Author Topic: need work out advise  (Read 1610 times)

TEJAS SLIM

• Getbig II
  • Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength
need work out advise
« on: February 25, 2008, 02:53:01 PM »
to start i'm in a contest with friends to see who looses the most body fat and who puts on the most lean muscle.

so in the last 8 weeks i've lost 3% body fat lost 11lbs but 4 lbs were muscle i'm stronger than i was 8 weeks ago so how can i be loosing muscle?

my wifes trainer told me to do more cardio  now i'm so confused i don't know what to do  for the last 3 weeks of the contest help please

Redwingenator

• Getbig II
Re: need work out advise
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 03:15:20 PM »
The majority of strength gains during the first 4 weeks of training are due to neurologic changes in the muscle tissue that allows the muscle you have to function better.  After your body has maximized it's strength gains by increasing innervation to the motor units it has to gain strength by increasing the size of the muscle cells. 

I'm assuming you guys are using fat calipers to assess your body fat composition.  Calipers are not bad, but there is room for a lot of error from measurement to measurement.  You need to take the average of a few measurements over a few days and compare them to an average of some later ones to get a good body fat assessment.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 03:16:20 PM »
during any fat loss regimen you can expect to lose some muscle, however i would suspect that you did not lose 4 lbs... more likely it was mostly water loos (common at the start of a diet)...

what does you diet look like?  how much do you weigh?  how old are you?

TEJAS SLIM

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 07:50:14 PM »
i'm 35  weight 195 heigth 5'10" been weight training about 12 years

my diet
7:00  oatmeal with peanut butter or grilled chicken or shrimp omelette
10:00 chicken or fish with protein shake
12:00 chicken or fish with steamed veg's and brown rice
2:00 fish or chicken taco or sandwhich
5:00 chicken or fish with protein shake
7:00 chicken or fish with steamed veg's and brown rice

i work from home so i'm able to cook everything in the steamer

i'm also taking clen

and yes we are using calipers

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 11:29:04 PM »

No offense man, but if you've been training 12 years and you weigh only 195 at that height, you're doing something wrong (unless of course you're 4% bodyfat).

What gives?

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 12:05:44 AM »

my diet
7:00  oatmeal with peanut butter or grilled chicken or shrimp omelette
10:00 chicken or fish with protein shake
12:00 chicken or fish with steamed veg's and brown rice
2:00 fish or chicken taco or sandwhich
5:00 chicken or fish with protein shake
7:00 chicken or fish with steamed veg's and brown rice

i work from home so i'm able to cook everything in the steamer

i'm also taking clen

and yes we are using calipers

So are you just starting to get serious with your training? As Panda said, no offense but 12 years of training and only 195 at 5'10?

Anyway, how do you know that the 4lbs were muscle? And its been said, but it could very well just be water.
No doubt about it...

TEJAS SLIM

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 10:19:00 AM »
my diet in the past has been my problem i've been carring around alot of fat after two double knee surgeries all i did is weight train now in the past two months i've been doing alot of cardio i'm now at 16% body fat and want to get down to at least 10%

now that i thing about it for the first weight in i ate like shit and had a few beer on the way to the gym  this last weight in was first thing in the morning on an empty stomach so it was proably just water

how do i know it was muscle thats what the computer said after comparing the first weight in with the second . i hope its just water

mcb650

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 12:14:19 AM »
That's probably the biggest challenge in any situation where you're trying to change your body composition as opposed to just putting on muscle or just losing fat. I'm not sure there's a concrete answer or any real way to know exactly how much of the weight change can be attributed to one thing or the other.

Obviously diet is going to be really important. Any idea how many calories/carbs/protein you're eating daily?

TEJAS SLIM

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 06:38:07 AM »
Any idea how many calories/carbs/protein you're eating daily?

protein is about 200 grams a day as far as carbs/calories go i have no idea but i will start tracking that as well to help reach my desired goals