Author Topic: Nightmare scenario for the IFBB  (Read 27005 times)

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Nightmare scenario for the IFBB
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2008, 05:16:07 PM »
All she talks about is Drugs and Drug use by her and how well her pussy works.FFS ::)

Fulgorre

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2008, 06:23:22 PM »
The IFBB could only be held accountable in this senario, IF they chose to announce they were testing, then failed to test everyone equally...They are under no obligation to test, as it clearly states in the rulebook, they "reserve the right" and athletes "may be subject to".....nowhere does it say the testing is mandatory, or absolutely will be given. The shows are not represented as "drug free" or "tested shows"...

Following your senario....there is no reason to believe that Rando is anymore drug free than anyone else....he would have to have had a drug test by an accredited lab that would show he was clean. Past shows mean nothing...

Sorry bro, your ficticious senario falls apart right from the beginning....

Chick is right. 

Plus, once they found out the blind dude was using GH, Insulin, and test prop/susp he wouldn't win his legal battle anyway. :D

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2008, 06:56:49 PM »
Mike A, Rando is my "hypothetical" subject in a hypothetical idea based on sound legal principle and the IFBB's own , written rules on the subject. I was simply making a point about the IFBB's lack of drug testing and enforcement of their own rules. It is an agrument against the current POLICY.
hen you place emphasis on one individual you miss the point of the principle.
You used a specific name, meaning you knew of this bodybuilder and knew what he looked like. This tells me you know jack shit about bodybuilding and drugs.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2008, 06:54:43 AM »
You used a specific name, meaning you knew of this bodybuilder and knew what he looked like. This tells me you know jack shit about bodybuilding and drugs.
You just illustrated why I can't make logical arguments on this forum, thanks for pointing out the typical mindset and thought process of many out there.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2008, 07:06:19 AM »

You are another GETBIG FOOL if you think Howie knows little about bodybuilding!

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2008, 07:11:17 AM »
no biggy my friend, they do have a right to express opinions  and make replys, even if they make no sense  :o  Give me a buzz.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2008, 08:01:58 AM »
Look, I know he knows a lot about bodybuilding but why is he making such silly arguments? Bix, do you think he's rational in thinking bodybuilding could get rid of the drugs?

It's like Vince Basile saying he thinks you could get as big as a pro without drugs with the perfect training program. You'd think someone involved in the sport for so long would know better.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2008, 08:20:41 AM »
Look, I know he knows a lot about bodybuilding but why is he making such silly arguments? Bix, do you think he's rational in thinking bodybuilding could get rid of the drugs?

It's like Vince Basile saying he thinks you could get as big as a pro without drugs with the perfect training program. You'd think someone involved in the sport for so long would know better.

Ok  , sonce you made a serrious , intelligent and thoughtful reply I shall respond in a similar manner.
I NEVER said I felt that any pro could be as big or massive without drugs.
I only talked about the LEGAL issues and drug testing policy in the IFBB pro division.
For the record I am NOt 100% against steroid or HGH use.I do question some of the legal issues.
I am against extreme, risky drug use and behavior.
If you are bored, hehe, read my latest post on how the Manion belly ban edict is a better idea than drug testing.

WEAPONX

• Getbig II
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2008, 08:49:01 AM »
Anabolics should be legalized (IMO)......Period. What gives anyone the right to say Yay or Nay as to what we can do or not do to ourselves. Don't be submissive !

"Live & Let Live"

If Steroids where a non-banned substance and it was Natural vs. Chemically Enhanced, "Natural",,,,would truly be a thing of the past.

Like any other banned substance, by banning, all this does is drive the product underground employing many (Shady) opportunists

Legalize and control.

Obviously their are many "Bodybuilders" that are using themselves as Guinea Pigs and introducing many foreign substances into themselves that are effectively unknown. Good for them ?

Maybe not for me or You but again, "Live and Let Live"

X

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2008, 05:57:41 PM »
Howie if you truly want your 15 minutes of Fame go to the media and tell them your dreams of becoming an IFBB Pro is shattered as they don't Drug test and you refuse to break the law and use a banned substance.So without Drug testing it's not fair. ;D

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2008, 06:12:01 PM »
Wait...Blind people can't take steroids? I'm pretty sure blind people can still count pills and ask people to inject them.
It's Hip to be Square!

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2008, 06:54:30 PM »
Howie if you truly want your 15 minutes of Fame go to the media and tell them your dreams of becoming an IFBB Pro is shattered as they don't Drug test and you refuse to break the law and use a banned substance.So without Drug testing it's not fair. ;D
LOL, the reason I never got close to a pro card is because my physique was NOT good enough. It would not have mattered what I took , I am not that great a bodybuilder.
Once again, the topic is drawn away from the main idea and into trivial personal crap.
If you can't argue your point on the merits I guess you shoot the messenger LOL.

As for the blind pro bodybuilder Rando, once again he was hyothetical natural  pro, the fact he is blind is NOT the issue. I also see we have another reply about how 'roids should be legal.Once again I agree 100% , but that is not the issue. The drugs are illegal and like speeding, it matters little what you THINK should happen, it matters what the legal speed limit is.

Why don't some of you seriously try making a counter point based on the topic of the thread idea and the merits of your IDEAS about it.Making personal atatcks against me doesn't elevate your side of the issue, and it doesn't bother me. What does bug me is how so few here engage in actual dialogue about real issues on bodybuilding policy.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2008, 07:12:28 PM »
Howie I wasn't taking the Piss out of you.I really think you should go to media and tell them of the problems of young up and coming BBs who have to break the law and use massive amounts of Drugs and they the IFBB don't test as per their own Drug Rules.It only takes one man to change History.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2008, 11:37:54 PM »
Wait...Blind people can't take steroids? I'm pretty sure blind people can still count pills and ask people to inject them.
and shave their ass hair :-X
A

ricosauve

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2008, 10:02:31 AM »
Flawed argument Howie.. Rando is as much drug free as all the other IFBB pros.. I recall his training partner posting on MD at least a year ago and he admitted to administering Rando's drugs.
The only person that train with greg Rando its me and I have never ever said that!!! WTF get, your facts straight!!

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2008, 04:30:28 PM »
Howie the change is happening Threads being moved and deleted everywhere.Look at the Politics and Political issues board.That's where they the Power to be think you belong.You must have something they want to HIDE. ;D

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2008, 10:42:39 PM »
DELETE the IFBB Drug Rule make it easier for drug uses to do it without ever having to worry about being tested like it says in the rules.It's not like it's ever going to be an Olympic sport HAHAHAHAHAH.FFS. ::)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2008, 10:56:55 PM »
What individuals do is their business as long as they don't harm others, etc. However, when some take drugs and these drugs give an advantage then that competition is not fair. We can look back at how the Eastern Block and especially East Germany cheated by drugging even young girls. When the communist block collapsed Germany was unified and many wondered how they would fare in the Olympic Games. They didn't fare any better and yet East Germany came third in some Olympics. Those drugs made a huge difference.

According to gh15 and others it is necessary to take huge amounts of various drugs to be competitive at the highest level in bodybuilding. We are not talking about a few pills for a couple of months but persistent, steady use for several years. The consequences and side effects are unknown but no sensible person would or should have to take those risks to compete as a pro.

I think it is possible to get huge without drugs or supplements. That others do not agree does not falsify the possibility.

Bob could do heaps in his position but is silent. It makes me wonder if he still uses to maintain his large muscles. Otherwise, it makes no sense why he as professional athlete rep is not campaigning hard to enforce the anti drug rules.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2008, 11:08:15 PM »
There is No anti Drug Rules that's my point.They the IFBB are the laughing stock with such a benign Drug Rule that means nothing.We the IFBB will not test for banned substances you can take that to the bank.IDIOTS. ::)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2008, 11:09:57 PM »
There is No anti Drug Rules that's my point.They the IFBB are the laughing stock with such a benign Drug Rule that means nothing.We the IFBB will not test for banned substances you can take that to the bank.IDIOTS. ::)

Laughing stock to who?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2008, 11:42:21 PM »
Can we add obliviousness to the list of characteristics required for pro athletes rep?

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2008, 11:57:25 PM »
To any competitor who reads the IFBB Drug Rule. ::)Chick
The Pros
Getbig V

sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft

« Reply #71 on: Today at 11:09:57 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Meltdown on Today at 11:08:15 PM
There is No anti Drug Rules that's my point.They the IFBB are the laughing stock with such a benign Drug Rule that means nothing.We the IFBB will not test for banned substances you can take that to the bank.IDIOTS.

Laughing stock to who?

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2008, 04:43:10 PM »
Chick does the name Jose Canseco mean anything to you?I think he talked a little out of school about Drugs in sport.IFBB Drug Rule = No Fukin Drug Rule.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2008, 04:46:45 PM »
Chick does the name Jose Canseco mean anything to you?I think he talked a little out of school about Drugs in sport.IFBB Drug Rule = No Fukin Drug Rule.

No, it doesn't.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2008, 04:53:02 PM »
I think he played sport where Drug use was banned you know like all modern sports.And he spilled the beans on who was using what and where.Started as I like to say a huge fire and it's still burning.IFBB Drug Rule = No Fukin Drug Rule.