Author Topic: 2008 NPC Metrolina - May 10, 2008  (Read 10601 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: 2008 NPC Metrolina - May 10, 2008
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2008, 12:46:39 PM »
your competitors are using $5000,-$10,000  worth of anabolics

man, that just boggles the mind.  ten grand on gear for a local show.  crazy.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2008, 12:56:34 PM »
The bottom line is I believe natural bodybuilders are "real bodybuilders", because they dont just rely on drugs to build there bodies.I am not bashinh guys who use anabolics, but the reason I stopped competing is because its literally chemical warfare out there.

:D

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2008, 01:18:14 PM »
There is way too much anecdotal opinion about what builds muscle. Bodybuilders who lose can always claim the other guy took more gear. How would anyone know who took what and what was responsible for the gains and condition? Training must surely be the most important factor.

We used to have a local suburb contest that was for our 'gym members. Guys took gear for this show, too. Even some of the juniors. We eventually discontinued holding these shows because we didn't want to encourage steroid use.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2008, 01:36:45 PM »
Vince B how hard you train is a big factor, but at the national level, it is not uncommon for guys to use 40-60iu's of isulin, and go through a bottle of GH in a week.
I know alot of guys who use atleast a bottle of test a week, 2500 mg
When I did use anabolics I never used insulin, or GH, and I never went over 1000 mg of test a week even when I got up to 290lbs.
I know alot of national level athletes, because I have either know them or have endorsed them, so they are open with me about there anabolic use.

What most guys use getting ready for a show
GH, some form of testosterone, Winstrol, Anavar, Primobolan, Trenbalone,Cytodren,Clenbuteral,Arremedext, Haloteston,
,These are just the most popular, and they use all of the above if not more
 some throw in Masterone, Privron, aswell as insulin, and some even go as far as use anadrol 50

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2008, 01:57:41 PM »
Thanks, GetitOn, I know the mentality of muscleheads so don't doubt your claims. What a sad sport that this happens. What bothers me is that belief in these substances becomes accepted as knowledge and it becomes widely practiced.

We can only imagine the evolution of drugs used with each individual. If a guy competes year after year he will eventually understand what is behind the success of winners and do the same thing.

In the old days guys were afraid to use 2 Dianabol tablets for 8 to 12 weeks. Look at what this sport has become! Why would anyone fool around with powerful hormones like insulin and growth hormone just to get an edge in a bodybuilding show? It just shows what the egos of bodybuilders require because the return is small for the huge investment in drugs and risk involved.

Moosejay

« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2008, 02:11:12 PM »
This is ecatly why I love going to local , regional NPC shows!
You get to see some freaks, some decent physiques and some clowns.
I remember judging an NPC show in La, years ago. This one cute college age babe, was in her first fitness  contest.
She did her routine and looked a fish flopping around on the beach. She tried a flip and bam, falls right on her back. Then she tries another move and wack, she falls hard right on her belly, etc. By some act of GOD she avoided serious injury. Her MOM was near the front row and I swear she was groaning every time she flopped .

Haha...Howie...me and Katz don't even run fitness anymore in CT...last time we had it, we had an entrant whose routine consisted of her running, as fast as she could, from one side of the stage to the other.

And back again.

And that's all she did.

Melvin Goodrum

• Getbig III
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2008, 02:57:34 PM »
Vince I am a very happily married straight man, who has beautiful wife, and a great life.
The queen vissy in a cheer leading outfit, was just a joke, dont take it so seriously, ligthen up.
As far as my drug use, I was totally drug free up until 2002, every natural show I did polygraphed tested EVERY  athlete, and urine tested the winner in every class.
I competed on anabolics from the years 2003-2005, and was very open and honest about my anabolic use.
I haven't used an anabolic is over 2 1/2 year, and I still weigh 245lbs, and I am fairly lean, I am right around 7-8% bodyfat.
The bottom line is I believe natural bodybuilders are "real bodybuilders", because they dont just rely on drugs to build there bodies.I am not bashinh guys who use anabolics, but the reason I stopped competing is because its literally chemical warfare out there.
The person who uses the most drugs and the best drugs, will usually win.
Yes alot of its genetics, how hard you train, and how much cardio you do, and how good your diet it.
But when your only using $1500 worth of anabolics for 12 weeks, to do a national show, and your competitors are using $5000,-$10,000  worth of anabolics , the odds are against you
.I dont care how good your genetics are, or how hard you train, you cant beat anabolics.
So Vince even though I joke with you, I do respect the fact that you are natural, and continued to remain natural even though people have made fun of you and doubted you.

That's cool and although I compete natural, I don't condemn anyone using especially since I not only used but also made and sold gear as well.  I stopped doing all of it in 2001 because the laws were changing and quite frankly there was too much fake shit floating around to deal with.  The ends never justified the means.

It is the reason I've changed my diet and training routine.  I assessed that the current diet routines were not for natural bodybuilders. 

Funny thing is that I was reading today over Steve Reeves Contest pre-contest meal plan...

Breakfast- 4 raw eggs blended with milk, wheat germ and honey.
Lunch - Cottage Cheese with raisins
Dinner - Swordfish and Large Salad

That diet added up to around 1000 calories in my opinion and he weight trained harder and longer and ran on the beach for a few hours. 

All I have to say about my current diet is that it is working very well and that come contest time, I'll hit my mark of 179 pounds.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2008, 03:12:26 PM »
Vince you will no sooner come in under 6% than I will be invited to compete in the Mr. Olympia this year.

Melvin Goodrum

• Getbig III
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2008, 03:17:30 PM »
Vince you will no sooner come in under 6% than I will be invited to compete in the Mr. Olympia this year.

Well, start packing your bags.  I was able to do it with ALRI products.  I was 175 pounds when I finished using it and I looked great.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2008, 03:21:14 PM »
I not only used but also made and sold gear as well.  I stopped doing all of it in 2001 because the laws were changing and quite frankly there was too much fake shit floating around to deal with. 
Bullshit. You are one of those rare guys who lie about having used to appear cool. Most lie about not using.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2008, 03:21:33 PM »

Well, start packing your bags.  I was able to do it with ALRI products.  I was 175 pounds when I finished using it and I looked great.
but you will have "spilled over" come showtime right

::)

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2008, 03:22:51 PM »
Last show you kept mentioning how great you looked. Didn't work out.

1200 calories a day every day is not the way to diet to hold muscle while burning fat. You will lose a lot of muscle. You could probably right now up your carbs so your calories are around 2000 or even 2500 and you will burn more fat from an increase in your metabilism and even build muscle.

You are like the guys GetitonNY is talking about because you arn't listening to someone who knows what they are talking about.

Anyway whatever without some new 'contest' shots what are we all going to laugh at

Moosejay

« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2008, 03:56:25 PM »
Vince I am sorry...did not read whole thread...did you/ could you post some progress photos....wanna see how 1200 per day does ya 

StillTippin

• Getbig III
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2008, 03:59:42 PM »
Bullshit. You are one of those rare guys who lie about having used to appear cool. Most lie about not using.

Haha, I wouldn't eat a sandwich Vince made, never mind shoot his gear.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2008, 04:08:11 PM »

That's cool and although I compete natural, I don't condemn anyone using especially since I not only used but also made and sold gear as well.  I stopped doing all of it in 2001 because the laws were changing and quite frankly there was too much fake shit floating around to deal with.  The ends never justified the means.

It is the reason I've changed my diet and training routine.  I assessed that the current diet routines were not for natural bodybuilders. 

Funny thing is that I was reading today over Steve Reeves Contest pre-contest meal plan...

Breakfast- 4 raw eggs blended with milk, wheat germ and honey.
Lunch - Cottage Cheese with raisins
Dinner - Swordfish and Large Salad

That diet added up to around 1000 calories in my opinion and he weight trained harder and longer and ran on the beach for a few hours. 

All I have to say about my current diet is that it is working very well and that come contest time, I'll hit my mark of 179 pounds.

Even funnier is how you put a legend like Steve Reeves in a topic about you.  That is about as black and white as you can get.  Do you honestly think if you follow the diet of Steve Reeves you will look anything like him.  Most blacks have great genetics.  you were dealt a fucked up hand when you born.  You should learn to live with it instead of trying to be something you will no way in the world ever achieve.  You may have entered a couple BB contests but you are far, far, and even farther from being a bodybuilder.  Do you even understand that you lessen the quality of the BB show when you enter.  It immediately turns into a farce and joke.  i can't believe a promoter would actually let you enter a contest.  I may look like shit now but at least I know it, you on the other hand think you look good enough to actually compare yourself to guys who actually train with weights and diet.  You are NOT a Bodybuilder when are you going to realize that.  And don't put Steve Reeves name in a topic about you.  It really fucks up things.

Last show you kept mentioning how great you looked. Didn't work out.

1200 calories a day every day is not the way to diet to hold muscle while burning fat. You will lose a lot of muscle. You could probably right now up your carbs so your calories are around 2000 or even 2500 and you will burn more fat from an increase in your metabilism and even build muscle.

You are like the guys GetitonNY is talking about because you arn't listening to someone who knows what they are talking about.

Anyway whatever without some new 'contest' shots what are we all going to laugh at

The thing is Goodrum has NO muscle at all.  His body looks as though he has never lifted a weight in his life.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2008, 04:09:47 PM »
Haha, I wouldn't eat a sandwich Vince made, never mind shoot his gear.
He claims he once used tren pellets crushed up in DMSO, and that was the extent of his "use". I don't even think he tried the tren transdermally.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2008, 04:14:40 PM »
Melvin has trademark calves and extremely long muscle bellies. If he got to a real gym and worked out on a proper routine who knows what this dude could achieve? We do know he has trouble holding a bit of safety fat.

what:

• Getbig III
  • 2008 Mr. Getbig Premium Sponsor!!!!!
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2008, 11:01:47 PM »
Unless you look like Steve Reeves or Mike Mentzer before they followed whatever diets you just read about you won't benefit from this.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2008, 11:04:22 PM »

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2008, 12:17:07 AM »

Bullshit......because if you did you would have made it to the arnold to shut me up as well as claim the sponsorship that John was offering.  Instead you made up some excuse that you didnt have a sponsor to show up there.  THEN you claim you would be there anyway.  You cant keep your stories or your sexuality straight.

Fucktard

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2008, 12:17:50 AM »
The thing is Goodrum has NO muscle at all.  His body looks as though he has never lifted a weight in his life.

bwahahaha, Melvin, lets hope you dial it in! and by that i mean the Euthanasia Hotline!

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2008, 12:35:59 AM »
Melvin did you bust out your deal a meal cards to set up your pre contest diet?  Please skip the carb up this time.

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2008, 01:10:48 AM »
Lee is completely owning Kevin and Nasser in this shot

Team Yates

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2008, 07:17:04 AM »
Melvin has trademark calves and extremely long muscle bellies. If he got to a real gym and worked out on a proper routine who knows what this dude could achieve? We do know he has trouble holding a bit of safety fat.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I

Melvin Goodrum

• Getbig III
« Reply #99 on: March 16, 2008, 07:52:25 AM »
Even funnier is how you put a legend like Steve Reeves in a topic about you.  That is about as black and white as you can get.  Do you honestly think if you follow the diet of Steve Reeves you will look anything like him.  Most blacks have great genetics.  you were dealt a fucked up hand when you born.  You should learn to live with it instead of trying to be something you will no way in the world ever achieve.  You may have entered a couple BB contests but you are far, far, and even farther from being a bodybuilder.  Do you even understand that you lessen the quality of the BB show when you enter.  It immediately turns into a farce and joke.  i can't believe a promoter would actually let you enter a contest.  I may look like shit now but at least I know it, you on the other hand think you look good enough to actually compare yourself to guys who actually train with weights and diet.  You are NOT a Bodybuilder when are you going to realize that.  And don't put Steve Reeves name in a topic about you.  It really fucks up things.

Keith, have you seen your dick lately????  Keith, when your husky ass loses some weight you may comment on a diet.  Why would I take advice from someone who's too chicken to go on "Celebrity Fit Camp" 

Keith, you're ass looks like two elephants with boxing gloves on.