Author Topic: Nightmare scenario for the IFBB  (Read 26962 times)

jetpower

• Getbig III
Re: Nightmare scenario for the IFBB
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2008, 10:37:39 PM »

Maybe you can read to underprivileged kids at your local elementary school? Volunteer to be a counselor or something?

Howie is above that drivel and scum.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2008, 10:40:12 PM »
Team U champ and IFBB natural pro Gregg Rando, a legally blind pro bodybuilder enters the NY pro.
He stays drug free, looks decent, but places well down in the line up with his smaller mass.
He quietly leaves the contest and heads to a lawyers office in NY that has experience with pro athletes and due process for athletes.
Rando and his lawyer file suit in a NY venue where the meet was held. The suit is based on the grounds that the IFBB pro div. failed to enforce their own drug testing rules. As an active IFBB pro Rando would have the legal standing needed to file such a suit.They could contend that Rando, a drug free bodybuilder who followed the rules, was denied a FAIR and equitable shot at prize money.
Imagine the IFBB having to defend their current "lack of testing" policy against Rando, a blind pro , sitting in court in front of a judge  :o
The IFBB lawyers might try to pull " the random testing " thing , but it would fold quickly.
All the other side would have to do is to demand the IFBB show the court their records of actual steroid testing over the last few years ( as evidence). This would prove they don't do any testing and Rando would win the case with ease and whatever judgement $$$ that went with it.

What do you think?
Howard

Howie, whip yourself back into top shape and get yourself a pro card.  I'd love to see YOU do what you suggest Rando could do above. You could be the only hope to bring down (or reform) the IFBB and bring some sanity and integrity to professional bodybuilding.    

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2008, 10:47:09 PM »
Actually, they would have to show a precedent, as in frequent drug tests, in order for that to be accurate. By consistently NOT testing, they've shown no predisposition, or pattern to claim anything except that they're consistant and all was treated fairly.

The ruling in the boxing case was probably based on the fact that they set a precedent by testing previous bouts.
Chick, you do not have a clue as to the legality of pro sports law.

Zero, nada, nothing.

All the guy would have to do is POINT TO THE RULE THAT STATES STEROIDS ARE ILLEGAL. He would not have to prove precedent or anything else.

Now take your GED and go back to night school and learn a thing or two.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2008, 10:50:14 PM »
That was 7 years ago, Jim.....and not a test since...hardy a precedent.

Hey Johnny Cochran Jr, please show me ANY LAW, ANYWHERE, that says there has to be "precedent" to enforce a rule of a Pro Sports organization.

That has to be the stupidest comment you have ever posted-ever-and that is saying ALOT!

BOOM!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2008, 01:38:54 AM »
All it would take is someone to put a bug in the ear of a politician looking to make his or her mark that the IFBB is the biggest offender all illegal drug use to get the ball rolling and that would severely hurt the IFBB.  Once the media took over and it went to congress and the all bodybuilders were forced to go natural for a while, revenue would go down because no one want to see a natural bodybuilder and soon the end of the IFBB once the media took over.  That is unless of course the politician was hushed with some greenbacks.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2008, 06:01:47 AM »
Howie, whip yourself back into top shape and get yourself a pro card.  I'd love to see YOU do what you suggest Rando could do above. You could be the only hope to bring down (or reform) the IFBB and bring some sanity and integrity to professional bodybuilding.    
At damn near 50 ( will be this DEC), I am too old to have a decent shot at winning the Team U even if I had Rando's great genetics. Plus, while my hormone levels meaure in the ideal-normal range ( 660 mg /dl) for testosterone, I do use Androgel, prescribed to me from my doc monthly.
The return to sanity in terms of drug use/abuse in our sport is way beyong anything some Joe Blow like me could ever hope to change. Now, some icon like Arnold could , if and only if he had the desire to do so.
Thanks , Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2008, 06:06:22 AM »
Where is any defending of the IFBB?

No wonder some of you think the way you do.....I explain why there is no testing, and how the rules read...it's got nothing to do with defending the federation.
Since neither of us are lawyers Chic, we will simply have to agree to disagree on this "academic exercise" .
As an old fart fan, I just want to see a great pro contest when I buy a ticket and hope for the best when I think of the overall welfare of the pros I watch.
By NOT testing the fans do see a better, upgraded , "enhanced" pro on stage, no question.
I am simply looking at the possible fallout that could hurt the sport I love.
Howard

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2008, 06:13:58 AM »
wtf? Gregg Rando is the legally blind pro that won the overall at the Team U at around 190 ripped lbs at around 5'9". I doubt you need to be juiced to do that, just diet and train your ass off with great genetics.

Wait a min, I forgot the get big rule of any guy with any muscle is juiced to the gills. ::)

Come on Howie!!........................ ..seriously

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2008, 06:19:15 AM »
Mike A, Rando is my "hypothetical" subject in a hypothetical idea based on sound legal principle and the IFBB's own , written rules on the subject. I was simply making a point about the IFBB's lack of drug testing and enforcement of their own rules. It is an agrument against the current POLICY.
hen you place emphasis on one individual you miss the point of the principle.

Stavios

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2008, 09:10:55 AM »
the truth his, Team U winners are not natural

Moosejay

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2008, 09:11:42 AM »
the truth his, Team U winners are not natural

Sadly, your words ring true.

Stavios

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2008, 09:14:30 AM »
funny how Melissa Detwiller spoke about her hormones usage on the MD forums before the Team U yet she still won her class   :)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2008, 09:53:21 AM »
funny how Melissa Detwiller spoke about her hormones usage on the MD forums before the Team U yet she still won her class   :)

Who knows? Look , my pt has nothing to do with which individuals are NOT 100% drug free in the Team U.
I don't know why, but everytime I try to make a pt pro/con a POLICY in bodybuilding, so many seem to get all caught up in some trivial details. ???
It is the idea that a pro, any pro for that matter , who decided to compete without useing the juice for that show, could  file a law suit in the manner I outlined in the thread.How successful that lawsuit would be is beyond my expertise as I am not a lawyer or judge.
Howard

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2008, 10:51:35 AM »
All it would take is someone to put a bug in the ear of a politician looking to make his or her mark that the IFBB is the biggest offender all illegal drug use to get the ball rolling and that would severely hurt the IFBB.  Once the media took over and it went to congress and the all bodybuilders were forced to go natural for a while, revenue would go down because no one want to see a natural bodybuilder and soon the end of the IFBB once the media took over.  That is unless of course the politician was hushed with some greenbacks.

I'm very surprised the government or politicians don't attack BB more.  It is actually the IFBB and BB that has made steroids so bad in other sports.  They see what steroids have done with increasing muscle size and strength in the BB's and feel they need to do the same to help increase their strength and speed and size to help them be better in their sport.  Knowing that BB's take a huge amount of roids they could get the results they need by taking less.  If steroids weren't so prevalent in BB and promoted so much by the IFBB then other sports probably wouldn't be using them like they do nowadays.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2008, 11:01:46 AM »
The return to sanity in terms of drug use/abuse in our sport is way beyong anything some Joe Blow like me could ever hope to change. Now, some icon like Arnold could , if and only if he had the desire to do so.
Thanks , Howard

Don't underestimate your power to instigate potential big change.  There are countless examples throughout the ages of "Joe Blow's" and "nobodies" who stood up for what was right and thus changed the course of history.  You might not be the next Rosa Parks, but who knows . . . your passion regarding the drug hypocrisy of the IFBB could someday result in positive changes to professional bodybuilding.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2008, 12:07:19 PM »
I'm very surprised the government or politicians don't attack BB more.  It is actually the IFBB and BB that has made steroids so bad in other sports.  They see what steroids have done with increasing muscle size and strength in the BB's and feel they need to do the same to help increase their strength and speed and size to help them be better in their sport.  Knowing that BB's take a huge amount of roids they could get the results they need by taking less.  If steroids weren't so prevalent in BB and promoted so much by the IFBB then other sports probably wouldn't be using them like they do nowadays.

I agree completely.  Most people, including politicians, don't have a clue how much bodybuilding affects professional sports.  Even though bodybuilding competition is not mainstream, training and drug use is and professional athletes (or their trainers) use bodybuilders to draw their knowledge from. 

Anabolic Outlaw

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2008, 02:40:58 PM »

Rando wouldn’t bring up such a suit for the same reason this guy wouldn’t.

They are/were both pawns for the so-called IFBB NATURAL movement.

And we know what happened to Freitas.

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2008, 02:48:44 PM »
actually,

the rule book states a drug free "policy" as one of the rules.
there is no weak language that you describe, preceeding this policy/rule.

The IFBB could only be held accountable in this senario, IF they chose to announce they were testing, then failed to test everyone equally...They are under no obligation to test, as it clearly states in the rulebook, they "reserve the right" and athletes "may be subject to".....nowhere does it say the testing is mandatory, or absolutely will be given. The shows are not represented as "drug free" or "tested shows"...

Following your senario....there is no reason to believe that Rando is anymore drug free than anyone else....he would have to have had a drug test by an accredited lab that would show he was clean. Past shows mean nothing...

Sorry bro, your ficticious senario falls apart right from the beginning....

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2008, 03:31:13 PM »
The IFBB have a Drug Rule but they would never dream of using it.It is just there for the look of common decency.Clowns ::)Delete your stupid never used rules. ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2008, 04:36:58 PM »
If you're talking about the Olympia, I believe that was the year they attempted to test....it was thrown out due to a non-accredited testing company being used (alledgedly)

LOL... you're trying not to piss off Cutler OR the brass.  bravo!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2008, 04:38:43 PM »
funny how Melissa Detwiller spoke about her hormones usage on the MD forums before the Team U yet she still won her class   :)

I call bullshit, Stavios. 

Melissa Detwiller is a natural, dude.  She competes as a natural in a natty org.  I demand proof, or a retraction.

AZbodybuilder

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2008, 04:49:02 PM »
I call bullshit, Stavios. 

Melissa Detwiller is a natural, dude.  She competes as a natural in a natty org.  I demand proof, or a retraction.
Natural ??? you have to be kidding ?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2008, 04:51:21 PM »
Natural ??? you have to be kidding ?

You can't compete in the Team Universe if you're using steroids.  I'm quite sure she never admitted use of hormones on a forum, that would be silliness.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2008, 04:55:40 PM »
Until you Fail a Drug test your NATURAL. ::)They do Drug test don't they????.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2008, 05:00:12 PM »

Detwiller came on here as well, debating her use and the effects.

And then entered the Team U.

I wonder what natural BB's entering thought about that?
As empty as paradise