Author Topic: How many of you started lifting thinking you could get big and ripped but then  (Read 18373 times)

laurion

• Getbig III
Sorry decide i said that i admit i only browsed the thread i should have explained myself.
I thoroghly read your link....
http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/1/1/2#IDAZAUFE

then saw this....

The ketogenic diet is really something totally natural as indicated by the link. Many cultures live their entire lives in ketosis.

What seems to work for me is the following and offer the following advice.

First three weeks, eat 0 carbs. That means getting a ZERO carb whey isolate (easy enough where you are in the USA) and just eating meat and fish. Don't be a afraid of fat! To enter ketosis you must consume a fair amount of fat as shown in the studies as well. Get fiber tabs as well.

After three weeks you can carb load if you want; my current scheme, which is working well is 6 days 0-20 grams of carbs and 1 day I carb load. You will lose some strength on lifting days due to depleted glycogen reserves but the difference isn't all that great. If you are really hardcore, you can forget about the carb loading days and go straight through with ketosis the whole time...make sure to eat a head of broccoli every now and then and get lots of fish and flax oil. When you are eating that lamb the next time with the fat rim, EAT the fat rim with it. Good luck. It just takes a lot will power.

and assumed you were "living your whole life in ketosis" which prompted me to ask whether you could be shooting yourself in the foot or not.
No flame intended just trying to help...

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan

Love the Avatar, Chaos ! LOL !  ;D

Now how about some of Howies comp pics ???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

DVSGOD

• Time Out
  • Getbig III

Props for going clean.  No gh, No t3, No estrogen blockers,pro hormones????   maintain for a year and cleanup in the natty shows bro. ;D
If he is a diabetic I doubt he will be anywhere near gh it would cause severe hyperglycemia in a diabetic.

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
i wouldnt use the inuit's as an example.  They have a high rate of circulatory disease, probably as a result of a diet that is 75% animal fats.  You know any skinny eskimos?

roc

• Getbig III
i got fucked thikin that too decide!  saw arnie and lou on all the mags, the protein powder ads and i bought in to all that nonsense. i think arnie and joe should kick back some cash to all of us, sellin us B.S.   back then joe and arnie  lied thier asses of about the roid game.  fuckers!!!!!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
i wouldnt use the inuit's as an example.  They have a high rate of circulatory disease, probably as a result of a diet that is 75% animal fats.  You know any skinny eskimos?

The Inuits do not follow their original diet. They consume alcohol and do not practise their former diet.
I hate the State.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
i got fucked thikin that too decide!  saw arnie and lou on all the mags, the protein powder ads and i bought in to all that nonsense. i think arnie and joe should kick back some cash to all of us, sellin us B.S.   back then joe and arnie  lied thier asses of about the roid game.  fuckers!!!!!

Hahahaha...weightgainers powders.   Mike mentzer said it was cake mix in a box......weider screwed us all.

Slintowin4424

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Seminar May 10 in brea message me for details
If he is a diabetic I doubt he will be anywhere near gh it would cause severe hyperglycemia in a diabetic.

Wrong do some research before you speak the only hyperglycemia that could happened is in anyones control its obvious you are not as much of a scientist as you think

snowboarding_bear

• Getbig II
i knew i wouldnt get big, i just wanted to be strong. i dont care about size, i dont care about looks. i just want to be strong. lol i think the only thing that has gotten bigger was my arms, mainly b/c.. i was fat and i lost a lot of fat and now im starting to get bigger, not jacked.. but bigger

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
i knew i wouldnt get big, i just wanted to be strong. i dont care about size, i dont care about looks. i just want to be strong.
i dont understand this kind of thinking at all..

can you explain to me why your driven to be "strong"..?

honsetly, no flame, im just curious as to the mindset of the "powerlifter"

snowboarding_bear

• Getbig II
i dont care how i look i just want to be able to lift a lot

um..but why do i think this way...idk..i dont really know how to explain any of this.
i cant become huge b/c i need to be quick and i need to be able to run a lot

candidizzle

• Getbig V
i dont care how i look i just want to be able to lift a lot

um..but why do i think this way...idk..i dont really know how to explain any of this.
i cant become huge b/c i need to be quick and i need to be able to run a lot
oh, no prob man..just wondering, since ive personally never had any drive to be strong or get stronger on any of my lifts

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
oh, no prob man..just wondering, since ive personally never had any drive to be strong or get stronger on any of my lifts
translation=you're naturally weak and you've talked yourself into believing that strength isn't important.

The Master

• Getbig V
translation=you're naturally weak and you've talked yourself into believing that strength isn't important.

It's not about how much you can life, but how much you look like you can lift.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
It's not about how much you can life, but how much you look like you can lift.
:)

Moosejay

Ha:

Just like in  marketing:

"It does not matter what is true, but what people THINK is true"

Moosejay

Squad:

For lifting for over 30  years, I am relatively weak. However, I have never been injured lifting in any way whatsoever. Thus, I had to become a Zane desciple to get the most out of my relatievly light training.

"I was the best at making a light weight look heavy" :)

GoneAway

• Getbig V
moosejay, what do you attribute ur lack of injuries to?

snowboarding_bear

• Getbig II
well i see it this way,
how many 200 lbs solid as rock dudes can run a sub 6 minute mile?

thats what i need to be able to do.

Moosejay

moosejay, what do you attribute ur lack of injuries to?

Hey Goneaway.

Well, early on I was able to develop the 'mind/muscle link'...so I was able to not work ancillary muscles and isolate what I was concentarting on.

I never cared to be very strong, just wanted to look like Zane as a kid. Something told me I'd never be above 180'-190's in cometitive shape, and I am 5'11", and I was right.

So, I simply concentrated on shaping the muscles, creating an illusion onstage of having greater size and volume, and , well...part of it hadda be luck...I never got injured with weights.

Now car accidents and getting struck by cars on my bicycle...those are other stories... :)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
Hey Goneaway.

Well, early on I was able to develop the 'mind/muscle link'...so I was able to not work ancillary muscles and isolate what I was concentarting on.

same here man. but i developed this artificially with the use of weeed.. hah yeah pretty lame, but hey, it did teach me to correctly isolate the muscles..    and honestly, when i used to go to the gym high, id actually get my best workouts; because the weed made me so self concious and paranoid about all the other peeps in the gym that i would feel GUILTY for not going all out and not doing tons of sets. hahaha. yeah, LAME, i know. but yo...now i can do lat pull downs with no bicep involvement, and incline barbell bench with no shoulders.   pretty dang cool.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
Hey Goneaway.

I never cared to be very strong, just wanted to look like Zane as a kid. Something told me I'd never be above 180'-190's in cometitive shape, and I am 5'11", and I was right.

So, I simply concentrated on shaping the muscles, creating an illusion onstage of having greater size and volume, and , well...part of it hadda be luck...I never got injured with weights.

Now car accidents and getting struck by cars on my bicycle...those are other stories... :)

thanks for the reply, and yes, i can see how u managed to stay injury free in the gym all these years.

Moosejay

same here man. but i developed this artificially with the use of weeed.. hah yeah pretty lame, but hey, it did teach me to correctly isolate the muscles..    and honestly, when i used to go to the gym high, id actually get my best workouts; because the weed made me so self concious and paranoid about all the other peeps in the gym that i would feel GUILTY for not going all out and not doing tons of sets. hahaha. yeah, LAME, i know. but yo...now i can do lat pull downs with no bicep involvement, and incline barbell bench with no shoulders.   pretty dang cool.

That's cool...whatever works.

Yes...very important in those two lifts to do them as you do. Doing so makes all the diff in isolation and development. You are well ahead of the pack.

There was a guy named Joe L. from CT...won the LW NPC USA in the early 80's...incredibly ripped and strong as Hell...I don't think he EVER lifted a day in his life without doing some pot

Moosejay

thanks for the reply, and yes, i can see how u managed to stay injury free in the gym all these years.

My pleasure, GA

BTW, here are my best lifts ever, done very early in life (22 years old, 5'11", about 190 lbs):

BP: struggled to put 300 up once (Ironically, I have done a few reps on multiple occasions of 315 on the incline-dunno why that's stroger than flats)

Deadlift: 425 for 2 two three reps

Squat: While I am not too strong on most other movements...I have always been very naturally strong on legs. At 15 I could do 15 moderately deep squats (Just below parallel) with 405. My max all-time at 21 was 525.

If interested, my pics are on general board, pics of members and more, under Moosejay thread.

Peace :)

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
My pleasure, GA

BTW, here are my best lifts ever, done very early in life (22 years old, 5'11", about 190 lbs):

BP: struggled to put 300 up once (Ironically, I have done a few reps on multiple occasions of 315 on the incline-dunno why that's stroger than flats)
Peace :)

just my 1 1/2 cents, b/c i used to do the exact same thing. I bet you have better form on the Incline. Specifically, with the incline i really had my feet planted and was using my legs, abs and pecs to push the wt.   whereas, when i was flat, i was sqirming like a fish just using my chest. Try a firm foundation on your BP and drive with your legs, if it works, sweet......if not, tell me to shut the hell up!