck it up and be the adult in these cases and act in a calm,firm ,fair manner The cop should have simply stopped the kid and took his skateboard, end of story. I suspect the cop know he blew it on this one.
Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 09:50:48 AM »
Bodymore, Murderland baby!  Cop has a history here.

Hopefully the new mayor Sheila Dickson can find a way to bring the murder count down. Because that idiot O'malley was too busy getting it on with TV reporters to do anything. Did you see that black female reporter O'amalley was "supposedly" tagging on the side, her name was Sade and a African last name. She "mysteriously" had to move to upstate NY and was "mysteriously" hit by a car, when she was "mysteriously" supposed to pregnant with O'malley's kid. And dude is married to a Baltimore County Circuit Court Judge. 

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 09:51:48 AM »
Videotaping police brutality should be  illegal without the written consent of all parties.

And he wouldve gotten away with it too, if it weren't  for those pesky kids.

Good irony... but too obvious ;)

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 09:54:55 AM »
WTF, dude! He was way off the deep end.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 09:56:13 AM »
Hopefully the new mayor Sheila Dickson can find a way to bring the murder count down. Because that idiot O'malley was too busy getting it on with TV reporters to do anything. Did you see that black female reporter O'amalley was "supposedly" tagging on the side, her name was Sade and a African last name. She "mysteriously" had to move to upstate NY and was "mysteriously" hit by a car, when she was "mysteriously" supposed to pregnant with O'malley's kid. And dude is married to a Baltimore County Circuit Court Judge. 

Sade Bederinwa i think was her name.  Used to be on WBAL.  I always thought that story about her getting hit by a car was suspicious.  Never investigated though.  But the murder count will never come down because they talk a good game but no one has the resolve to do what it takes to bring it down.  Plus, there is so much corruption at the top levels of city government that they are too busy covering each others asses to deal with it.

On another note, I know Katie Curran.  Not the smartest person.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 09:56:26 AM »
stark you're an idiot he doesn't go nuts on the kid, in fact i'd have no problem with the cops doing that.  Kid should have showed some respect and not back talked simple as that.  
Abandon every hope...

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2008, 09:56:48 AM »
WTF, dude! He was way off the deep end.

the way he was talking about "I'm not your dad" he obviously has a son at home that gives no shit about him.
the little car he was driving and the stupid jacket may have played a role in his meltdown as well.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 09:57:25 AM »
Land of the free ::)

i know these skaters are an annoyance, but no Cop should talk to a child like this...

hahaha just found this:

UPDATE:A 17-year veteran of the Baltimore police
force has been suspended with pay pending an
internal investigation of his actions involving a
14-year-old skateboarder at Baltimore's Inner
Harbor.

The confrontation occurred this past summer and
was captured on a video camera by the young man's
friend.

In the video, Officer Salvatore Rivieri tells the
boy that skateboarding is illegal. The officer
becomes angry when the boy says, "I didn't do
anything wrong, dude."

Officer Rivieri is seen grabbing the skateboard
and pushing the boy to the ground.

"The police commissioner and the mayor and
the top command staff saw the video this morning
and are disappointed. The officer has been
suspended with pay, pending an internal
investigation," Sterling Clifford told
Richard Sher.

Stark, the Baltimore Inner Harbor cops don't play. And the kids skateboarding, A) shouldn't have been there B) should have shut the f up and answered the questions and left.

I agree he was a little heavy handed, but some kids need that, he said he didn't have a father, that is the way father would disciplined a  punkass like him. Better to be disciplined like that when your younger than to end up taken dicks in the ass in Jail.

I have seen worse, and it all had to do with somebody turning there back on a officer when he asked him a question. Failing to obey an officer is the charge.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2008, 09:59:38 AM »
I deal with teens all the time as a high school teacher. Sometimes you feel like doing something like that when some punk is a jackass. The bottom line is that no matter what the kid does, you have to do your absoulte best to maintain control and not lose it.You have to suck it up and be the adult in these cases and act in a calm,firm ,fair manner The cop should have simply stopped the kid and took his skateboard, end of story. I suspect the cop know he blew it on this one.
Howard

this guy did not know he blew it because he's done it over and over again.  but you are right about how to handle it--calm assertiveness always wins.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 10:01:09 AM »
Stark, the Baltimore Inner Harbor cops don't play. And the kids skateboarding, A) shouldn't have been there B) should have shut the f up and answered the questions and left.

I agree he was a little heavy handed, but some kids need that, he said he didn't have a father, that is the way father would disciplined a  punkass like him. Better to be disciplined like that when your younger than to end up taken dicks in the ass in Jail.

I have seen worse, and it all had to do with somebody turning there back on a officer when he asked him a question. Failing to obey an officer is the charge.

Look... and I know I start something here that will eventualy get out of hand completly but,

a) he had not right to say to him that he will get killed one day
b) that he will serve time in juvenile if he doesn't shut up
c) The kid was not aggressive or defensive at all
d) The cop had obviously other issues and looked for a way to let of steam.

Police men (and I know this is not possible since we are all humans) should never ever do what he just did, let personal feeling play a roll in his decision and how he handled the situation.

He knows he fucked up at the end when he made them sit down and nearly got nice to them..

He's fucked now...

Good.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2008, 10:02:30 AM »

Parker is right about the attitude of the Inner Harbor cops.  They take no shit and keep a tight reign because of the tax dollars that the Harbor brings to the city.  If these nitwits were allowed to skateboard all over the place and otherwise engage in disruptive behavior, it would run out money spending tourists

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2008, 10:04:11 AM »
Parker is right about the attitude of the Inner Harbor cops.  They take no shit and keep a tight reign because of the tax dollars that the Harbor brings to the city.  If these nitwits were allowed to skateboard all over the place and otherwise engage in disruptive behavior, it would run out money spending tourists

Fuck yeah tell them to get lost, but not like that... it's embarrassing, they are after all only kids.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2008, 10:06:53 AM »
Fuck yeah tell them to get lost, but not like that... it's embarrassing, they are after all only kids.

I agree it is embarassing.  Hell that's an understatement.  But those guys down there do not take shit from anyone.  They keep order.  This is the same type of policing that got NYC's crime rate down.  It all starts with the minor shit.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2008, 10:08:39 AM »
I agree it is embarassing.  Hell that's an understatement.  But those guys down there do not take shit from anyone.  They keep order.  This is the same type of policing that got NYC's crime rate down.  It all starts with the minor shit.

What will break his neck is the fact that he touched the kid.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2008, 10:09:24 AM »
What will break his neck is the fact that he touched the kid.

no doubt about that

Lifter4Life

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2008, 10:09:55 AM »
The cop should have tased everyone.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2008, 10:15:56 AM »
For real, that guy should be fired. He has no business acting that way or putting his hands on that kid just for calling him "dude" which is what the "cop" seems to find so offensive.

Think about this: If this "cop" gets THIS ANGRY and behaves THIS INAPPROPRIATELY over a 12-year old skateboarder calling him "dude", just imagine how off his chain and aggressive he would get over something big. This guy is a TICKING TIME BOMB waiting to EXPLODE and HURT SOMEBODY.  Pull his badge now and whatever you do, DON'T GIVE HIM A GUN!
BigNationRadio.com

Lifter4Life

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2008, 10:17:51 AM »
taz the little bastards

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2008, 10:21:10 AM »
For real, that guy should be fired. He has no business acting that way or putting his hands on that kid just for calling him "dude" which is what the "cop" seems to find so offensive.

Think about this: If this "cop" gets THIS ANGRY and behaves THIS INAPPROPRIATELY over a 12-year old skateboarder calling him "dude", just imagine how off his chain and aggressive he would get over something big. This guy is a TICKING TIME BOMB waiting to EXPLODE and HURT SOMEBODY.  Pull his badge now and whatever you do, DON'T GIVE HIM A GUN!

Excellent point albeit one that will fall on deaf ears.  Remember that cops by and large have this macho attitude not unlike this guy.  They are supervised by guys who made their mark by having a tough street cred.  So the attitude is fostered from above.  The ONLY reason that this guy will be fired is that it was caught on tape.