Author Topic: Question for Bob Chick re: Arnold Classic + Nasser  (Read 7982 times)

hamood

• Getbig II
  • Saddam Hussein is alive and well in Baghdad
Question for Bob Chick re: Arnold Classic + Nasser
« on: March 04, 2008, 11:25:37 PM »
Bob, is there anything you can tell us about Nasser not being mentioned as one of the former champs at the Arnold Classic this year? 

Also, was Nasser alone in not getting a formal invitation and expense reimbursement from the promoters of the show, or was that the case with all former champs?

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
Re: Question for Bob Chick re: Arnold Classic + Nasser
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 11:43:51 PM »
Nasser refused to attend due to his bid to sell his posing trunks at the expo was denied.
I am a mini beast

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 11:47:17 PM »
Nasser refused to attend due to his bid to sell his posing trunks at the expo was denied.

I also heard Nasser wanted to bring his pet monkey (Big Bobs) along, but the IFBB would have none of it......
HAHA, RON.....

FLYLO

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 12:02:42 AM »
Bob, is there anything you can tell us about Nasser not being mentioned as one of the former champs at the Arnold Classic this year? 

Also, was Nasser alone in not getting a formal invitation and expense reimbursement from the promoters of the show, or was that the case with all former champs?

Hey Clueless "not getting a formal invitation and expense reimbursement from the promoters of the show" was the excuse Nasser used.  He certainly was not invited to attend the ASC 20th Anniversary; and more than likely was informed about it formally.  Nasser is banned for talking shit about everyone and the industry.  Do you think Nasser would shut his mouth about his rants, had he been invited "all expense paid"? 

This year's ASC expo was a big deal.  International athletes coming from all parts of the world to participating in all sorts of sport, not just bodybuilding.  There are also junior category competitions.  QC had made their decision not to have Nasser attend as a past ASC champion, and as part of the general public.  The ASC is about athletes with professionalism, sportsmanship, and with great outlook and respect for their sport and other athletes.  Nasser does not carry any of those traits.  He was ousted.

If you had a big family reunion, would you invite someone who spoke badly about your family members?  And if that person was invited, how do you think the family would feel knowing the nasty comments that were said about them?  Do you think they would feel uncomfortable at their own family gathering?.....I hope this helps.

Sumpa

• Getbig III
  • GetHUGE!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 01:27:08 AM »
Thanks Bob for your answer .  ::)

Epic having nothing better to do then post answers to a question not directed at you. And flylo, the arnold classic is not a "big deal" in the real world, hope this helps.
Team Nasser!

DVSGOD

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 01:50:01 AM »
Nas who? ???

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 01:56:15 AM »
Interesting thread.  Bob is with bb.com, who published Nassers controversial remarks so I'm very interested to hear what he has to say (I'm guessing, nothing).

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 02:31:14 AM »
Enough of stupid comments.
WE WANT THE TRUTH!

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 03:17:04 AM »
Bob just pm'd me.  He said Nasser is dead so all of this means nothing now.  Nasser PIP.

FLYLO

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 05:29:39 AM »
Thanks Bob for your answer .  ::)

Epic having nothing better to do then post answers to a question not directed at you. And flylo, the arnold classic is not a "big deal" in the real world, hope this helps.

It is a big deal to Nasser.  Can you imagine being left out of an event you rightfully should be a part of?  Used-ginch tycoon was ousted out of the event, for saying shit and beating up his wife.  I hope this helps.....Thanks for directing a comment to me....I hope this helps....

Sumpa

• Getbig III
  • GetHUGE!
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008, 05:45:13 AM »
It is a big deal to Nasser.  Can you imagine being left out of an event you rightfully should be a part of?  Used-ginch tycoon was ousted out of the event, for saying shit and beating up his wife.  I hope this helps.....Thanks for directing a comment to me....I hope this helps....

No it didn't help since you only made stuff up. I understand the Arnold is a big event in your life, so just try to enjoy it, but don't assume that it's important to other people.
Team Nasser!

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2008, 07:28:51 AM »
sumpa it was hamood who asked the question, along with sharma and bigboobs over the past few days, yes otherwise known as the al gebra somebody brigade.

normal bodybuilder fans dont care about nasser, flylo was simply trying to put hamoods distressed self at ease in the hope he doesn't get so mad he decideds to go into a hollywood cafe in anger as a human bomb.

hope this helps
175lbs by 31st July

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
  • go west young man.......break bread in the new lan
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2008, 07:31:40 AM »
I also heard Nasser wanted to bring his pet monkey (Big Bobs) along, but the IFBB would have none of it......
doesn't bigbobs travel in cargo when he's with Nasser anyway?......i don't see what the big deal is

FLYLO

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2008, 07:35:34 AM »
No it didn't help since you only made stuff up. I understand the Arnold is a big event in your life, so just try to enjoy it, but don't assume that it's important to other people.

Yes.  It's also important for "invited" athletes, supplement companies, fans, and the Oak himself.  It generates business, and increases exposure and fan base.  Nasser's loss, BIG TIME!!  Ha!  And BTW, it's important to Homo-Odd.  I hope this helps.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2008, 08:03:58 AM »

First, I don't know the details surrounding Nasser not being there, other than that when we had him on PBW, he didn't seem too interested in attending. I don't know if he was extended an invite, or not.

I do know he doesn't care, as he's expressed many times now.

FLYLO

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 08:33:32 AM »
First, I don't know the details surrounding Nasser not being there, other than that when we had him on PBW, he didn't seem too interested in attending. I don't know if he was extended an invite, or not.

Nasser being uninterrest to the ASC is a little odd; considering he was pretty adamant about a free flight to Columbus. But regardless, Nasser the "Warrior and speaker of his own Truth" will never volunteer truthful information.
...Not to mention Bigbobs stopped responding and defending Nasser.  Did he elope with El Mariachi?  El Mariachi announced his last post and poof! Bigbobs ended.
Thanx Chick!

hamood

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2008, 08:33:39 AM »

Thanks for the response.

I know he wasn't extended an invite, and that he didn't seem to care, but the question was whether the other athletes were given formal invites with expenses covered or whether the invite to all athletes was just spread by word of mouth?

FLYLO

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2008, 08:41:38 AM »
Thanks for the response.

I know he wasn't extended an invite, and that he didn't seem to care, but the question was whether the other athletes were given formal invites with expenses covered or whether the invite to all athletes was just spread by word of mouth?

Hi Nasser.  You asked the same question in your last interview....yes, Lavorne was formally invited with all expense paid, including a 5-star hotel.  And no one spoke out for you.

Arnold was voted into office as you guessed it, through word of mouth.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2008, 08:43:00 AM »
Thanks for the response.

I don't know...I'm asuming they had flight and hotel covered.

hamood

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2008, 08:44:21 AM »
I don't know...I'm asuming they had flight and hotel covered.

Can you give your personal opinion on what you think of the Arnold Classic pretending that the 99 Arnold Classic simply did not happen by not announcing its winner along with the rest?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2008, 08:53:14 AM »
Can you give your personal opinion on what you think of the Arnold Classic pretending that the 99 Arnold Classic simply did not happen by not announcing its winner along with the rest?

I could care less, really...

I think Nasser got exactly what he wanted...complete seperation from his BB colleagues. He has stated without question that he's not worried about "burning bridges" he's built because he doesn't have friends in the industry, and "bridges to what" to who.."

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2008, 08:55:03 AM »

I think Nasser got exactly what he wanted...complete seperation from his BB colleagues. He has stated without question that he's not worried about "burning bridges" he's built because he doesn't have friends in the industry, and "bridges to what" to who.."

Can you give your personal opinion on the difference between bananas and grapefruits???
just not good enough

hamood

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2008, 08:58:03 AM »

Thanks for your responses, but you aren't answering any of the questions and are just repeating that Nasser did not care to attend which we already know, which is understandable because you are an IFBB official so even if you disagree with something you would probably not admit it here in the open.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2008, 08:59:30 AM »

Thanx for info. Maybe he has many bad memories in there.

FLYLO

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2008, 09:00:27 AM »

HOMO-ODD/NASSER
I trade you one of your:   :o
to five of my:  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D