Author Topic: Can someone please explain this MRI report to me?  (Read 12540 times)

Jimmy L

• Getbig II
Can someone please explain this MRI report to me?
« on: March 29, 2008, 07:15:28 PM »
Can someone please explain this MRI report to me? My doctor went over it with me but I just want to hear what you fellas think:

FINDINGS: There has been interval development of interstitial tear with tendon delamination of the posterior fibers of the distal supraspinatus tendon and the anterior fibers of the distal infraspinatus tendon extending from the musculotendinous junction to their insertion on the greater tuberosity. The interstitial tears are superimposed on changes of supraspinatus and infraspinatus tendinosis. There is no full thickness supraspinatus or infraspinatus tendon tear at this time and no clearcut extension of the interstitial tear to the bursal surface or infraspinatus tendon tear at this time and no clear cut extension of the interstitial tear to the bursal surface or to the articular surface at this time.

IMPRESSION: Interval development of interstitial tear with tendon delamination involving the posterior fibers of the distal supraspinatus tendon and the anterior fibers of the distal infraspinatus tendon extending from the musculotendinous junction to their insertion on the greater tuberosity. There is no full thickness rotator cuff tear and no clearcut extension of the interstitial tear to the articular surface or the bursal surface at this time.

It says "There has been interval development of interstitial tear with tendon delamination..." What does 'interval development' mean? What does 'tendon delamination' mean? It also says "The interstitial tears are superimposed on changes of supraspinatus and infraspinatus tendinosis." What does 'superimposed' mean?

In addition to these questions, can you guys please explain this MRI report to me?

Jimmy L

• Getbig II
Re: Can someone please explain this MRI report to me?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 07:20:48 PM »
Also, based on this MRI report, should this be causing my shoulder to be in extreme pain when I do these motions and strength tests?:

http://www.maitrise-orthop.com/corpusmaitri/orthopaedic/137_boileau/29d.jpg

http://www.aafp.org/afp/20000515/3079_f4.jpg

It also KILLS if I do these motions (with NO weight):

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Infraspinatus/DBUprightExternalRotation.html

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/BackGeneral/DBBentOverRow.html

If any of you fellas have an opinion on this, I could definitely use your help.

One last thing. I used to be into amateur boxing so I've thrown punches recently to see which ones hurt. When I throw punches right now I can pretty much throw them with some pain but not excruciating. HOWEVER, there is one punch that puts me in EXCRUCIATING LEVEL 10 PAIN...and that is when I throw an uppercut.

Can someone explain why when I throw an uppercut I'm put in EXCRUCIATING LEVEL 10 PAIN but when I throw other punches it doesn't hurt as bad? Is that consistant with the MRI findings? Don't get me wrong when I throw other punches it hurts like hell but NOTHING compared to when I throw an uppercut.

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 11:01:06 PM »
Dude if you went for an MRI, shouldn't the doctor be telling you whats wrong?

Jimmy L

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 12:10:49 AM »
Dude if you went for an MRI, shouldn't the doctor be telling you whats wrong?

I explained this:

Can someone please explain this MRI report to me? My doctor went over it with me but I just want to hear what you fellas think

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 10:16:18 AM »
Oops sorry bud:P

Jimmy L

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 05:30:36 PM »
Anyone wanna interpret this MRI report for me?

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 01:38:54 AM »
go to a sports medicine doctor, or sports physiotherapist, if u want to know how it relates to weight training.

eho

• Getbig II
  • Support Canadian Chiropractic
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 08:38:59 AM »
Hey jimmy,
b]FINDINGS:[/b] There has been interval development of interstitial tear with tendon delamination of the posterior fibers of the distal supraspinatus tendon and the anterior fibers of the distal infraspinatus tendon extending from the musculotendinous junction to their insertion on the greater tuberosity. The interstitial tears are superimposed on changes of supraspinatus and infraspinatus tendinosis. There is no full thickness supraspinatus or infraspinatus tendon tear at this time and no clearcut extension of the interstitial tear to the bursal surface or infraspinatus tendon tear at this time and no clear cut extension of the interstitial tear to the bursal surface or to the articular surface at this time.

While it's not a full-blown tear, you have some minor muscle tears near the tendon end of your supraspinatus and infraspinatus muscles.  These muscles attach to the front part of your humerus near the joint.  Interval development is probably talking about how this is likely a recurrent problem for you as you probably injure yourself often in this area without knowing it.  Superimposed, meaning viewed overtop each other in the image.  You have tears, in addition to old calcification of your tendons of those muscles.  Calcium in the tendon has the consistency of toothpaste.  If you don't get it worked on by your chiropractor or RMT, it can harden.  Also, the tears are not appearing (in the MRI) to affect your joint, so that's good news.

It says "There has been interval development of interstitial tear with tendon delamination..." What does 'interval development' mean? What does 'tendon delamination' mean? It also says "The interstitial tears are superimposed on changes of supraspinatus and infraspinatus tendinosis." What does 'superimposed' mean?
In addition to these questions, can you guys please explain this MRI report to me?
[/quote]

I hope I answered them for you.

eho