Author Topic: Media Prefers Obama's Rhetoric To His Command Of Issues  (Read 10148 times)

The Coach

Re: Media Prefers Obama's Rhetoric To His Command Of Issues
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2008, 12:35:37 PM »
Hey, you think I can log off for awhile and train my next client....or will I be accused of running away :P?

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2008, 12:36:35 PM »
WRONG FORUM, there's a beauty pageant happening.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2008, 12:38:23 PM »
You don't think it matters that you have thousands of Musslim terrorists that live for the sole reason to destroy us? What are you not clear on?

When did I ever say it didn't matter?

I, and others here have just given you multiple of examples that not all terrorist (groups or otherwise) are muslim.

The Coach

« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2008, 12:38:50 PM »

most likely joeloco will pass on this post.

Yes, I will because it has no relevance to this thread. But if it makes you feel better, I will post up somethings about Clinton including the 70 + people that mysteriously died during his administration.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2008, 12:38:55 PM »
Yes, I will because it has no relevance to this thread. But if it makes you feel better, I will post up somethings about Clinton including the 70 + people that mysteriously died during his administration.

why are you back?

and when are you leaving for good for the 4 th time, loser?
b

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2008, 12:39:13 PM »

LOL

Moosejay

« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2008, 12:40:25 PM »
Just for you Joe: All about George  ;)

Spent the surplus and bankrupted the treasury.

Shattered record for biggest annual deficit in history.

Set economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12 month period.

Set all-time record for biggest drop in the history of the stock market.

First president in decades to execute a federal prisoner.

First president in US history to enter office with a criminal record.

First year in office set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in US history.

After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, presided over the worst security failure in US history.

Set the record for most campaign fund-raising trips than any other president in US history.

In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their job.

Cut unemployment benefits for more out of work Americans than any president in US history.

Set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12 month period.

Appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any president in US history.

Set the record for the least amount of press conferences than any president since the advent of television.

Signed more laws and executive orders circumventing the Constitution than any president in US history.

Presided over the biggest energy crises in US history and refused to intervene when corruption was revealed.

Presided over the highest gasoline prices in US history and refused to use the national reserves as past presidents have.

Cut healthcare benefits for war veterans.

Set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously take to the streets to protest me (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind. (http://www.hyperreal.org/~dana/marches/)

Dissolved more international treaties than any president in US history.

My presidency is the most secretive and un-accountable of any in US history.

Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history. (the 'poorest' multi-millionaire, Condoleezza Rice has an Chevron oil tanker named after her).

Had more states to simultaneously go bankrupt than any president in the history of the United States.

Presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud of any market in any country in the history of the world.

Created the largest government department bureaucracy in the history of the United States.

Set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any president in US history.

First president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the human rights commission.

First president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the elections monitoring board.

Removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of congressional oversight than any presidential administration in US history.

Rendered the entire United Nations irrelevant.

Withdrew from the World Court of Law.

Refused to allow inspectors access to US prisoners of war and by default no longer abide by the Geneva Conventions.

First president in US history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 US elections).

All-time US (and world) record holder for most corporate campaign donations.

My biggest life-time campaign contributor presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation).

Spent more money on polls and focus groups than any president in US history.

First president in US history to unilaterally attack a sovereign nation against the will of the United Nations and the world community.

First president to run and hide when the US came under attack (and then lied saying the enemy had the code to Air Force 1)

Took the biggest world sympathy for the US after 911, and in less than a year made the US the most resented country in the world (possibly the biggest diplomatic failure in US and world history).

With a policy of 'dis-engagement' created the most hostile Israeli-Palestine relations in at least 30 years.

Fist US president in history to have a majority of the people of Europe (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and stability.

First US president in history to have the people of South Korea more threatened by the US than their immediate neighbor, North Korea.

Changed US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.

Set all-time record for number of administration appointees who violated US law by not selling huge investments in corporations bidding for government contracts.

Failed to fulfill my pledge to get Osama Bin Laden 'dead or alive'.

Failed to capture the anthrax killer who tried to murder the leaders of our country at the United States Capitol building. After 18 months I have no leads and zero suspects.

In the 18 months following the 911 attacks I have successfully prevented any public investigation into the biggest security failure in the history of the United States.

Removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in US history.

In a little over two years created the most divided country in decades, possibly the most divided the US has ever been since the civil war.

Entered office with the strongest economy in US history and in less than two years turned every single economic category heading straight down.

And that is not even close to a complete list. Vacation in New Orleans if you want to see more of his administration's beauty.

Everything you have listed (despite some inaccuracies) does not mean that you cannot thrive in America.

The finger of blame is still strong and gives many people errant reason to quit striving and exist in mediocrity.

The Coach

« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2008, 12:41:00 PM »

LMAO hahahahahaha!!

The Coach

« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2008, 12:46:48 PM »
why are you back?

and when are you leaving for good for the 4 th time, loser?

Ok, before I go I have to repond to this clown. Dude you have some balls to come back on here after the shit you gave me after my show........THEN you got exposed by someone posting your pic. When I saw your pic I couldn't figure out who was more delutional...you or benz, but after seeing your pic and getting totally 100% owned by Jason Pegg you are clearly the more delusional one.

Hey, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my info..........I can work wonders with fat people...hahahahahahaha!!

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2008, 01:05:17 PM »
In Obama, you have a guy who refuses to even put his hand on his heart let alone where a lapel pin of the american flag in support.

Glad to see you are getting informed on politics through chain emails...hahaha

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2008, 01:47:42 PM »
mccain is a good man, a war hero, and he'd make a good president.

unfortunately, in order to win the nomination he had to promise to keep the bush tax cuts for the wealthy and for big business. 

these tax cuts are causing a recession, plain and simple. we're borrowing from china when we should be taxing.  we SHOULD have been taxing during the nice war rich streak, but Bush didn't.  Now we're in shit.

Obama is the better choice because he will tax the wealthy and he will help the economy recover.  joe, I know you'll pay higher taxes with Obama, and I don't blame you for not wanting him to win as a result.  In the LONGER RUN, however, fixing the 9 trillion dollar debt and keeping dollar strong is very much worth us getting our taxes raised for 2 years.  Your home and portfolio will be worth squat if this recession leads to a depression.
I respect your many opinions on here 240, but this country needs a balance. For all of Obamas "we can hope" rhetoric, it cannot help disguise the fact that he is an old-school Democrat to the core. Lots of taxes and lots of nice big government programs, and expensive attempt at quasi-universal health care and on and on. Business will stagnate here if our corporate tax rate is 40%, highest in the industrialized world. I agree that we should tax instead of borrow, especially when the economy was hot for the last few years (fake wealth, but taxable wealth nonetheless). Barack is far-left, almost LBJ like with his government programs. That's all nice and great but we can't afford them. We cannot afford the wars, or the 50 trillion dollars in unfunded liabilities from all those sweet entitlement programs from the 60's (medicare/medicade). Until we take care of those and our debt and balancing the budget, we should not even be talking about spending money on anything. Because someday in the future our debt will be unpayable and those countries that took our IOU's will see that we are broke and tank our credit rating and up our govts interest payments. Which actually would be OUR interest payments because OUR tax money is the govts collateral. We need someone who will stop pandering, spending and over promising in the short term to get elected. But alas, we Americans aren't the forward looking because the future might be a scary one.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2008, 02:23:37 PM »
Not exactly a terrorist organization Rob.

he and his buddy (and maybe others - there was a grou pf them which met at his hotel who were never identified)..... they blew up a building and killed 168 Americans.

A group of men who killed hundreds of Americans - you don't consider them a terrorist organization?

Um, sounds like YOU are the one who's soft on terror.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2008, 02:25:35 PM »
I respect your many opinions on here 240, but this country needs a balance. For all of Obamas "we can hope" rhetoric, it cannot help disguise the fact that he is an old-school Democrat to the core. Lots of taxes and lots of nice big government programs, and expensive attempt at quasi-universal health care and on and on. Business will stagnate here if our corporate tax rate is 40%, highest in the industrialized world. I agree that we should tax instead of borrow, especially when the economy was hot for the last few years (fake wealth, but taxable wealth nonetheless). Barack is far-left, almost LBJ like with his government programs. That's all nice and great but we can't afford them. We cannot afford the wars, or the 50 trillion dollars in unfunded liabilities from all those sweet entitlement programs from the 60's (medicare/medicade). Until we take care of those and our debt and balancing the budget, we should not even be talking about spending money on anything. Because someday in the future our debt will be unpayable and those countries that took our IOU's will see that we are broke and tank our credit rating and up our govts interest payments. Which actually would be OUR interest payments because OUR tax money is the govts collateral. We need someone who will stop pandering, spending and over promising in the short term to get elected. But alas, we Americans aren't the forward looking because the future might be a scary one.

he promises to borrow less form china, and tax the rich.

we CANNOT keep borrowing this much.

Bush was okay with it, and so is mccain.  obama is not.  That's pretty much the most important issue IMO.  Mccain is better on some issues, but this is the most important.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2008, 02:33:45 PM »
he promises to borrow less form china, and tax the rich.

we CANNOT keep borrowing this much.

Bush was okay with it, and so is mccain.  obama is not.  That's pretty much the most important issue IMO.  Mccain is better on some issues, but this is the most important.

McCain painted himself into a corner with the "no tax pledge" or whatever. He voted against the tax cuts because they did not include spending cuts. Even with the tax cuts the US govts tax revenue actually went up only to be completely eclipsed by the drunken spending orgy on capitol hill, add to that the 2 wars with no war tax and there you have it.

Also, who cares if he is going to tax the "rich" the rich already pay the overwhelming share of the taxes here. Top 1% = 30% and the top 10% = 90%, how much more can you tax them? And it doesn't matter what ratio he borrows and taxes etc, he still plans more worthless programs with the almost automatic price tag increase that will be heaped upon the 10 trillion dollar debt and 50 trillion in unfunded liabilities. It's still stupid and will lead to the same place. I understand what you are saying, but it still makes no sense to me.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2008, 02:55:49 PM »
how much more can you tax them

Wealthy people haven't been taxed heavily for the last 7 years.  Quite the opposite.

Bush could have taxed everyone when the economy was awesome, and we'd be balanced today.  This is normal procedure, so you don't have to tax during a recession.

Whoever comes into office next will have to tax during a recession because bush didn't tax during good times. 

whateva

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2008, 03:50:12 PM »
Republican:
An evil, self-centered, homophobic, criminal, greedy, tyrannical, un-educated, red state, dumb-ass, NASCAR-watching, backward-ass, christian, redneck, hypocritical fear-monger that opposes abortion, stem-cell research, gay rights, evolution, and basic human logic, while cheering loudly over war of all kinds, thriving on torture, stripping populations of civil rights, practicing closeted gay sex with adolescents, and making policy dicisions based solely on profit and and greed and wrapping it all in a cloak of "morality" and "family values".
I hate republicans                                   PS:MELTDOWN

Moosejay

« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2008, 04:00:21 PM »
Republican:
An evil, self-centered, homophobic, criminal, greedy, tyrannical, un-educated, red state, dumb-ass, NASCAR-watching, backward-ass, christian, redneck, hypocritical fear-monger that opposes abortion, stem-cell research, gay rights, evolution, and basic human logic, while cheering loudly over war of all kinds, thriving on torture, stripping populations of civil rights, practicing closeted gay sex with adolescents, and making policy dicisions based solely on profit and and greed and wrapping it all in a cloak of "morality" and "family values".
I hate republicans                                   PS:MELTDOWN

What...no blow jobs in the oval office???

Moosejay

« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2008, 04:13:21 PM »
But not ALL of the truth...maybe just that which suits you?

Moosejay

« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2008, 04:33:57 PM »

does it madden you to read the truth ?

GOP = Gay Ol' Party

No, not at all. I think both parties have great stands anbd issues.

I rarely get mad. I am assuming you are much younger than me. In my youth, I was an angry young man.

But with more world experience as I get older, one mellows and sees things with equanimity.

GOP=Gay Old Party?

Well, both parties likely have plenty of puffers.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2008, 03:30:45 AM »
240 is spot on

CLinton= great economy and plenty of jobs

Bush= recession and rampant joblessness

our country will experience another depression if another Mccain plans to follow in the current economy plan

another republican will ruin this country :-\

Obama is a bit of a lightweight. But he's got more economic credibility than McCain.

Had Obama been up against Rudy, he'd been toast. Rudy made clean house in NY.

But evidently the Republicans wanted to hand the election to Obama. >:(
As empty as paradise

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2008, 04:32:03 AM »

Obama is a bit of a lightweight. But he's got more economic credibility than McCain.

Had Obama been up against Rudy, he'd been toast. Rudy made clean house in NY.

But evidently the Republicans wanted to hand the election to Obama. >:(

Always a pleasure Northman: Du kommer in och ut som en spion.
I hate the State.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2008, 04:36:31 AM »
Always a pleasure Northman: Du kommer in och ut som en spion.

Thanks! 8)
As empty as paradise

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2008, 05:31:22 AM »
Thanks! 8)

Doesn't it bother you that I like you just because you're Scandinavian? :o
I hate the State.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2008, 07:09:24 AM »

Rob, security of this country is something like 3rd on Obama's agenda........the first obligation as a President is to protect your country.
The first sworn obligation of the President is to uphold the US Constitution.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2008, 07:19:59 AM »
The first sworn obligation of the President is to uphold the US Constitution.

Joe, your response?